The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's play fashion police with the new career!!!

PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
I'm really looking forward to the new career, because FINALLY, if we don't like our townies' outfits and style, we can offer (or force >:) ) them to undergo a make over, being the new level 10 fashion guru and all. B):p
I love many aspects of the upcoming career: create trends, change the clothes and makeup of other sims (even their hair) and maybe force the whole neighbourhood to wear what WE like them to wear. It sounds almost too good to be true! <3
I'll have one person in that career in several played families, so that each and every sim can take part of my wonderful fashion taste, yeah. :D
Imagine that: no matter where, we will be able to change the looks of other sims! No strange hats and accessories anymore (or moar of them, depending on the storyline), great or weird looks for all. Making every sim wear a tin hat in the gym or bathing attire as formal wear... Or let the whole male community show off Santa's beard. o:) The possiblities let my head spin right now. :p
Do you all already have plans how to play "fashion police" with the new career? Strange, funny scenarios or stories with clothing, accessories, hair, makeup?
I'd love to hear about your ideas for trends and stuff.
Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.

Comments

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    The funny thing is, just a week ago when I played, I wanted one of my sims to be a stylist and looked everywhere for a fitting custom career, and the only thing I've found was makeup artist, so I went with that, and just a week later, the new career was announced. :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018
    I just wanted (at first) just a way to make my sims look more not so god awful.. I'm sure that will be my main use for it.

I do like the idea of setting trends per save games. I can see myself doing a "children of the corn" look where the black bowlers hat becomes a thing. Maybe a sweet 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (cross-dresser) save. I have some weird saves so it could work.

I'd also love to use it to make townie sims in certain saves conform to a certain type of clothing .. like certain uniforms are accepted as standard ways of dress. That would be great for storytelling, for me anyway. Not sure I would be able to take it that far but would love it if I could.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    where is the info about this new career
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've thought about having all residents of Windenburg dress in Victorian Britain style attire but can't be bothered going into CAS several times.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,138 Member
    It sounds like it has potential.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I wonder how it's done that sims will wear what you "set" as a trend. Does this mean we can finally save outfits in a different place other than the clothing categories? I'd love that cause sometimes I wanna recreate some looks but forget how exactly I did it and it will take forever to find all the pieces.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)