Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A list of the things we wanna see in upcoming packs and updates

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'd like the ability to write books by hand.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LadyBee98LadyBee98 Posts: 8 New Member
    1) Above all else, I want a University pack. Maybe multiple universities, and you can pick which school to go to?
    2) More careers! Interactive/playable or not, I just want more careers. Business/office worker, teacher, firefighter, police, military, beautician, babysitter/daycare, photographer. And being able to use the npc careers! Maid, repairman, mailman, landlord, paparazzi, etc. Part time jobs for the adults would be cool, too.
    3) More traits and aspirations!
    4) More CAS options, items, and activities for toddlers, children, and teens. Stuff like a coloring table for the toddlers, afterschool activities for the children/teens, and even things like driving lessons, prom, and college prep for the teens.
    5) Having more active/interactive parenting. Like, being able to set 'house rules', being able to punish/ground the kids if they break said rules, etc.
    5) More pets. Horses especially, but also birds, reptiles, etc.
    6) Bunk beds, and loft beds.
    7) More activities. Such as pottery, skateboarding for the kids/teens, sports,
    8) Online dating would be great. I feel like my sim is always running into the same dozen townies, and it would be great to be able to 'meet' more people.
    9) Having cars would be cool, but that's just for like, decorative purposes I suppose, since it's not an open world anymore.
  • Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    After reading @LadyBee98 's comments, I must say that I agree with most of them. Here is my list:

1. Education-based play (actually going to school, university, etc.)
    2. After school activities (scouting was a great idea, but I would love to see more interactions)
    3. More activities (pottery, sculpture [beyond clay], skateboarding, bike riding, etc.
    4. More pet options (reptiles, birds, and even bats [I'm thinking Vampires Pack]). I say this because the ones you have are so much fun :)
    5. More interactive careers (teaching, construction, consulting, marketing, social-justice-related, firefighter (since we already have fire in the game), photographer (we have the "stuff" already).
    6. More traits and aspirations (I know you add some occasionally now - please keep going!)

Thank you for all of the fun and for everything you do :)
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I find it strange that most of the things we want to do in Build mode can only be done using the MoveObjects cheat. For example, you can't build water fountains up against a pool or swimming pools with water spraying into it:

pool-with-sprinklers.jpg

When I tell my dad and sister what can't be done in the game, they both think it's stupid and too restricting. You can't have split-level staircases or spiral stairs. You can't have cars.
    2quwd7.gif

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    LadyBee98 wrote: »
    1) Above all else, I want a University pack. Maybe multiple universities, and you can pick which school to go to?
    2) More careers! Interactive/playable or not, I just want more careers. Business/office worker, teacher, firefighter, police, military, beautician, babysitter/daycare, photographer. And being able to use the npc careers! Maid, repairman, mailman, landlord, paparazzi, etc. Part time jobs for the adults would be cool, too.
    3) More traits and aspirations!
    4) More CAS options, items, and activities for toddlers, children, and teens. Stuff like a coloring table for the toddlers, afterschool activities for the children/teens, and even things like driving lessons, prom, and college prep for the teens.
    5) Having more active/interactive parenting. Like, being able to set 'house rules', being able to punish/ground the kids if they break said rules, etc.
    5) More pets. Horses especially, but also birds, reptiles, etc.
    6) Bunk beds, and loft beds.
    7) More activities. Such as pottery, skateboarding for the kids/teens, sports,
    8) Online dating would be great. I feel like my sim is always running into the same dozen townies, and it would be great to be able to 'meet' more people.
    9) Having cars would be cool, but that's just for like, decorative purposes I suppose, since it's not an open world anymore.

Omg office lady would be awesome. You could do a lp or regular play as an office worker in something like the Japanese office culture. Like you see in dramas and anime.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • moomin2moomin2 Posts: 1 New Member
    This is all my ideas put into 1. Thank you so much. I really do hope EA/TheSims read this and take all of this into consideration.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I feel like we need more themed packs. like TS3 had these outrageous themed packs where furniture looked like things that shouldn't be furniture. TS4 feels way too... tame. too NORMAL. we need crazy stuff too!
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • BillieJoXBillieJoX Posts: 23 Member
    The things I think we need are;

- cars (sims should be able to have driving leasons as teens, onces they pass there test they can buy cars to drive. The higher school grade the easier it is for them to pass.)

- Vacations (I know we have some but we need more locations, like somewhere to ski somewhere for swimming and to go to the beach)

- More activities to do and places to go (Get famous update? - Concerts to go to, movie premiers, live shows, cinema.)

- More career opportunties (Nursery Assistants (live career), Baby sitters should be live careers. Teens should be able to carry on with there careers when they age. Children should be able to do paper rounds or maybe become a dog walker (cats&dogs). Also a dentist career for adults.

- More ages (Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder aren’t enough if you want to play on a shorter life length as you can’t progress skills, school or careers)
    Baby (Same as at present - can’t go to daycare yet)
    Small Toddler (Learns to Crawl and talk, sleeps in a proper cot - can begin learning imagination, movement and social skills, can go to daycare or parents can pay to go to a nursery - bonus of upping skills and needs quicker)
    Toddler (Learns to Walk, Once mastered imagination skill and movement can begin to develop motor and creativity skills (both by drawing - drawing practices minor motions where as running is a gross motion going by the EYFS)
    Child (Can do chores to get pocket money - allowing them to save for when they move out making gameplay easier for later generations. More afterschool activities (swimming, gymnastics, art, music, chess) which go towards learning new skills. Pocket money can also be got from dog waking and paper rounds (meantioned above).
    Preteen (Same as child, skills once completed give points towards adult skills (master creativity, level 2 towards instruments (if mostly done by violin/piano/singing) towards painting (if by drawing) and towards writing (if by writing) ect. - Toddler skills effect childrens skills so why can’t it continue? The children can then progress that skill from that level or start new ones enabled by completing that skill branch). Can learn guitar skill.
    Teen (same as present) live careers ? Babysitting should unlock parenting skill. Barista should unlock bartending skill.
    Should be able to unlock modelling or acting careers (Get Famous) These careers should be live and done on weekends.
    Adolescent (Left school but can attend college to get a boost when starting careers. Example: Qualification in Catering - Starts cooking career at level 2/3.
    College days should vary as part time and full time. Teen careers can be continued, hours can be increased - by players choice).
    During this age is when they should be preparing to go to Uni (Univerisity pack?).
    Can also fall pregnant. (Some people have kids young... I was pregnant at 17 and I know people who fell pregnant at 15 so this shouldn’t really be as a shock... chances should just be slimmer for the more ‘intellegent’ and perfectionist sims. Though increased chances if family orientated. If both it can go either way depending on relationship status and financial capabilities. Can now by a pet.
    Young Adult - Can go to univerisity, work full time or part time, can remain in collage by choice. Can buy companies and run them.
    Adult - same as present.
    Early Elder - can look into retirement and retirement homes, prepares self for later life.
    Elder - can retire and go into retirement homes. May be reliant on other sims.

- Upon death sims funds split between children and grandchildren. (Whether played or not or in there own households)

- Entertainer career should be live. As should the catering career.

- Everyone should be able to work in restuarants.

- Libarian Career? Tutoring Career? Teaching Career? Early Years Careers? Social worker career?

- Early Years ^ Career, College course, Nurseries, Apprenticeship. Live Job / Childcare option. (Meantioned above). Discount in childcare for parents who work in the childcare/education sectors.

- Social Worker (broken down) Career, Children can opt to have one when they become a preteen. Can study health and social care in collage or do an apprenticeship which goes towards this. Social worker is triggered if multiple needs get low more than 3 times in a week. Children can go into the care service and go into an orphanage (playable if you decide to keep playing as your child sim - though thats the only playable sim for you on the lot unless multiple children from your household are placed there) - much stricter than a home environment, set bed times and meal times, longer groundings (Parenting). Ect. Children are more likely to have a ‘tense’ mood due to the environment or be ‘embarassed’ when out in public. ‘Sad’ moodlet for 2 days when first taken to a care home. Limited contact with families - can get a sad moodlet because of this.

- Disabilities (both minor and severe) Benefits can be given due to this.

- Sign language skill (sims should be able to be born deaf or become deaf with age).

- Live in Nannies. (Can either hire one or become one). If you become one you have your own individual money from the household you live with. You can only play using your ‘Nanny’ sim.

Cant think of anything else right now but if I do I’ll comment again 🙈🙊
  • BillieJoXBillieJoX Posts: 23 Member
    We NEED better characterisation:

More Traits I’d like to see;
    - Violinist (Better at playing violin, learns violin still quicker)
    - Guitarist (same as above but guitar)
    - Pianoist (same as above but piano)
    - Songwriter (gains more money from writing songs)
    - Workaholic
    - Fashionista (Loves setting trends, discussing fashion and giving fashion advice)
    - Photogenic
    - Theatrical (better at the acting skill)
    - Green thumb (gardening skill)
    - Natural Writer (Books make more profits)
    - Born Artist (Paintings make more profits)
    - Over emotional
    (We need more negative traits).

We should have favourites and things we don’t like 🤷🏼‍♀️
    - Music
    - Food
    - Hobby
    - Skills
    - Colour

Fears and Phobias. (These should come up like traits)
    - Scared of the dark
    - Scared of spiders
    - Fear of being alone
    - Fear of childbirth (temporary in 3rd trimester, if has a bad labour becomes pernament) // Yes I think we should have different types of labours (possibly a midwife career too) No two labours are the same.
    - Scared of Thunder
    - Scared of Lightening
    (Fears can be developed through gameplay / can also be selected when in CAS when starting off)

Allergies
    - Cold (this is a really allergy - my mum has it and comes out in hives and her eyes swell)
    - Nuts
    - Fish
    - Diary
    - Insect bites
    - Washing powders (We should have a range of these)

Illnesses / Diseases
    - We should be able to go to the hospital for routine check ups. Illnesses should also include coughs and colds or chicken poxs.
    - Illnesses should last longer than they do to make it more realistic. (Or at least a whole day).
    - Parents should be able to call in sick for their children.
    - Sims should be able to be born with diseases and develop them. The sooner they are found the greater chance of survival.
    - If a sim has a disease they should have scheduled appointments and be able to have the day off of work/school paid.

More dietary options:
    - Won’t eat pork
    - Only eats white meat
    - Only eats red meat
    - Vegan
    Ect. Vegetarian isn’t enough...

As a child they should be given dietry options based on their parents but when they become a teen they should have the chance to change this.

Just like pets have the availability to develop traits in game, sims should too. (I’m not on about just the ones completed by childhood aspirations and growing from a teen to adult - parenthood). We should be able to develop traits based on regularly used hobbies/skills for each individual sim.

As I meantioned in my previous comment about disabilities. They should also have wheelchairs as options.
    Sims should also be able to break & fracture bones. (Giving them crutches and casts).

New skills:
    Yoga, Dancing (should be broken down; Ballet, Breakdancing, Streetdancing ect.), Flute, Trumpet, Skating (Figure, Roller, Skateboarding ect.), Cake decorating, Rap, Songwriting (Lyrics to be exact until they develop the instrument skills then they can add backing music), Hacking, Modelling, Sewing, Knitting, Drawing, Poetry, Fashion Design, The fitness skill should be split into Cardio and Strength.

Skills should also be set to only unlock for certain ages or for people with certain traits...

*I may sound like I’m over doing the skills as such but I personally love completing all the skills to the end. I usually start with one sim in my household get the most important skills to about 6/7 (career based ones for the career I want them to have and cooking) and then add a partner and/or children to the household... I max the childrens skills up to full and then go on to complete adult skills. You probably think it takes ages but once a sim gets to level 10 they can mentor other sims which increases the speed others learn. I basically pick my favourite out of the children to max them all with and max at least one or two with the other children and then go on to later play as the one who turns out best... sounds terrible but it helps with career progression... I currently have a mother and daughter, the daughter is a child shes maxed all instruments available and all child skills and I’m very slowly doing the get famous bits with the daughter whilst maxing her other skills (I play on ps4) I have a lot of goals with mine, I think I’m way to serious about sims 🤣. The mum has maxed out cooking and almost all the instruments and is level 10 in the entertainer career. Her husband was lvl 8 in the cooking skill (he was a chef...) He passed away on christmas eve in the game when the daughter was a toddler 😬😢 He regularly asks the mum on dates as a ghost but doesn’t bother with his daughter now shes getting older... (She was a twin and the Dad was closer to her sister...)
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    #4 Toggles for vampires/celebrity system. Both are super cool and way more fun in sims 4 than in sims3... but I don't want them all the time. I really have to be in the mood to mess with that nonsense. Especially the celebrity stuff.
    #3 I want something that costs me money. I'm so tired of all of my sims becoming accidentally rich because I don't constantly buy them stuff. I mean, in less than four seasons I am filthy rich if I even try to paint... and that's with a mod that makes painting take four times as long! I want price increases or salaries lowered or medical bills or house insurance. Maybe a way to send half of my money off with a kid I kick out of the house. Idk, but being rich all the time is boooring. I like having to work for stuff. I liked that I had to go to the grocery store some times.
    #2 I really never need to leave my house in this new game. I want a reason I *have* to leave.
    #1 And my absolute number 1! I want to be able to walk my neighborhood. Currently I can walk the sidewalks, but the homes themselves are things I have to visit. I wish that just the homes in my neighborhood were open world. Same with public lots next to each other. Only loading screens when you left that part of town. Maybe then I could have my open world human-interaction without the chaos and lag of sims 3?

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Paneep wrote: »
    #1 And my absolute number 1! I want to be able to walk my neighborhood. Currently I can walk the sidewalks, but the homes themselves are things I have to visit. I wish that just the homes in my neighborhood were open world. Same with public lots next to each other. Only loading screens when you left that part of town. Maybe then I could have my open world human-interaction without the chaos and lag of sims 3?

They already said open worlds/ neighborhoods are not possible in The Sims 4. :(
    Maybe in The Sims 5...
    a256aFi.gif
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2019

Maybe in The Sims 5...
    *sigh* Then I better not waste my money on TS4 packs and save it for the hope of a (more but not fully) open TS5. I often feel like I'm playing a mobile game when I play sims4. It just feels so watered down compared to sims 3 in many aspects. :/

Oh! I'd also love opacity with makeup. There are so many times a little adjustment is all it would take...
    Oh! And if babies were an active lifestage rather than a two day annoyance... :/
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    What I would like to see:

1-Multi purpose lots.Make the generic lots more like the public lots in Sims 1,so we can create community centers,post offices,fast food places,etc.

2-CAW. I would LOVE to be able to create my own world,and change the names of the worlds we already have.Names like "Willow Creek" and "Windenburg" are so boring...let me create my own exciting worlds and give them exciting names. Let me create inner-city worlds that have no bodies of water flowing through them..let me create a world that's notning but snow and ice...let me create a tropical world where people can swim in the ocean and relax on the beach.

3-More pets! I would love to own fish,birds,and reptiles,just like in Sims 1. It's just boring with just cats and dogs,and I have no intention of buying a stuff pack just so I can get rodents.

4-Home schooling. In Sims 1 and 2,there was no home schooling.. I think that needs to change,EA.Start allowing us to home school our kids,so we don't have to worry about them missing school or getting bad grades. With home schooling,we can teach our kids whenever we want,and not worry about having to rush back from a vacation or eating breakfast out just to make sure our kids get to school on time.

5-Give us a way to stop numerous townies from spawning constantly! I create my own NPCs to do things like cook at diners or be DJs at parties,but I rarely ever get to see them in action. Why? Because the EA-spawned townies are ALWAYS showing up and bumping my own created NPCS out of the spotlight! No matter how many EA townies I delete,more always show up! And unlike my NPCS,the EA townies always wear ugly outfits that are cringe-worthy. Let us use our own NPCS,EA,and put a stop to the EA Townie Spawner.

6-We need more venues! Venues such as video game arcades,opera houses,movies theaters,performing arts halls,tennis courts,etc. Let our sims go horseback riding at a ranch,or play games at a game arcade.More different venues will add a lot more fun to Sims 4.

7-Speaking of venues,let us create county fairs and amusement parks! No llama-themed/gnome -themed/freezer bunny-themed stuff, just the regular,colorful stuff you always see at fairs and theme parks. A carnival or amusement park would be lots of fun in Sims 4!

8-Stop trying to attract the younger crowd! Go back to attracting people who have been playing since Sims 1/2/3, and let the Millennials decide IF they want to play Sims or not.. Put land lines and newspapers back in...bring back Nancy the Paper Girl...give us canning stations and butter churns. Give us lemonade stands.magazines and bicycles.Sims 4 would be so much more enjoyable if these things were added.

9-No more recycled stuff,please. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing you ecycle the same boring hairdos,clothing and furnitre over and over and over again. Give us stuff that isn't recycled for once! The new updos are a good start-you all just need to look at fashion magazines to see what different kinds of hairstyles adn clothing you all can create.

I hope you consider the above suggections,EA. It would be so much fun for all ages.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
    edited February 2019
    Paneep wrote: »

Maybe in The Sims 5...
    *sigh* Then I better not waste my money on TS4 packs and save it for the hope of a (more but not fully) open TS5. I often feel like I'm playing a mobile game when I play sims4. It just feels so watered down compared to sims 3 in many aspects. :/

Oh! I'd also love opacity with makeup. There are so many times a little adjustment is all it would take...
    Oh! And if babies were an active lifestage rather than a two day annoyance... :/

The problem is the engine I guess, it wasn't built for open world. (The main reason (I think) was because it was meant to be an online multiplayer game at first)
    Open world was my favorite thing about Sims 3, you always felt like there was something to do or explore. Loading screens interrupting the gameplay just break the immersion.
    a256aFi.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want to see beds get more animations eg relax in,kiss,makeout,cuddle,snuggle,spoon,watch tv,read,chat and talk on phone.
    Don't forget make the bed so tired of them making themselves hate perfect worlds.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    What I would like to see:

1-Multi purpose lots.Make the generic lots more like the public lots in Sims 1,so we can create community centers,post offices,fast food places,etc.

2-CAW. I would LOVE to be able to create my own world,and change the names of the worlds we already have.Names like "Willow Creek" and "Windenburg" are so boring...let me create my own exciting worlds and give them exciting names. Let me create inner-city worlds that have no bodies of water flowing through them..let me create a world that's notning but snow and ice...let me create a tropical world where people can swim in the ocean and relax on the beach.

3-More pets! I would love to own fish,birds,and reptiles,just like in Sims 1. It's just boring with just cats and dogs,and I have no intention of buying a stuff pack just so I can get rodents.

4-Home schooling. In Sims 1 and 2,there was no home schooling.. I think that needs to change,EA.Start allowing us to home school our kids,so we don't have to worry about them missing school or getting bad grades. With home schooling,we can teach our kids whenever we want,and not worry about having to rush back from a vacation or eating breakfast out just to make sure our kids get to school on time.

5-Give us a way to stop numerous townies from spawning constantly! I create my own NPCs to do things like cook at diners or be DJs at parties,but I rarely ever get to see them in action. Why? Because the EA-spawned townies are ALWAYS showing up and bumping my own created NPCS out of the spotlight! No matter how many EA townies I delete,more always show up! And unlike my NPCS,the EA townies always wear ugly outfits that are cringe-worthy. Let us use our own NPCS,EA,and put a stop to the EA Townie Spawner.

6-We need more venues! Venues such as video game arcades,opera houses,movies theaters,performing arts halls,tennis courts,etc. Let our sims go horseback riding at a ranch,or play games at a game arcade.More different venues will add a lot more fun to Sims 4.

7-Speaking of venues,let us create county fairs and amusement parks! No llama-themed/gnome -themed/freezer bunny-themed stuff, just the regular,colorful stuff you always see at fairs and theme parks. A carnival or amusement park would be lots of fun in Sims 4!

8-Stop trying to attract the younger crowd! Go back to attracting people who have been playing since Sims 1/2/3, and let the Millennials decide IF they want to play Sims or not.. Put land lines and newspapers back in...bring back Nancy the Paper Girl...give us canning stations and butter churns. Give us lemonade stands.magazines and bicycles.Sims 4 would be so much more enjoyable if these things were added.

9-No more recycled stuff,please. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing you ecycle the same boring hairdos,clothing and furnitre over and over and over again. Give us stuff that isn't recycled for once! The new updos are a good start-you all just need to look at fashion magazines to see what different kinds of hairstyles adn clothing you all can create.

I hope you consider the above suggections,EA. It would be so much fun for all ages.

I love a lot of this stuff. I especially like the idea that they should start catering to the people who have already loved playing it, rather than trying to get the newbies in, and screwing us over.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    I want a career kind of like uber, gopuff, etc. Driving around delivering cookies from your bakery. Food trucks. Convenience stores on wheels.
    Owning bodegas, food trucks. Pop up stands.
    Most of my food revolves around ideas.
    I mean ideas around food, lol
    Supernatural, Farming or University expansion!
    a256aFi.gif
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Obviously Witches and University as far as packs go, with Werewolves, Zombies, Fixed Plantsims and maybe Fairies thrown in somewhere. A retail overhaul would be nice too.

Little Things I Want:

Normal Sized Silver And Gold Hoop Earrings
    Pool Tables
    More Club Icons
    Laptops (That can go into inventory and used in the world)
    Bunk Beds
    More Careers

I'm sure there are a ton more, but that's all I can think of right now.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I would like for my sims to be able to order out food other than pizza.
    I am ready to try the 'work at home' options.
    I would like for calls to show up on the notice board so that you can return a call and accept an invite. Not for a long time, but sometimes I do miss the calls and would like to have a chance to change the Sim mind in just an hour.
    I would like for apartments to be available for use in all worlds.

I like a lot of the other suggestions too.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    How about the chance to actually do something with the Ministry of Labour side of things? You can register a new job title but you can't do anything with it.

Also, how about a modelling career where you can have fashion shows with catwalks?
    2quwd7.gif

• ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    the ability to search for CAS items with a search bar like we can with build/buy mode
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    So, to sum all that up, you're basically saying you want to own business and residential lots again like in sims 3? That was really fun and nice to just to be able to own and run anything.

For me, I want that too at some point but right now I desperately need university, more hobbies, cars, freed babies, and romance MOST.

Then farming and island vacations would be good. Witches at some point but in no hurry.
    I want to see beds get more animations eg relax in,kiss,makeout,cuddle,snuggle,spoon,watch tv,read,chat and talk on phone.

Yup.

Yes...just yes. Beds right now are like coffins. We cant do anything in them but just lie there and not move.
    storyy wrote: »
    I thought of this the other day and just mentioned it in another post, but I would love a pottery activity like ceramics! I love being able to craft and sell/display items with the woodworking bench, easel, flower arrangement table, etc. Having a ceramics station where you can throw clay and sculpt bowls, plates, mugs, vases, wall decor, and so on would be awesome! Just to simplify the process for the sake of the game, I think you would pop it in the kiln and then maybe just select a color scheme for the item when it's finished.

When building the skill early on, I'd imagine that bowls come out wavy, plates break in the firing process, and other similar errors. And of course once you have the skill, you could produce beautifully crafted masterpieces.

I'm kind of making it up as I go along typing this out, but I think it could be a new fun skill and even self-employment career option.

We had this very thing in sims 2. It was very cool. That and sewing machines.