Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so, had a guru reply this to me in another thread and figured it'd be handy info for here, too. also, was lazy and didn't want to deal with quoting one thread over to another so just took a screenshot of it:

040b6a171427663e7d3a13109a17575b.png
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SimGuruGeorge

Thank you so much for taking the time to clarify my question it is much appreciated :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @kalaksed! I can find the link other ways :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thanks, CLP!

Schedule change for livestreams:
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2018
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the live stream @06Bon06 there was a lot more to it than I thought there would be :)

does anyone know if actors practice at home with the sets does that raise the actors skill? Also while I know there is not an stylist career I read somewhere earlier that sims could be self employed so could they set up a self employed stylist career using the stylist box and sims would turn up for that service like they did in series 3?

Also does anyone know if drone footage is going to be able to be saved like a recording so it can be shown on a sims pc or TV?

You can raise acting skill at home by practicing in a mirror, reading skill books. I think you more want to do the acting performances at home, like performing a musical scene. These raise acting skill and can be done for tips as well. Doing interactions on the stage marks at home does not raise acting skill.

They really should raise the acting skill. What better way to practice than to actually act out the scenes?
    ETA: Whoops, just realized what thread I posted in. Sorry, Luth. Don't hurt me.
  • Options
    On world size*:

*please don't shoot the messenger

• Options
  • Options
    Just a reminder that there's a livestream tomorrow, and that it will be re-watchable on Twitch after it ends. I have to miss this one, and probably Friday's too. It's deadline week again :(
  • Options
    Just a reminder that there's a livestream tomorrow, and that it will be re-watchable on Twitch after it ends. I have to miss this one, and probably Friday's too. It's deadline week again :(

Friday's is the one I'm looking forward to Del Sol Valley and Buy/Build Mode.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

AH yes, the one I will be MOST critical about.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    got ya covered on tomorrow's, but i won't get to see friday's until late in the evening, so we'll see what's said by then
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Well that one should be nice and short with hardly any lots to live in anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    can someone tell me how much space this new EP will be on my computer please?? Thank you.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    can someone tell me how much space this new EP will be on my computer please?? Thank you.

The specifications recommend at least 3GB free space on the hard drive, plus an additional 1GB for game saves and custom content (like mods). Plus remember the patch will be coming out likely a few days before, and that's going to add content for the base game like the terrain tools, the new career and supporting objects, (hopefully) bug fixes, etc.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Ok! I've updated the patch thread but I'm not going to be able to pay much attention to this next part. FYI, though, it's the Fame & Reputation stream, and it restarts in 15 minutes from time of posting this comment.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well that one should be nice and short with hardly any lots to live in anyway.

I'm hoping it's an hour atleast.
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    like my earlier babble from the previous get famous livestream, only really covering the bits that jump out to me (which is hopefully enough info)

actions that will increase fame have a symbol saying such

children can use the mailbox now

quirk-b-gone potion is one-time use like all the other reward potions, only removes one quirk at a time and you can choose which quirk trait. the slot stays, though and will be filled with another quirk as soon as the sim triggers it

get famous chance cards are not the typical sort with randomly good or bad options for each option. they state outright what you get for each option and that won't change

fame level 4 starts sparkles around them, level 5 has even bigger. you can click on the sim (don't have to be playing them) to turn celebrity sparkle off

the new lounge events (starlight accolades, meet and greet, talent showcase) seem to be able to show up on the calendar if you have seasons. if you don't have seasons, you'll still get a notification pop-up, but no calendar

you can click the velvet ropes to set what level of celebrity is allowed past the bouncer

sims don't only just have the option to bribe bouncers, but they can fight them for entry, too. or high charisma can help enter. there are other ways, but weren't mentioned specifically

new fame walkstyle that can be turned on/off the same as the celeb shine

"no, no option to perform a kanye at the awards ceremony. you let the announcer finish"

if you're playing the sim getting an autograph, they actually do get an autographed photo object you can hang on the wall. so can make walls of fame

sims only gain/lose fame and reputation while the household is being played. you can, of course, cheat levels up/down on unplayed sims, though

to don celebrity disguise, you have to click a mirror. it just appears to add a hat and glasses, but with that paparazzi, fans won't notice/bother you. you also don't earn fame while in disguise, even doing things that would normally earn it

with music tracks made with the production skill, you can release them instantly (for fame), send to label (for money), play them on the radio or dj booth. if you do the latter at a venue with other sims outside the household (...say, a nightclub...), your sim will get fame from them hearing it

cannot wish for fame at the wishing well if you have the pack for that

once past a specific relationship level, sims will greet your celeb normally (partially so family won't go crazy seeing mom or dad come home every day)

drones respect privacy and will shut themselves off if the sim they're following goes to take a bath (quite likely use the toilet, but apparently does record woohoo

celeb cheats are easy, shift clicking on a sim, pick the fame option from the pie menu, select from the new pie menu

if existing unplayed celebs all die off, the game will generate new ones as needed (like for meet and greets or award shows), it won't turn any of your existing sims famous to take their spots

sims can lose fame if they don't do anything to gain any for a time (while played! unplayed they still won't lose fame. just to repeat something stated earlier). they apparently only lose up to two levels of fame and won't drop any lower (so a 5 star can drop to 3 star but will stay there). and completing the celebrity aspiration, they'll never lose fame at all

(satellite dish from get to work's scientist career can gain reputation for use, apparently)

new party types: atrocious reputation sims can host 'lampooning parties', pristine reputation sims can host 'charity benefits'

Your sim friends can also ask you if they can set you up with one of their friends.
  • Options
    Thank you, @kalaksed and @catloverplayer !
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top