Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2018
    Can you make NPC celebrities change into disguise so they don't hijack events as much?
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Has anyone who's played seen how cheating on a spouse/ partner effects your reputation? I always love scandal in my gameplay.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Has anyone who's played seen how cheating on a spouse/ partner effects your reputation? I always love scandal in my gameplay.

My sim cheated on his wife and the nothing happened. Paparazzi was taking photos as well. So I decided what if his wife is around, and when she saw the paparazzi acted shocked. She ended up fighting the other woman and became enemies with her and she got a bad reputation! :D
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

My sim cheated on his wife and the nothing happened. Paparazzi was taking photos as well. So I decided what if his wife is around, and when she saw the paparazzi acted shocked. She ended up fighting the other woman and became enemies with her and she got a bad reputation! :D

Interesting. Kinda disappointing that the sim didn't get a lower reputation from just cheating in public. It seems like they need to have their spouse there as well for it to lower their reputation :/
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Do sims continue to earn perk points after they become a 5 star celebrity?

How does the lifestyle brand work? I had my sim set one up and nothing happened. The money wasn't taken out of her account and the option to set up the business is still there on the computer.

How do I call my sim's squad? I added some sims to it, but I can't figure out how to gather them.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No, you can get one extra point from completing the new aspiration but other than that they don't earn any more points.
    The squad is called up on the phone.
    Can't answer your second question as I haven't explored that content yet, maybe someone else can chime in.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member

Interesting. Kinda disappointing that the sim didn't get a lower reputation from just cheating in public. It seems like they need to have their spouse there as well for it to lower their reputation :/

well considering what happened in Sims 3..that the pazzi knew you're cheating even if you're in the privacy of your own home
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    The lifestyle brand is broken. You can click 'Me Too' here to help get it fixed faster. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Lifestyle-Brand-not-working/td-p/7173943
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    Can you make NPC celebrities change into disguise so they don't hijack events as much?

IKR? Always stealing my sims's limelight!!!

Thinking of deleting most of the celebs in one of my saves just so she can experience being the only celeb in town. Would that break the game, I wonder?
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    treece01 wrote: »

IKR? Always stealing my sims's limelight!!!

Thinking of deleting most of the celebs in one of my saves just so she can experience being the only celeb in town. Would that break the game, I wonder?

I assume not; If you don't have any sort of mod to prevent random NPC spawning I assume they'll just spawn new ones, though. I might be wrong about that.

200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Are there any new hair or clothes for toddlers in cas? I don’t have a toddler in this save and curious? I was kind of bummed about the lack of cas stuff for kids.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Also question about the vault doors, if you use those and design your own vault room can you find the gold bars and all that stuff in BB mode? Also can you fill the room with money just like vault room?
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited November 2018
    Does anyone know how many roles your sim can have available? I think for days, the same ones have been popping up and I just started to let my sim switch agencies too! does it depend on the one that your sim is signed to? She is a five star celebrity, I want new roles for her, lol.
  • Options
    amers26amers26 Posts: 4 New Member
    For the World Famous Celebrity Aspiration, I am having trouble achieving the "Be asked for a selfie 3 times." It says to be in public places for it to happen, but it's not happening. Is there something I need to do on the public lots to invoke other Sims to ask for a selfie? Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    amers26amers26 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Koteyka said:
    > I've got so many questions, but the main one is: can kids act? Please? Pretty please?
    >
    > Edit: never mind, just found out they can't :(

I read somewhere they can participate in drama club as a child.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    amers26 wrote: »
    For the World Famous Celebrity Aspiration, I am having trouble achieving the "Be asked for a selfie 3 times." It says to be in public places for it to happen, but it's not happening. Is there something I need to do on the public lots to invoke other Sims to ask for a selfie? Anyone else having this problem?
    Plan the “meet and greet” event. It allows your famous sim to hangout with fans.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Are there any new hair or clothes for toddlers in cas? I don’t have a toddler in this save and curious? I was kind of bummed about the lack of cas stuff for kids.

I believe there are two new outfits for toddlers.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    We know they cleaned up all social media interactions in the game to tie them together, which is fantastic, I love it (I have yet to test Dine Out pictures but I hope they now use the same simstagram account) but what about livestreamers ? Anyone in the Tech Guru can check if the followers you gain while streaming work nicely with the rest of social media ?
    Answering that myself: fans of livestreamers are still separate from social media followers. You do gain a fair few followers after each streaming session though (~1200 for me), but less than fans.

And asking something else: anyone have a trick to change mood quickly while filming ? So not those 3hours lasting moodlets from potions, something more fickle.
    My sim with the high metabolism can have an energy drink at any given moment, I was hoping for something like this for other emotions.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I wanted to ask this question, but didn't feel it necessarily needed it's own thread so I'm asking here if that's okay.

So one of my sims is a self employed music producer. He uses the music mixing table to make songs that earn him money. Well he signed up with a music label who allegedly distributes his songs, but this doesn't seem to add anything to the gameplay. The label always texts him the same thing over and over, 'release a song within 2 days or we'll cancel the contract'. So I have him release a song and then...nothing. The company never calls and says 'I see you released a new track, great' or anything like that. And whenever he calls them, they give the same 'release a song within 2 days message'. It really doesn't even feel like he's signed up with the company most of the time since they never tell him anything new and no progress seems to be made. His fame doesn't go up any higher from what I can see. The only difference is that he seems to earn a bit more money for the songs released under the label than when he just uploaded them on his own. But overall it still feels so empty. I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong or if it's a bug, but the addition of the record label seems pointless.

Is there really nothing more to it or am I just missing something.
  • Options
    PinkyjjPinkyjj Posts: 8 New Member
    I have a townie sim I started playing with after the Get Famous expansion and they just were not aging up. The townie is Baby Ariel, if that helps anyone give me an answer.
  • Options
    farrow122farrow122 Posts: 1 New Member
    My talking John toilet is now famous after a famous person(kayla flemming) used it and talked to it. It now has a rising star status when I hover over it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Okay, this is a weird one.

My Sim, Allyson Richmond, got fed on by Gregor Rossi (a vampire I have as an NPC in the game). The next day, she got call from her friend Jesminder Bheeda complaining that Allyson was feeding on Sims all over the neighborhood. She's not even a vampire -- she's only been fed on once (I really need to see if the Vampire Free Neighborhoods mod is working).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Can children be actors etc? Is it a separate role?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Mandarine586Mandarine586 Posts: 161 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »

They can't be actors unfortunately, but can partake in drama club after class. Womp womp 😔
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »

They can't be actors unfortunately, but can partake in drama club after class. Womp womp 😔

What about teens?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: