Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Can a sim like Don Lothario be a famous player and have a playboy-style mansion?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Will famous sims recieve a special gravestone like they did in The Sims 1?
    (Sorry for a morbid question.)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Can a sim like Don Lothario be a famous player and have a playboy-style mansion?

Yes -- they've said that Sims in any town can become famous, and you could make a mansion for him or get one off the Gallery.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Has anyone found out if the costumes can be used outside of the film career?
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I hope the fame differs depending on what kind of fame your sim has.

For instance a famous politician isn’t going to garner the same type of attention as a famous actor or musician. A social media star would get more attention from a younger fan base. A famous rich family wouldn’t necessarily have paparazzi following them but would be very well known and would be getting into all the hotspots and parties. A famous chef would make a dinner party a huge hit but people aren’t going to be dressing like him or her and so on.
    It seems from the comments of the gurus so far there are different levels of fame and various ways to get famous, I just really hope types of fame plays a huge role too.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Has anyone found out if the costumes can be used outside of the film career?

I'm sure somebody will make a mod to unlock them if they're not automatically available.
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    I asked that in another discussion but I’ll ask it here as well
    I thought about something interesting I saw in the trailer.
    The acting career is made in studios, and in those studios there are movie cameras. I thought if it is possible that we will be able to film our own movies and if we will be able to buy film cameras for households and to use it privately, not in the studios.
    What do you think?
    It is possible they give us that feature?
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Will our sims actually be making movies or will they just be filming random scenes every time they go to work?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im wondering if clubs can be affected by the fame/reputation system. I mean yeah you can buy that perk to make sims stand in awe of your group's presence and build better (or worse) relationships quicker, but personally I'd like to see sims be actually react a bit more when they see the club gathering. I have a club that I consider "popular" for story telling, but honestly other sims dont seem to notice the club is there. I'd like to see other sims want to be friends with club members in the hopes of getting a coveted invite.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    And will you buy the popular club in club shop?

I hope for some new traits, aspirations and skills.

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »

For instance a famous politician isn’t going to garner the same type of attention as a famous actor or musician. A social media star would get more attention from a younger fan base. A famous rich family wouldn’t necessarily have paparazzi following them but would be very well known and would be getting into all the hotspots and parties. A famous chef would make a dinner party a huge hit but people aren’t going to be dressing like him or her and so on.
    It seems from the comments of the gurus so far there are different levels of fame and various ways to get famous, I just really hope types of fame plays a huge role too.

The blog answered my questions. It looks like you choose the perks and quirks (which sounds similar to vampire powers and I love that!) So we can totally choose what kind of celebrity our sims will be. This is perfect.

So now my only questions are is there a new aspiration about getting famous? (I’m thinking there must be but need confirmation)

And also are there new cas traits that would revolve around the theme of being famous? (not reward traits)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2018

This is why I really hope the system is like the vampires because all of those things you mentioned could be considered 'perks.' It could allow variation in the type of attention, fame (or infamy) our sims experience. We already know that dressing like our sims is a perk, so there are definitely more perks to be revealed.
    IceyJ wrote: »

This is why I really hope the system is like the vampires because all of those things you mentioned could be considered 'perks.' It could allow variation in the type of attention, fame (or infamy) our sims experience. We already know that dressing like our sims is a perk, so there are definitely more perks to be revealed.

From what I read in yesterday's blog, it sounds like the fame system will work like the vampire system. We just need someone to confirm this.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Wondering if that makeup chair will possibly be a separated object and not bound to a specific hidden lot or anything. I'd like to use it on some retail lots for sure.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Have they confirmed yet the actual number of careers we're getting yet? Don't say 'it's just Acting' either; I'd rather see a Guru confirm that.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member
    edited October 2018
    Have they confirmed yet the actual number of careers we're getting yet? Don't say 'it's just Acting' either; I'd rather see a Guru confirm that.
    If you’re waiting for a guru confirmation, I don’t believe any one of them has said anything as of now. You can try asking them on twitter, it seems like it’s the only place their commenting but the active gurus seem to be busy with Sims camps so your question will probably be missed. SimguruGraham however did say on twitter he’s going to be interviewed all day by the game changers today, so when the embargo lifts next week hopefully there will be more light shed on your question.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If you’re waiting for a guru confirmation, I don’t believe any one of them has said anything as of now. You can try asking them on twitter, it seems like it’s the only place their commenting but the active gurus seem to be busy with Sims camps so your question will probably be missed. SimguruGraham however did say on twitter he’s going to be interviewed all day by the game changers today, so when the embargo lifts next week hopefully there will be more light shed on your question.

I asked a week ago to Kate and she remained tight-lipped; I presume that means there's something more going on with careers..? Or just not inclined to answer something as simple as giving me just the number of careers we're getting in GF..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Mandarine586Mandarine586 Posts: 161 Member

Whats the vampire system like, I don't have the pack?
    edited October 2018

Whats the vampire system like, I don't have the pack?

Vampires can do certain interactions, like feed on other sims or do a dark meditation, to earn points while they work their way to next level. Once they do enough interactions, they level up. Each level unlocks different powers, and some have different levels (ie energy drain speed and sunlight resistance). You also have to pick at least one negative power each time you level up. This system means that we can have vampires with different strengths and weaknesses, and, if for some reason you don't want them to, it's actually pretty easy not to level vampires up.

That's a pretty basic explanation, but hopefully it makes sense. If the celebrity system is like the vampire system, it will let us have unique celebrities with different "perks and quirks," as they're calling them. That way, not every celebrity will behave or be treated the same way.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think a lot of your questions can be answered in the Sims camp video on Wednesday, where they were allowed to play and only talk about the trailer and what we already knew. Its so funny watching people trying to figure out what to say. Yes new neighborhood its based off of Hollywood and the Hills, and was confirmed that there is no snow in that world because its real life location don't get snow. It was one question I asked and they answered. I can also say the Game changers have also said its the best world EA has ever made.

Edit: I almost forgot I think its more like you have to interact with get famous point objects to get the fame thing going, but we will figure out how that will work on November 2.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Sid1701D9 The SimsCamp embargo doesn't end until Monday. That's when you'll see things about the actual pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Can the fame system be toggled on and off, like in Sims 3? If it can't, how can sims avoid becoming famous? I doubt I will want every sim I ever play from now on to be some kind of celebrity, so this feature would be nice.
    Good question! Does every author, chef et cetera automatically become famous? And what happens if they change their career?
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Can the fame system be toggled on and off, like in Sims 3? If it can't, how can sims avoid becoming famous? I doubt I will want every sim I ever play from now on to be some kind of celebrity, so this feature would be nice.
    Good question! Does every author, chef et cetera automatically become famous? And what happens if they change their career?

We don't know what happens if they change their career. Apparently fame is not automatic, except that the children of famous parents pick up some fame.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,857 Member

I'm hoping for an opt in/out system so we can decide which sims become famous. I only want one celebrity chef in my game.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    I'm hoping for an opt in/out system so we can decide which sims become famous. I only want one celebrity chef in my game.

That makes a lot of sense.