Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,392 Member
    edited October 2018
    Will social media affect the fame of a sim?, Live streamers have to have over a million followers to advance in their careers.
    Will possibly the charisma skill help actors become more successful?
    Will paparazzi follow famous sims if they go on vacation to the other vacation worlds?
    Will premade sims once GF is installed receive celebrity status? I’d imagine the Goths, Landgraabs have somewhat status.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    1. Since sims can now be actors, are cinemas returning as well?
    2. Are pool tables returning, like in The Sims 3 Showtime?
    3. Is that big gate an electronic gate like in The Sims 3 Late Night or is it just a regular gate but at a bigger size?
    4. Can the movies recorded through the actor career be watched on TV or at the cinema (if cinemas are retuning)?
    5. If famous sims quit their career will they eventually lose fame?
    6. Since Del Sol Valley is a city, are there apartments there like in San Myshuno?
    7. Does Del Sol Valley have a beach, since it's inspired by LA?
    8. How is winter in Del Sol Valley? Does it snow there or not since it's inspired by LA?
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have so many questions, most of them related to how fame itself works.

If you install the pack, will any premade sims, like Penny Pizzazz (who is already technically famous) automatically have celebrity status?

Is fame tied to skills as well as careers? For instance, can sims become famous photographers or archaeologists? Both are skills, but neither are tied to a career.

Can you become famous for completing certain (or any) aspirations? Again, archaeology would be a good example of this.

Can the fame system be toggled on and off, like in Sims 3? If it can't, how can sims avoid becoming famous? I doubt I will want every sim I ever play from now on to be some kind of celebrity, so this feature would be nice.

How do children become famous? Can they gain fame on their own, or is only if they are related to or know other, older celebrities, such as their parent(s)?

How will the reputation system work? I hope it applies to all sims, not just celebs.

Can pets become famous? We can already simstagram pets, and they can gain followers, just like their owners can, so is it possible for them to become celebrities, too? (I know it probably isn't, but I think it would be cool.)

Will we actually be able to see our actor sims on TV?

What new aspirations and traits does this pack come with? I assume there will at least be an aspiration relating to becoming famous that will allow us to explore the pack, similar to the City Native aspiration that came with City Living.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Any Base Game Careers such as Comedian, Musicians, Sports etc gets effected after the expansion or is it limited to films, commercials and theatre drama to gain Celebrity Status?

Sounds like all the base game careers will have paths to gain celebrity status -- for writers it could be writing best sellers, for painters painting excellent or masterpiece paintings, etc. They focused on acting in the trailer because it's new; hopefully in the live streams they might have other careers featured. It should defnitely give more purpose/depth to the Entertainer careers, maybe even songwriting skills as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Will social media affect the fame of a sim?, Live streamers have to have over a million followers to advance in their careers.
    Will paparazzi follow famous sims if they go on vacation to the other vacation worlds?
    Will premade sims once GF is installed receive celebrity status? I’d imagine the Goths, Landgraabs have somewhat status.

They probably won't be automatic celebrities (since some people may have deleted them, or the saves are old enough that many of the original premades have died), but we could have cheats to enable us to add celebrity levels to Sims. I've been going around and adding some of the Parenthood traits to Sims who didn't have a chance to go through childhood/teen stages, so I'll do something similar for adding fame to certain premades.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    1) Will we get famous singers and from other careers? Could we customize the celebrity system?
    2) Will there be a modeling/fashion designer career?
    3) Will there be medieval/fairytale costumes?
    1) Will we get famous singers and from other careers? Could we customize the celebrity system?

They've already announced that we are getting a free fashion career in the November patch.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner

There will be a new fashion career though that will be in a free patch in November. They’ve announced it in a live stream last week I believe.

They probably won't be automatic celebrities (since some people may have deleted them, or the saves are old enough that many of the original premades have died), but we could have cheats to enable us to add celebrity levels to Sims. I've been going around and adding some of the Parenthood traits to Sims who didn't have a chance to go through childhood/teen stages, so I'll do something similar for adding fame to certain premades.
    Which is why I’m asking, in TS3 premades gained celebrity stars if you had LN installed. Some play with aging off to preserve townies or start a new save the townies exist.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks @floridameerkat @CrystalAbyss1, I forgot about it. At least it will be free.

4) Could we also create our own TV series?

• InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    Since the most important questions are up... I'll just put the minor ones.

1. Will there be any new TV Channels?
    2. Will there any new food and drinks?
    3. How does the exclusive establishment/places for famous Sims work? Can non-famous Sims sneak in there, in a similar way to Late Night?
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2018
    Basically the same questions as OP.

I wonder how easy or hard it is to get famous. I hope not too easy as it is really something to work hard for. Besides a certain degree in your career, I am hoping for special tasks you need to do, befriend certain (famous) sims and stay social with them, go to their or certain parties and clubs, go to events organized in town etc. I also hope it's not TOO easy to befriend rich sims. i want them to ignore sims around them unless you really have something to show them or talk about. In TS3, is you were persistent enough, they would give in, but I want them to remember how much of a stalker you were and not give you another chance over a minute or 2.

I also wonder if these jobs on the acting career floor will be filled with NPC's or if they are lower levels of the acting career. How is the stylist career connected to it?

How does the reputation system work for un-famous sims. Do they react now to cheating? Are rumours going around in town? Does that influence your reputation and will it get hard to get friends or date someone?
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I think we're overlooking the most important question of all..

Will there be any new kitchen counters?!
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Will the new world contain apartments?

How invasive is the fame system? Sims 3 became annoying if you were playing a family you didn’t want to be famous.

Is there a way to make a sim famous for just being famous? (I’d like to make the goths famous but don’t want to have to advance them in specific careers)

For the clubs and stuff that are hard to get into, if my one of my played sim is a famous mixologist will they be bartering at only the best clubs? Meaning I don’t want my famous bartender at a dive bar, but also don’t think a nobody would get a job as a mixologist at a celebrity club.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I'm not getting it regardless but I wonder if the cameo sims like baby Ariel can be easy deleted and don't respawn?
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I'm not getting it regardless but I wonder if the cameo sims like baby Ariel can be easy deleted and don't respawn?

You can probably delete them from the Manage Household menu.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    For everyone asking whether Sims who are not actors can become famous, here is what SimGuruGraham said:

Replying to @sebixce

There are a bunch of different paths to becoming a celebrity. Various careers and skills all feed into stardom, as well as different objects, interactions, and other aspects that haven't been unveiled yet.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    My question is are there more ways to be being famous aside from being an actor/actress?

you can become a famous author or chef

I'm still waiting to hear about bodybuilder/athlete.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
    storminmay wrote: »
    My question is are there more ways to be being famous aside from being an actor/actress?

you can become a famous author or chef

I'm still waiting to hear about bodybuilder/athlete.

Fame extends to all careers.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    I hope this pack adds something big for my sims to invest their money in you get so much cash in this game and it just sits there ... borrrrring :|
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    What about the careers from GTW or CL? Can those careers become famous?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    What effect will this have on our pets?

I just feel like it's important to know.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

Luckily, most townies are full characters (who can be changed, deleted, and are treated as full sims in all respects) as opposed to special unchangeable ones. Safe money says the cameo sims will be more annoying for the fact that they're the same across all neighborhoods (I'm a fan of variety) than for being excessively up in your face. I'm expecting they'll be more like the pancakes, goths, or that New Girl knockoff family than anything else.
    Loanet wrote: »
    What effect will this have on our pets?

I just feel like it's important to know.

Again, making an educated guess, famous pets would be tricky when the things are completely uncontrollable. I'm not saying that it's impossible that obstacles course champions won't be noteworthy, but it's incredibly unlikely. For that matter, business owners are also unlikely to become famous just based on that.

Having said that, both Pet Training and Veterinarian are skills. Being famous for mastery of a skill also seems built in, so celebrity dog whisperers are very possible.
    What about the careers from GTW or CL? Can those careers become famous?

I think it applies to all careers.
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    Will they take some inspiration from The Sims Superstars?
    I felt it had a much more glamorous and (weirdly enough) realistic atmosphere than TS3.

Will they bring back the stalker?
    I remember in Superstars having this creepy dude come to my celebrity sim's house and sometimes leaving a black rose that you afterwards could use for charms in Makin' Magic :D Oh the memories <3<3<3