Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    TrixterTrixter Posts: 1 New Member
    I think your sim can become a beauty guru so yay!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I want to know if, after having achieved a low level of fame (ie, 1 or 2 stars) can sims stay at that level?

This would be particularly useful for sims who are, for example, successful bloggers - a low level of fame would be suitable, and IRL not everyone who has some recognition goes on to be a 5 star celebrity.

I personally would be put off this pack if an increase in fame level was inevitable. I hope they can reach a particular level of fame and they can stay at that level if one so chooses.

I think you can 'quit the limelight' at any point so I guess in theory, yes?!

That's not what I meant. I want to know if it's possible to sustain a low level of fame, without gaining or losing it.

Fame decreases over time. Have your sim avoid fame interactions and once it starts decreasing, have him/her do a few 'famous' things to bring it back up. I also remember hearing that it won't drop more than 2 levels, so you could probably get them to level 3-4 and let it drop to 1-2.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Have they mentioned if kids can use that little video station?
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Can I stop certain townies from reacting to celebrities? Like you know I don't want Vlad fangirling around them.

Yes, this is a worry to me as well. I have a lot of sims that are not the kind of sim that would go around asking for autographs and I am almost certain that I will see them around asking for autographs when I am playing another household :s

I’m worried about that too. If it becomes an issue I’ll probably be forced to create a club where they dislike doing any fan type of stuff. I’m really not a big fan of making clubs though so hoping it won’t be an issue.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    treece01 wrote: »
    I want to know if, after having achieved a low level of fame (ie, 1 or 2 stars) can sims stay at that level?

This would be particularly useful for sims who are, for example, successful bloggers - a low level of fame would be suitable, and IRL not everyone who has some recognition goes on to be a 5 star celebrity.

I personally would be put off this pack if an increase in fame level was inevitable. I hope they can reach a particular level of fame and they can stay at that level if one so chooses.

That's not what I meant. I want to know if it's possible to sustain a low level of fame, without gaining or losing it.

Interactions have an indicator if it will raise your fame and I think some can lower it so if you pay attention and choose interactions based on that you can probably manage it that way. It might be a lot of work though. There might be a perk point for it as well?

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the livestreams will further clarify the matter :)

Hopefully it works like the parenthood meters. So it can go up and down depending on what you do.

Yeah I hope so :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Fame decreases over time. Have your sim avoid fame interactions and once it starts decreasing, have him/her do a few 'famous' things to bring it back up. I also remember hearing that it won't drop more than 2 levels, so you could probably get them to level 3-4 and let it drop to 1-2.

Ah thanks. :) I haven't been paying all that much attention to the info coming out.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    1.) I'm wondering if you can designate a gated community in other worlds. I would like to be able to have more than one official famous neighborhood in my game.

If you set the game lot trait to all the houses in the neighborhood then it’ll be kind of like a gate community.

And ugh, I don’t wanna sit thru that stream again haha. I’ll wait until the fame + reputation stream which is this week.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    1.) I'm wondering if you can designate a gated community in other worlds. I would like to be able to have more than one official famous neighborhood in my game.

If you set the game lot trait to all the houses in the neighborhood then it’ll be kind of like a gate community.

And ugh, I don’t wanna sit thru that stream again haha. I’ll wait until the fame + reputation stream which is this week.

Ahh, thanks. Yeah, that could work. I was hoping and assumed there was a lot trait but wasn't sure. I'm not thrilled with the number of lots but I'm personally not starving for space so I think I'm mollified.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    Do we have any information on the premades the pack comes with?

I've heard they're bringing in Sims 4 versions of some of the Sims 2 premades, like Dustin Broke and Holly Alto. But can't confirm that. I can see Dustin as working his way up the Criminal career and becoming a famous mob boss, for example.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    leetamme wrote: »
    So it's official no cinema or theatre type venue?

There's no cinema or theatre in Del Sol Valley. However, I think I saw a large screen TV, so even if you don't have Movie Night Stuff Pack, you might be able to build your own cinema. That's what I did with Movie Night.

I'm thinking of making one out of a bar venue -- if they could tweak the programming so it would attract viewers on a community lot that would be perfect. (I'd also like the outdoor version to be made waterproof, along with the portable DJ booth from Get Together and the outdoor speakers from Backyard Stuff.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    Do we have any information on the premades the pack comes with?

I've heard they're bringing in Sims 4 versions of some of the Sims 2 premades, like Dustin Broke and Holly Alto. But can't confirm that. I can see Dustin as working his way up the Criminal career and becoming a famous mob boss, for example.

A lot of the game changer's videos of the pack show Holly Alto, Dirk Dreamer, and Dustin Broke in them. I saw a Deligracy video with Dustin in it. They are all three star (B-Lister) celebrities.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    EingebilderEingebilder Posts: 11 New Member
    Don‘t know if this was already asked, but are we able to use these styling seats for our business to create a beauty salon? (Like Sims 2 OFB) I honestly doubt it, but would be a great implementation..
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Has anyone mentioned if these big warehouse doors in the movie studio are functional or just decor? I've noticed that sims enter the studio through the side door rather than the main door which makes me think it's just decorative.
    2GjkSeJ.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Don‘t know if this was already asked, but are we able to use these styling seats for our business to create a beauty salon? (Like Sims 2 OFB) I honestly doubt it, but would be a great implementation..

The seats can be used in your home or on a retail lot. You'll need some other way to make money, though.
  • Options
    EingebilderEingebilder Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="MVWdeZT;c-16804624"]The seats can be used in your home or on a retail lot. You'll need some other way to make money, though.[/quote]

Oh well.. but I‘m not too suprised! Thank you for answering on that.
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I have a question I hope someone can already answer for me:

In the videos by the EA game changers we could see that the player can decide how many stars a celebrity sim must have to enter an exclusive lounge. I really like that. But my question is now: Imagine I'd tell the bouncer to let only 5-star celebrities enter the lounge - but I have only one 5-star celebrity in my game. Will the game spawn new 5-star celebrities to fill the venue or will my own 5-star celebrity have to party alone?
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Does this mean that some careers will make your sim gain fame passively? So that when you have a chef of level 8 or so they'll gain fame unless you actively disable the fame system?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018

Does this mean that some careers will make your sim gain fame passively? So that when you have a chef of level 8 or so they'll gain fame unless you actively disable the fame system?

Sounds like it. I'm sure we'll find out more during the fame and reputation livestream next Tuesday.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Garethlex wrote: »

Gosh those devs have such a harsh tone the introduction to that tweet could have been a lot softer ... thank god I don’t have Twitter else I would be challenging them on their approach when speaking to their consumers ! It’s disgusting

I don't consider his words harsh in the least. Everybody needs to stop reading into things, that aren't being said. He's just trying to clarify something, no doubt prompted by a question. Perhaps, that question has been asked numerous times and still confusion reigns. So, he just wants to be clear …

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Will cheating on your partner lower your reputation like in past Sim's games? If so, will they have to be romantic in public for others to see? And how will other sims act when they see someone with a low reputation?
  • Options
    VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    Will they add a new neighbourhood with the new EP?
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    Will cheating on your partner lower your reputation like in past Sim's games? If so, will they have to be romantic in public for others to see? And how will other sims act when they see someone with a low reputation?

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Vikimicike wrote: »
    Will they add a new neighbourhood with the new EP?

Yes, it's Del Sol Valley, with 2 residential areas, 3 lots each, a community lot area, and a movie studio. The movie studio is like the science area, the hospital, and the police station from Get to Work, but your Sim can hang around the studio after acting and change things around if you want to film something else. The lot will go back to normal once you leave, though.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    For anyone who still doesn't know, most of these questions are already answered here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949273/get-famous-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    For anyone who still doesn't know, most of these questions are already answered here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949273/get-famous-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1

I think I’ll give this a look thru again since I’m bored haha. Thanks.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif