This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Sims Twitter channel teases a Surprise coming tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Oof. The celebrity system in The Sims 3 was something I did not at all care for. I'll be taking a hard pass.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,658 Member
    i could be wrong, but i don't think the celebrity system will be like the system in the sims 3. vampires in the sims 4 were done a lot differently than in the sims 3. i really like the job they did with vampires in the sims 4.

i'm hoping it will also be a better version than the system in the sims 3 was since they've gotten a lot of feedback on what we liked and disliked.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm in awe. Futility, shallow relationships, objetification of the person, fan obsession, materialistic lifestyle, need for attention, invasion of privacy, fake media persona, real talent - there're so many good topics to convey as a storyteller!!
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    My road to fame mod that's...alright looking forward to Sims superstar and the paparazzi.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,096 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    In Superstar, we had the following careers: actor, singer, and supermodel. I wonder if this pack would have all of that, or if it would only do supermodel (due to the patch having a modeling/stylist career) and movie star—and then save all of the singer stuff for a full-on band pack?

I really, really want all of them in an EP, but I’m also prepared for some stuff to be cut out, so I’m trying to not to overhype myself (too much, lol).

Still, pretty awesome! :smile:

People forget that we already got the singing skill in CL. It's locked for that EP.

We could get bands in this EP though. It would still make sense to have a recording studio for the bands to record their albums in. They could make it so that singing and any other music instruments work for it.
    The singing skill is also in Seasons there is at least 6 holiday themed songs you can sing must of been patched as a base game feature at some point.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Oof. The celebrity system in The Sims 3 was something I did not at all care for. I'll be taking a hard pass.

This isn't the Sims 3 -- they may have learned from their mistakes. If Sims actually have to work for fame (along with cheats to create our own celebritites -- I want the Karkrashian sisters) rather than just becoming celebrities at random, it could work a lot better, maybe more like Sims 1 Superstar.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BjDabomb24BjDabomb24 Posts: 15 Member
    Superstar is def one of my favorite EPs, so i am def excited for this!
  • Options
    LightningSparxLightningSparx Posts: 13 New Member
    This is so exciting! I can't wait.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited October 2018
    :/ I was really hoping for University because my sims are all children and teens with University on their game play horizon.
    (They were all YAs at first before I aged them down to toddlers and gave them parents for Parenthood.)

I plan to turn aging off when half of them become teens and they will be on hold for University.
    However, I do hope this is a real Superstar successor because I never experienced the original Sims' expansion packs.
    And I seriously doubt Maxis will dare make fame a social disease like it was in TS3.

I hope modeling is in there because I've always seen Kara as a supermodel type.
    11-19-16_12-36-38nbspPM.png

I can at least make her parents celebrities and perhaps have her follow in one of the careers.
    I'll probably get some use out of it no matter what it features.

Kara is going to have to wait a bit though. She's still a toddler.
    07-03-18_8-27-22nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Booooy did I hate Superstar. I liked Showtime okay, though. Still pretty low on my list of stuff I wanted, but what can ya do. New stuff is still good!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think it's naive of me to say, but I hope a celebrity/fame pack doesn't overly revolve around "influencers" and simstube personalities.

Lol.. I hadn't thought about it but I could totally see it going in that direction :s

Same. I hope it's not a youtube famous pack gosh that would be a horrible mess. That's not worldwide fame at all. They should be aiming at the star power Hollywood celebrities have. That's making another iconic pack like Superstar. Youtube celebrities are a joke.

What about if the pack enables Sims in any career to become a celebrity? Look at authors like JK Rowling or Stephen King, or artists like Banksty, or athletes like Aaron Judge or Lionel Messi, or chefs like Gordon Ramsey (we've got the Shout Forbidden Words interaction for him already B) ). Maybe even a famous explorer who goes down to the jungles of Selvadorada in search of rare artifacts. I don't want it limited to just the performing arts careers; might be fun playing with Johnny Zest and see if he can make it as a comedian, but I'd like to see one of my writers or business Sims get a taste of fame (good and bad).

This is why I think the level of fame should be tied to a sim's career. If they are at the top, and do other stuff outside of just going to work everyday, then they should be more famous than Joe Shmoe off the street who doesn't have a job but browses through simstagram all day.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,794 Member
    Lol, social disease is right. I turned it off eventually in my legacy because I got tired of the paparazzi and slandering. The slander makes it especially hard to maintain friendships

The funny thing is, it started when my sim became a renowned doctor, and it got passed on to his descendants
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I guess we can kiss the Road To Fame mod goodbye

I didn't even know that was a thing until I (mistakenly) read the YouTube comments and people were complaining (again) that EA was "stealing" from the modding community.

I saw a comment on Twitter complaining that a celebrity-themed pack isn't good because it's just 'copying' the Road to Fame mod. So stupid. Lots of features in the game have made mods redundant, that's just the way things are.

Some people in the simming community are such babies, honestly.

Oh please. Those people have no idea what they are talking about. The sims has had celebrity themed content since TS1. If anything the modder stole the original idea from Superstar EP. Late Night also has the celebrity system. Modding community needs to chillax.

Not to mention Maxis has the tools to make an actual fame system, and make it much more complex and interesting.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think it's naive of me to say, but I hope a celebrity/fame pack doesn't overly revolve around "influencers" and simstube personalities.

Lol.. I hadn't thought about it but I could totally see it going in that direction :s

Same. I hope it's not a youtube famous pack gosh that would be a horrible mess. That's not worldwide fame at all. They should be aiming at the star power Hollywood celebrities have. That's making another iconic pack like Superstar. Youtube celebrities are a joke.

What about if the pack enables Sims in any career to become a celebrity? Look at authors like JK Rowling or Stephen King, or artists like Banksty, or athletes like Aaron Judge or Lionel Messi, or chefs like Gordon Ramsey (we've got the Shout Forbidden Words interaction for him already B) ). Maybe even a famous explorer who goes down to the jungles of Selvadorada in search of rare artifacts. I don't want it limited to just the performing arts careers; might be fun playing with Johnny Zest and see if he can make it as a comedian, but I'd like to see one of my writers or business Sims get a taste of fame (good and bad).

But that has nothing to do with my comment. I was talking about the careers inside the pack that I would like. Never said Superstardom should be exclusive to sims with careers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,850 Member
    edited October 2018
    All I can say after this small teaser is: After the introduction of a very strange star-system in TS3 (and fixing it later) I will wait for a live-stream with the developers, let's plays by Simmers (Lazy Game Review) and forum reactions before I buy it. Not a must-have like "Seasons" - at least for me.

A "superstar" theme is at least not on my current want list for TS4. There are other topics like: university (some of teens can't age up because I'm waiting for it), farming, a world based on Southern Europe (Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal - with nectar making skill and maybe new dances like Flamenco), an update for teenagers & babies and the return of piercings.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Reksoh wrote: »
    In Superstar, we had the following careers: actor, singer, and supermodel. I wonder if this pack would have all of that, or if it would only do supermodel (due to the patch having a modeling/stylist career) and movie star—and then save all of the singer stuff for a full-on band pack?

I really, really want all of them in an EP, but I’m also prepared for some stuff to be cut out, so I’m trying to not to overhype myself (too much, lol).

People forget that we already got the singing skill in CL. It's locked for that EP.

We could get bands in this EP though. It would still make sense to have a recording studio for the bands to record their albums in. They could make it so that singing and any other music instruments work for it.
    You never know, they could go and make it free the same way they made photography free in order to be able to do the Simstagram thing for Cats & Dogs.

I guess. But I'm sort of against making a feature I already paid for, free for everyone.

Making photography free was a good thing. Certain things need to be patched to base game after a while so that other content can enhance them.

Just because the singing skill would be base game, doesn't mean that the songs you learn in city living or karaoke would be.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    All I can say after this small teaser is: After the introduction of a very strange star-system in TS3 (and fixing it later) I will wait for a live-stream with the developers, let's plays by Simmers (Lazy Game Review) and forum reactions before I buy it. Not a must-have like "Seasons" - at least for me.

A "superstar" theme is at least not on my current want list for TS4. There are other topics like: university (some of teens can't age up because I'm waiting for it), farming, a world based on Southern Europe (Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal - with nectar making skill and maybe new dances like Flamenco), an update for teenagers & babies and the return of piercings.

Second! I'll wait for the pack review too.. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @phantom121294 sorry it's out of context but is your Signature a PC? At first I thought it was a hamster cage :sweat_smile::joy:

How did you find out about the Celebrities please?

They posted a GIF on Twitter teasing the pack. There's going to be more news tomorrow on Youtube.

Did you guys notice the new male hair and the two new dresses and romper? A side from the main sim's hairstyle and sweater ofc.Aaaand if you look closely the female paparazzo has a new curly hairstyle.

The one thing I did notice after looking at it closely is the weird mouth thing the red-head on the right side is doing - Is it a bug? Is it a moustache? What is going on there :D

At first I thought it was her tongue, but TS4 sims don't have animated tongs like TS3 sims. Maybe it's a glitch in the animation... :p

maybe they added tongues
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

but this might be better @OEII1001
  • Options

You never know, they could go and make it free the same way they made photography free in order to be able to do the Simstagram thing for Cats & Dogs.

I guess. But I'm sort of against making a feature I already paid for, free for everyone.

Making photography free was a good thing. Certain things need to be patched to base game after a while so that other content can enhance them.

Just because the singing skill would be base game, doesn't mean that the songs you learn in city living or karaoke would be.

good point
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

good point

And also, you would have had access to it way before everyone else by having bought the EP where it originally first appeared.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc It’s called Get Famous. The preorder link isn’t working yet but I assume it will later today.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc It’s called Get Famous. The preorder link isn’t working yet but I assume it will later today.

Nice! Now, I'm waiting for the game review.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

There's a screenshot with a glimpse of a new world in that link!
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member

There's a screenshot with a glimpse of a new world in that link!

I didn’t see that! I’m looking forward to finding out more in the coming weeks.