Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beware of the Nov patch if you have script mods....ugh

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I just checked my folder for ts4script files. Only mcc, tmex' always testincheats/alwaysmoveobjects/alwaysfullcasedit, selectable pets and debugcheats contain such files. I can manage without the always active cheats. But without MCC the game will be unbearable.

Its not fun to mainly play a household thats addicted to drinking water from the fridge or every available sink and mixing drinks all day long. Unfortunately the patch notes indicate that none of the actual big issues will be fixed that require mods to compensate.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    There are now two on the market now, @Fogity has built a tool from the ground up that reportedly has a better success rate than Andrew's updated tool. What do you think?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SomeoneForgetableSomeoneForgetable Posts: 209 Member
    I've been trying to figure this out but I can't find an answer. I have patch updates blocked currently, at least until the script mods I use are updated or I find working replacements. What I'd like to know is, if I buy a game pack now, will I need to also download the patch?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask, I don't know where else to place this question.
    2nte6j4.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I've been trying to figure this out but I can't find an answer. I have patch updates blocked currently, at least until the script mods I use are updated or I find working replacements. What I'd like to know is, if I buy a game pack now, will I need to also download the patch?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask, I don't know where else to place this question.

Hello @SomeoneForgetable
    It would be best to update your game to the latest patch now. The python update patch hasn’t been released as yet. You can choose to manually update your game now by right clicking on the Sims 4 picture in Games Library and click “ update”.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @luthienrising It's really wonderful what you've done in the past...and are ready to do in the future. I just get so...TIRED of deleting old mods and replacing and hunting for updates. It just seems like it never ends! I'm very close to dumping all the "mods" (those that affect our simmie's behavior) and keeping the CAS and build stuff. I generally build more than I play anyway...one of these days.......

That's the price paid for getting new content -- if they ever stopped patching the game and releasing new packs that would mean that Sims 4 is dead. :| Since it's reported that Python 3.7 has better tools for catching code conflicts, I'm hoping that the update will not only fix many of the current bugs, but will curb the appearance of future bugs. Besides, I can spend the time waiting for mod updates to get familiar with the new terrain tools and other game features. I've got a couple of builds in mind that will require multiple foundations on the same lot, one a large park for the 50x40 lot in Mirage Park neighborhood (it'll have basketball, a picnic area, a community center and I'm hoping a small stage for performances).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    I just checked my folder for ts4script files. Only mcc, tmex' always testincheats/alwaysmoveobjects/alwaysfullcasedit, selectable pets and debugcheats contain such files. I can manage without the always active cheats. But without MCC the game will be unbearable.

Its not fun to mainly play a household thats addicted to drinking water from the fridge or every available sink and mixing drinks all day long. Unfortunately the patch notes indicate that none of the actual big issues will be fixed that require mods to compensate.

If you have MCCC you don't need the Tmex mods; you can do those settings within MCCC. You can also activate debug cheats as well. And we haven't even seen the patch notes so we don't know what will be fixed and what won't.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SomeoneForgetableSomeoneForgetable Posts: 209 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @SomeoneForgetable
    It would be best to update your game to the latest patch now. The python update patch hasn’t been released as yet. You can choose to manually update your game now by right clicking on the Sims 4 picture in Games Library and click “ update”.
    I play a heavily modified game and the current upcoming patch is looking to break every script mod I currently use. Some are old and no longer updated.

I don't much mind playing an older version of the game, for the time being. I just wish to wait until the script mods I have can either be updated or replaced before installing the patch. I was mainly wondering if I buy a game pack I've been looking to purchase now, will I be forced to update and lose my still working script mods?

You've seemed to answer that for me though, thanks. I know I am ignoring your suggestion but I'd much rather stick to the gameplay I currently have until I can make sure it's safe to update without ruining my current games.

2nte6j4.png
  • Options
    FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    As long as you install the game pack before the update hits you can have it without needing the terrain tools update. But as soon as the terrain tools update hits you will have to update in order to install anything.
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I know this is for a paritcular mod ut it might work for the other Mods with the TS4script https://artfun.pw/post/109.html#
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Caylee1Caylee1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi. I'm new here. Not new playing the Sims but I left off for a few years. I am assuming that since I JUST purchased The Sims 4 and Pets the patch was downloaded with the game?

Should I hold off on mod scripts for now?
  • Options
    Caylee1 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm new here. Not new playing the Sims but I left off for a few years. I am assuming that since I JUST purchased The Sims 4 and Pets the patch was downloaded with the game?

Should I hold off on mod scripts for now?

Hello @Caylee1 :) Welcome to the forums!
    The game patch with the updated python will be released next Tuesday 13th November.
    It would be best to not download /install script mods until after the patch as many current mods will need to be updated .
  • Options
    Caylee1Caylee1 Posts: 7 New Member
    > Hello @Caylee1 :) Welcome to the forums!
    > The game patch with the updated python will be released next Tuesday 13th November.
    > It would be best to not download /install script mods until after the patch as many current mods will need to be updated .

Thanks so much Rosemow. The help is much appreciated. I won't be downloading until after Tuesday. :)
  • Options
    Caylee1 wrote: »
    > Hello @Caylee1 :) Welcome to the forums!
    > The game patch with the updated python will be released next Tuesday 13th November.
    > It would be best to not download /install script mods until after the patch as many current mods will need to be updated .

Thanks so much Rosemow. The help is much appreciated. I won't be downloading until after Tuesday. :)

You’re welcome @Caylee1 :)