December 7 - It's time for the Friday Highlight! Head over here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Will Get Famous have singer career?

«13
I wish I want to see singers, which are famous and professional. If you pick yes, I’ll be super duper happy, if you pick no, I’ll be extremely disappointed and be fine with it. Get Famous needs to be more than Showtime.

Will Get Famous have singer career? 104 votes

Yes (It has to do with being famous)
44%
KolbyKamb64keekee53simgirl1010IObellemock68JoydropmarbergJennyggspice3DaemonPawsCeCeDotmikawag12JEREMIATenchi2adoogerieElizabethMckphillips2977kaanvardar99Sigzy05 46 votes
No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
55%
DannydanboLeGardePourprealan650111Cabelle1863HowGreatThouArtWritin_RegCynnaAnmirlafriendlysimmersDJQ1308robyngravesBagoas77Ceres_MeirionaJprp83Cinebaralanmichael1horselover1stilljustme2simmietimetaydev 58 votes
My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
Latin, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, Beach
u5UNBiz.png

Comments

  • xamira99xamira99 Posts: 2,336 Member
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    Could be... because it is one way to get famous, isn't it? :D But, I hope that they will add more and variety of careers that could make the Sims to be famous like modelling, etc.
    Check out my latest build, Capsules for Simanity
    Are you the Unknown Builder? Let's share our creations here: Buildings by the Unknown Builders
    Origin/Gallery ID: xamira99|IG: xamira99|Twitter: xamira99
    1798fbc6d4f696489bc8c50b93cdfd72.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 16,004 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    I think they just concentrated on acting this time, but it looks great.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 609 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    I think they dont. Singing skill was included with City Living. Having a singing career without a singing skill might be a bad design choice if it will be included in the pack. They might do a bonus for people if they owned City Living they will get the extra career, kinda like the magical weather stone when you own The Sims 3 Seasons and The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Packs. However I can already see it as a complaint for being DLC for DLC, so there is a little chance it might happen.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 15,990 Member
    edited October 9
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    While it could be just about being a movie star I hope that, as an EP and as THE Superstar EP of TS4, it offers more than one active career.

    Superstar offered acting, modeling and singing plus the fame system. Showtime had singing, acrobats and magicians performer careers. Late Night had the fame system plus acting and bands.

    But keep in mind they are giving us stylist for free which is a somewhat superstar career. You could propably give celebrities makeovers with this EP and set a trend.
    Ol2cH3f.png
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 1,869 Member
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    We need stages!! We need musical stages, to practice our gigs! Please!
    My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
    Latin, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, Beach
    u5UNBiz.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 2,947 Member
    Not sure. I mean technically one can make money by singing through the usage of writing songs and lyrics with either the microphone or piano.

    But... you can become a painter just by selling your own paintings, you don’t need to be in the painting career.

    So I’m curious to find out as well. Though the whole “lights, camera, action” emoji thing along with the movie set has me thinking this is geared toward acting and maybe directing just like it was in TS3. It’ll probably be some form of an active career because that’s the direction they’re heading these days.
    If you don't stand for something, then you'll fall for anything.

    Origin ID: ChazzzyGOAT
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 15,990 Member
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    We need stages!! We need musical stages, to practice our gigs! Please!

    With the new seperate foundations I’m guessing it’ll be easier to make stages!
    Ol2cH3f.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 3,721 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    No, I but I think it could integrate well with CL instead.

    Dibs on it being an EP for an EP.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    Simblr

    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 436 Member
    Well they only really talked about acting and a bit of fashion in the little blurbs. But hopefully they do have more than just those two things.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 16,004 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    I'm sure it's a well packed pack.
  • bunny-gypsybunny-gypsy Posts: 3,359 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    I wish. But it sounds like actor and “influencer” are the careers this time around.
    ~*~Long live all the family play!~*~
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 23,142 Member
    edited October 9
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I think they dont. Singing skill was included with City Living. Having a singing career without a singing skill might be a bad design choice if it will be included in the pack. They might do a bonus for people if they owned City Living they will get the extra career, kinda like the magical weather stone when you own The Sims 3 Seasons and The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Packs. However I can already see it as a complaint for being DLC for DLC, so there is a little chance it might happen.

    We have the entertainer career (musician or comedian). This pack could possibly make the Entertainer careers a lot more meaningful and fun to play. If you have CL you can incorporate singing into the musician career already; once you're up to level 3 Guitar or Piano and a certain level of singing skill you can sing along with the instrument -- the higher you get in singing skill the more genres are added. Some genres are only available that way and not on the karaoke machine, like Theater Drama.

    Now I've got an idea for a new save -- a family in the 'burbs, with a child/teen Sim dreaming of stardom. S/he works on music skill and hangs out in the karaoke bars, then finally gets tired of suburbia and runs off to the new Fame world and pursues her/his dream. (I'll probably place a karaoke bar in that world -- have the ones in San Myshuno, plus one in Windenburg and one in Magnolia Promenade.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 3,721 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    @stilljustme2 Sofia Bjergsen from GT also would fit well in this new Fame pack.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    Simblr

    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 1,869 Member
    edited October 9
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    If the answer is no, that’s fine. I will force Lanna or Cian to close this thread
    My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
    Latin, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, Beach
    u5UNBiz.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 16,004 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    If FAME can be achieved by sims who aren't just actors, singers (from CL) should be able to become famous and be hounded by paparazzi and fans too.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 3,721 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    If the answer is no, that’s fine. I will force Lanna or Cian to close this thread

    Have you seen the Store description for the new pack yet? It doesn't mention singing or bands in any new career opportunities; only acting and "social media influencing".
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    Simblr

    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 14,077 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If FAME can be achieved by sims who aren't just actors, singers (from CL) should be able to become famous and be hounded by paparazzi and fans too.

    Just without the ability to record albums or music videos, or perform large concerts. :( It would've been interesting, but it is what it is
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    BG wishlist: - Vehicles - Swimmable oceans/lakes - Body Hair - Burglars & NPCs - Ceilings
    DLC wishlist: - Tropical vacations & hotels - Farming
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 3,235 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    Karaoke singing from CL is already very TS3 Showtime-like.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 1,869 Member
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    Karaoke singing from CL is already very TS3 Showtime-like.
    This is not a version of Showtime, it’s Late Night, OK!
    My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
    Latin, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, Beach
    u5UNBiz.png
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 1,869 Member
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    @EA_Lanna @EA_Cian Lanna or Cian neither one of you close this, cause this is incorrect. Well that’s OK, we’ll get a game pack with singers.
    My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
    Latin, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, Beach
    u5UNBiz.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 16,004 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    @EA_Lanna @EA_Cian Lanna or Cian neither one of you close this, cause this is incorrect. Well that’s OK, we’ll get a game pack with singers.

    We got singing in CL. It's already in the game. Now, your singer can become a famous singer.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 1,869 Member
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    @EA_Lanna @EA_Cian Lanna or Cian neither one of you close this, cause this is incorrect. Well that’s OK, we’ll get a game pack with singers.

    We got singing in CL. It's already in the game. Now, your singer can become a famous singer.
    Well at least hip hop needs to be back! It has to be added or I’ll totally die!
    My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
    Latin, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, Beach
    u5UNBiz.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 16,004 Member
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    @EA_Lanna @EA_Cian Lanna or Cian neither one of you close this, cause this is incorrect. Well that’s OK, we’ll get a game pack with singers.

    We got singing in CL. It's already in the game. Now, your singer can become a famous singer.
    Well at least hip hop needs to be back! It has to be added or I’ll totally die!

    Wouldn't it be funny if you died of frustration and the next week hip hop was released? :D
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 1,869 Member
    Yes (It has to do with being famous)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    @EA_Lanna @EA_Cian Lanna or Cian neither one of you close this, cause this is incorrect. Well that’s OK, we’ll get a game pack with singers.

    We got singing in CL. It's already in the game. Now, your singer can become a famous singer.
    Well at least hip hop needs to be back! It has to be added or I’ll totally die!

    Wouldn't it be funny if you died of frustration and the next week hip hop was released? :D
    Aw heck no it ain’t! And also, you think I should die with cardiac arrest, yes I am! And do you think I should control myself away from the radio station posting? I’m an urban lover not a urban hater!
    My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
    Latin, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, Beach
    u5UNBiz.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 2,485 Member
    edited October 9
    No (We already have one, cause it’s looks like a career)
    It SHOULD have one, but it's not in the trailer so I don't think it will. It looks like acting and fame are in the code this time.

    Game Pack quality at Expansion Pack prices.
    "I'm not saying Stuff Packs thrill me to my wretched, rotting core. I'm just saying that we only get one expansion pack a year because Devs only have one pair of hands. You want to buy more half-finished packs like Get To Work? Do you?"
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top