Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Laptop/Desktop for the Sims? Help!

Hi everyone!

I’ve been looking for a while now to get a new laptop so I can play the Sims again after my last one broke. I’ve spoken to another user on here who had given me some great advice but I would like more opinions just to be on the safe side since I’m not 100% sure what exactly I should look for or avoid.

I would prefer a laptop just because of my current situation but I’m open to getting a desktop if I need to.

$1,500 - $2,000 is what I have been looking at so far. I would like to not really go over $2,000 but I can if I really need to

The one I’m settled on right now is:
https://www.affordablelaptops.com.au/contents/en-us/p3474_metabox-clevo-N850EK-laptop-notebook.html
16Gb RAM 1 x slot empty
512 GB Plextor S2G M.2 SSD SATA – 520/480MBs (1TB Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD SATA 560/510MBs if I want spend a little bit more)
1TB 7200 rpm hard drive (7mm high)
Total is $1,720 with 512 Gb or $1,940 with 1TB Crucial

If you know of a better one in my price range (laptop or desktop) please let me know.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments

• ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    I don't know much about custom builds.
    But with sims you want something with both nice RAM and Graphics. But always check the games recommended settings make sure you at least hit that.
    As for laptop I would recommend into researching gaming ones. They are normally built more stronger then your average one.
    but if you are going to playing a lot and plus doing other things desktop would be best for less overheating.
    I guess it really depends on how much time you plan on spending on the computer.
    Good luck and have fun!