Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can't meet co-workers in any save

I have this glitch where my sims don't seem to have co-workers and I've removed mods and repaired my game, but it's still happening. Should I completely remove my mods folder and see if it helps?
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Does your sim have no coworkers at all, or is the option to meet coworkers blocked while your sim is working? If you're not sure, and you have NRaas MasterController, you can search the town for sims in a particular career. Click on City Hall, and it will be something like NRaas > MC > Sim > (pick a category*) > [Filter By] Career > (your sim's career), and you should see the coworkers listed, if there are any. (There may be a way to find coworkers by clicking directly on your sim, but I can't load my game right now to check on that, or on the exact path to bring up a coworker list from City Hall. But it's not too hard to play with the options a bit.)

*Be sure to pick a category like Basic > Invite Over that will cover homeless sims as well as residents—the game often adds homeless coworkers when there aren't enough appropriate townies to fill the slots.

If your sim has no coworkers, you can add them by clicking on your sim, NRaas > MC > Intermediate > Career > Add Coworker (MC Cheats required). If you sim already has coworkers but can't try to meet them during the work shift, you might consider using the same path to Remove Coworker and then add them back in.

And of course, it's always good to clear your cache files, and to load the game, try something, save as, quit, and clear the caches again. The usual recommendation is to try troubleshooting with only NRaas mods present, since they won't cause any game corruption.

If none of this helps, try starting a brand-new save and see if the problem persists.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Does your sim have no coworkers at all, or is the option to meet coworkers blocked while your sim is working? If you're not sure, and you have NRaas MasterController, you can search the town for sims in a particular career. Click on City Hall, and it will be something like NRaas > MC > Sim > (pick a category*) > [Filter By] Career > (your sim's career), and you should see the coworkers listed, if there are any. (There may be a way to find coworkers by clicking directly on your sim, but I can't load my game right now to check on that, or on the exact path to bring up a coworker list from City Hall. But it's not too hard to play with the options a bit.)

*Be sure to pick a category like Basic > Invite Over that will cover homeless sims as well as residents—the game often adds homeless coworkers when there aren't enough appropriate townies to fill the slots.

If your sim has no coworkers, you can add them by clicking on your sim, NRaas > MC > Intermediate > Career > Add Coworker (MC Cheats required). If you sim already has coworkers but can't try to meet them during the work shift, you might consider using the same path to Remove Coworker and then add them back in.

And of course, it's always good to clear your cache files, and to load the game, try something, save as, quit, and clear the caches again. The usual recommendation is to try troubleshooting with only NRaas mods present, since they won't cause any game corruption.

If none of this helps, try starting a brand-new save and see if the problem persists.

I currently removed all NRAAS mods to see if my sim can meet co-workers, but he hasn't gone to work yet. Wish me luck.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Regenerating my whole sims 3 folder worked. Not sure if it was the NRAAS mods or the Idle-Killer mod that caused the issues.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • kalimdorskalimdors Posts: 1 New Member
    i couldnt open new topic sorry.But i have a problem when i go to work scientist career i couldnt see any co-workers. i work alone to tje end of the shift. How can i fix it? Please help me.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    kalimdors wrote: »
    i couldnt open new topic sorry.But i have a problem when i go to work scientist career i couldnt see any co-workers. i work alone to tje end of the shift. How can i fix it? Please help me.
    Well, in TS3 you wouldn't actually be seeing the co-workers except coming and going and on your sim's relationship panel as the career is in a rabbithole. Is your question perhaps meant to be about TS4 and its Get to Work expansion?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net