Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 1

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    That was worth watching. I'm more interested in the new career and the sketch pad but terrain tools are good too. :smiley:

I'm more happy for the fashion career also but the terrain tools gave me a great feeling for the builders. Will be great to see what they do with it.

Can you really call it a fashion career though? I didn't get to see much of it, never mind that they didn't even tell us if there were any branches?

As long as I have the ability to change the way townies dress. I'm going to use it. That's the blow me away part.

But we already could..?

Once again not exactly through being tied to interactions/careers, but still.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If those were all in the free Patch I wonder what will be in the "Paid for" content pack coming at the end of the year? What will be in the new "Paid for" Pack to need those additions to the game?
  • Options
    And...live stream is over. No new content confirmed for October because they are "polishing" it and making it nice and shiny. However, we did get a glimpse of what looks like a TERRAIN TOOL, a new career coming (no word yet on whether it is an active career, a form of self-employment, or a rabbit hole career), and what looks possibly like a sketchbook and maybe the ability to create art on the computer, if my interpretation of what I saw is correct.

One use of the terrain tool that I would love to see in this game would be the ability to create my childhood home, which was built on a hill. The basement door exits at the bottom of the hill, and the front door and kitchen sliding door exit at the top of the hill. Yes, it was a two-story home. Part of it was underground under the hill.

They said it was a work-from-home career, like the City Living careers and the Gardening career from Seasons.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I like the sketchpad and the new career though I would have liked a lawyer career better.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    That was worth watching. I'm more interested in the new career and the sketch pad but terrain tools are good too. :smiley:

I'm more happy for the fashion career also but the terrain tools gave me a great feeling for the builders. Will be great to see what they do with it.

Can you really call it a fashion career though? I didn't get to see much of it, never mind that they didn't even tell us if there were any branches?

They said they weren’t going to say everything regarding the career. Every career so far has had 2 branches though.

Of course I presume there is two branches of it; regarding the fact that there's two main aspects of fashion: styling and modeling!

I'm only excited to finally give my male models something they can do for once instead of mooching off someone else's money as their boy toy lol. (not withstanding modding ofc)

They said outright there are branches. The female Sim had already chosen one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    And...live stream is over. No new content confirmed for October because they are "polishing" it and making it nice and shiny. However, we did get a glimpse of what looks like a TERRAIN TOOL, a new career coming (no word yet on whether it is an active career, a form of self-employment, or a rabbit hole career), and what looks possibly like a sketchbook and maybe the ability to create art on the computer, if my interpretation of what I saw is correct.

One use of the terrain tool that I would love to see in this game would be the ability to create my childhood home, which was built on a hill. The basement door exits at the bottom of the hill, and the front door and kitchen sliding door exit at the top of the hill. Yes, it was a two-story home. Part of it was underground under the hill.

They said it's a work from home career along the lines of the city living careers. You can send your sim off to work if you want, but you can have them work from home as well.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. I thought they said terrain tools weren't possible though? Does this mean the other stuff they said wasn't possible is now possible? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But either way, very excited and I don't even build anymore. xD Can't wait to see what gets made with the new tools though!

Remember, Things Change (tm). As they learn more and more about the capabilities of the game/game engine, they're making new discoveries.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Evie0602 wrote: »

As long as I have the ability to change the way townies dress. I'm going to use it. That's the blow me away part.

You can already change townies outfits from manage households though.

But I want to do it as part of gameplay... for immersion. This allows that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Loving the trolling so very good..

Terrain trolls.

It "comes with the territory". As my husband would say, "You walked into that one."
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member

I definitely heard something about it being a work at home job so I think it must be like the City Living jobs where you can go to work or work from home/out and about with set tasks.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. I thought they said terrain tools weren't possible though? Does this mean the other stuff they said wasn't possible is now possible? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But either way, very excited and I don't even build anymore. xD Can't wait to see what gets made with the new tools though!

Remember, Things Change (tm). As they learn more and more about the capabilities of the game/game engine, they're making new discoveries.

Besides which, I don't think they ever said terrain tools weren't possible. I can't recall any comment on it at all. From SimGurus, at least. Just from Simmers.

EDITED TO ADD: OMG love the drawing tablet, can't wait to make walkout basements and houses tucked into hillsides and whatnot!!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No offense intended, but that was so lame.

A fashion influencer career? Maxis you can do better. That was just so so lame......I'm so sad...TS4 just really isn't coming through.

It's not a modelling career, it's not a stylist career, it's another stupid instagram career. I like the new digital art sketch pad, but you can't even do fashion sketches, so....what the actual..... There's no fabric sampling, no sewing machine, no catwalk, just writing more articles on the computer....how fun. And the animations look like they are straight out of the Sims Mobile, so disappointing. I thought it was going to be a better update. A lot of people have been asking for a personality update and we are getting a lame career....

Also, the digital art sketch pad does everything an easel does....it's a cool object but really, why are we getting another object that does everything we already can do in the game? TS4 can't afford that luxury with it's lack of content. So disappointed.

I agree 100%.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2018
    Karon wrote: »
    Giving sims make overs is something we have been doing since 2014. It’s not new.

But the ability to do it in game and having it tied to a career is new -- you can makeover Sims if you have one of the GT closets as well.

It’s new but not new overall. You don’t need a career to do it.

But its cooler to have a career, don't rain on our parade

Modders have made more than 25 careers to date. The difference is that official careers don't break with every update patch.

Then again, since the next content patch won't be until at least November, that means my mods and cc won't break until then.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options

They said they weren’t going to say everything regarding the career. Every career so far has had 2 branches though.

Of course I presume there is two branches of it; regarding the fact that there's two main aspects of fashion: styling and modeling!

I'm only excited to finally give my male models something they can do for once instead of mooching off someone else's money as their boy toy lol. (not withstanding modding ofc)

That part must've glazed right past me; if you could give me the exact timestamp that was said..?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2018
    Terrain tool is a basegame feature in TS2 and TS3, it's not a surprise it's a free update.

"Style influencer" is very limited, I would not pay for this.
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2018

Besides which, I don't think they ever said terrain tools weren't possible. I can't recall any comment on it at all. From SimGurus, at least. Just from Simmers.

I don't remember them saying it wasn't possible either. In fact, it seemed from a number of unlevel spots in the game they may have been working on them from the start.

_____

This video was not overhyped. This was some pretty exciting news. It makes it seem that they really do have more plans for game expansion beyond just adding in more CC and consumables.

ETA: Good job gurus and thanks!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Terrain tool is basegame feature in TS2 and TS3, it's not a surprise if it's a free update.

"Style influencer" is very limited, I would not pay for this.
    The career is in a free patch to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    Was hoping for a sneak peak at some paid content as well. It's been too long since something new :pensive: I like the new career though :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    A new career, terrain tools and I'm pretty positive they were hinting at the possibility of cars. :dizzy:

I thought so too UNTIL I realized instead of placing a garage door, he just painted the walls black... which people do already sooooo nah I don't think cars is going to be a thing yet.

Maybe they're still working on garage doors and we'll get those along with cars in a patch. For now I'll use the doors from City Living that you can paint murals on if I do any garage builds.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The new guy is too quiet as well :(

What new guy? There is no new guy there that I see. I think of them all Kate is the newest.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Was hoping for a sneak peak at some paid content as well. It's been too long since something new :pensive: I like the new career though :)
    I suspect that's what they're going to talk about in next week's broadcast and with what Ninja hinted at about social media.
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited October 2018

That part must've glazed right past me; if you could give me the exact timestamp that was said..?

There are two new career branches: Trend Setter and Stylist.

ETA: career description in this screenshot:
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options

It's not replaying for me :/
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The new guy is too quiet as well :(

What new guy? There is no new guy there that I see. I think of them all Kate is the newest.

I believe they were referring to Jeff, being his first time on a livestream but has been working with Maxis for sometime now..?