Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you preparing your game for Get Famous?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Has anyone pre ordered?

i did.
    Do we get anything early as a benefit to pre ordering?

not really.

I think pre-orders do get a few hours head start on everyone else -- you can download the night before instead of waiting till 10am Pacific on release day.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    for Get Famous im started a fresh save with 2 roommates in san Myshuno apartment one is a food critic and the other is a archeologist (self employed)
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm definitely interested to use the fame system with many of my sims in current games but I'm definitely creating some new sims to try out everything from scratch. Absolutely going to do an acting rags to riches... possibly an influencer as well.
    I have a mansion build that I'm holding off on finishing until I get it... maybe add a little terrain manipulation and some of the opulent buy/build things.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    Has anyone pre ordered?

i did.
    Do we get anything early as a benefit to pre ordering?

not really.

I think pre-orders do get a few hours head start on everyone else -- you can download the night before instead of waiting till 10am Pacific on release day.

No, the download time is the same whether you pre-order or not. If your release time is midnight, you can purchase it right at midnight and download like everyone else. If the release time is 10am, everyone can download at 10am, including pre-orders.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've gone down the road to preparing every Sim I made to accommodate Get Famous, especially the Fame/Rep system for them all. This comes with a few minor life updates and edits in turn.

I've started with some old sims of mine that can fit this pack well but I never placed in my primary save in fear of losing them to the curse of aging:

Jonathan Reece, who aspires to be the greatest musclehead this side of Simerica. Yes I could easily throw him in as a famous athlete/bodybuilder in the career, but the bodybuilder path takes too much effort for daily tasks and I can't see him as a famous athlete either, but he does have a love for music, and since I can't envision him in any other career, he might as well be producing music at home with the Music Station.

HbgDhmN.png

His estranged teenage son Vincent Lyons; the backstory I had for them was that Jon once had a spurious romance with a French girl from Champs Les Sims, which resulted in his newborn son, but had a falling out in their relationship and she gained custody of their son. Vincent was raised by his mother in France, barely ever knowing his father, despite several attempts by Jon to reconnect. Finally after all these years, Vincent is accepted to a foreign exchange program near where Jon lives, and is sent to live with his estranged dad who he neither cares nor wants to get to know him as a father. From there that's where the story starts. That still hasn't changed, but apart from sharing the same interest in music (which will be the driving focus in their bond between father-son) I have no idea what'd he do. He aspires to paint so maybe he'll end up going that route, unless anyone has a better idea in mind..? His hair might get a new look for GF too.

7F8A9Tv.png

Now from a different household that I merged with this one is Alex Starr, who was absolutely made with Fame in mind, though I made him back in last December. Originally my pretty boi, he came with a puppy and was single. With my update, I put Jon and Alex together as a married couple (so cute!) and gave him some facial hair, which I didn't originally give him before. I'm switching his Friend of the World aspiration for World Famous Celebrity instead, and though I wanted him as a male model, the best I could hope for is something in the Style Influencer career? We'll see if that's close to what I want...

sVYMH8W.png

Comet, Alex's pupper, now an adult dog and Alex's companion! He's there bc I wanted to keep him tied to Alex.

2gkyZIE.png
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I've gone down the road to preparing every Sim I made to accommodate Get Famous, especially the Fame/Rep system for them all. This comes with a few minor life updates and edits in turn.

I've started with some old sims of mine that can fit this pack well but I never placed in my primary save in fear of losing them to the curse of aging:

Jonathan Reece, who aspires to be the greatest musclehead this side of Simerica. Yes I could easily throw him in as a famous athlete/bodybuilder in the career, but the bodybuilder path takes too much effort for daily tasks and I can't see him as a famous athlete either, but he does have a love for music, and since I can't envision him in any other career, he might as well be producing music at home with the Music Station.

HbgDhmN.png

His estranged teenage son Vincent Lyons; the backstory I had for them was that Jon once had a spurious romance with a French girl from Champs Les Sims, which resulted in his newborn son, but had a falling out in their relationship and she gained custody of their son. Vincent was raised by his mother in France, barely ever knowing his father, despite several attempts by Jon to reconnect. Finally after all these years, Vincent is accepted to a foreign exchange program near where Jon lives, and is sent to live with his estranged dad who he neither cares nor wants to get to know him as a father. From there that's where the story starts. That still hasn't changed, but apart from sharing the same interest in music (which will be the driving focus in their bond between father-son) I have no idea what'd he do. He aspires to paint so maybe he'll end up going that route, unless anyone has a better idea in mind..? His hair might get a new look for GF too.

7F8A9Tv.png

Now from a different household that I merged with this one is Alex Starr, who was absolutely made with Fame in mind, though I made him back in last December. Originally my pretty boi, he came with a puppy and was single. With my update, I put Jon and Alex together as a married couple (so cute!) and gave him some facial hair, which I didn't originally give him before. I'm switching his Friend of the World aspiration for World Famous Celebrity instead, and though I wanted him as a male model, the best I could hope for is something in the Style Influencer career? We'll see if that's close to what I want...

sVYMH8W.png

Comet, Alex's pupper, now an adult dog and Alex's companion! He's there bc I wanted to keep him tied to Alex.

2gkyZIE.png

Totally random and unrelated but I don't often see the last name "Reece" spelled with a "c". It's the family name on my Dad's side. Anyway, nice story ideas.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @treece01 why thank you, both Jon's name and appearance came to me in a dream and I recreated him as a Sim :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'll restart my game when the patch comes out. I want to start with the new career that comes with it.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Tatum Christopher is advancing her writer career. She dreams of being a famous author. She wants her books to live on for generations to come.

2P75RVj.png

Her sister, Kassie, just wants to see her face and name in the big lights. She dreams of making it big, matter the cost, no matter how she gets there.

zuiKcwk.png

Together, they live in San Myshuno, until they save enough to move to the big city of Del Sol Valley.

HMgYDZc.png
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    DrtYi-YU8AIf323.jpg:large

My adult sim is ready to go for Friday. She has a daytime, dressed up look and a nighttime glamorous one. She's going to paint and play the piano.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm ready! I have two sims in my legacy who are already perfect for fame. Firstly Lennart, who is a self employed composer/DJ/singer.
    UaIm5xq.png

And Marte, who is level 8 of the comedian career.
    JfiKGsx.png

I've planned how they're going to work on their fame and how their families will be affected by it. I've also planned a couple of changes to Del Sol Valley. I won't play with the acting career right away, but Marte has a daughter who I think will be suitable for that patch once she grows up.

Some other ideas I have for current and future sims:
    - A famous archaeologist/botanist who creates photo and video content from the jungle and her garden. She will also write books and give lectures.
    - A somewhat famous investor who is a very good pianist and performs at upper end public venues. He has a large network and hosts dinner parties for important people.
    - A veterinarian who runs a small, but luxurious vet clinic at Starlight Boulevard. She records a lot of video content from her clinic and also of her own cats at home.
    - A fashion influencer who eventually has his own brand and a beauty salon/clothing store at Starlight Boulevard. He will probably also do flower decorations.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I'm ready! I have two sims in my legacy who are already perfect for fame. Firstly Lennart, who is a self employed composer/DJ/singer.
    UaIm5xq.png

JfiKGsx.png

I've planned how they're going to work on their fame and how their families will be affected by it. I've also planned a couple of changes to Del Sol Valley. I won't play with the acting career right away, but Marte has a daughter who I think will be suitable for that patch once she grows up.

- A famous archaeologist/botanist who creates photo and video content from the jungle and her garden. She will also write books and give lectures.
    - A somewhat famous investor who is a very good pianist and performs at upper end public venues. He has a large network and hosts dinner parties for important people.
    - A veterinarian who runs a small, but luxurious vet clinic at Starlight Boulevard. She records a lot of video content from her clinic and also of her own cats at home.
    - A fashion influencer who eventually has his own brand and a beauty salon/clothing store at Starlight Boulevard. He will probably also do flower decorations.

the garden patio in that second pick <3
    is it on the gallery?
    love the plant pots.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Emily Ma i turned into a teen, she is working out at the gym and is gaining social skills, as their are two siblings she will move to the new world to start a career in acting.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I've mainly been preparing my current house--I put it from a 40x30 to a 40x40 to make way for future packs, and rearranged/built some areas inside the house for the makeup station and other additions. I also plan for my female sim to try either the fashion free update career or the acting career--maybe even both at one point. I still love the scientist career so the male sim is doing that one. Now, if only witches and horses were released I'd be over the moon!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I created a new save file with a single female YA Sim, whom I'm going to move into Del Sol Valley. I don't want to bother with filling up all the empty lots and stuff, I'll just leave it like it is and I'll focus my attention on Del Sol Valley and the new acting career. Only a few more days to go!!!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’ve been preparing so much and I’m still conflicted on what I wanna do. I’m still doing the Twin storyline (actress and stylist), but besides them I don’t know. I was thinking about a Korean sim being a Kpop star but idk.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    UaIm5xq.png

JfiKGsx.png

the garden patio in that second pick <3
    is it on the gallery?
    love the plant pots.

Yes, it's a restaurant I found on the Gallery. Can't remember who made it, unfortunately.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’m actually thinking of creating a new family for this pack as well as altering a few families. I want to explore some different routes to fame and also get to try out the actor career with the new sim.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2018
    My teenage Sim, Bella Diamond, who currently lives in a rundown apartment in San Myshuno, is going to move to Del Sol Valley when she becomes a Young Adult and she's either going to become a famous singer or a famous actress. I'm still trying to decide which one but I've been increasing her singing skill just in case!

I also have a Young Adult Sim called Austin Lightwood-Gray who's dating Evie Delgato, so I think I'll have one of them become famous with one of the pre-existing careers, like an author or politician!
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Looks like I might be having to create a new save. I tried to access my last save and the game took so long to load I think my save is gone. Oh well. I get to create a new Sim and have her explore the new world and influencer career when the patch arrives.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Last week I put mine and my husbands simselves in the game along with a teen daughter . i set our ages a life stage ahead since we are both young adult irl. We do not have children yet but we have picked names. I chose to have danielle with us cause we want a little girl.

I wanted to start her as a teen so that she can have time to skill and meet people before becoming a young adult. I am using lilsimsie's save and so danielle met the gilmore family's son at school. They really hit it off . it was interesting cause he likes to wear makeup . they are soulmates and are together . i think i will have her be an actress and he will be an influencer who likes to make music as a hobby . until then we are living good with a secent size home . our poodle puppy just grew up as well, her name is missy and she was a present to danielle .
    Happy Simming!♥
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'll be backing up my game tomorrow. I've already went through each world and made all the changes I wanted. I did not edit any of the vacation worlds because I'm waiting for builders to make use of the new terrain tools then I'll add new builds from the gallery.

When GF comes out then I'll edit Del Sol Valley to my liking. <3:)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm getting a type of hyped up performance anxiety .. so many plans and preparations and I'll probably still just go in the first day on a new save and look around lol... I'm liking the excitement though. Seriously though I've been preparing most of my save games in some way across the board. I think I might actually use the celebrity save first though because I really want to see the acting career.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'm playing around with an architectural art style I want to use for a house in the Pinnacles area.
    After the patch I will tryout terrain editing and foundations.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds