Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 1

Comments

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    My overall opinion:

I think it's too early to say whether it's good or bad, cause I am not sure if this tease holds more than what we can say for sure. If cars will make it, I think its pretty good and cool of them. I know foundations are something people wanted for so long, so I'm happy for them even though I won't use it like a maniac. Its nice to have for me and I appreciate it being added. Maybe later on i will be more happy with it.
    The career.. Ok.. It's nice they added a career that is normal and probably useful for many sims. i would probably use it too. I do wish they would add in more careers. I get this one is for free, but they could have added careers through packs as well. They are needed. We asked for a lawyer career for so long and it should be here already. I do like the active careers. it's all I want to play most of the time. i also think the option to work at home, play active or just send your sims off to work, is very good and should always be like this in any sims game!
    However.. they did use many of the same animations again, meaningless interactions. Maybe there is more to it, cause they didn't show us all, so we will have to see for a complete opinion. But from what i could see, they could add in some more meaning to this career by actually drawing fashion sketches instead of paintings (of a horse..). Let's see more about it when we get it and get to play with it.

Just holding my hope for cars and Sims 2 style with animations and in-car options.

Careers like lawyer, education, etc. could be waiting for a University pack to be added. We got an actual gardener career in Seasons and before that we got the three CL careers. so they are adding careers in EPs when they make sense. Someone mentioned there's a new art type, Illustrative, so maybe that's the one needed for the fashion career.

True, we got new careers, but they could have added new careers in the early time of the sims 4 when it was even more needed. The requests for basic careers are on the forum so long and we actually still do not have them. They might come, but my point was that they should have been here earlier actually.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    mock68 wrote: »
    Well that was a downer, no October patch.

So, we are not gonna see a patch in October either? I stopped playing the game a couple months ago because of some of these bugs that need to be fixed such as the non-interactive sims bug. It's cool that they are creating new stuff, but did they forget about these bugs that need to be addressed and fixed? I kinda think they should be the priority... I personally don't want any more new content because these critical bugs are ruining the game. I am sorry, but I am just getting the feeling that the devs don't even care and just want to skip the bugs and go on to new content while the game continues to get in worse shape. I don't even know what to think of this anymore. I regret purchasing Seasons and updating to that patch just before Seasons which destroyed the game and turned all of the background Sims into mindless zombies...

Wow! If you are having that kind of issues with your game, try starting a new game, and make sure you save it with a new name. I have a separate save for loading my game with certain custom content mods, and a separate save for playing my game without any custom content or mods, and a separate save for playing only with custom content but without script mods. If you are able to play the new game using no custom content or mods, you know the problem is probably with broken cc or mods. Plus with a new save file you aren't affecting any of the old characters on your old save. If you still cannot play the game without cc or mods using a new save, repair your game, and try again. If that doesn't work, check the specs on your computer to make sure it is capable of running the game with all EPs. And finally, if all that has been tried and nothing helps, it is time to contact EA support or uninstall, reboot, then reinstall your game (backing up everything that was in the Documents folder elsewhere first).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    poplopflop wrote: »
    I almost don't wanna give my opinion or I'll get called 'ungrateful, or 'a sour grape.' Like if your not excited over a not really modeling/stylist career that's mainly just computer typing or some terrain tools, then you're a debby downer who should keep their opinions to themself :/ Its free, yes, that's great. Thanks. But I paid hundreds of dollars for this game(which is insanity) and so I really wish it lived up to its potential, sorry.

I agree with you, this is the 2nd time I have been moderately happy to see something I have wanted desperately since its launch. (first was Seasons and now it's terrain tools)
    I have either felt meh or dissappointment over everything they have put out.

But on a whole, 2 things in just over 4 years is pretty bad and one of those things should have been in the basegame.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    vikixc wrote: »
    Did anyone else see at the end he made one building with foundation and another one without? Am I hallucinating? Please someone tell me I am not wrong! I have NEEDED this feature since day 1!!

There was tool in the middle of the building that dragged up the building. We do not have this tool yet and it must mean something new. Right after that Kate send him away. Don't know if that is an easy way to build a room on another or if it is a foundation tool.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Sorry some are disappointed and think it's lame but builders are finally getting a new tool after we thought terrain tools weren't possible. I'm not a builder but just so happy for them. <3
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I actually think the fashionista is a great addition. Some people won't use it, sure. Others will absolutely love it. I'll use it on occasion if I want to make the townies look ridiculous (because I like ridiculous). It will be fun to play with.

The terrain tools are absolutely amazing, though.

Thank you gurus for this patch. I think it's great.

I thought townies already looked ridiculous in what they wear! :D

I hope the next patch adds NICE clothing for men and women. There's a thread in the forums for a long time with great fashionable community requests. I'm kind of tired of crazy patterns, I need, some runaway high fashion. I hope we don't get a fashion career with no new clothing or just recycled assets.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    You gotta have the sour grapes team. It's inevitable lol. Me I'm loving it.

YEP! LOVE it All! Even the thing no one has mentioned.... LOL.

:o
  • Options
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Even the name 'Fashion Influencer' sounds so stupid and pretentious.

I think it's perfect!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am super excited for the terrain tools, there are so many builds I've passed over because they're partially set in a hillside and look weird if you try to build them without one. I also think the fashion career could be fun they did stress several times that it's in very early stages. So I'm going to keep an open mind about the finished product.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The new guy is too quiet as well :(

What new guy? There is no new guy there that I see. I think of them all Kate is the newest.

They’re talking about the one whose first stream it was. To the left of Kate that talked about the new career.

Thanks. Well he is new at streams anyway - not new at Maxis. For his first time on air was pretty calm and collect for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Did anyone else see at the end he made one building with foundation and another one without? Am I hallucinating? Please someone tell me I am not wrong! I have NEEDED this feature since day 1!!

There was tool in the middle of the building that dragged up the building. We do not have this tool yet and it must mean something new. Right after that Kate send him away. Don't know if that is an easy way to build a room on another or if it is a foundation tool.

I have just rewatched it and looks like a tool for pulling foundations to different heights (or atleast I hope it is) he did it to the "faux garage" he built :))
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited October 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    Sorry some are disappointed and think it's lame but builders are finally getting a new tool after we thought terrain tools weren't possible. I'm not a builder but just so happy for them. <3

This ^^

I am an avid builder, I am so relieved this is coming :)
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I actually think the fashionista is a great addition. Some people won't use it, sure. Others will absolutely love it. I'll use it on occasion if I want to make the townies look ridiculous (because I like ridiculous). It will be fun to play with.

The terrain tools are absolutely amazing, though.

Thank you gurus for this patch. I think it's great.

I thought townies already looked ridiculous in what they wear! :D

I hope the next patch adds NICE clothing for men and women. There's a thread in the forums for a long time with great fashionable community requests. I'm kind of tired of crazy patterns, I need, some runaway high fashion. I hope we don't get a fashion career with no new clothing or just recycled assets.

Exactly; what's the point in a new career around fashion and style without any new digs to wear? ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    If we can have adjacent rooms with different foundation heights then it might be the best thing ever.

• Options
    Terrain tool is a basegame feature in TS2 and TS3, it's not a surprise it's a free update.

"Style influencer" is very limited, I would not pay for this.

Thank goodness you don't have to! :p
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Well that was a downer, no October patch and nothing exciting to happen really.
    Sims 4 is not the game Sims 3 was, it's boring. :/

To you. It is up to the player to decide things like that as opinions, likes and dislikes is a very individual thing. So you can only say - in your own opinion.

There's tons of things in life I absolutely detest - but often not the rest or majority of the population agrees with me. Like I just do not get snapchat - I find it utter ridiculous - but many of my own family love it! Go figure. You detest Sims 4 obviously - not every one agrees with that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited October 2018
    rjssim wrote: »
    Well that was a downer, no October patch.

So, we are not gonna see a patch in October either? I stopped playing the game a couple months ago because of some of these bugs that need to be fixed such as the non-interactive sims bug. It's cool that they are creating new stuff, but did they forget about these bugs that need to be addressed and fixed? I kinda think they should be the priority... I personally don't want any more new content because these critical bugs are ruining the game. I am sorry, but I am just getting the feeling that the devs don't even care and just want to skip the bugs and go on to new content while the game continues to get in worse shape. I don't even know what to think of this anymore. I regret purchasing Seasons and updating to that patch just before Seasons which destroyed the game and turned all of the background Sims into mindless zombies...

Wow! If you are having that kind of issues with your game, try starting a new game, and make sure you save it with a new name. I have a separate save for loading my game with certain custom content mods, and a separate save for playing my game without any custom content or mods, and a separate save for playing only with custom content but without script mods. If you are able to play the new game using no custom content or mods, you know the problem is probably with broken cc or mods. Plus with a new save file you aren't affecting any of the old characters on your old save. If you still cannot play the game without cc or mods using a new save, repair your game, and try again. If that doesn't work, check the specs on your computer to make sure it is capable of running the game with all EPs. And finally, if all that has been tried and nothing helps, it is time to contact EA support or uninstall, reboot, then reinstall your game (backing up everything that was in the Documents folder elsewhere first).

I have tried everything including a fresh reinstall. My computer specs include: i7 6700, GTX 970, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, so I know my computer is well above the recommended settings. This is an acknowledged issue with the game that needs to be fixed (link to the topic is in my signature), and many others are experiencing it. It was introduced in the patch just before Seasons. I sent tech support a ticket shortly after I first encountered the bug.

Here are two videos, before the patch before Seasons (Sims interacting) and then afterwards (Sims no longer interacting). This happens in bars, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.

Before (Sims interacting):
    https://youtu.be/8V1luqTe3oI

After (Sims no longer interacting):
    https://youtu.be/UmMPw6AOLvc

https://youtu.be/IHtEHKt5dDs

Also, because there is a TV on the lot, Sims will not go for a swim and the TV takes priority. Once I removed the TV, the sims went swimming again.
    https://youtu.be/pofdYPeBl64
  • Options
    muzickmage wrote: »
    The new career and digital sketch pad are ok. The new terrain tools look great. But none of it was worth a hyped-up live stream. They could have mentioned that stuff in a simple blog post with a few pics and wasted a lot less of people's time..... not to mention .... emotional interests.

They made it sound like everyone on planet earth should tune in to see their mind-blowing announcement ...... of what turned out to be just ........ a digital easle. Oh yea. Lets not forget the new Mr. Dressup career.

Tell me you're kidding me. Tell me I didn't wait around the last few days for THAT.

Seriously?????

Well, I like the terrain tools. But that still could have been shared via blog post.

So I guess you won't be tuning in for the next one?
  • Options

I have just rewatched it and looks like a tool for pulling foundations to different heights (or atleast I hope it is) he did it to the "faux garage" he built :))

Then it would mean we can use different levels of foundations on buildings. Or maybe only on buildings of different terrain heights, but that would be almost the same thing. There is a lot more to this then what they 'showed' us. Excited to see when we get more info on everything :D
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Well that was a downer, no October patch and nothing exciting to happen really.
    Sims 4 is not the game Sims 3 was, it's boring. :/

To you. It is up to the player to decide things like that as opinions, likes and dislikes is a very individual thing. So you can only say - in your own opinion.

There's tons of things in life I absolutely detest - but often not the rest or majority of the population agrees with me. Like I just do not get snapchat - I find it utter ridiculous - but many of my own family love it! Go figure. You detest Sims 4 obviously - not every one agrees with that.

But like you he is expressing his opinion on a discussion board about that exact topic. You don't have to agree with his opinion but you cannot dismiss it.
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »
    The new career and digital sketch pad are ok. The new terrain tools look great. But none of it was worth a hyped-up live stream. They could have mentioned that stuff in a simple blog post with a few pics and wasted a lot less of people's time..... not to mention .... emotional interests.

They made it sound like everyone on planet earth should tune in to see their mind-blowing announcement ...... of what turned out to be just ........ a digital easle. Oh yea. Lets not forget the new Mr. Dressup career.

Tell me you're kidding me. Tell me I didn't wait around the last few days for THAT.

Seriously?????

Well, I like the terrain tools. But that still could have been shared via blog post.

They could have, but I liked actually seeing how smoothly it worked in the video. Would like to see and know more, but this was just a tease.

TOTALLY agree. It matters for sure as i recall some earlier terrain tools in previous Sims games that royally rotted to use. That one works smooth and reacted instantly - love it. Could not have known that written in a blog for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Seriously?????

So I guess you won't be tuning in for the next one?

I"m hoping the one next week reveals even more content that wasn't shown Today. I'm still hoping cars will be revealed next week.
  • Options

Then it would mean we can use different levels of foundations on buildings. Or maybe only on buildings of different terrain heights, but that would be almost the same thing. There is a lot more to this then what they 'showed' us. Excited to see when we get more info on everything :D

Yes me too! There's another stream on the 11th so I will be tuning in to find out more
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Alright, I'm sure compared to the terrain tools and the career( both of which I'm excited about) this will sound silly, but a new branch of artwork? Sweet. I love art :blush: