Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Screen Tearing

2...Next

Comments

• Studer5544Studer5544 Posts: 11 New Member
    @igazor My bad for blowing up this thread lmao. Now, i have a different problem. I have V-Sync and triple buffering off now, and the game still maintains FPS, but now when I go into build mode/live mode in an actual lot, the FPS shoots down to 51 - 57 and sometimes hits 60, but in the Edit Town, it stays constantly at 60. Even with V-Sync and triple buffering on, it does the same thing even though it stays at a constant 60 in Full screen. I tried 68 FPS and it stayed at around 63-65, but at 63 FPS it continues to drop into the 50s, only sometimes going to 60. I swear, this game is nothing but problems lol
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Studer5544 - You aren't going to get consistent fps readings even with the Control Panel's vsync (it doesn't apply in windowed mode anyway). There will be frame rate drops. It's not really a problem usually, it's the poor old patched together game reacting to changing screen data as fast as it can and constantly playing catch-up. If you have WA, try visiting some of the more elaborate tombs and I bet your frame rates will drop as low as 20 or 30 on some of the levels. As long as the game performs well and looks appealing enough, none of this should really matter. If you start getting frame rates dropping down to something like 6 (when not in a WA tomb), then that might be worth paying closer attention to as the performance would then likely be intolerable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Studer5544Studer5544 Posts: 11 New Member
    @igazor Yeah, I know what you mean. Old game, crappy developers haha that's what Maxis/EA is known for. I'm not sure if it was just the computer getting used to workload or not, but I'm able to get a consistent 58 - 60 FPS, depending on how far I'm zoomed in/out in a lot, which still looks pretty smooth. Thanks again for all your help and I'm excited I'm finally able to play my favorite Sims game with little to no problems!