Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stories following TS3, The Sims, TS2 Timeline?

Hi guys!
I was wondering if anyone has written or knows of stories that have tried to adhere to (even loosely) the timeline of events from the first three games?

I love reading different versions of how the pre-made Sims lives played out in other people's games, and today I realized I don't think I've seen stories that start in TS3 and set the scene for those characters in TS2.

I think it would be really cool to have a story that begins in the mid-50's with TS3's Sunset Valley, then continues to TS2's Pleasantview (possibly using a custom world and Sims if you wanted to play straight through with the same TS3 Sims/families you started with). You'd meet the original The Sims characters in the '80s and '90s, then the TS2 characters in the 2000s.

This would obviously be quite the undertaking - as such it might be cool to start a project where different Simmers play out and tell the stories of different families through the decades. In that case, Simmers could also share what Store Content/CC and the Sims they're using to add some continuity with the background characters, if they wanted to.

Thoughts? Just a fun idea I had :smiley:
From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Wow, have you seen any of my videos? Season 2 follows that timeline. I'm starting the sequel now, which will explore Bella, Mortimer, Cassandra, Don Lothario, Dina and Nina Caliente's story!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/924117/cornelia-agnes-the-destiny-of-erik-darling-season-finale-is-posted/p1
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    Cool! I'll check them out. I haven't ventured into the world of Sim videos much yet :smile:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    Bumping this thread as I'm now working on a world to host the TS1 and TS2 neighborhoods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/966693/wip-the-sims-the-sims-2-neighbourhoods

I've also been puzzling out the history of how the timeline could make sense and recreating Sims from the original games, resurrecting ancestors, etc. I plan to eventually make a sort-of story out of it, probably in a format that is mainly screenshots and some vague paragraphs on the "history".
    I'm starting in the 1920s with the Goths (Victor, Gretle and son Gunther) and Crumplebottoms (Simon, Prudence and daughters Cornelia and Agnes) in the "Old Country". By the late '30s they move to Sunset Valley (TS3) and they live there through the '50s. Old Town (TS1) is being built up during that time, prompting the creation of Neighborhood 1 where Gunther's son Mortimer and his wife Bella move to start their family in the late '70s/early '80s. Around this time, the Burbs move to a farm in Old Town and the Pleasants move to Neighborhood 1. Bob and Betty Newbie move in in the late '80s and they have a daughter, Brandi. The '90s and early 2000s set up for Pleasantview (TS2). I plan for it to end around 2005; approximately when The Sims 2 would start following Bella Goth's disappearance.