Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would you like to see cars back in the sims4?

hello to all simmers this poll is to ask if you would love to see cars back in the sims4
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

would you like to see cars back in the sims4? 130 votes

yes
65%
pookysimsloverTheStarHermitalan650111aprilrosedavidp0418BonjourwomanAyradyssGoodywoodCynnaSuRihtanilfriendlysimmersElegantblkchina1JestTruluthienrisingGoeguRoboSpongiealanmichael1Sjofncatloverplayertonymcanally 85 votes
No
26%
DannydanboJaseErja888PlayerSinger2010Writin_RegAnmirlainvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83lal8626Briel24PapayaSkyxx8lobo8xxmistwolf7Lemon405NetzspannungSimmerMarsMaggieMarleyJackOnYourBackdomina89LiELF 35 votes
others (*please post
7%
redrogue60TWSimGamer82Bagoas77AlbaWaterhouseLatinaBunnyMovottiKathykinsEnkiSchmidtjames64468TheGoodOldGamer 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    No
    The game's never going to be open world, and I don't see the point of cars without that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    yes
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    The game's never going to be open world, and I don't see the point of cars without that.

Sims 2 wasn't an open world and it had cars.
  • Options
    yes
    hello to all simmers this poll is to ask if you would love to see cars back in the sims4

Yes cars and swimmable oceans are what I want more then anything.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No
    I absolutely could not care less about cars.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    others (*please post
    I really don't think the developers have allowed for their addition.
    In ts2, lots were positioned against roads in a way that allowed for driveways to be snapped in place, allowing cars to come and go from the home lot.
    In ts4, many lots aren't near a road. Where would you put a car or driveway?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    only if the cars are flying and allow me to commit numerous crimes
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    No
    hyrulerose wrote: »

Sims 2 wasn't an open world and it had cars.

That doesn't change the fact that I personally don't think they would add much to the game without open world.
  • Options
    SimzStarzSimzStarz Posts: 70 Member
    yes
    Cars would be awesome
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    others (*please post
    Yes if we can tinker, run a garage, enter races or do other interesting things with them. Essentially they should be like the rocket ship, only with more normal chance cards.

No if they are just for going from A to B.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    yes
    i believe it's probably not possible to drive them anywhere which really bites, but some cool looking cars would be nice to have in the driveway or tinker with as enkimidt said.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    others (*please post
    Don’t really care. It’s just a thing with wheels that take your sims from Point A to Point B. Eh.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited September 2018
    yes
    Yeah! and another type of transportations too... if only they can ride the existing tram or the steamboat.. it will be awesome!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    others (*please post
    I wouldn't mind a car to place on a lot to 'fix' or 'mod out', making use of the handiness skill or whatever. Maybe even a workbench to go with it or something. But I couldn't care less about using them for actual transportation or anything. My Sim has a high enough Wellness skill to teleport and I use the map to instantly travel places, which I prefer.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    yes
    Don’t really care. It’s just a thing with wheels that take your sims from Point A to Point B. Eh.

It also gives us yet another woohoo location. That was one of my favorite woohoo places in TS2.
  • Options
    yes

It also gives us yet another woohoo location. That was one of my favorite woohoo places in TS2.

i knew there was another reason that i voted yes. ;)
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    others (*please post
    I would have liked cars but this isn't an open world so their usefulness is quite limited.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    yes
    Yes I'd love for them to return right along with the school bus and other npc vehicles.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    yes
    Movotti wrote: »
    In ts2, lots were positioned against roads in a way that allowed for driveways to be snapped in place, allowing cars to come and go from the home lot.

sims disappear when they go anywhere. What makes you think they wouldnt just pop in a car like that and the car just appears on the nearest road?
  • Options
    yes
    Movotti wrote: »

sims disappear when they go anywhere. What makes you think they wouldnt just pop in a car like that and the car just appears on the nearest road?

ooo, i love that idea! wonder if it's possible?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    others (*please post

Oh, yeah, lol! I barely have my Sims woohoo outside of the bed or showers, so I forgot about that. I also barely had any room for cars in any sims games (and my Sims carpool, taxi, or teleport), so that could be another reason why, haha.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    No
    I actually don't really want cars because I like to play Sims from different eras. When the cars are in the background they're easy to ignore, but I could see the roads getting patched and tweaked to accommodate cars if they came, which would completely change the town environments to look more modern. I especially love that places like Forgotten Hollow have no cars or roads at all.

But if cars could be done in a pack, I could just not get the pack. But, like I said, I think the devs would do a game overhaul to put roads in where there weren't any before and I just don't really want that.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    yes
    @LiELF if you wanted to use the car as a woohoo spot or to time travel would you find a use for them then?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    No
    @LiELF if you wanted to use the car as a woohoo spot or to time travel would you find a use for them then?

Sure, sometimes I could. I mean, I wouldn't get angry if cars were added, unless they caused all kinds of problems. I basically expect them to be added at some point. I just prefer to have a Sims game that's neutral enough to let the player decide what timeline they want to be in. Of course, cell phones kind of make that very difficult, haha. But cars would probably come in a separate pack anyway.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    yes
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I would have liked cars but this isn't an open world so their usefulness is quite limited.

TS2 had closed worlds and it had cars.
  • Options
    SimnoobsieSimnoobsie Posts: 26 Member
    yes
    I want them but mostly just to have more options of what to put in driveways. All though, it would be kind of cool if our sims could build like kit cars that we could put in the driveway for show. I wouldn't be upset if we could have our sims drive off in them either though.
    Find me on Instgram @simnoobsie for all of my builds.
    For full, inside/out images of my builds go to Imgur. User name Simnoobsie