Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you can have the good and bad fame paths active at the same time, with a lot of effort (gotta raise one, then 'fix' it and raise the other)

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    you can have the good and bad fame paths active at the same time, with a lot of effort (gotta raise one, then 'fix' it and raise the other)

I'd love to know how that works...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm probably just being dense, but I can't find any details about the YouTuber station. I thought it would be under Gameplay Objects.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks for the new links, guys :) Adding them to the OP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Full new trailer on Celebrity Life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvMPTkj_HcQ
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018

You know where do all these sims in this video live in this town? This is trickery. The video says the town is full of stars and people wanting to become famous - which to me says they live there - but they offer 6 lots with most already occupied. This indicates lots of room to live and some already living there - but it's a big misconception, unless they added some more since Sims camp.

They show apts and not a one to be found sims can live in either.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    We would've heard if apartments were a thing in the new pack. The tall buildings in the background aren't working apartments, any more than the cars driving around the background of your game are workable cars.

Smart money says that some of the sims we see are either townies or random pregens (I doubt that the bouncer or obsessed fan are real playable sims), while others like the sim who bribed the bouncer might be uploaded to the exchange without necessarily filling a house. We know that there are a decent number of townie celebrities. And while it isn't impossible that they squeezed in one or two more livable lots (very unlikely, but not actually impossible), even going from six to eight livable lots is still pretty tight on room.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @Writin_Reg There has been no mention of apartments -- those are a main feature in a different EP. This Friday's livestream focuses on the world and build/buy. That's the best time to confirm what is likely: that this pack does not reintroduce apartments.

Sims you see in trailers do not necessarily live in the world you see them in. The structure of Sims 4 makes that unnecessary.

And just a last reminder: there are lots of other threads for discussion pack features. This one's for gathering and organizing where SimGurus have said things, to make it easier for people to find those things.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You know where do all these sims in this video live in this town? This is trickery. The video says the town is full of stars and people wanting to become famous - which to me says they live there - but they offer 6 lots with most already occupied. This indicates lots of room to live and some already living there - but it's a big misconception, unless they added some more since Sims camp.

They show apts and not a one to be found sims can live in either.

This includes homeless celeb stars as well. That's what they meant.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Sul Sul~

Just hopping in to reinforce this. Please leave discussion over announcements and info out of this thread, there are plenty of threads focused on discussing, this is a thread for sharing info from SimGurus. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Actually managing to listen in sort of? So some prelim notes on the Friday, Nov. 9 livestream:

Note on the livestream about the world - the Art Director is on it, so insight into design choices (style choices, colour palettes, etc.).

Mirage Park:
    • referenced LA neighbourhoods, e.g. back alleys, graffiti
    • terrain manipulation is seen more in the neighbourhood, e.g. the lower residential neighbourhood the sidewalks are lower
    • lots are butted up right against each other, "something new we're trying"
    • New builds do not use terrain manipulation because it was still in development.

Starlight Boulevard:
    • museum is curated with movie-related assets, like a movie history museum
    • inspired by downtown urban redevelopment, reclaimed spaces - imagining if a city commissioned redesigning a whole area, more than just a lot
    • "Sometimes in Simlish it's hard to communicate intent" but font treatments help carry home sense of what a billboard is for
    • lower-end bar is a reno'd movie theatre, keeping the shell
    • An ice skating rink and roller skating rink and food booth will show up in the downtown neighbourhood if you have Seasons.

The Pinnacles:
    • On one lot, where Judith lives (premade), the terrace below it is neighbourhood landscape

New lot traits:
    • Hottest Spot in Town - high-end celebs show up, more expensive to buy things
    • Up and Coming Hot Spot - lower-end celebs show up, free for high-end celebs
    • Celebrity Home - for residential lots, tours will stop to see the house; if you aren't a celebrity and don't live with one, you'll get a "poser" buff at times
    • "We're actually trying to add more lot traits rather than lot types because lot traits are more flexible."

New half-wall that is full-wall height so it won't disappear in cutaway mode.

Premades:
    • Judith Ward, a mean, stuck-up celebrity
    • Dustin Broke (I think??)
    • Octavia Luna (?) - premade celebrity

"We tried to mimic the seasons of ... southern California area"

Objects:
    • Palm trees with lights are not in build/buy
    • No comment on cars coming, but presence of cars is partly for a sense of "selling that story or fiction" of place
    • ropes: You can hire a bouncer on your home lot
    • Sleep Pods will relieve a lot of other motives while you sleep. The more expensive one is pre-upgraded
    • Crystals you (celebs?) can buy on the computer or find in the world can remove quirks and do some other things
    • If you don't unlock a Vault before you die, someone else will have to break in if they're going to get the money. The person who locks it can unlock it. (I think I heard you can teleport in? Or maybe that was vampires???)
    • You can do more things with a Vault when it gets full enough, in the money piles.

Why is there a vault but not burglars? To be able to tell stories of your own Sims breaking in, etc.
    Post edited by luthienrising on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Actually managing to listen in sort of? So some prelim notes on the Friday, Nov. 9 livestream:

Note on the livestream about the world - the Art Director is on it, so insight into design choices (style choices, colour palettes, etc.).

Mirage Park:
    • referenced LA neighbourhoods, e.g. back alleys, graffiti
    • terrain manipulation is seen more in the neighbourhood, e.g. the lower residential neighbourhood the sidewalks are lower
    • lots are butted up right against each other, "something new we're trying"
    • New builds do not use terrain manipulation because it was still in development.

Starlight Boulevard:
    • museum is curated with movie-related assets, like a movie history museum
    • inspired by downtown urban redevelopment, reclaimed spaces - imagining if a city commissioned redesigning a whole area, more than just a lot
    • "Sometimes in Simlish it's hard to communicate intent" but font treatments help carry home sense of what a billboard is for
    • lower-end bar is a reno'd movie theatre, keeping the shell
    • An ice skating rink and roller skating rink and food booth will show up in the downtown neighbourhood if you have Seasons.

The Pinnacles:
    • On one lot, where Judith lives (premade), the terrace below it is neighbourhood landscape

New lot traits:
    • Hottest Spot in Town - high-end celebs show up, more expensive to buy things
    • Up and Coming Hot Spot - lower-end celebs show up, free for high-end celebs
    • Celebrity Home - for residential lots, tours will stop to see the house; if you aren't a celebrity and don't live with one, you'll get a "poser" buff at times
    • "We're actually trying to add more lot traits rather than lot types because lot traits are more flexible."

New half-wall that is full-wall height so it won't disappear in cutaway mode.

Premades:
    • Judith Ward, a mean, stuck-up celebrity
    • Dustin Broke (I think??)
    • Octavia Luna (?) - premade celebrity

"We tried to mimic the seasons of ... southern California area"

Objects:
    • Palm trees with lights are not in build/buy
    • No comment on cars coming, but presence of cars is partly for a sense of "selling that story or fiction" of place
    • ropes: You can hire a bouncer on your home lot
    • Sleep Pods will relieve a lot of other motives while you sleep. The more expensive one is pre-upgraded
    • Crystals you (celebs?) can buy on the computer or find in the world can remove quirks and do some other things
    • If you don't unlock a Vault before you die, someone else will have to break in if they're going to get the money. The person who locks it can unlock it. (I think I heard you can teleport in? Or maybe that was vampires???)
    • You can do more things with a Vault when it gets full enough, in the money piles.

Why is there a vault but not burglars? To be able to tell stories of your own Sims breaking in, etc.

Dustin is a homeless townie and also they did say that future packs would have terrain raised on some lots.

Edit
    Oh I just remembered that Romeo or the other guru said that the Pond will change during different seasons. I take that to mean the shurbbery around the pond will change colors eg Orange and Red in Autumn.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    MaRiSimzMaRiSimz Posts: 26 Member
    Get famous is great! Superstar in sims 1 was alot of fun!
    We should have actors(which it has) but there should also be singers,modeling, famous authors, famous artists, famous cooks, famous garderners! There should be ways to use many other skills to get famous!
    This should've been a detailed expansion!
    Maybe we could expand on this idea???

Just a passionate player since 2000 here sharing my thoughts😊
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited November 2018
    MaRiSimz wrote: »
    We should have actors(which it has) but there should also be singers,modeling, famous authors, famous artists, famous cooks, famous garderners! There should be ways to use many other skills to get famous!

just so you know there's no modelling but you can be a famous author, painter, chef, and gardener. If you have JA you can even be a famous archaeologist. it's on the front page some place this is said here (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16767799/#Comment_16767799)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2018
    these two spreadsheets graham links here are pretty thoroughly informative (even if some might be slightly off between the time they were written and the pack was released). thanks again to @simgirl1010 for spotting them and posting in her thread

editing to point out that we really should focus on the multiple tabs in those, since they share so many things. such as a list of cheats in each one
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    MaRiSimz wrote: »

just so you know there's no modelling but you can be a famous author, painter, chef, and gardener. If you have JA you can even be a famous archaeologist. it's on the front page some place this is said here (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16767799/#Comment_16767799)

You can ask another sim to model an outfit for you though, if you're a stylist. I thought that was real cute.

ETA: Aaaaaaaaghhhh, I did it again! :s
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    this the lifestyle brand perk feature not in the game or just not working have not see anything about this thanks
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    this the lifestyle brand perk feature not in the game or just not working have not see anything about this thanks
    I will post about it on your wall @smurf45blue
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I will post about it on your wall @smurf45blue

I am curious about the lifestyle brand perk too. Haven't seen much about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top