Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New stylist career

alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
The new stylist career looks very TS3ish - I like that! Also if we can set trends for other Sims that may help to solve the many crazy outfit problems. On the other hand we may not get a fashion pack which I had expected.

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Will you be able to change patterns and colors like you could in TS3?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Will you be able to change patterns and colors like you could in TS3?

No. It uses the same CAS tools you already have in the game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Then how will everyone be able to look different? I mean thats not really special when you can't make them look unique or anything, then too many will be wearing the same stuff , not really as cool as if you could make them look special or really cool tho.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I was hoping for a more normal career instead of another instagram influencer career.

Agreed, but walking around and easily changing other Sims' catastrophic outfits sounds like a good thing to me. And I like playable careers more.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    The new career isn't exactly what I would wish for but I will withhold judgment until I get a chance to play it. It might be more entertaining than I anticipated, who knows?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I am so happy for this. I made a thread way back asking for it and I know others have. I want an in game way to change townies clothes mostly. I've used the closet that came with GT but you have to go into their home. I guess you can just consult and change townies now when you get to the right level in that career.
    Sure I could do it in managed worlds but no immersion for me that way.
    So yahh! Also really happy that it will come in a free patch and therefore be a base game possibility. I'd have bought it anyway but that was nice of them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    The new career isn't exactly what I would wish for but I will withhold judgment until I get a chance to play it. It might be more entertaining than I anticipated, who knows?

same here. As of now, it just looks like we go into CAS and change people's wardrobe and hair...something I can easily do without a career...
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

same here. As of now, it just looks like we go into CAS and change people's wardrobe and hair...something I can easily do without a career...

Yes, but now your Sim probably gets money for doing it!
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    That's like some of the base game (secret agent, criminal, astronaut) the three from GTW and the ones in city living, a career I will never use.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Just another "to be hip" career that I can't see myself do in my more than once.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Yes, but now your Sim probably gets money for doing it!

I have played this career in my game. I created a sim once and had her to be a fashion stylist. She would meet people around town, I would invite them over (or go to their house) for the makeover. Change their looks then cheat the money per job as her income. I know it's not the same as having a fashion career built in but there was a workaround here without one.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I am so happy for this. I made a thread way back asking for it and I know others have. I want an in game way to change townies clothes mostly. I've used the closet that came with GT but you have to go into their home. I guess you can just consult and change townies now when you get to the right level in that career.
    So yahh! Also really happy that it will come in a free patch and therefore be a base game possibility. I'd have bought it anyway but that was nice of them.

being able to change sims on the fly like that will be handy. plus it gives my upcoming generations a new career to master.
    6riwm5.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Just another "to be hip" career that I can't see myself do in my more than once.

Well, at least they got me curious about the second career object besides the digital design pad. They said the career had two signature objects.....where's the other one?

I could only hope it's a sewing machine....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I'm pretty excited about the new career myself; but I prefer the active careers and I really enjoyed the TS3 stylists.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member

I wonder if you need to have or build up some sort of relationship before a townie will let you give them a makeover. Can't wait to see how it works.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think people are jumping the gun on this one. They stressed - multiple times - that the career was still in the early stages. We have no idea what the branches are (if there ware any), or any of the other titles for it.

I probably won't use it, but I don't know everything about it yet so there's time for me to change my mind.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018

I wonder if you need to have or build up some sort of relationship before a townie will let you give them a makeover. Can't wait to see how it works.

I just rewatched it .. (whew Jeff *fans self*) Anyway after the distraction wore off, I did catch that he said you need some relationship. Maybe the career level might count too though will have to wait and see. I'm excited that you can start fashion trends from it. I don't want to make my townies look worse personally but that could be fun to do.
    I'll bet people will make challenges from this too.
    I can see making a fashion consultant personal trainer household again. This time it would work better. I'm excited.
    egTcBMc.png
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Woot! Stylist career! I loved that career from TS3. Is it a patch for base game or will I need GTW/CL to play it? I wasn't able to watch the livestream (real life stuff.)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @NyteRose wrote: »
    Woot! Stylist career! I loved that career from TS3. Is it a patch for base game or will I need GTW/CL to play it? I wasn't able to watch the livestream (real life stuff.)

no EP or anything necessary, it'll be available in a free patch. it will play similar to the CL careers though with the stay-at-home option.
    6riwm5.png
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    I'm glad that it's coming out for free :P nah but I actually want to play it, even though the most attractive thing about it (given what we've seen so far) is the sketch tablet.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    What about the other part of fashion; modeling? Where's the modeling? Is it really just about styling sims instead of being the icon of style yourself?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    DAT DRAWING TABLET THO.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yayyyyyy! This is so cool!
    Personally, even if I don't use certain careers, I'm always happy to have additional options. The more careers, the better :smile: And being a stylist can be really fun, if you build more atmosphere around it for yourself. As an example: I can make a stylist sim that starts off small, trying to make connections with important (rich) sims and working on a small scale by blogging and giving friends make-overs. Then, as she starts to make a name for herself, she moves to the city and befriends style icons. She frequents fancy lounges and nightclubs to meet more sims and showcase her fashion. Eventually she's a celebrity living the dream.

Of course, we don't have a celebrity system as of yet and this would be made more fun with bands and such. I'd like systems to give certain venues (like lounges and certain bars) a high-end atmosphere. Right now, most lots have the same atmosphere to me, if that makes sense. I don't feel "Oooh I'm in a park!" or "I'm in a sleazy bar" or "This lounge makes me feel like Marilyn Monroe." The builds themselves give off great atmosphere, but I'd like if the sims' reactions/interactions/something make the venues feel more significant. Like, give me a reason to go out to club instead of just throwing a house party.
    Incorporating live bands, celebrities like fashion icons, singers, actors etc. and a sense of VIP really adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game. A stylist career is certainly a step in the right direction :smile:

And: SKETCH PAD!