March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What we like to see in The sims 5 [LONG THREAD+PICS!]

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I change my mind. I'm open to this but only if I can actually use the crosses to crucify sims. might as well take this train to the last stop since we're here.
    6riwm5.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There may not be an S5. If S4 is so bad and players are so unhappy with it, why continue for another three or more years? Why not stop S4 and start S5 all new and shiny the way players think that S5 should be? But remember, we thought S4 would be better than S3 and look what happened.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    If/when Sims 5 comes out I want either open world or open neighborhood. I want firefighters, burglars, and police. School buses all to come back in the base game.
    I want Education or a school game pack
    I also want Preteens in base game if they can't bring it to this game.
    Bigger worlds like Sims 2 but with 4 section neighborhoods like 8 houses when one neighborhood and its an open neighborhood.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I really, really want to see the return of getting to pick your sim's favorite color, food and music. As well as their zodiac sign. It doesn't really have to have any impact on the actual cameplay, or it could just be tiny little things. I'd also like a "least favorite" thing, like color and food, so that if the sim eats it or is around it they get a bad moodlet.

I just miss the little things from The Sims 2. I think nostalgia plays a huge part in how much better The Sims 5 could be.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I truthfully don’t think open world will ever come back since they’re catering to all types of computers. However, open neighborhoods should definitely be a possibility since they’ve already sort of implemented it.

Basic Weather
    Rain, snow, & wind....add festivals and specific activities in a Seasons pack. But permanent sun for two years? No thanks.

REAL BABIES AGAIN
    Not tied to cribs, being able to learn how to crawl, strollers, etc. More unique looking, can create and edit in CAS.

Traits, Aspirations, Etc.
    They should have meaning. Traits should actually effect the way our Sims live their daily lives and interact with people.

And that’s all for now, I definitely have more but can’t think of the rest at the moment haha. 😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• susazsusaz Posts: 56 Member
    A great topic, here's what I'd like to see in the sims 5 :smile:

- What I dislike above all is unnecessary loading screens so hopefully the open world is back in the Sims 5.
    - Being able to fast-forward in high speed is important too.
    - Even more options in customizing your sim. For example I'd like my sim to be able to have huge eyelashes because they can make a big difference :grin:
    - More realistic graphics. Some of the simmers have made amazing and very realistic skins so I'm hoping the game creators could do the same.
    - No stuff packs please :grin:
    - My favorite expansion pack was probably open for business for sims 2, so I'd love to have it in sims 5.
    - And of course everything from the sims 3 that the sims 4 doesn't have.

What completely new things would people like to see in the sims 5? I heard some would like a superhero expansion pack :grin:
  • susazsusaz Posts: 56 Member
    It would also be awesome if we could build lots that are two lot types at once. For example, I wanted to build a market that on the first level was retail, and the retail owners lived on the second level above their businesses. AND it would be so amazing if we had the option to build apartments and have an apartment complex and make a profit from having tenants. Or maybe a museum and retail lot together, since most museums have gift shops. Also having Cats and Dogs expansion is cool, but it would be great to include other animals and be able to interact with them- like in the vacation packs be able to interact with snakes, crocodiles, wolves, bears, etc.

Love the idea of wolves and bears! :grin:
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    I just want my open world to be back, bigger and better than TS 3
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Random thought, but this painting came into mind as I opened this thread.
    I Saw the Figure 5 in Gold
    Fig%20Five.jpg
    Charles Demuth
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Fig%20Five.jpg
    Charles Demuth

Is it a painting in the sims 4 game you mean?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think what matters the most to me in a Sims game is the sims having charm and personality and good AI. Sims 2 was the only Sims game that gave me that, and no other Sims game has fully given me that yet. I loved the challenge and details from that game still.

I want the charming Sims, the reactive AI, and detailed content like that again.

I don’t care about open world as such like many other simmers do. Beautiful big worlds did nothing for me when I disliked the Sims themselves and still have to use mods to create home businesses and restaurants that work, etc...

I just want my Sims alive again, and want detailed stuff like good retail and home businesses and working restaurants and other awesome community lots.

So, yeah, nothing else really matters to me.

Sure, you can give me big beautiful and “realistic” worlds and “realistic” graphics all you want, but I would still not be satisfied unless the Sims themselves were up to par and charming, and my playstyle was still supported.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Didn't write something for a long time, but I had some little features i would love to get in The sims 5 to get a more realistic feel and connection with your sims and their lifes. I feel the devs cut everything where they didnt feel it would add something into our game, but little did they know these things MAKE the actual Sims game for us and create our different stories. Here's what I came up with:

Moving out/in in actual gameplay (incl. cut out scenes)
    Those little cut out scenes we got in The sims 2 were adorable! I for one loved it when your sims could actually call a cap, get in the there and drive off to their new house. It is really bad that in The sims 4 there is no actual moving out feature other then going back to the neighbourhood screen and do it from the panel. It cuts all the feels out and families do not get to say goodbye to the moving out member and see them walking/driving off the lot on to their new adventure. There is also no mood let involved in it and I think this is one of the missing features we need back!
    And then when the goodbye ceremony was done, your sim would arrive at their new bought/rented house and they would walk into their new home. It was EVERYTHING to me and I need this back. The driving off the lot, arriving in a the new home and checking out the new home added so much realism and it really made ME feel I moved in a new home. i think the sims 5 should be all about connecting to our games more. With virtual gaming, it is what the game industry is heading to, so cutting into those feelings like they did with The sims 4, does not make any sense to me. We need to connect with our sims as if we are living them.

House for sale/rent notice
    I would love to see these for sale boards in the garden of empty houses, so sims could walk by and suddenly get a hunch to move in there or not.
    if1h08.jpg

It's not about a new way to know which lots are empty or not, but it makes the gameplay more interesting and realistic. Sometimes you will be surprised that your neighbours moved out and you see the sign out while jogging in the neighbourhood. I think that adds new life into your sims stories and daily life. For rent apartments could have these papers on the window.
    2n6u7nk.jpg

You could just simply click on the board to make a call and move to that place too. No need to go to the neighbourhood to know what's going on right in front of your nose.

* A new job as an estate agent could be added with this too. We need more basic jobs and this one would be one I could use a lot with my regular sims. I missed this job in the sims series and it's not a job that you don't see that often as well.

When you sims decide to move out through their phone or PC, they will drive off and arrive at their new home. You could throw a goodbye party for any occasion like moving out, going off to college/uni or whatever. This Goodbye party is just another type of party through the event menu (something like what we have now). We seriously need more options on the social event list anyway, so at least bring these to The sims 5.
    When your sims passes by a house or nice apartment and they want to take a peek or tour in their possible new home or even work space, they could click on the for sale/for rent board and click on the option 'Get tour' instead of directly clicking on 'Move in'. You will be directed to the lot. And please let us set times for any event/appointments, so not directly! Sometimes we just don't have the time for immediate actions.
    Anyway, your sim will be directed to the lot whenever you desire and they arrive their with whoever they invited to join and the estate agent who leads them into the house for quick tour. You get a notification of the amount of rooms, bathrooms etc. of the house and you get to walk through the house or follow the estate agent that shows your the inside of the house. It's a nice way to check the inside of a house before having to move in. It is not realistic that we move in a house, don't like it and then go back or not save the game. The sims is not about that, the sims is about experiencing our sims life and walk through it together with them. Cutting these things out, cause they wouldn't matter, only shows the misunderstanding of a sims game to me. It is the only game we get these 'pointless' little things and create stories from them to share.

Realistic priced bills
    They need to get realistic and not be decided upon the amount of stuff you own or the size of your house. I tried so many times to save some money by not watching the tv etc. and the fact that this didnt change the price of the bill, cuts into my realism of this game and my sims life. I dislike it and it cuts into the choices I want to make, cause the game simply won't let me add a meaning to them. Bills should be determined on the time sims spend on their electronic devices, lights and maybe a little bit about the size of their home since heating a home etc is also connected to that. In the end, I want it to be realistic so we get to expand out choices and stories even further.

Ok can't think of anything now. i had some ideas in mind the last few weeks, but could only remember these for now. Maybe they will come forward a little bit later. Keep the thread up guys :) I love where it is going!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member

Charles Demuth

No. I just remember the painting from long ago and was reminded of it.
    Like I said, random thought. :)

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    BIG WORLDS.
    Lu4ERme.gif

Charles Demuth

No. I just remember the painting from long ago and was reminded of it.
    Like I said, random thought. :)

Ah ok, I was almost getting ready to get on the hype train again :D
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Yes I love this post! A few things I think should be included so the game feels more dynamic-

-Neighborhood/World dynamics such as basic weather (including clouds, rain, and maybe snow), buildings around town being slowly constructed or burnt down, and plenty of objects for sims to interact with.

-NPCs that are generated very basically that get more complicated and their personality more defined if your sim interacts with them. That way some sims become more prominent and interesting in your game while the sims you ignore get culled.

-Events that happen around the world, at venues, and at home for sims to interact in and make decisions that result in benefits or consequences. (Examples; a fight between two neighbors, a bank/store robbery, searching for treasure, etc. and more could be added with every expansion) Some events only occur if if your sim meets certain requirements.

-Skill Trees and Career Trees instead of a straight line of levels 1-10. Example; a cooking skill tree would focus on a sim’s cooking skill but have additional branches for baking, artisanal cooking, candy making, etc. including skills added with expansions. Similarly, a career would offer multiple branches requiring promotions or interviews to move up as you choose your sim’s niche in a career.

-Advanced build mode options including landings/individual room heights, options for material, texture, and color for walls, floors, roofs, etc. and option to change the size and exact placement of most objects, doors, and windows. As well as separate assets for most buyable objects (examples: counters with cabinet options separated from counter tops, bed frame options separated from mattress/linen options) so simmers can mix and match and have more options for furnishing homes!

-3rd person camera/controls to focus on individual sims and directly control them! (This would be amazing for exploring neighborhoods or even some type of mini-game style activities like races or boxing)

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Isn't this cool! In RDR2 you can actually follow an NPC around all day. They don't just poof into thin air but actually live their own lives. Granted they do the same things every day but it's still impressive.
    I have the game but haven't started playing yet but I'm definitely going to check it out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rockstarintel.com/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-red-dead-redemption-2-npc/amp/

Think this would be a good idea for Sims 5?
    Isn't this cool! In RDR2 you can actually follow an NPC around all day. They don't just poof into thin air but actually live their own lives. Granted they do the same things every day but it's still impressive.
    I have the game but haven't started playing yet but I'm definitely going to check it out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rockstarintel.com/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-red-dead-redemption-2-npc/amp/

Think this would be a good idea for Sims 5?

Oh heck yes! This should all be a part of storytelling where everything is connected and every little choice you make influences everything and everyone. The wonder of the universe! This should be the main idea of The sims 5 when it comes to how important every little thing you do is. It gives more meaning to your game and the sims along with their meaningful personalities influence and get influenced in ways that suits their character and life road. The sims should become more alive!
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    So... what do I want in Sims 5?

- Open World
    - Story progression, this also applies to NPC sims autonomously breeding new sims and autonomously moving to other homes which sims 3 lacked on (Idea's from NRAAS story progression).
    - disasters not being TOO rare, slight buff on the chances unless we get the option to set the chances for it to happen.
    - First person view support so I can see through the sims eyes and observe what they are doing. :)
    - VR Support. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

For the base game I want:

- Not necessarily open world but open neighbourhoods for sure
    - Full control of the worlds, being able to design them and place lots, roads, hills etc
    - Basic weather (rain, wind, and sun) and sims obviously aware of the weather
    - Sims more aware of their surroundings in general. Getting weirded out by a toilet in the kitchen, reacting properly to what's around them
    - Sims to have memory. So like in TS2 for example, if a sim fights with another, they don't want to have a friendly conversation afterwards, they need a time to cool down
    - Traits really affecting their lives and their relationships
    - Sims to have quirks, likes, dislikes, and such
    - An attraction system and being able to choose if a sim is into the opposite sex, their own, both, or neither
    - A preteen lifestage where they can already have innocent boyfriends/girlfriends
    - One way relationships so they can have crushes on other sims and not be reciprocated. Same for friendship. A sim can really like to hang out with another that doesn't particularly care for that sim
    - A noticeable difference between the YA and the adult stage
    - Aliens need to be base game
    - Same goes for NPCs such as burglars, police, firefighters, food delivery, services, etc
    - Having the posibility to have story progression or not. Being able to choose so the game caters to a multitude of players
    - Toggles in general, I want to be able to customise my game as much as possible (choosing how many days each life stage lasts, and much more)
    - The club system should become a staple of the franchise and come with the next base game
    - Same goes for the calendar and event planner
    - Build mode to come with terrain tools and ponds, a similar building system as TS4 but more fully fleshed out
    - If not a colour wheel, at least really matching basic colours and triple the amount of swatches that we get now. In TS4 no white is the same white for example and it's frustrating
    - More love for the elderly stage
    - The phases from parenthood and new ones should be base game next time. For kids and teens
    - Teens to be easy to differentiate from YA and have special teen aspirations
    - Kids to talk less and play more (TS4 kids are great in many ways but basically all the interactions they have with each other are just talking)
    - More love for babies
    - Better genetics system
    - a good family tree system
    - Inheritance
    - Funerals and cementeries

I have a lot more but I should stop already :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2018
    I want an option to upgrade a mattress for any bedframe, so if I buy the cheapest bed, when I have enough money I don't have to buy the same "best stats" bed. I can just "upgrade" in build mode in exchange for some cash. That should apply for all things with stats, if I want a certain look in the bathroom I can get the "bad" toilet and upgrade it (and I'm taking about upgrading the stats on it, like from build mode, not the in gameplay version of upgrade, that could/ should still be possible for extra goodness).

I'd like basic weather, like some light rain or similar. Doesn't have to be very fleshed out just there. I think a simple version of cats and dogs could be included as well.

More lifestates, like in TS3. There is an option not to play with them for people who don't like them but if they aren't included at all, people who enjoy playing with them are left out in the cold.

I'd like it to be more like sims 3 with open world. Or at the very least where I can send a sim to the park for example, without me having to go with them, so I can focus on the sims left in the house.

I like the music in TS1 so I'd love, if possible, for some of that to be included.

I'd like the fleshed out stories of the townies like in TS2, with work, skills, relationships like romances, friendships and feuds to fill the neighbourhood. Just give them some life, they are so flat in TS4.

The gameplay of TS3, like how every pack build of each other, they are so integrated. How unplanned stuff occurs, boyfriend asks you to move in etc, just some more randomness. Not everything should depend on me or my input. It goes flat and uninteresting real quick. I'd also prefer the wishes for TS3 compared to TS4 whims. They are more accurate, specific and catered towards that specific sim.
    If you have two sims with the exact same traits in TS3, they would be very different still just based on their wishes. In TS4 all sims are very similar if you go by whims, and not just because of how much it all ties with their emotions.

I love build/ buy mode in TS4, I think that is the best part of the game. I never enjoyed building in previous games but TS4 is so intuitive ;) that it makes it much more fun. So I'd like a possible future TS5 to have the same base for that.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • ArmoireArmoire Posts: 14 New Member
    I'd like to see a big leap forward in the AI of the sims, kind of like how the mood system was the major step from Sims 3 to Sims 4. There's a lot of interest in machine learning and stuff at the moment, which I think will only grow with time, so if that were to be a major selling point I think it would generate a lot of attention. Considering the Sims is the first thing brought to mind when considering concepts like the "Simulation hypothesis," it would be a shame if the franchise wasn't keeping up with these sorts of technological advances.

As to how a more advanced sim AI would play out in the actual game, I'm not sure, but my first thought is a much more robust and dynamic memory system. Like instead of picking from different traits as the sim ages up, perhaps they might earn traits based on their memories. I guess it would be similar to previous games where the sims traits/attributes are randomized if they have a bad childhood, but they should be more dependent on specific memories. So for example, if a sim experiences a lot of embarrassment as a child or teen they might get the "neurotic" trait and tend to dwell on those type of memories. But then maybe there should be a gradient as to how much of that trait that they have, so they might meditate or something to keep it in check (as in it shows up less frequently, not just addressing it as it occurs), but likewise there should be behaviors that worsen it, such as having a low social for a long period of time. And then positive memory traits might work the same way, a sim could be very driven and have an "ambitious" trait from learning a lot of skills or doing well in school or something early on, and so instead of dwelling on the past they might spend more time thinking about the future which reduces energy expenditure, but if they spend a long period of time without learning or advancing in some way then the positive benefits of that trait are reduced (but still present and can be reignited).

I don't necessarily want this specific implementation, I was just trying to illustrate one way in which I think it's possible to make the sim AI more advanced with a goal of more unexpected and emergent gameplay. The one way I can think of at the moment is by making each trait a gradient and introducing a memory system that will interact with those traits. But I have little idea how that all works under the hood and would love to see some new approach to sim AI that I hadn't even considered. I just don't want them all to seem so similar and predictable.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    The problem I've noticed with the Sims community is there are at least two different types of players who are looking for very different types of features. The first it the sandbox player and the second the challenge player.

The sandbox players don't want anything unexpected happening to their sims, they want complete control of their game. The challenge players get bored from having complete control and want more of the unexpected to keep game play interesting.

So my idea for Sims 5 is to have the main game be more unexpected (unplanned births, tragic deaths, maybe even natural disasters). But like many simulation games I've played, they could include a sandbox mode where none of those things would happen, the simmer would have complete control of their story. Might make everyone most simmers happy.

Also, open neighborhoods would be a nice combo of open world with Sims 4 playable destinations. Sims 3 open world was fun, but a lot of destinations were rabbit holes and I like joining my sims in restaurants and spas.
    Some small big changes i like to change the whole base game of The sims 5:

- Memories of every single sim (TS2 style). We can check back what our sims did in the passed when we open up a save after a long time along with memorial pictures of that moment that will be shoot automatically for us (or we can do it ourself). Also to spy on new sims in our lifes :p Being able to share these memories with other sims and get reactions, remind them in a diary or memorize them while composing, writing or painting to get inspired etc. Memories should also get more effect on futuristic lives if we intent them to.

- ON/OFF buttons for everything. Supernaturals, random deaths, aging up (per household by clicking on the household), Free will, sims moving in empty houses, gender preferences in CAS, storytelling in scales (Off, basic, alive or detailed), drama in the same scales too. Basic storytelling would be: Almost nothing would happen in town, just regular day-to-day life for townies and date/break up. Alive storytelling would add: Sims would actually get married/divorced and move in/out for that reason and have children. Detailed storytelling would add: pregnancy without marriage, sims will change jobs if necessary as well as getting promoted/demoted, sims will move out faster when hitting YA stage.
    Basic drama would add: crushes on other sims. Alive drama would add: asking sims out on a date and throw fitting parties. Detailed drama would add: sims will fight (especially in bars/clubs), cheat (frequently if matching to their traits), have enemies, pregnancy after one-night stand, move out after big fights/bad break-ups, pull tricks in other sims and feuds.

- Stats of gameplay like financial income/outcome. Separating bank accounts (useful when sims are roommates!) etc.

* Will update this later on :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial Having for sale signs outside of empty houses would be awesome. Maybe Sims could view an empty house before moving in?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg