Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Order in dinner needs an update

We've currently got the option to order a very ho-hum range of pizzas.

Isn't it time the menu got an update?

How about a mushroom and capsicum pizza?
Or chicken and spinach, or pesto and tomato?
What about some sides? Garlic bread?

What about an option to order for a party? 3 pizzas + garlic bread + a bottle of fizzy cola to share?

How about some other food options?
City Living gave a lot of new food options, but why can't we order food from home?
Simuber eats?
AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I second this. I wish sims have more types of food to order in
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Pizza recipes are the same as the pizza delivery options.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Pizza recipes are the same as the pizza delivery options.

And the options need an update!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    How about ordering in curry? After all, we have it via City Living.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2018
    I miss when there was room service when you went on vacation in TS2... But I digress... I do think this needs an update we have a lot more food options now.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    How about ordering in curry? After all, we have it via City Living.

That's what I'm saying!
    CL added a whole bunch of food types that our sims should be able to order at home!

When your sim gets home from work, they should have a lot of order-in options, so they can order dinner, and help their kids with homework while they wait for it to arrive!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited October 2018
    I almost forget we have pizza delivery bc it's easily forgettable. I'd rather go out to eat at the restaurant or cook at home.

Or you know, food stalls.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

What about an option to order for a party? 3 pizzas + garlic bread + a bottle of fizzy cola to share?

City Living gave a lot of new food options, but why can't we order food from home?
    Simuber eats?

That would have been a great addition to CL. I know part of the challenge of the pack is learning all the new recipes, but it would have been nice to have the option to order in the new foods once you learned them from a food stall or a restaurant (I have my World's View restaurant that serves the CL and JA dishes).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Simuber eats?

That would have been a great addition to CL. I know part of the challenge of the pack is learning all the new recipes, but it would have been nice to have the option to order in the new foods once you learned them from a food stall or a restaurant (I have my World's View restaurant that serves the CL and JA dishes).

what I don't get about CL living is how you just... learn recipes by eating. Woulnd't it have been a better challenge to have to befriend each stall vendor enough until you ask for a recipe?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Lovely idea for ordering takeout. I'd like to see more options.

Would love to have recipe books for all the vendor stall options and experimental dishes.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I almost forget we have pizza delivery bc it's easily forgettable. I'd rather go out to eat at the restaurant or cook at home.

Or you know, food stalls.

Same for me really, I never remember we can order them; besides after maxing out cooking/gourmet skill, which isn't hard at all, my sims have usually got several gorup meal dishes in the fridge to choose from. Still it would be nice to be ale to order in other types of mesla, such as curry. :)
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Yes, yes, yes!!! We need more options.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I'd definitely like to see more take out options for sims.

I very much miss chinese take out.

Wouldn't mind seeing cheesey bread and like buffalo wings under the options to order from a pizza place. Tend to use the order option when sims have a party or just a lot of company over and my sim just cant be bothered with cooking (without burning the kitchen down).
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would like to see a SteakOut delivery service. It's a restaurant that delivers steaks and potatoes. Melt in your mouth. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    ...and now i'm hungry.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Not gonna say "Wow how hard is it to code just general food delivery into sims 4?" because coding even in small one line amounts is difficult!

But, it would be much appreciated to have food delivery added within the game so if my sims were hungry but didn't have a stove or had to sell it for rent money and such, same with the fridge, or was just a lazy slob, they could order from a bunch of different options and have it be brought to the door within differing time frames (Yes it could be late and your sims would be able to complain and demand it be free).

They could release an update improving food service for home delivery, going out to eat, the little food stalls hanging around, bring an entire new set of menus and dishes to the game along with drinks, special combos, maybe even some cute items for lil chefs wanting to up their skills by baking for the family!

Make a food/drink based update! it sounds ridiculous and many will want to tear this comment apart on the grounds of "Wanting something better than just food!" but these types of subjects are what makes the game fun! Experimenting with new dishes, being rude to the pizza guy just because, and with earlier series of the sims, it was so adorable watching kids cook on their little ovens! selling lemonade, just being active in the kitchen as a whole.

Bring out a food update! make it worth the wait and make it big!
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Does anyone remember in TS2 that eating Chinese takeout your sim lost almost as much hunger eating it as it fulfilled? It was a funny glitch.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    Great, now I'm hungry after reading the OP. :yum:

I would love to have more food options for delivery.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    ...and now i'm hungry.

Lol I was just thinking the same thing.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    Not gonna say "Wow how hard is it to code just general food delivery into sims 4?" because coding even in small one line amounts is difficult!

I mean, that's their job.

Also, LittleMsSam upadeted a mod by Simmythesim that lets you order home many more types of homely and gourmet food:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175409490398/littlemssams-food-delivery-service-order-more

if they can do it, I'm sure the people whose job it is to code and have insider knowledge about how the code works is able to do it faster and better than modders.

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Does anyone remember in TS2 that eating Chinese takeout your sim lost almost as much hunger eating it as it fulfilled? It was a funny glitch.

Yes! LOL which is odd because Chinese takeout is so filling in RL, at least for me haha but I found it funny how my sim would ea tone after another just to get full.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2018
    Pegasys wrote: »

Yes! LOL which is odd because Chinese takeout is so filling in RL, at least for me haha but I found it funny how my sim would ea tone after another just to get full.

I can think of at least one reason chinese takeout might not be so filling.

But we totally need more food options.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.