Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food Poising at Chez Llama?

SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
Whaaat?? I downloaded Chez Llama and started building homes in Newcrest. Lots of sims hours have passed, so this restaurant should have had time to accumulate expertise... though I assumed a Max-built restaurant is run by employees that know what they're doing. I finally decide to have one of my sims ask a gal out and thought, hey, I get to have them try out Chez Llama! Well... the date was going very nicely until my guy is suddenly very uncomfortable and needs to run to the bathroom to throw up because he has food poisoning.

I've had some of my households own/run restaurants and I know the risk of food poisoning if the chef doesn't have the expertise for the dish, etc., but I didn't think this would happen in a game restaurant. Normally when I download or build a restaurant and none of my sims currently own it it is auto-run by the game and offers nice service by employees who do their job well.

Is this type of food-poisoning experience a thing or a fluke?
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have it happen now and then to where it almost seems random. I find it funny when I do and always make an angry phone call on my sim. Usually it is by restaurants that I've newly dropped in the game (but really I don't revisit them often.. because there are more to go too).
    I don't think they get more skilled unless you are sending sims there or running it.. I could be wrong there but that's how other skills work in the game.
    I have some pictures of a sim enjoying a meal .. getting no negative moodlets from it but still getting food poisoning after. Actually something like salmonella could work this way. It could taste great but still have the bacteria on it from unsanitary contact.
    egTcBMc.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Happens here and there for me, regardless how experienced the NPC chefs maybe or how long the restaurant has been running. In fact, I have seen no dish improvements from any of the unowned restaurants in the one year I've had Dine Out.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the sims involved don't build skills unless they're actively being made to build them (either by you going to the lot to order food, putting them in a club and making them cook/exercise/whatever, or buying the restaurant and playing on it (and making them take classes when they leave)). higher likelihood of food poisoning on earlier visits, though as hermitgirl pointed out, it can happen at any time. maybe the chef is in a poor mood or something...makes his food a lesser quality. and sometimes the game will randomly decide 'oh, there's new staff here, not the ones you're used to' which is often when i get food poisoning in my game (...and it's annoying on the rare occasion that it does that with one of the restaurants owned by one of my households)

traits for both the lot and the sims involved can help, too. early on the 'chef's kitchen' lot trait actually seemed to make food *worse* at restaurants, but thankfully that's been fixed. and, especially for my themed restaurants, i like to try to sculpt townies that i want to work in the place...though it can be a real pain trying to get them hired (...especially in sensational sixam, my alien-themed restaurant. had to hire/fire soooo many sims until i got the all alien staff i'd created just to work in it)

examples for my traits: for the restaurants, i often give them chef's kitchen and homey (cooking and mixology skills raise faster). for the staff, i tend to give hosts outgoing and/or gregarious (ambition trait) since charisma and comedy are their two most important skills. waitstaff have fitness and charisma as important skills so they'll sometimes get active or outgoing. chefs, of course, have cooking and mixology as their important skills but i try to avoid giving them the master chef/mixologist aspirations to start and sometimes give them the perfectionist trait, though not really sure if it works for restaurant chefs

obviously, the sims aspect doesn't work for the random hires for unowned restaurants, but most of the time they work out just fine, anyway. (interestingly, one of my unowned restaurants is placed in selvadorado and the host and waiters are selvadoradan natives, but neither chef is)
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    So far I have never had any problems with food poisoning , saying that I know it will happen to me next time i play. :#
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018
    kalaksed wrote: »
    the sims involved don't build skills unless they're actively being made to build them (either by you going to the lot to order food, putting them in a club and making them cook/exercise/whatever, or buying the restaurant and playing on it (and making them take classes when they leave)). higher likelihood of food poisoning on earlier visits, though as hermitgirl pointed out, it can happen at any time. maybe the chef is in a poor mood or something...makes his food a lesser quality. and sometimes the game will randomly decide 'oh, there's new staff here, not the ones you're used to' which is often when i get food poisoning in my game (...and it's annoying on the rare occasion that it does that with one of the restaurants owned by one of my households)

traits for both the lot and the sims involved can help, too. early on the 'chef's kitchen' lot trait actually seemed to make food *worse* at restaurants, but thankfully that's been fixed. and, especially for my themed restaurants, i like to try to sculpt townies that i want to work in the place...though it can be a real pain trying to get them hired (...especially in sensational sixam, my alien-themed restaurant. had to hire/fire soooo many sims until i got the all alien staff i'd created just to work in it)

examples for my traits: for the restaurants, i often give them chef's kitchen and homey (cooking and mixology skills raise faster). for the staff, i tend to give hosts outgoing and/or gregarious (ambition trait) since charisma and comedy are their two most important skills. waitstaff have fitness and charisma as important skills so they'll sometimes get active or outgoing. chefs, of course, have cooking and mixology as their important skills but i try to avoid giving them the master chef/mixologist aspirations to start and sometimes give them the perfectionist trait, though not really sure if it works for restaurant chefs

obviously, the sims aspect doesn't work for the random hires for unowned restaurants, but most of the time they work out just fine, anyway. (interestingly, one of my unowned restaurants is placed in selvadorado and the host and waiters are selvadoradan natives, but neither chef is)

@kalaksed Yes, I've run restaurants with them and the employee part is a real pain. Made me smile reading about your creating potential clients but it's still a low likelihood (YUP!) I have been able to hire a few, but after having some really bad employees I literally have spent hours hunting down the available sims to hire for the job, making sure they don't have terrible traits (lazy, crazy, etc.). And it changes the available sims if you fire to hire a better one... the good one is inevitably the one that disappears from the choices... etc. And it is forever adding every elder in the game for this tough job on their feet for hours that wears them out. :/ It was so bad I had to delete from unplayed households some of the worst candidates (crazies) and some elders to get anyone who can handle the job in any reasonable way.

Then there's the bug where the waiters will randomly leave for a run. I finally gave up trying to track them. I just hire an extra waiter/waitress, and make sure all of their regular and active clothes in the gallery/households were something that would look acceptable in their job. (Sometimes they come back to work, or come to work in the first place, in their regular clothes or in their 'active' outfit after running. :#
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Hey, this can happen in even the Best of restaurants. Perhaps, it was a disgruntled employee, who didn't get the raise/recognition they desired and decided to give his boss grief! :p I like the randomness of it. Could be, too, that the Manager purchased the food supplies from the wrong vendor, too. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i actually had the fyre household go to the seafood restaurant i'd placed in windenberg in the short time i played yesterday (original plan was to place it in brindleton bay, but it was too big for any of the waterside lots, alas. and i didn't want to try to rebuild it smaller. was a very, very amazing pre-pets gallery find that i added brindleton sea-related decor to, as well as all the fish-themed foods in the game) and had what appeared to be a 'runner' instance with one of the waitresses...

but, it turned out that it was actually one of the patrons that had gone for a jog after being seated and the waitress was chasing him down the street trying to place his order. which really made me laugh...

my sensational sixam restaurant was originally on the 40x20 lot in newcrest and 3/4 of the outside was pools. most of the time, at least one waiter or waitress would decide they needed to go swimming instead of doing their job. which was extremely frustrating, to say the least. lot has since been moved to magnolia promenade, which is now an alien world district (alien themed restaurant, vet office, and retail lot all owned by the same family, and an alien nightclub that is the meeting place for my interstellar smugglers) and has much less water around to avoid that
    edited October 2018
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i actually had the fyre household go to the seafood restaurant i'd placed in windenberg in the short time i played yesterday (original plan was to place it in brindleton bay, but it was too big for any of the waterside lots, alas. and i didn't want to try to rebuild it smaller. was a very, very amazing pre-pets gallery find that i added brindleton sea-related decor to, as well as all the fish-themed foods in the game) and had what appeared to be a 'runner' instance with one of the waitresses...

but, it turned out that it was actually one of the patrons that had gone for a jog after being seated and the waitress was chasing him down the street trying to place his order. which really made me laugh...

my sensational sixam restaurant was originally on the 40x20 lot in newcrest and 3/4 of the outside was pools. most of the time, at least one waiter or waitress would decide they needed to go swimming instead of doing their job. which was extremely frustrating, to say the least. lot has since been moved to magnolia promenade, which is now an alien world district (alien themed restaurant, vet office, and retail lot all owned by the same family, and an alien nightclub that is the meeting place for my interstellar smugglers) and has much less water around to avoid that

@kalaksed That cracks me up! I had the same swimming waitresses (and patrons & owners as well) issue when I renovated the big penthouse in San Myshuno and made it a restaurant. I called the restaurant "The Penthouse", and it's downloadable in my gallery, but it would probably be more fun to install and visit in your game than to own. It's a bit of a handful to run, but less so after revisions and troubleshooting... but if you own and run it, be very conscious of which doors you lock or not. In the end I made it so you could go to the basketball, gaming, 'espresso-bar', dancing and swimming areas without being customers to help reduce chaos. Hahaha... the customers definitely have fun with it, though! It is fun to own so you can control the door locks and all as long as you are wealthy enough to purchase it and don't need to really profit much if at all from it. Fun to try... then if you are tired of running it it can be left as a fun lot to have available for your sims to dine or recreate at. :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    It happens at random. Although oddly, it seems to occur more at Chez Llama. I've had that happen a few times in the game. You can call the restaurant and get a refund.
    edited October 2018
    It happens at random. Although oddly, it seems to occur more at Chez Llama. I've had that happen a few times in the game. You can call the restaurant and get a refund.

Good to know for the future. In this case, too much time has passed now in my game I'm sure... At least he still managed to come out of the evening with a girlfriend. Besides, they're rich and really don't need the money back. Maybe they can buy it or make their own... ;)
    Sims 4 Gallery