Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Did they do anything about watchers having to be up on stage for this EP? Like if I want my celebrity to sing on a stage in a bar, is the crowd going to have to go up on stage too? Like now? They don't sit in the audience, or stand below the stage.....and this irks me.

So, is that being addressed? Or is that why "bands" weren't part of this fame pack?
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Are there any new traits or aspirations in the new EP?
    moss

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Can I stop certain townies from reacting to celebrities? Like you know I don't want Vlad fangirling around them.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Can I stop certain townies from reacting to celebrities? Like you know I don't want Vlad fangirling around them.

I'm not sure if there's a way to control the fan, but you can control who you want to be famous @GamingTweety
    TS4 Get Famous Celebrity System, Reputation, Fame, Perks & Quirks
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Are there any new traits or aspirations in the new EP?

There is @millerolsen
    TS4 Get Famous - Sims Traits, Aspirations, & Lot Traits
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Yes, this is a worry to me as well. I have a lot of sims that are not the kind of sim that would go around asking for autographs and I am almost certain that I will see them around asking for autographs when I am playing another household :s
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I have a question (not sure if someone talked about it already):
    Did they add stuff to clubs from Get Together?
    Like, is being famous one of the new restrictions? Can you do fan stuff as a club activity?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Do we have any information on the premades the pack comes with?
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Don't know if this has been asked or answered, but will non played sims become famous(ex. Goths, Fengs)? Once all the pre-made famous sims that come with the world die with others generate? Or non played sims already in game? Will famous sims generate as living in other worlds or only Del Sol?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been asked or answered, but will non played sims become famous(ex. Goths, Fengs)? Once all the pre-made famous sims that come with the world die with others generate? Or non played sims already in game? Will famous sims generate as living in other worlds or only Del Sol?

We don't know that yet.. but you can give cheats to the sims you want famous
    6adMCGP.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I have a question (not sure if someone talked about it already):
    Did they add stuff to clubs from Get Together?
    Like, is being famous one of the new restrictions? Can you do fan stuff as a club activity?

I'm guessing so, I saw a post earlier about get famous and get together working together, I believe the post mentioned something along the lines of sims being able to have a celebrity club.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »

The pre-made sims that came before GF won't have fame but the pre-mades that come with the new world will.

I'm pretty sure townies will spawn with fame but you have an option to disable that if you don't want it.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Will the movie studio lot be able to be edited via a cheat, the way the hospital and police station can be? Or will it be locked to any kind of editing the way the tomb in JA is?

I'm concerned it's the latter because it seems the game alters the lot for different visits the same way they do with the tombs.
  • Skellington7dSkellington7d Posts: 16 Member
    Will we be able to watch the things your sims film for their job?
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I did not watch the official live stream the gurus did for this pack, but I did watch a video on you tube about it (I don't remember which one, but it was one of the ones that was linked on this forum).

The blonde Gibson-girl-haired actress looked like she sparkled. Do celebrities sparkle? Is it a perk/quirk?

Also, someone mentioned about the 1700s hair not being available for our regular sims. Is it possible it is a hat instead of a hairdo?

I apologize if my questions are silly or have been answered already. There's so much info out there, I know, but I don't have time to watch it all.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I did not watch the official live stream the gurus did for this pack, but I did watch a video on you tube about it (I don't remember which one, but it was one of the ones that was linked on this forum).

The blonde Gibson-girl-haired actress looked like she sparkled. Do celebrities sparkle? Is it a perk/quirk?

Also, someone mentioned about the 1700s hair not being available for our regular sims. Is it possible it is a hat instead of a hairdo?

I apologize if my questions are silly or have been answered already. There's so much info out there, I know, but I don't have time to watch it all.

If I recall correctly, there's no official live stream from the gurus yet, except for the official trailer. The first live stream will be this coming Friday. Here is the list of dates...

October 26th @ 11 AM PT - Acting/CAS
    November 2nd @ 11 AM PT- Fame/Reputation
    November 9th @ 11 AM PT - Del Sol Valley & Build/Buy
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited October 2018

I think I heard in one video that you can turn the celebrity sparkles off if you don't like them :)
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Thank you both, loubyloulou & xamira99, for your help!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Thank you both, loubyloulou & xamira99, for your help!

The Sparkles indicate that they’re famous. There are gold sparkles for global celeb (blonde lady). And then silver sparkles for the tier underneath (baby Ariel had them in a video I saw). And yes you can turn them off.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Do we know yet if there any new harvestables/collectibles? I'm guessing not as it doesn't really fit the theme of the EP.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2018
    Did they add new club activities? New career branches? New traits/aspirations? Can sims with bad reputation be known as delinquents and is here a bonus-penalty system depending on our fame/reputation?
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Will the movie studio lot be able to be edited via a cheat, the way the hospital and police station can be? Or will it be locked to any kind of editing the way the tomb in JA is?

I'm concerned it's the latter because it seems the game alters the lot for different visits the same way they do with the tombs.

I don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure that editing the movie studio will be locked, for the same reason the tomb is. The sets will change every time your Sim visits, and they wouldn't want that to be interfered with.
    Did they add new club activities? New career branches? New traits/aspirations? Can sims with bad reputation be known as delinquents and is here a bonus-penalty system depending on our fame/reputation?

We probably won't find out about club activities until we get in the game, but they probably will add some. They added activities for Seasons. Except for the patch, which brings in stylist and influencer, the only career coming with the EP is acting. But the patch will also allow us to create a self-employed career. Also, the EP will add a media production skill (and a set-up for that as well as for music production), which you can use as a self-employed career. The new trait is Self-Absorbed, and the new aspirations are Master Actor or Actress, and something to do with becoming a Celebrity. Sims can have a Bad or Atrocious reputation. Based on your reputation, you can have several paths to fame.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Yes they added the option to restrict clubs to ppl with certain lvls of fame.

Sims with bad reputation will have a hard to making friends depending on if the person knows about them. Their reputation will also affect their dating life.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    How fast/easy will sims gain fame? I kind of want it to be difficult to become super famous and not just take a few days and your sim is 3-star levels.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    So it's official no cinema or theatre type venue?
    WbUrFQm.png