Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

{Challenge} The Cycle Continues

KatsGamingKatsGaming Posts: 52 Member
First and foremost this idea was not 100% originally mine. I was watching the finale of TheSimSupply's Rags to Riches Seasons and I saw this comment. In theory you can say this is a Rags to Riches variant but it does have it's own rules!

Credit for the overall (specific) idea goes to Courtney Ann. There was discussion in the comments with me and another person as well credit to them for sparking this idea. (My screen name is M.N.I.K if you're wondering who I am in that convo)

The Cycle Continues Challenge

Note: When I say “Roll the dice” you can use a number picker essentially. Same deal. Just be sure to set the numbers between what is asked for.
Dice Roller
Random Number picker

Basic Rules
  • You start out with ONE Sim. Can be male, or female. You can choose their race as well because the likely hood is you will die from starvation. However if by chance you do not and you choose an immortal race you eventually will have to pass the torch. The money limit -if you reach it- is 600k. Once you reach that number you must kill your first Sim and let the next generation take over.
  • You can start with a predetermined amount of money. Roll the dice from 1-6. Depending on what you get will determine your starting cash! Ex: I roll 2 I start with 200k
  • That being said. You must spend at minimum ¼ of your current starting cash to build a house.
  • You cannot earn any money from that point on! If you are gifted money {from another unplayed Sim} that's okay but your Sims cannot earn money themselves. This means no selling items in any fashion and no normal jobs.
  • The challenge is over when your Sim inevitably dies.
  • Turn aging on for a bit of a bonus challenge if you so choose but it's not inherently required at least for this part.

The Cycle starts anew…

If your previous Sim dies it then goes into the children. They however must now rebuild from their parents unfortunate end. Any cash they may have left over goes towards “paying debt” and you start with 0 Simeoleons (standard Rags to Riches rules). If you are left with anything object wise you must get rid of that too.

Standard Rags to Riches rules apply here. If you aren't sure of standard rules they're are as follows...

- Must start on empty lot.
- Must start at 0 Simoleons.
- Cannot earn money through standard jobs, you're self employed!

However if you plan on going through and doing this cycle a few times keep track of what ways you go to earning money.

Why?

Because once you've used that way, you can't use it again until all options of money making are exhausted.

An example being if your Sim in the first Rags 2 Riches cycle uses Writing as their form of income, the Sim in the next Rags 2 Riches cycle cannot use writing as a form of income. Once all options are exhausted, you can “clean the slate” and all options are available for new cycles.

Some Handicaps/Challenges you can OPTIONALLY use…
  • If you choose to have a challenge you can set the life span to short. If you do this for the Riches to Rags cycle you will leave a generous life insurance policy! You can roll a dice. Between 1-6 and that will determine what is left behind after all “debt” is paid. Ex: I roll a 4 and My Rags to Riches Sim starts with 4,000$
  • Alternatively if you choose short for the Rags to Riches you might've left some debt behind...roll a dice between 1-3 depending on the number you must remove 10k, 20k or 30k from your current cash stack.
  • If you're playing Riches to Rags you can choose to stay in the house you built for Rags to Riches. However if you choose to tear it down completely you must pay 50% from that total (or close to it if it's an odd number) to the city for “tax purposes”.
You can add Legacy challenges for any cycle you choose in terms of the succession laws. Here's a link for that.

If you have any challenges handicaps you think will be a good idea let me know! I'll consider adding them.

Thank you again to those for inspiring the overall idea. If this idea has been made and posted before PLEASE link it to me I will essentially delete this post and link directly to there. <3 If you do this challenge, post pictures or even video! If you find someone doing this challenge feel free to link it! :smiley:

Post edited by KatsGaming on