Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I want to know if, after having achieved a low level of fame (ie, 1 or 2 stars) can sims stay at that level?

This would be particularly useful for sims who are, for example, successful bloggers - a low level of fame would be suitable, and IRL not everyone who has some recognition goes on to be a 5 star celebrity.

I personally would be put off this pack if an increase in fame level was inevitable. I hope they can reach a particular level of fame and they can stay at that level if one so chooses.

I think you can 'quit the limelight' at any point so I guess in theory, yes?!

That's not what I meant. I want to know if it's possible to sustain a low level of fame, without gaining or losing it.

Fame decreases over time. Have your sim avoid fame interactions and once it starts decreasing, have him/her do a few 'famous' things to bring it back up. I also remember hearing that it won't drop more than 2 levels, so you could probably get them to level 3-4 and let it drop to 1-2.

Ah thanks. :) I haven't been paying all that much attention to the info coming out.

We now know there's a freeze cheat to stop fame from increasing or decreasing.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Is that really all there is to reputation ? I tuned the livestream out but it seemed mostly there to work with fame.
    I expected rewards or traits of some kind for non-famous sims, or anything at all really. I know they get job opportunities and a new social event, but I had hoped for new ways to differentiate sims.

Is there reputation gain/loss for unplayed sims ? I really hope there is, I don't want famous random townies but I definitely want some townies to have a bad rep.
    If they locked it to the played household like fame, I'll be even more disappointed.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Is that really all there is to reputation ? I tuned the livestream out but it seemed mostly there to work with fame.
    I expected rewards or traits of some kind for non-famous sims, or anything at all really. I know they get job opportunities and a new social event, but I had hoped for new ways to differentiate sims.

Is there reputation gain/loss for unplayed sims ? I really hope there is, I don't want famous random townies but I definitely want some townies to have a bad rep.
    If they locked it to the played household like fame, I'll be even more disappointed.

I don’t know about the first part, maybe not? But since reputation is about how you treat others, I bet if an NPC were to be nice or rude to a Sim then their reputation would reflect that. That will definitely need to be tested.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Will a sims reputation affect what gifts Father Winter gives them during Winterfest?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Will there be any premade GF lots in the Library?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but for skill based fame, do sims gain more fame per interaction if they are at a higher level of the skill? The same for careers.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • nheatherleenheatherlee Posts: 1 New Member
    Can you prevent your sims from getting famous?
    Can you prevent your sims from getting famous?

Yes. There is a setting in the game options that lets you opt everyone out or you can do it on a sim by sim basis if you'd prefer.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    My question is> when Will I be able to download the game as I did the Pre-Order, or do I have to wait for the 16th?
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My question is> when Will I be able to download the game as I did the Pre-Order, or do I have to wait for the 16th?

You won't be able to download before 12 am ET on the 16th. If you live in a more western time zone (Central, Mountain, or Pacific), you'll be able to download earlier, but not because you pre-ordered. Pre-ordering just means you won't have to spend the time buying it from Origin.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    edited November 2018

You can use a VPN to download and play it early if you like; New Zealand/Australia gets it the earliest. Many people have done this and have not been punished for it because it only works for legally purchased copies of the game.

I'm going to add a disclaimer to this post in case anyone misreads it: using a VPN is not piracy; it only changes your computer's timezone. There's no piracy or file sharing involved, so no one needs to yell at me for posting this.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    Can teens do the media production skill?
    Can teens do the media production skill?

Teens are able to do any skill an adult can. I don't see why this one would be any different.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • KmartI2600KmartI2600 Posts: 4 New Member
    So I have started playing this new pack, and I love it!! My question is how does a Sim become a famous chef?? I w t to do this.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Quick question (and sorry if this has been asked before)

Do Sims gain fame by befriending celebrities? I really don't want this to happen as it drove me nuts in Sims 3.
    giphy.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    KmartI2600 wrote: »
    So I have started playing this new pack, and I love it!! My question is how does a Sim become a famous chef?? I w t to do this.

I believe as you progress through your career you'll be presented with opportunities. Similar to a chance card. Not sure at what level you begin to receive the opportunities. I also believe you must accept or decline when it presented because it will not appear again.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member

Do Sims gain fame by befriending celebrities? I really don't want this to happen as it drove me nuts in Sims 3.

If the sim you're socializing with is a higher fame level then you can gain a bit of fame through socialization. But, it does not happen with every interaction you have with the celebrity sim. When you first meet a celeb there are a limited number of interactions that do not provide fame and as the relationship progressions more interactions will become available.

It's possible by purchasing a perk, but it's nothing like Sims 3. Even if you have the perk, it will take you hours to climb the ladder of fame. There's no insta-celebrities just by meeting a famous sim. In fact, it seems that earning fame this way is quite slow and requires you to repeatedly 'rub elbows' with them.

In summary: yes it's possible, but only if that's what you want to happen.
    edited November 2018
    KmartI2600 wrote: »

Two ways: By reaching the upper levels of the career (I think that's when you start earning fame just by going to work,) or by increasing the skill itself. (You can also do both at the same time.) To earn fame via the skill only, have your sim do livestreams with the drone while cooking. You can also record and then upload videos to earn money, but I'm not sure if that specific action will also earn fame.

You'll also see various interactions in the game, like on the cellphone, or when talking to other sims, that increase fame. Do any of these, and he/she will eventually become famous.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    My question is about perks and fame points. I was hoping i could have all kinds of perks and quirks, but im getting the feeling we will only get enough fame points to pick one branch of perks for sims at a time. Has anyone figured out if theres a limit to how many fame points can be earned, or do we just get to pick one perk for each star level?
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Hmmm. You know how if you Begin Recording a sim doing something the video will be an [Action] Video, like gardening or cooking,e tc.? What happens if all you do while it's recording is, uh, woohoo? XD
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Hmmm. You know how if you Begin Recording a sim doing something the video will be an [Action] Video, like gardening or cooking,e tc.? What happens if all you do while it's recording is, uh, woohoo? XD

I'm pretty sure they already showcased this once in a livestream that drones will shut off automatically when in situations that require respecting privacy.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My question is about perks and fame points. I was hoping i could have all kinds of perks and quirks, but im getting the feeling we will only get enough fame points to pick one branch of perks for sims at a time. Has anyone figured out if theres a limit to how many fame points can be earned, or do we just get to pick one perk for each star level?

I can't answer your question fully, as I am only a few hours into my game, but from what I've seen, your Sims can pick perks from different 'trees'. The only thing is, they have to start at the bottom of each one.

My Sim is at fame level 2. He got one fame point at level one, then got 2 at level 2. I can imagine he will get 3 at level 3 and so on, so forth, or something along those lines. I am just taking a guess.

This is my Luke's fame tree so far.

i5rpts.png

Hope this helps? Even just a wee bit :smiley:

giphy.gif
  • CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    I just got promoted to Supporting actress and for the life of me I can't find the drama practice stages I unlocked with the promotion.
  • Valerie1027Valerie1027 Posts: 1 New Member
    In my game Octavia Moon is named Octavia Bailey? Not that important but interesting, is anyone else’s game showing her name like this?