This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Sims Twitter channel teases a Surprise coming tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,096 Member
    I love this new world finally a world based off of California.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think that bartender is wearing a VG outfit and the small table with the lamp is already in the game, but everything else looks new. Love the blond hair and red dress.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think that bartender is wearing a VG outfit and the small table with the lamp is already in the game, but everything else looks new. Love the blond hair and red dress.

Pretty sure only the end table is BG. Almost nothing else is. The pink suit might be a bg recolor or already in the game.

The lamp is new.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I can see myself overusing this plant like if there's no tomorrow
    ozK9cN0.jpg
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Pretty sure only the end table is BG. Almost nothing else is. The pink suit might be a bg recolor or already in the game.

The lamp is new.

You're right. The hot pink suit has recently been added to the game (I don't remember when, maybe Seasons?)
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    If this pack is focused on movies, like it seems, I hope we can work as director as well as actor, and maybe other parts of the production as well.
  • Options
    xamira99 wrote: »
    There’s a mivie set!!! Sims can be movie stars!

I can't wait to make a Johnny Depp sim and start rolling out Pirate movies. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    If this pack is focused on movies, like it seems, I hope we can work as director as well as actor, and maybe other parts of the production as well.

They really haven’t showed anything besides the acting career. There could be other things or it could just be about the movie business. But they are also patching the stylist for everyone for free. Although sadly stylist doesn’t seem to have as much involvement as this, since you don’t even actually design clothes and sew them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Here's a larger version of the movie set picture.

Pirate ship set, director, French Revolution costumes, Creature from the Black Lagoon costume, green screen, new buffet table, make up artist, lights, camera, action. So many cool things in one shot.

43385917990_ab21757b54_b.jpg
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Wonder if the movie that the Sims made will be made available to the Sims world...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    The world looks absolutely stunning from those screens. I wonder how deep the movie system is. Can my Sims be directors? I'd love if my writers could write movie scripts or at least sell them to movie studios and such.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Omg I can't wait for this trailer to drop the world looks breathtaking!!
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Just a random thought, but if the movie set clothes are available in cas, there'll be a bunch of new options for Halloween. I got bored of the pre-made costumes ages ago and usually make them a party outfit that is a Halloween costume using other things from cas instead, sometimes making them stuff like chefs or a certain celebrity or something. Really hoping that we get those 18th centruy clothes for my sims that go all out.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    Just a random thought, but if the movie set clothes are available in cas, there'll be a bunch of new options for Halloween. I got bored of the pre-made costumes ages ago and usually make them a party outfit that is a Halloween costume using other things from cas instead, sometimes making them stuff like chefs or a certain celebrity or something. Really hoping that we get those 18th centruy clothes for my sims that go all out.

Yes, new dress-up options would be great. They would also work well for masked balls. They could be great fun as a dress code for a party or even a club.
  • Options
    Wonder if the movie that the Sims made will be made available to the Sims world...

I doubt it.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I doubt it.

I just hope that anything that the Sims made/create could affect the world they're living in (like the weather machine)...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Pirate ship set, director, French Revolution costumes, Creature from the Black Lagoon costume, green screen, new buffet table, make up artist, lights, camera, action. So many cool things in one shot.

Oooooooh! :hushed: Movie actor career, yes! Awesome! :smile:

I’ll be somewhat disappointed if there was no supermodel career ( :disappointed: ), but a well-done and in-depth movie career would still be really good! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Rebbilina wrote: »

I've made a sim dress as Chef Gordon Ramsey but with a zombie face paint. He looked even scarier if that's possible.
  • Options

I’ll be somewhat disappointed if there was no supermodel career ( :disappointed: ), but a well-done and in-depth movie career would still be really good! :smile:

We could get a modeling career if we get a FASHION DESIGNER pack. It could include designing outfits, sewing, modeling and, hopefully, an update to photography.
  • Options

I hope there are more careers that haven't been shown yet.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I hope there are more careers that haven't been shown yet.

By the looks of those pictures, they spent a lot of time and effort on movies, so I'm guessing it's all about acting. Maybe there will be a director branch. I'm hoping I can place that make-up station in a shop for regular sims to get make overs.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    While I am excited for these new leaks(love the leaks hahaha) I hope we can get features more than the celebrity system and the acting career. Kinda like bands. I hope there will be more than 2 major features. While a new world is a major feature, I hope we can get more than 2 major gameplay features.
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    While I am excited for these new leaks(love the leaks hahaha) I hope we can get features more than the celebrity system and the acting career. Kinda like bands. I hope there will be more than 2 major features. While a new world is a major feature, I hope we can get more than 2 major gameplay features.

Maybe whatever is coming to YouTube will show more info.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    At first I was happy when I saw the news because I was thinking "Yay, it's not witches, I might actually use this!". Then as I started to think about it I realized that this might be yet another pack that caters to only one part of a sim's life, essentially young adult and adult...maybe elders. I never played any previous sims game so I don't know how kids were treated in the past celebrity themed packs, but I seriously seriously hope kids aren't neglected here. There are child actors and actresses. Heck even toddlers (EX. Little Rascals/Shirley Temple). I would be such a missed opportunity if they only let sims start doing this celebrity stuff when they become young adults. And if they do let kids/teens become celebs, I seriously hope it's not just a Simstagram celebrity type of thing. I'm getting tired of the internet stuff, I want sims to go out and do things.

I'm keeping my expectations really low. I'm already expecting the bare minimum of CAS for kids and nearly nothing for toddlers. I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm quite disappointed. You're right - it's entirely aimed at the YA-teen players and the YA lifestage. My Sims are the antithesis of celebrities - most have the 'loner' trait - so I'll be passing on this one.
    I just want things to match. :'(