Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The next Expansion Pack will probably be..

..University.. You didn’t expect that didn’t you? Just kidding, jokes aside, please don’t click away, I have some really good digging done.. you might want to see this.
Starting off on why I think the next Expansion Pack will be University, is a reason that maybe not many people analyzed or thought of, or maybe some people did but just shrugged it off as a pretty silly reason.
Ever noticed that the expansion packs are in rainbow colors excluding the color yellow?
That’s right, that might have slipped off from you, didn’t it? Take a look yourself, I’ll list it here:

(RED) Cats and Dogs
(ORANGE) Get to Work
(YELLOW) ???
(GREEN) Seasons
(BLUE) City Living
(PURPLE) Get Together

Silly? Isn’t it? What would the color yellow have to do anything with University? I’ll tell you.
When I think of the color yellow, my mind instantly goes to school, university, education.. There are so many yellow things in School/University.
Yellow school walls (outside or inside), notebooks, pencils, crayons, pencil cases, pens, sponge and most importantly school buses.
But why yellow? There are many color variations of the items I just listed, however yellow is the most common and basic one out of them all, which is why the color yellow is associated with University/School often. I am sure I’m not the only one who associates yellow with education and things related to it. Moving on, it is probably the most requested pack besides the ones that were already released and supernatural, which is DEFINITELY not being the next pack, assuming they stick to the rainbow color Expansion Pack theme.
No, no need to waste any time and see if the Rainbow Colored packs were released chronologically or alphabetically, I already did and I can confirm you they’re not, but I still think this is a smart trick of EAxis’, releasing packs in rainbow colors, nice job keeping that hidden for a while, EAxis, but you had to know you can’t keep something hidden forever, someone will actually get the hint at some point. ;)

Moving on, this may seem silly, however.. Terrain manipulation tools may have a really small, distant relation to the next expansion pack, despite it being a highly requested feature.
Why? Universities REALLY resemble greek ruins, mostly because Universities are highly Greek themed. Universities are sometimes built on high ground, resembling greek ruins a lot, although rare it is true.
Yes, silly, however it is a very subtle hint, don’t tell me we haven’t had EXTREMELY subtle hints about seasons before it was released.
Look at most of the buildings the sim gurus made with the terrain tools, they look so much like greek ruins, it is some sort of connection here.

Next thing I will tackle is CARS, they were hinted a lot and the sim gurus even built a garage in the live stream, which I believe will be the next feature added in the next free patch that we were told of. However we were also told that a new game will be coming later this year, do not get too excited as I think it would probably be just a Sims spin-off, I have calculated an estimate of when the next Expansion Pack’s reveal trailer will probably be released. It will be the last thing I talk about on here right after the cars.
So, yes, right, the cars, what do they have to do with any of this? It’s pretty simple, yet another subtle hint, people get their driver’s license usually when they reach university/high school, so.. yeah.. you may already know what I’m talking about here..

So here comes the final part! The estimate!
Drum rolls
Well, this is going to be some silly math, may not exactly be perfect or even nearly close.. but here’s my take on it..
So we start off like this, we have to find out the gaps of at least 4 Expansion Packs.
I started off with the gap from Get Together to City Living: 405 days.
City Living to Cats and Dogs: 342 days.
Cats and Dogs to Seasons: 276 days.
See the pattern? The days keep getting lower and lower, so we have to strike low too.
We’ll do a little more math to find out the difference between the two most recent packs:
342-276=66
Now the most recent pack minus 66.
276-66=210
And there we have it, the estimate of days until the trailer, however we have to see how much time from the Sims 4 Seasons trailer + 210 days.. and see when the trailer probably comes out:
DECEMBER 20, 2018
There it is, the estimate, you’re welcome.. I think..
Now it makes more sense for the “new game” to be released later this year, maybe IT IS actually the Expansion Pack and I was wrong. We’ll see..

So, that’s all I have, add more speculations below and I might add them in here, crediting you and with your permission of course! Please comment what you think!

—Love, Snappi.
Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
2lDWFwI.gif

Comments

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Well.. .this is certainly thinking outside the box...
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I mean, it's outside the box, but it's also very very different from how the hints from gurus usually work. The next expansion pack could be university, but I've seen more clues that's strongly hinting towards something band related.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ..University.. You didn’t expect that didn’t you? Just kidding, jokes aside, please don’t click away, I have some really good digging done.. you might want to see this.
    Starting off on why I think the next Expansion Pack will be University, is a reason that maybe not many people analyzed or thought of, or maybe some people did but just shrugged it off as a pretty silly reason.
    Ever noticed that the expansion packs are in rainbow colors excluding the color yellow?
    That’s right, that might have slipped off from you, didn’t it? Take a look yourself, I’ll list it here:

(RED) Cats and Dogs
    (ORANGE) Get to Work
    (YELLOW) ???
    (GREEN) Seasons
    (BLUE) City Living
    (PURPLE) Get Together

Silly? Isn’t it? What would the color yellow have to do anything with University? I’ll tell you.
    When I think of the color yellow, my mind instantly goes to school, university, education.. There are so many yellow things in School/University.
    Yellow school walls (outside or inside), notebooks, pencils, crayons, pencil cases, pens, sponge and most importantly school buses.
    But why yellow? There are many color variations of the items I just listed, however yellow is the most common and basic one out of them all, which is why the color yellow is associated with University/School often. I am sure I’m not the only one who associates yellow with education and things related to it. Moving on, it is probably the most requested pack besides the ones that were already released and supernatural, which is DEFINITELY not being the next pack, assuming they stick to the rainbow color Expansion Pack theme.
    No, no need to waste any time and see if the Rainbow Colored packs were released chronologically or alphabetically, I already did and I can confirm you they’re not, but I still think this is a smart trick of EAxis’, releasing packs in rainbow colors, nice job keeping that hidden for a while, EAxis, but you had to know you can’t keep something hidden forever, someone will actually get the hint at some point. ;)

Moving on, this may seem silly, however.. Terrain manipulation tools may have a really small, distant relation to the next expansion pack, despite it being a highly requested feature.
    Why? Universities REALLY resemble greek ruins, mostly because Universities are highly Greek themed. Universities are sometimes built on high ground, resembling greek ruins a lot, although rare it is true.
    Yes, silly, however it is a very subtle hint, don’t tell me we haven’t had EXTREMELY subtle hints about seasons before it was released.
    Look at most of the buildings the sim gurus made with the terrain tools, they look so much like greek ruins, it is some sort of connection here.

Next thing I will tackle is CARS, they were hinted a lot and the sim gurus even built a garage in the live stream, which I believe will be the next feature added in the next free patch that we were told of. However we were also told that a new game will be coming later this year, do not get too excited as I think it would probably be just a Sims spin-off, I have calculated an estimate of when the next Expansion Pack’s reveal trailer will probably be released. It will be the last thing I talk about on here right after the cars.
    So, yes, right, the cars, what do they have to do with any of this? It’s pretty simple, yet another subtle hint, people get their driver’s license usually when they reach university/high school, so.. yeah.. you may already know what I’m talking about here..

So here comes the final part! The estimate!
    Drum rolls
    Well, this is going to be some silly math, may not exactly be perfect or even nearly close.. but here’s my take on it..
    So we start off like this, we have to find out the gaps of at least 4 Expansion Packs.
    I started off with the gap from Get Together to City Living: 405 days.
    City Living to Cats and Dogs: 342 days.
    Cats and Dogs to Seasons: 276 days.
    See the pattern? The days keep getting lower and lower, so we have to strike low too.
    We’ll do a little more math to find out the difference between the two most recent packs:
    342-276=66
    Now the most recent pack minus 66.
    276-66=210
    And there we have it, the estimate of days until the trailer, however we have to see how much time from the Sims 4 Seasons trailer + 210 days.. and see when the trailer probably comes out:
    DECEMBER 20, 2018
    There it is, the estimate, you’re welcome.. I think..
    Now it makes more sense for the “new game” to be released later this year, maybe IT IS actually the Expansion Pack and I was wrong. We’ll see..

So, that’s all I have, add more speculations below and I might add them in here, crediting you and with your permission of course! Please comment what you think!

—Love, Snappi.

Dec 20th would probably be too late to release the next pack. They need to release it in Nov/Early Dec for the Holiday Season. Dec 20th is 5 days before Christmas that wouldn't work. Also the next pack could be anything. We might get a Trailer Early Next week for whatever pack it is.
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    Dec 20th would probably be too late to release the next pack. They need to release it in Nov/Early Dec for the Holiday Season. Dec 20th is 5 days before Christmas that wouldn't work. Also the next pack could be anything. We might get a Trailer Early Next week for whatever pack it is.
    Honestly, if I think about it, packs get released a few months later after their trailer has been released, so, my calculations aren't on point, and the calculations I did were for the gaps between the TRAILERS, not the releases. So ehmm.. yeah, using my "logic" the pack would prooobably be released in February or March 2019..
    Oof.
    Still, I want to see more speculations top on, also another small idea that popped in my mind.. the yellow expansion might be, like said, band EP, or in my opinion a Island Paradise type of EP, with mermaids and all that stuff, I'll write more about it on here once I get the chance to.
    mika wrote: »

Thank you. :D
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I mean, it's outside the box, but it's also very very different from how the hints from gurus usually work. The next expansion pack could be university, but I've seen more clues that's strongly hinting towards something band related.

I strongly agree, band related EP sounds likely and would probably be something very unique (ignoring sims superstar and sims 3 showtime :D ) and fun!

Please keep posting and speculating! I want to see more, I will also add speculations about other Expansion Packs, not only University! The title doesn't necessarily only talk about University! ;)
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    You must either be really bored or have something that you're trying to procrastinate doing :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Honestly, if I think about it, packs get released a few months later after their trailer has been released, so, my calculations aren't on point, and the calculations I did were for the gaps between the TRAILERS, not the releases. So ehmm.. yeah, using my "logic" the pack would prooobably be released in February or March 2019..
    Oof.
    Still, I want to see more speculations top on, also another small idea that popped in my mind.. the yellow expansion might be, like said, band EP, or in my opinion a Island Paradise type of EP, with mermaids and all that stuff, I'll write more about it on here once I get the chance to.
    mika wrote: »

Thank you. :D
    Rebbilina wrote: »

I strongly agree, band related EP sounds likely and would probably be something very unique (ignoring sims superstar and sims 3 showtime :D ) and fun!

Please keep posting and speculating! I want to see more, I will also add speculations about other Expansion Packs, not only University! The title doesn't necessarily only talk about University! ;)

Remember Seasons was announced only weeks before releasing. Their changing the time as to when packs are announced and when they release and it's much shorter between announce and release now atleast on the pc side.
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    You must either be really bored or have something that you're trying to procrastinate doing :D

First part, yes, I am really bored, second, nope, not procrastinating, just have too much time on my hands. :lol:
    Remember Seasons was announced only weeks before releasing. Their changing the time as to when packs are announced and when they release and it's much shorter between announce and release now atleast on the pc side.

Oh, right, my bad. lol, sorry, I'm pretty tired right now, head can't think straight past 12 AM.. I might be a night owl but still..... :D

2lDWFwI.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I don't know! I'm just gonna have to say Celebrities, similar to Superstar, Late Night, and Showtime, it mostly focus on more celebrity activities.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I don't know! I'm just gonna have to say Celebrities, similar to Superstar, Late Night, and Showtime, it mostly focus on more celebrity activities.

I would associate yellow more with fame/fortune (especially golden yellow) rather than Uni honestly.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm with @catloverplayer that 12/20 would be too close to Christmas -- also EA usually goes on holiday schedule about a week or so before Christmas; many of the devs and Gurus will be on vacation, and there'd be only a skeleton crew left to deal with any crises related to either the pack or the patch. I'm still thinking sometime around middle of November so they'll have it out before Black Friday, the traditional start of the holiday shopping season. (Though if there are issues related to the transition to Python 3.7 that could push the schedule back a bit, maybe till January.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • johnvincent0021johnvincent0021 Posts: 15 Member
    Everyone is saying that the next pack is about cars but I don't think it is, I think the next pack is about celebrities.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I agree: It's time for a University EP. And maybe farming and fame as the releases after that. (Tropical vacation and more magical stuff could come sooner as a GP.)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I know I'm beating a dead sims horse, but they are not going to miss out on Black Friday after Thanksgiving. So, if I'm right, and it's a GP, there's time in November for the two week announce period before the drop. If it's (I hope/wish/need) an EP, the four week period should start mid to late of this month. Just my opinion.
  • AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member
    I just want a fame/rich pack with red carpet and huge events like awards gala etc. fashionable cas and over the top b&b like furniture with gold accents.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    Everyone is saying that the next pack is about cars but I don't think it is, I think the next pack is about celebrities.

I wish you are right
    Anton wrote: »
    I just want a fame/rich pack with red carpet and huge events like awards gala etc. fashionable cas and over the top b&b like furniture with gold accents.

There could be a Simmy award with a golden figure holding a golden plumbob high in the air.
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    I do feel like University will be the next EP but its not something I'm completely interested in. I'd like it more if it was dedicated to the education system and let you go to school with your kids & teens, have University as an option for possibly teens or young adults!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited October 2018
    I for one hope it will be the next EP. I've been wanting Uni/Education since before GTW.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member
    edited October 2018
    It's not university Guru Danirl said they are not working on it .Still that it is possible.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hopefully something 100% new to the series. Like a sports or a farming pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I'm with @catloverplayer that 12/20 would be too close to Christmas -- also EA usually goes on holiday schedule about a week or so before Christmas; many of the devs and Gurus will be on vacation, and there'd be only a skeleton crew left to deal with any crises related to either the pack or the patch. I'm still thinking sometime around middle of November so they'll have it out before Black Friday, the traditional start of the holiday shopping season. (Though if there are issues related to the transition to Python 3.7 that could push the schedule back a bit, maybe till January.)

Let's hope not regarding python. Get Together was delayed till the first week of December.

I think cars will come in a free update but they might be included in another pack. I don't think they'll be the main focus of a pack though just included.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I know I'm beating a dead sims horse, but they are not going to miss out on Black Friday after Thanksgiving. So, if I'm right, and it's a GP, there's time in November for the two week announce period before the drop. If it's (I hope/wish/need) an EP, the four week period should start mid to late of this month. Just my opinion.

I think the announcement is Tuesday based on what was said in the Livestream last week.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I think the announcement is Tuesday based on what was said in the Livestream last week.

I hope so, but didn't SimGuruKate say it was just going to be more of the terrain tools?

I hope so, but didn't SimGuruKate say it was just going to be more of the terrain tools?

That's what I thought too.