Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimLit: Tales from the Petrichors (Gen 2, ep 26) & More! 11/2/18

AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
2.png

Hello, and welcome to my story thread! Tales from the Petrichors is the legacy I'm currently playing, and I hope to make it far with them. It's a legacy challenge playthrough very loosely following the original rules. I'll also be incorporating other challenges into this playthrough (for example, one child may be born as a superhero from DC/Marvel legacy challenge, while another may be born as a wizard from the Seven Wizards challenge). This is going to be a mega legacy I hope! I won't be posting the full chapters here, but I'll be updating this thread every time I add a new chapter to my WordPress. Feel free to comment on the chapters/storyline here! I'd love some feedback~ Each post will include a link to the chapter, as well as a small excerpt about the chapter. I'll put the chapter list under a spoiler once it gets a bit longer. Thanks for reading! ^-^

* Meet the Founder:
zara.png

* Table of Contents (Generation 1):

* Table of Contents (Generation 2):

* OTHER SERIES:

Bane of the Nightmares (100 Baby & 100 Death Challenge)
Total Drama Creek (Total Drama Island Challenge/Testing)
  • Pilot - Welcome to the Creek
  • 002 - the First Challenge
  • 003 - Day Three
  • 004 - Dance Til You Drop
  • 005 - Day Five
  • 006 - Paint Like Picasso
  • 007 - Unexpected Elimination

Stronger (Asylum Challenge)
the Niji Clan (Not So Berry/Very Berry Challenge)
Papillon (Blood's Thicker Than Water/Ultimate Vampric Lord Challenge)
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
ntlW6ly.png
Post edited by AnnoyingTiger on

Comments

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    edited October 2018
    Chapter 5 is out ^-^
    Zara awoke to the smell of pumpkin spice filling her apartment. Before her eyes even opened, she knew it was the day of HarvestFest. She should be happy, but for some reason, she just woke up feeling angry. Despite this, she put on a brave face and headed into the kitchen where one of many holiday gnomes sat.
    ntlW6ly.png
    edited October 2018
    Chapter 6 _ Fateful Encounters
    After spending some time with the Jang family, Zara decided it was time to return home. On her way, she discovered another box sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. Looking around and seeing no one, she shrugged and started to rifle through it. Like before, it was filled with a bunch of random items, including a snow globe. This one featured the area of Yuma Heights.

“Stealing more snow globes, aye?”
    ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 7 _ Letter from Mom
    When Zara woke the next morning, she found her apartment an even bigger mess than it had been the day before. Despite HarvestFest being long over, the gnomes were still in her apartment and, with them, were piles and piles of rotting garbage. The counters were covered in grime, but at least the sink wasn’t broken again.

“Why are you still here?!” She cried out, angrily. “Go away!”

But they refused, still glaring angrily at her through those beady glass eyes.
    ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 8 - A Date to Remember
    ‘Hey, gorgeous! Wanna go out on the town tonight? ;)

Zara’s nose wrinkled as she read the message from Naoki. It seemed so generic like it had been copied and pasted to dozens of others. Still, the only thing she had been doing for the past two hours was staring at a blank document on her computer, unable to find enough inspiration to write even the first sentence. With that in mind, she agreed. Who knows, maybe she’d be struck with a brilliant idea from it all.
    ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 9 - Sick Pet
    Zara awoke around four in the morning to the sound of Captain whining and whimpering. The sound shocked the sleep from her body as she sprung out of bed, nearly tripping as she rushed into the kitchen. Her companion was lying on the counter whining, his nose a bright red.
    ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 10 - A Night to Remember
    Zara was tired of being cooped up in the study working on her latest novel, so she decided to head down to the food stalls and try another dish she hadn’t tried before. There were several others milling about, spraying the ground with paint, eating, chatting or creating beautiful music that filled the air. She met a couple new people, talking and chatting as she enjoyed her food. Katrina was there, as well, and she had fun catching up with her.

Chapter 11 - Life is Changing
    Zara awoke to the feeling of fingers brushing through her hair. Her eyes peeled open, Karson’s blurry face slowly coming into focus. He smiled at her, brushing his lips against her forehead.

“Goodmorning, beautiful.”

“Morning,” she breathed out.

“How did you sleep?”

“Better than I have in a while.”

He chuckled. “Last night was amazing, wasn’t it? It’s so nice to be with someone I can talk to for hours.”

She nodded, biting her lip. “Do you… feel it too?”

“The spark? Yeah, I do.”

Chapter 12 - San Myshuno Raccoons
    It was early morning when Karson decided to go for a jog. It was a constant struggle between his laziness and his desire to be physically fit. Some days it felt impossible to reach his dream, other days it seemed to be right in front of him. Today, he felt the latter, feeling motivated enough to go for a jog around the neighborhood.

“Excuse me, sir?”
    ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 13 - Welcome to the World
    It was around six in the morning when Karson realized that Captain was acting strangely. Rather than waking up his pregnant girlfriend who was ready to burst and quite cranky, he got himself dressed and grabbed a taxi to the train station with Captain in tow. He wasn’t surprised that the cat had gotten sick – it was freezing outside, leaving their apartment frigid since the landlord refused to install heating into the apartment building. This motivated him to work harder to get his new family out of their current living situation.
    ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 14 - Festive Spirit
    Zara woke up the morning of WinterFest, feeling her spirits high. Karson was still asleep, having got home late from training. She decided to make a grand breakfast for her family, humming in content as she did so.

Chapter 15 - Countdown to Midnight
    Karson smiled at his daughter as he pulled the covers up over her before kissing her forehead. “Goodnight, dear.”

The young girl smiled at her father. “Night, Papa.”

Meanwhile, Zara was sat at the kitchen table, grabbing a snack before bed.

Chapter 16 - Winter Blues
    After several minutes of bugging her, Zara finally caved, agreeing to head downstairs to build a snowpal together. She was taking it more seriously than he was, carefully rolling the snow into a ball to form its head. Meanwhile, he snuck up behind her, shoving snow into her jacket. She yelped at the sudden chill, dropping the head and chasing after him.

Chapter 17 - Awkward Meetings
    Zara had been working her butt off, writing columns and attending festivals. Her boss had noticed and awarded her with a promotion and a pay raise.

UPDATE: I added links to my other series/playthroughs on the first page c: I hope you enjoy!
    ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 18 - Don't Give Up
    Zara smiled as Riley waddled over to the couch, climbing up beside her and pulling out the wabbit tablet. She was getting so big and her birthday was tomorrow.

Chapter 19 - Growing Up
    The morning of Riley’s birthday, Zara got up early to make breakfast and make last minute preparations for her party. After she finished cooking, she went into the bedroom to find her daughter.

“Good morning, Riley!” She pressed her lips to Riley’s forehead, making the young girl giggle.

Chapter 20 - Love Day, part 1
    Riley went to school that morning, excited for Love Day. She had some money saved up from her allowance and wanted to buy a rose for all of her classmates.

Chapter 21 - Love Day, part 2
    Karson sighed heavily, breathing through his nose as he tried to get a control on his emotions. Why was he so angsty today? He had a variety of things going through his mind; not only was today Love Day, but it was also his birthday. The thought of growing older stressed him out more than it should.
    ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 22 – Newcrest, Here We Come!
    Zara had to review three different food items for work, so she headed down to the food stalls near the apartment. She browsed the menu before settling on Merguez, which she got for free being a food critic. It looked and smelled pretty good and she was excited to try it, but she quickly found herself regretting her decision as a sharp spice invaded her tongue, setting it on fire.

Chapter 23 – Kori Petrichor
    “Ouch!” Zara cried out, clutching her finger to her chest. She had grown quite confident in her cooking skills – maybe a little bit too confident, and the knife slipped out of her hand, cutting her finger. It wasn’t a deep slash, but it still hurt!

Chapter 24 – Goodbye, My Friend
    Zara’s phone buzzed on the desk, making her glance up from her novel. “Hello?”

“You sound tired, darlin’. Still writing hard?”

“Baako,” she smiled at the familiar voice. “I’ve written hundreds of books by now, and not a single one is a best seller. I think I’m just gonna give up and focus on my family.”

Chapter 25 – Selfies Full of Love
    Zara glanced up from the computer when Karson passed by the room, heading for the laundry room. She suddenly got an idea and grabbed her phone, stopping the man in his tracks.

He smiled, “What’s up, beautiful?”

“Take a picture with me,” she said, holding up her phone.

AND WITH THAT, Generation 1 has ended :)
    ntlW6ly.png
    Story Images

160.png1.png

ntlW6ly.png
    Chapter 26 - No Regrets
    Zara woke up in a good mood that morning, deciding that she wanted to spend time with her daughter.

“Karson?” She called, entering the study where the man was reading.

“What’s up, beautiful?” He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes. He looked tired.

“I’m taking Riley out for breakfast before school.”

“Oh, that sounds wonderful! Have fun,”

She pulled him into a hug before pecking his cheek and getting dressed.
    ntlW6ly.png