Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you preparing your game for Get Famous?

Comments

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I play with mostly pre-mades. I use one of the apartment buildings in the fashion area for sims who are supposed to be famous. These include Penny Pizzaz married to famous author, Gavin Richards. Paolo Rocca and girlfriend Ulrike Faust. And, of course Diego Lobo and his boyfriend Salim.

Paolo remade himself with long hair, and thinks of himself as the new Sting or Kenny G. Ulrike thinks she's so cool with her art. And Gavin's anonymously writing tell-alls. They all live next to each other and in a Get Together club, and go to art galleries and bars.

I don't want to move them, but I think they will be perfect for this expansion pack.

I think I'll move out Sophia Bjerson to the new location and let her become a movie star.
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    I'm gonna build me a nightclub called Club Tub, because the VIP room has a hot tub!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think my current Main Save is getting too full, so I'm going to keep it just for finishing all the collections (about halfway done) and start a new fresh save with all the premades in pristine condition. I'm thinking of remodeling Oasis Springs to feel more like Palm Springs, with a midcentury modern/Eichler neighborhood, then some Tuscan inspired builds that I found on the Gallery earlier today for the rich celebrities that want to get away from the Hollywood rat race. I already have a spa there, plus a burger place, a nightclub, an arts center and a bowling alley. Depending on what lots are already placed in Del Sol Valley, I'll want a gym and a karaoke bar as well.

Pretty much satisfied with the rest of my worlds in my template save, but I've been going around and starting clubs for some of the premades -- Nancy Landgraab is head of the Money Money Money club for rich Sim ladies, while Geoffrey bowls with the Pin Setters along with Mortimer Goth, Victor Feng and one other I don't remember. I've also been assigning some of the Parenthood traits to premades -- both positive ones like Good Manners and Compassionate or negative like Argumentative and Insensitive. Once I finish tweaking Sims' traits (I'll likely wait for makeovers till the pack releases -- I'll need something to keep me busy while I wait for mods to get updated for the Python 3.7 overhaul) I'll be starting a new save -- a married couple who'll have a couple of kids, one of whom will run away as a teen to seek her fortune at the end of the Fame rainbow (either as a musician or an Internet star, not sure which yet). Maybe musician because I could have her work on piano skills when she's younger then add guitar when she's a teen along with hanging out on the weekends at the karaoke clubs.

If we're given cheats to tweak Fame levels, I'll use those as well to make some of the existing Sims minor celebrities at least, at least the ones where it fits -- Bob Pancakes may just be starting on the road to Celebrity Chef, as well as Mortimer Goth for his writing or maybe Bella just because she's...well, she's Bella Goth, duh. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    If we can only get famous with careers, I will have to make some changes. The first sim I thought of when hearing about this pack is doing a lot of music stuff on his own, but he's not in the music career. So I might want to get that started if I want him to be the new famous DJ and composer of Del Sol Valley.

Other than that, I don't see a lot of preparation that needs to be done for this pack except keep playing my families and figure out who else is cut out for fame.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Trying to get my ugly family beautiful enough for stardom :D or, if that, fails, they can be ogres or something...
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I just built a new nightclub in my game that I might move over to Del Sol Valley when Get Famous comes out. It's on the pier, so it needs to overlook the ocean, but if I can't find a new place for it, I'm going to change it to a nightclub for high profile celebrities. Already got my club of rich socialites hanging out there.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I just completed a new craftsman style build the other day. I guess I'll have to update the exterior with the new build/buy items that will come with this EP.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    For the first time in TS4 I am not preparing in any specific way for the release of this EP.
    I am in the middle of a very intricate world building and I am trying to make a save that feels whole and bursting with sim life. So amongst all the characters I have so far, I am sure some will adopt some of the upcoming EP new features. I still have lots to fill up and many stories to tell so I am just planning on it to be organic and mix in smoothly. I'll just go the flow and see what comes up.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I'm currently trying to speed my way through the current generation of my main family. The sim that I want to try out Get Famous with is currently a child (and is also the youngest) so this will be a doozy.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've already got Bob Ross, Gordon Ramsay, the Supernatural cast, the Charmed cast, and Rick Astley ready to go. :) Lots of other ideas too, but that's what I'd consider 'prepped' right now.

I stan Bob Ross
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I have saves with well-developed storylines right now so I won't be moving any of my existing Sims once the new EP is released. I'll start a new game save with the new world and add my own Sims. When we got the news about Seasons I totally revamped all my game saves to accommodate the new activities but with this newest EP that won't be necessary. I may turn off the weather, though, since I would like to keep the feeling of it being in Los Angeles. Walking the red carpet during a blizzard might not work when our Sims freeze to death. Who wants to take photos of Grimmy on a red carpet. I didn't see any mention of our famous Sims being stalked by paparazzi as they were in Sims3 and drove me nuts so I am keeping my fingers crossed that isn't included in 'Get Famous'. I am very pleased to see our authors, chefs, and painters will become famous, too. That has always been something I wanted in the game. It seemed a bit pointless my bestseller authors and painters that create masterpieces were never recognized for their achievements by their fellow Sims. And who doesn't love watching famous chefs in Real Life on tv? This EP sounds as if it's something I will enjoy so I am looking forward to more info about it. Will our acting Sims have their movies shown on the tv? Will our Sims get a new channel to watch? Will there be a new radio station? Will masterpiece paintings show up in museums? Are we going to get new venues like a movie theater? So many questions to be answered in the coming weeks. :)

Remember, Seasons and Weather differ greatly within each world, so you can actually keep the Seasons settings on and Del Sol Valley wouldn't change much climate-wise. I don't think you'll be experiencing a snowstorm in LA anytime soon either ;)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'm tempted to remove my script mods and play the game, so when Nov comes I'll be well adjusted.

Sounds like a good idea - it's going to be a bit of shock having to play without MCCC and UI Cheats... :scream:
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I'm not I'll be busy with uni and cheerleading up until the game is released
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I have a sim in the music career that I'm imagining is more of a musical actor than a musician. I'm thinking that she will decide to try to get into film instead and that she and her soon to be wife will buy a house in the new world. Also, her sister is a very successful writer, so I'm thinking that she might against her will become quite famous too.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

Different objects feed into stardom?

Yay! I won't quite give up on my home for a recording studio (like we had with Sims 1 Superstar) just yet. I can't wait to hear all about that livestream.

I don't think there's much I'll need to do to prepare my game. I have a few sims who would be good candidates for fame. Don Lothario (my version, I don't like the premade) is in the music career. He has 4 different girlfriends (some now are exes) and a child by each one, so I wonder how fame will affect his free love ways. I think I'll have Malcolm Munch become famous in his music career too. I love Luthien's idea for Sofia Bjergsen to join the acting career. She's close to being an adult in my game and I haven't been able to figure out what to do with her, other than marrying her to Dominic Feng, Victor & Lily's son I created in CAS. I might have Ulrike Faust-Munch (she married Gunther) become a famous artist.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'll just restart my game with the patch. i have a few saved i saved for it.
    Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    Well currently I’m playing as sim whose a musician, she’s at the max of her career and she lives in an apartment with her neighbor her on and off ex boyfriend. I’ve been having them date then break up and get back together only to break up again, but if I decide to get GF, I might have them finally stay together. He’s the escape driver in the criminal career which she doesn’t know about. I might want her to get a celebrity status but not become entirely famous. I might have them have twins who in the future might become internet celebrities.

In my Legacy game I want them to gain celebrity status because they’re pretty much a lineage of sims who became successful in different careers and have had their own families. They’ve accumulated wealth over time, and the rich can become famous IRL. I’m just hoping wealth affects fame.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2018
    Im definitely not planning on making new sims for this. I already have plenty of sims destined for stardom, but some of them Ive lost interest in due to mainly a lack of a fame system. That and they didnt really bring out new story possibilities. With GF, I can bring some new life into them. Plus once I get a better understanding on how fame will work with other careers and hobbies, I can bring new stories with sims not cut for the acting stage. I hope there'll be new lot types too. I'd love to build a stage for celebrity sims to entertain on for their fans.
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I'm going to start fresh with another premade rotation.

Sofia will become a famous musician, Bob will eventually be a Celebrity Chef, Yuki will become a a famous Gamer (though will probably hate it and be reclusive as she's a Loner), Johnny will become rich from comedy and buy a mansion to put the Landgrabbs' house to shame.

I'm sure there will be a premade who is an aspiring actor that I can try out the new career with, and if not maybe one of the Creative children/teens will want to go into acting...
    I'd be hoping for an opt-out on the fame though; I don't want everybody and their pet dog/cat getting famous just being at the top of a career or maxed a skill or two.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited October 2018
    Where my sims are in the progression of their lives, this pack is too early.
    I might have one set of parents become famous, because their daughter will be a superstar and they will be a great influence for her.

My other sims that might find fame are still toddlers and children.
    They aren't going to become young adults until we get University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited October 2018
    CK213 wrote: »
    Where my sims are in the progression of their lives, this pack is too early.
    I might have one set of parents become famous, because their daughter will be a superstar and they will be a great influence for her.

My other sims that might find fame are still toddlers and children.
    They aren't going to become young adults until we get University.

There is a university mod if you want them to have some kind of uni experience. It's not quite like the real deal, but I use it all the time and often let my sims live in flat shares in the spice market while being students. It's a different kind of uni experience than we've had with university packs, but still one that many people that go to uni in bigger cities have :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I have 4 YA siblings living in San Mushiono at the moment. The oldest is in level 6 of the social media career and she is somewhat of a snob. I always wanted her to marry some rich, vain and self observed sim she met in some fancy club or high society party. With his pack i can do that for sure! I found it a bit hard to find that particular sim in my current game and the one that seemed to fit right up her alley was already married (unfortunately I had the wrong options on in the MC mod and the game was already too far progressed on that). So, i searched and searched through some guys she met and woohoo'd with :p
    One came out as the best and was the fitness instructor. He was puffy, but also seemed like a rich plum. She now still lives in a small apartment in the fashion district. I had her move in there at first, cause she insisted to live in a fancy neighbourhood, but affordable. She now makes enough money to move to a bigger apartment in the upper class area and I was planning to start fresh and have her boyfriend move in. Now i think I will let her get a little famous, totally loose it and let her be surrounded by all these super attractive rich snobs that are more of a fit to her. From there I will see who will be the one she will leave her BF for and eventually break up. Will have to see if the competition is big or not to decide how the story plans out :p
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    One my sims has father winters baby. I just aged her to teen and she’s a good person to make famous cause she’s outgoing and good. Ill have her be in the acting career she’ll be a sweet famous girl that everyone loves.
    In contrast to her I’m going to create her a sibling that craves money and fame and is snobby and materialistic. She’ll enter the acting career as well and compete with her sister.
    I’m going to work on skills now and age them to YA when the EP comes out.
    Then I’ll create a man that wants become a famous chef. I’ll iust advance the career and skills until the EO. And his brother who prefers to garden and fish, which helps his brother create great meals but doesn’t have any interest in fame.
    Then when the pack comes out I’ll be creating two girls that are roomies, one will be in the Social media career and the other will want to be became a famous mixologist, they’ll start from nothing and work their way up.
    I’ll create a single girl or guy to enter the fashion career. (Possibly a vampire still deciding on this)
    I’ll move them all into the new world and play a rotation save.
    I’ll also probably try and ensure the Goths and Laandgrabs are famous, however the Goths will stay where they are,
    and the Laangrabs will move into the city, Nancy will become a politician and Gregory a Doctor. Bella won’t work but Monty will
    be a famous author.