Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 1

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited October 2018

I really like these images. I doubt they are practical to play in but it's great to see some height in the game at last.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2018

LOL it looks like a sandcastle, not sexy at all
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    This was my first time watching a livestream, and it was so much fun. Granted, I came an hour late so I got to skip to the good parts. :lol:

Builders have been so neglected in this game - I love that this shows that the Gurus who were telling the builders "We hear you" were really listening. :smile:
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Has anyone seen them on insta? There was a video of terrains making hills ect?
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Just because some people did not get exactly what they wanted this time, do not mean you will not get what you want. This was a big plus for simmers, Also the builders got what they have been asking for a long time. Let us be happy for our builders.
    They are showing us that they are listening to us, and do care. I just wish they could have stayed an hour.

Some that were having bad behaver thought that they close early because of their bad behavior, and seem to feel guilt over it. that was funny. lol. before they realized it, the broadcast was over. Now that its short, you must listen or just miss it.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    OMG, love the new Terrain Tool. Thank you guys.
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
    It would help if they could turn the music off and we could hear what they are saying!
  • LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    I'm actually stoked for this new patch! The career sounds like something I'd definitely use, and the terrain editing feature is something that has been requested for a while, so I cannot wait to test them out. The new information for the Sims Freeplay and the Sims Mobile sound interesting as well. Great stream!
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No offense intended, but that was so lame.

A fashion influencer career? Maxis you can do better. That was just so so lame......I'm so sad...TS4 just really isn't coming through.

It's not a modelling career, it's not a stylist career, it's another stupid instagram career. I like the new digital art sketch pad, but you can't even do fashion sketches, so....what the actual..... There's no fabric sampling, no sewing machine, no catwalk, just writing more articles on the computer....how fun. And the animations look like they are straight out of the Sims Mobile, so disappointing. I thought it was going to be a better update. A lot of people have been asking for a personality update and we are getting a lame career....

Also, the digital art sketch pad does everything an easel does....it's a cool object but really, why are we getting another object that does everything we already can do in the game? TS4 can't afford that luxury with it's lack of content. So disappointed.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I know we are getting terrain tools eventually but I’m not going to fall over myself with glee for something we should have had in the base game. Meanwhile the game has been buggy as heck since June and we are still not getting any bug fixes.

The bugs are seriously a problem. It’s been months.
    Is anyone getting ads for headphones during the live stream?
  • samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    When is it coming out
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    samsims wrote: »
    When is it coming out

All we know is after October.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    Seriously want that sketchpad -- going to give it to all my Sims heading to Selvadorada.

OMG, that is such a great idea!!!!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    In previous games we could add vegetation and some trees to the hillsides so maybe those will be coming along later to soften the sandcastle effect. I used to enjoy making hilltop houses in forest surroundings.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    In previous games we could add vegetation and some trees to the hillsides so maybe those will be coming along later to soften the sandcastle effect. I used to enjoy making hilltop houses in forest surroundings.

I hope we don't have to use moo for that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Did anyone notice that both of the sims in the livestream were left handed?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that both of the sims in the livestream were left handed?

Nope. Nice catch.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    edited October 2018
    Article about today's livestreams.

The first Maxis Monthly livestream took place today, airing a State of the Union for the Sims titles. While there were some announcements for Sims FreePlay and Mobile, like a pregnancy feature and community events, the largest announcement was for the next Sims 4 patch. The next update patch has been delayed past October, but when it launches, it will be a free update adding a new career and terrain tools for build mode.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/2/17928956/sims-4-maxis-monthly-terrain-tools-cars-style-influencer
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Why not discuss the major deal of landscaping tools???!! Romeo is my hero of the day! Super excited to try out the new build mode tools.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited October 2018
    I feel like I'd be less disappointed if it was more than just one new career. Honestly, I think 5 would have been a good number. Don't get me wrong, the fashion career looks fun and all and I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it, but a single new career isn't anything to get hyped about.

It's clear their main point of interest was the terrain tools, but I'm not a builder so the terrain tools don't really mean that much to me...
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    So, I missed the live stream because it was 2 AM at where I'm from. Basically, it was only to tell us, it's not yet ready? - which I initially thought that we'll be getting another patch (bug fixes at least).

I am super confused with this live stream thingy (not only for having it at odd hours (only for the minority, of course). I did ask why it is no longer 72 hours notification. I was told it was only for a certain special live stream. So what are the criteria for this certain special live stream? And now, we're going to have another live stream in less than 8 days (Oct, 11) from now? Appreciate if they can be more consistent in delivering the message/update. I have a high expectation, perhaps, it is my fault to begin with. And of course, people in general have different expectations..

Honestly, I can't no longer be excited with whatever updates they are going to give, until I can have it or order it. It is nice to have a terrain tool, new career...appreciate it so much, but, getting curious for another week just to think about that, because it is not yet ready... I guess, I would rather just focus on playing with bugs & building than speculating anymore, after all, I am just a normal paying player..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited October 2018
    poplopflop wrote: »
    I almost don't wanna give my opinion or I'll get called 'ungrateful, or 'a sour grape.' Like if your not excited over a not really modeling/stylist career that's mainly just computer typing or some terrain tools, then you're a debby downer who should keep their opinions to themself :/ Its free, yes, that's great. Thanks. But I paid hundreds of dollars for this game(which is insanity) and so I really wish it lived up to its potential, sorry.

I mean, it's fine to be personally disappointed, but to say its not living up to potential or calling it a bad patch does sound pretty selfish for the thousands of builders who have been begging for terrain tools.

I probably won't mess with them myself too much, but I am excited to see what the builders can do.

They haven't gotten anything since glass roofs, give them a bone, they quite literally help keep the community alive.

I personally want to see firefighter npcs and an overhaul to teens as patches, but I recognize not every patch will be something I love.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    My overall opinion:

I think it's too early to say whether it's good or bad, cause I am not sure if this tease holds more than what we can say for sure. If cars will make it, I think its pretty good and cool of them. I know foundations are something people wanted for so long, so I'm happy for them even though I won't use it like a maniac. Its nice to have for me and I appreciate it being added. Maybe later on i will be more happy with it.
    The career.. Ok.. It's nice they added a career that is normal and probably useful for many sims. i would probably use it too. I do wish they would add in more careers. I get this one is for free, but they could have added careers through packs as well. They are needed. We asked for a lawyer career for so long and it should be here already. I do like the active careers. it's all I want to play most of the time. i also think the option to work at home, play active or just send your sims off to work, is very good and should always be like this in any sims game!
    However.. they did use many of the same animations again, meaningless interactions. Maybe there is more to it, cause they didn't show us all, so we will have to see for a complete opinion. But from what i could see, they could add in some more meaning to this career by actually drawing fashion sketches instead of paintings (of a horse..). Let's see more about it when we get it and get to play with it.

Just holding my hope for cars and Sims 2 style with animations and in-car options.

Careers like lawyer, education, etc. could be waiting for a University pack to be added. We got an actual gardener career in Seasons and before that we got the three CL careers. so they are adding careers in EPs when they make sense. Someone mentioned there's a new art type, Illustrative, so maybe that's the one needed for the fashion career.

True, we got new careers, but they could have added new careers in the early time of the sims 4 when it was even more needed. The requests for basic careers are on the forum so long and we actually still do not have them. They might come, but my point was that they should have been here earlier actually.

Which careers though? Because they've given us Doctor, Scientist, Business, Athletic, Gardener and politician in patches and packs, and they were all highly requested basic careers.

The only one I could think of is education. Which would be perfect in a university pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png