Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you preparing your game for Get Famous?

With news of the upcoming expansion pack, how are you preparing your game for it?
New Builds? New Sims? New families/storylines?

I have a generational save where I would love to have my heir decide to become an actress. Plus, to be able to make my richer Sims not only super wealthy but also super famous would be AMAZING. And I'm always a fan of 'rags to riches' gameplay, so to literally do that with the acting career is perfect. Plus, who knows what other features they'll be announcing as it gets closer. That will make it even more interesting :smiley:

What about you?

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Nothing at all.

The only thing I need for this pack (assuming I get it) is my precious boi Alex Starr. It's in his name.
    kRLlWA2.png

I don't think I've posted enough of him yet.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm not doing anything new (though i've barely got time to even hop into the game for more than a few minutes a day lately) but doing mental checks of things like "yup, that new hairstyle is getting used for this dj when the pack comes out", "penny pizzazz needs a few points of fame since she's got billboards all over san myshuno", "sebastian lacroix is getting moved into del sol since the original him lived in la", "josie is getting fame as a chef and being moved to del sol so i can use her penthouse for other things" and so on
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    1. I'm curious which existing careers will allow for celebrity status.
    2. Since the two Barbie's in my game are elders now, I'm just gonna grab her again from my library, name her "Barbie No3" to be be an actress.
    3. I have J Hunington, Don Lothario and Bella in mind for Celebrity status.
    4. Getting more ideas as the info rolls in.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Going to go through my sims to see who wants to move to the new world, both those who will actually become famous, and those who dream of it but probably will never quite make it. Might see if there's any toddlers/children/teenagers who need to be played to young adult before the expansion comes out.

I could work on the various entertainers I have, but I think I'll wait with that until I see the fame system, might be more fun to do that with the new system in place.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I guess it will depend on how much play time I actually get in my rotations before I buy (I will be waiting for a sale) as to who will do the celebrity thing. If my elders have already gone and their children have become elders, it might be 3rd generation or if I get to play lots 4th generation to become "stars"
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I had my Sim, Dulce Salas, as an Actress when I was playing with the Road To Fame Mod. I had to take that mod out as it was a bit unstable on my computer. So I'm excited about this new EP. I'll be picking up where I left off, where I pretended Dulce had trouble booking gigs and her acting career came to a halt (when I took out the mod). So now, Dulce will get her 2nd chance to fulfill her dream of being a famous movie star.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Will need to pull out mods
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I've already got Bob Ross, Gordon Ramsay, the Supernatural cast, the Charmed cast, and Rick Astley ready to go. :) Lots of other ideas too, but that's what I'd consider 'prepped' right now.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Nothing... I just don't know what should I do with my existing household... and I'm still unsure if I want to get the pack soon after it's released... I want to see the game reviews first.. Plus, I experienced a transaction error, although my money got deducted when I purchased the Seasons on the launched day. I would rather wait.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    I just learned today we're getting it. But, that aside, I already have the perfect Candidate for it. I brought my singer Sim forward from Sims3. He was actually also in Sims2, but no singing, unfortunately. In my novel he's an aspiring musician. I have been playing my other game save of late. But, over the past week, I've been concentrating on revising my novel, finally getting it back from my Editor, with a of boatload of notes! I'm playing around over here, today, because quite frankly, I'm stymied at the moment. Stuck in the mud over a particular chapter, the notes of which has me speechless and uncertain just where to fix it. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Will need to pull out mods

We have to do that anyway, come the patch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Nothing. I haven't played in weeks because I'm bored, I don't think this pack will help with my boredom unfortunately.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    NOTHINGGGGGG! I always start a new save for every new EP, i like the premades to enjoy the new EP too, ya know? So I'll start a new save with probably a young adult female sim this time (for Seasons I started with a male sim) and ill dress her in the new CAS items, maybe ill try to furnish her place with new things too. When the pack comes out, of course.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm not. I have a male heir who will be a doctor. His partner will be a psychologist.
    Maybe their kid will be famous. The current heir's mum was famous with the fame mod.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm tempted to remove my script mods and play the game, so when Nov comes I'll be well adjusted.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So far, in my main rotational save, I'm picking out a household or two to move to the new world, a Sim for the acting career (Sofia Bergson!), and a teen and child Sim to play with early fame with. Most of the rest will end up waiting, as always, for the EP ... and cheats for fame levels! (I mean, obviously some Sims are already famous, like my retired Astronaut.) And then I'll end up, no matter what I planned, spending days just making over Sims and their houses :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I have no idea what to do for this pack. I've never really been into the 'fame' stuff, even in real life I don't follow celebrities and their lives, or things like that. But all the information we've gotten so far has me pretty excited because we'll be able to follow our Sims in the acting career. Also the fact that we'll be able to be 'famous' for other types of jobs, like a famous chef, and loads more has me pretty excited too.

But I don't have any Sims that I could see being famous. But since we have about a month and a week before release that will give me time to prepare. I am so glad we're getting a new world because we need more space. Especially since we didn't get one in Seasons. :)

I think I could actually do a rags to riches type of challenge now with this pack. Or! I just got an idea for two sisters that would be trying to make it in the new Del Sol Valley world. Starting from nothing, getting a small starter home in Del Sol Valley and trying to rise to fame! EEE! Can't wait!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh, this is actually a perfect time to bring johnny zest back! though not sure i'll do it before or after the pack is released...

i deleted him ages ago when needed more space for my own sims, but always wanted to remake him as an official part of the landgraab family to play out his getting kicked out for wanting to be a comedian. now he can get famous to spite his parents! (and he will be moving to del sol, too. partially because i don't have any open lots anywhere else, alas)

i also keep looking at all the upcoming costumes and thinking how some would be great for vampires or ghosts from various time periods and some would be great for astronauts/aliens (i'm seeing more than a few that my interstellar smugglers are going to be using), and some might even get used for some of my secret agent households, especially the villains

also...speaking of secret agents, the new hairstyle that's been most prominent means can finally make sam, clover and alex from totally spies (especially if we get the right type of jumpsuit for them in the pack somewhere). the hair is perfect for clover (the blonde), who would also need a fashionista trait if that's introduced (...please have something like that introduced...)

totally spies picture:
    91Y6NY+saiL._RI_.jpg
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    someone once told me one of my favorite sims looked like a famous actor, so I guess he's good to go already B)
    I can't really make any plans about what to do with him yet, though, without knowing more.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I have saves with well-developed storylines right now so I won't be moving any of my existing Sims once the new EP is released. I'll start a new game save with the new world and add my own Sims. When we got the news about Seasons I totally revamped all my game saves to accommodate the new activities but with this newest EP that won't be necessary. I may turn off the weather, though, since I would like to keep the feeling of it being in Los Angeles. Walking the red carpet during a blizzard might not work when our Sims freeze to death. Who wants to take photos of Grimmy on a red carpet. I didn't see any mention of our famous Sims being stalked by paparazzi as they were in Sims3 and drove me nuts so I am keeping my fingers crossed that isn't included in 'Get Famous'. I am very pleased to see our authors, chefs, and painters will become famous, too. That has always been something I wanted in the game. It seemed a bit pointless my bestseller authors and painters that create masterpieces were never recognized for their achievements by their fellow Sims. And who doesn't love watching famous chefs in Real Life on tv? This EP sounds as if it's something I will enjoy so I am looking forward to more info about it. Will our acting Sims have their movies shown on the tv? Will our Sims get a new channel to watch? Will there be a new radio station? Will masterpiece paintings show up in museums? Are we going to get new venues like a movie theater? So many questions to be answered in the coming weeks. :)
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I'm really hoping there is a infamous and famous system in this pack. If there is the family I'm working on now has a athlete who is at the top of his career but he's a bit of a player and tends to mess around with other women. He has a daughter and a girlfriend, he loves his daughter but when it comes to women he has a commitment issue. If there is an infamous system in this game he will be a famous athlete infamous for messing around with other women.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I think most of the "prep" will come once the expansion is released for this one. If there are cheats to increase fame, I will be giving the appropriate Sims in my main save their deserved status! Then I will be placing all new lots in the new world as Maxis-made ones are too bare-bones for my liking. Updating wardrobes and lots with any new items will be next!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    My first Sim I made for S4 Gracelyn Drummond maxed out the chef field. So, will bring her and her hubby back and make her a celebrity chef.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    Nothing. Not getting it when it launches. I get bored with every pack that comes out because it's not the pack I was looking for. So, I know I will be bored if I get it when it comes.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I’ve got a few Sims in my generational save who I’ve had to “pretend” were famous- from singers and models to athletes and professional doctors... List goes on. So I’m hoping there will be an easy way to cheat those already-existing ones to quick fame to fit with my storylines. If so, that’ll undoubtedly be my first plan with the pack.
    Otherwise, I’ve got plenty more Sims in my upcoming generation that I think would help make this pack work for me.