Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 1

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Another livestream is on Thursday October 11. I assume it is the patch day.
    Didn’t they say no patch again?

Yep. They postponed it past October for polishing content (of which there appears to be lots)!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    A new career, terrain tools and I'm pretty positive they were hinting at the possibility of cars. :dizzy:

Omg right! I was watching carefully to see if he’d pull a garage door out of somewhere!!
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Another livestream next week.

I want it to be an hour :/
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No offense intended, but that was so lame.

A fashion influencer career? Maxis you can do better. That was just so so lame......I'm so sad...TS4 just really isn't coming through.

It's not a modelling career, it's not a stylist career, it's another stupid instagram career. I like the new digital art sketch pad, but you can't even do fashion sketches, so....what the actual..... There's no fabric sampling, no sewing machine, no catwalk, just writing more articles on the computer....how fun. And the animations look like they are straight out of the Sims Mobile, so disappointing. I thought it was going to be a better update.

ALso, the digital art sketch pad does everything an easel does....it's a cool object but really, why are we getting another object that does everything we already can do in the game? TS4 can't afford that luxury with it's lack of content. So disappointed.

THIS^^
  • Options
    minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    I'm so hyped after watching this stream, went and bought a new SP for myself :D<3 Cannot wait xo
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That was worth watching. I'm more interested in the new career and the sketch pad but terrain tools are good too. :smiley:

I'm more happy for the fashion career also but the terrain tools gave me a great feeling for the builders. Will be great to see what they do with it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Another livestream is on Thursday October 11. I assume it is the patch day.
    Didn’t they say no patch again?

Yep. They postponed it past October for polishing content (of which there appears to be lots)!

If it means a less bug-ridden mess, that's fine by me!

Plus I don't have to update my mods again.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. I thought they said terrain tools weren't possible though? Does this mean the other stuff they said wasn't possible is now possible? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But either way, very excited and I don't even build anymore. xD Can't wait to see what gets made with the new tools though!
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    That was worth watching. I'm more interested in the new career and the sketch pad but terrain tools are good too. :smiley:

I'm more happy for the fashion career also but the terrain tools gave me a great feeling for the builders. Will be great to see what they do with it.

Can you really call it a fashion career though? I didn't get to see much of it, never mind that they didn't even tell us if there were any branches?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Cool career! Love where Jeff was showing off the terrain tools lmaooo

That was @SimGuruRomeo not Jeff
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

Can you really call it a fashion career though? I didn't get to see much of it, never mind that they didn't even tell us if there were any branches?

I think they did briefly mention them but not totally certain. the lady sim was further along on a branch as a stylist or something iirc.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member

They said they weren’t going to say everything regarding the career. Every career so far has had 2 branches though.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

As long as I have the ability to change the way townies dress. I'm going to use it. That's the blow me away part.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    And...live stream is over. No new content confirmed for October because they are "polishing" it and making it nice and shiny. However, we did get a glimpse of what looks like a TERRAIN TOOL, a new career coming (no word yet on whether it is an active career, a form of self-employment, or a rabbit hole career), and what looks possibly like a sketchbook and maybe the ability to create art on the computer, if my interpretation of what I saw is correct.

One use of the terrain tool that I would love to see in this game would be the ability to create my childhood home, which was built on a hill. The basement door exits at the bottom of the hill, and the front door and kitchen sliding door exit at the top of the hill. Yes, it was a two-story home. Part of it was underground under the hill.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Even the name 'Fashion Influencer' sounds so stupid and pretentious.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Does this mean we're finally gonna be able to build garages ??
    I was thinking the same thing -- maybe they needed the terrain tools so you can build a detached garage next to a house on a foundation before they could add cars. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited October 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    A new career, terrain tools and I'm pretty positive they were hinting at the possibility of cars. :dizzy:

I thought so too UNTIL I realized instead of placing a garage door, he just painted the walls black... which people do already sooooo nah I don't think cars is going to be a thing yet.

Possibly, I'd like to think that was part of the grand tease and it wasn't ready to show. They might do what they did with toddlers and just surprise us the day of. Either way, I'm still excited about what we definitely are getting. I can finally make a garden shed without having to remove my foundation.

@stilljustme2
    That makes a lot of sense, with the way things are currently if you built your house with a foundation, your "garage" would also need a foundation, cars wouldn't work very well with that system. Again, this is speculation, but it makes perfect sense we'd get this update right along with cars.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Disappointment fills me.
  • Options

They said they weren’t going to say everything regarding the career. Every career so far has had 2 branches though.

Of course I presume there is two branches of it; regarding the fact that there's two main aspects of fashion: styling and modeling!

I'm only excited to finally give my male models something they can do for once instead of mooching off someone else's money as their boy toy lol. (not withstanding modding ofc)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think the digital sketch pad might be a little easier to work with than the easel. I've noticed that my Sim doesn't always place the easel where I want her to, and when the terrain is uneven, it's awkward. And I'm looking forward to the new painting style -- illustrative, I think? Basically I'm looking forward to everything.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No offense intended, but that was so lame.

A fashion influencer career? Maxis you can do better. That was just so so lame......I'm so sad...TS4 just really isn't coming through.

It's not a modelling career, it's not a stylist career, it's another stupid instagram career. I like the new digital art sketch pad, but you can't even do fashion sketches, so....what the actual..... There's no fabric sampling, no sewing machine, no catwalk, just writing more articles on the computer....how fun. And the animations look like they are straight out of the Sims Mobile, so disappointing. I thought it was going to be a better update. A lot of people have been asking for a personality update and we are getting a lame career....

Also, the digital art sketch pad does everything an easel does....it's a cool object but really, why are we getting another object that does everything we already can do in the game? TS4 can't afford that luxury with it's lack of content. So disappointed.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I know we are getting terrain tools eventually but I’m not going to fall over myself with glee for something we should have had in the base game. Meanwhile the game has been buggy as heck since June and we are still not getting any bug fixes.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member

As long as I have the ability to change the way townies dress. I'm going to use it. That's the blow me away part.

You can already change townies outfits from manage households though.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    He said it's a very early look so they didn't show off everything that comes with the career. Also they said two new objects come with it but only showed the sketch pad. Is there something else I missed?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    And...live stream is over. No new content confirmed for October because they are "polishing" it and making it nice and shiny. However, we did get a glimpse of what looks like a TERRAIN TOOL, a new career coming (no word yet on whether it is an active career, a form of self-employment, or a rabbit hole career), and what looks possibly like a sketchbook and maybe the ability to create art on the computer, if my interpretation of what I saw is correct.

One use of the terrain tool that I would love to see in this game would be the ability to create my childhood home, which was built on a hill. The basement door exits at the bottom of the hill, and the front door and kitchen sliding door exit at the top of the hill. Yes, it was a two-story home. Part of it was underground under the hill.

It’s a stay at home/rabbit hole career.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif