Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation Thread 2018 (Now Out) (Emergency Patch Out Now)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
I had to put this up early because the October Patch has been cancelled. This is the thread to discuss the November Patch. Assuming it doesn't get cancelled we can expect terrain tools,a new career and electronic drawings in addition to bug fixes. There may be other new features in the Nov Patch. There is another live stream Next Thursday with more info on the new content.

Bug fix wise I'm hoping the stinky leaf pile and leaf pile woohoo are fixed in November.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Well since this patch is taking two months I'm assuming its a huge patch like the toddlers patch and the lgbtq patch this patch is going to be insane again I'm assuming.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'd like the leaf piles to be fixed as well.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    I'd like the leaf piles to be fixed as well.

Especially this.
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm also hoping for a fix for the stinky leaf piles! I'm tired of sending my sims around burning every leaf pile they can find. I'm also hoping they fix the teleporting bug. While not truly game breaking, it's definitely distracting when my sims suddenly warp all over the lot.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I found the talking in the live stream hard to understand, so has anything been said about the possibility of a normal pack in Oct/Nov?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I found the talking in the live stream hard to understand, so has anything been said about the possibility of a normal pack in Oct/Nov?

No info on future packs but they might get revealed in Next Weeks Stream which is Oct 11th.

No info on future packs but they might get revealed in Next Weeks Stream which is Oct 11th.

Ah ok. On the other hand a new pack normally requires a pre-patch of its own, so I we may have to wait for December. This is all so crazy. What is happening to the normal game with Stuff Packs and so on?

Ah ok. On the other hand a new pack normally requires a pre-patch of its own, so I we may have to wait for December. This is all so crazy. What is happening to the normal game with Stuff Packs and so on?

Hmm I didn't think of this.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm quite tired of repeating what I've already said in the past TWO threads now, so I'm hoping for whatever I already was wanting for in those other threads added on to the new upcoming content.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member

Maybe there's a new pack coming in November...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I don't think they said anything about the somewhat anticipated Gallery update, do you suppose that might wait until November too?

Normally this would be logical because otherwise they have nothing for the Christmas business.
    greenXen wrote: »
    I don't think they said anything about the somewhat anticipated Gallery update, do you suppose that might wait until November too?

Gallery Update is probably coming in December.

Normally this would be logical because otherwise they have nothing for the Christmas business.

Get Together was released in December. Also we get free holiday content in December as well.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Didn't we just get one? Why would they update the gallery again?

• RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member

They also told us to watch their social media accounts in the beginning of next week. There might be a teaser then.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

They wanted to add even more things, like being able to use our own screenshots for example.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope it's something big like an overhaul on personalities and traits.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2018

Many users don't like that items are sorted by downloads instead of newness because their new items get less visibility. They said they would fix this and probably do some more with the Gallery.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Many users don't like that items are sorted by downloads instead of newest because their get less visibility. They said they would fix this and probably do some more with the Gallery.

I thought they should've fixed this last month...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited October 2018

Many users don't like that items are sorted by downloads instead of newest because their get less visibility. They said they would fix this and probably do some more with the Gallery.

I thought they should've fixed this last month...

They weren't specific about which patch the gallery default switch would come in. Hopefully it'll be the next one.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Terrain tools
    Fashion influencer career (digital sketch pad, another signature career object, maybe new clothing)
    Cafes venue fix
    Leaf pile fix
    Gallery filter fix
    Simulation lag/freeze fix
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    We really need some bug issues addressed. I understand they want to tweak these new features they presented but I don’t see why in 4 months we haven’t had a fix for a lot of Seasons issues.

I just want something new, big and exciting. I never get that with TS4. Terrain tools should’ve been here LONG ago and The fashion career is meh. Hopefully the next pack is a good one!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    We really need some bug issues addressed. I understand they want to tweak these new features they presented but I don’t see why in 4 months we haven’t had a fix for a lot of Seasons issues.

Maybe they're working on those bugs. Maybe they're fixing a LOT of bugs instead of just one or two? Maybe they were having a hard time replicating some of the bugs. Anything is possible.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited October 2018
    Leaf piles sticking around and stinking up the neighborhood needs fixing.
    Last Exception spam from custom holidays needs fixing.
    Holiday not starting because a holiday occurred the other day needs fixing.

As for the new career it looks dumb, boring, and most importantly pointless. Should've focused on bug fixing. Also the same for terrain tools. There is nothing great about them when Sims already lag around especially with all DLC installed. Relying on simulation lag fix mod barely works either. Game needs polishing/optimization. Along with many fixes for Seasons and other DLC. I still get many Parenthood -responsibility and others when doing things from other DLC such as Vampires. I still see Sims walking around wearing dumb outfits, the other day Mortimer was walking around with sunglasses, top hat, speedo, boots, and formal shirt. I think that's the City Living festival outfit bug again. Not even MCCC can fix it anymore. The fact they're delaying the patch-again-is just pathetic. What are they even doing?! If Sims 4 is oh so successful and sells so greatly. They should hire more people, get cracking on those bugs, optimize the game, and expand it with new content afterwards. Whatever DLC is next I'm not looking forward to. Seasons was half baked compared to Sims 2 and even yes Sims 3 Seasons. There was little to no content it was just the base game all over again. A bunch of pointless goals with random 'holiday's coming up like TV season premiere and talk like a pirate day. Its boring and pointless Sims 4 plays like a MMORPG all this mindless grinding and time consuming petty goals to complete for what? A sense of pride and accomplishment? Pff! Whatever. Fix the bugs, then I'll give you money. Till then I'll spend it elsewhere.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1