Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the hermit in Granite Falls

My sims were vacationing in Granite Falls, got caught in a thunder storm, and sought shelter in the hermit's cabin. Just wanted to share a few pictures of the hermit in my current save. Until now, the hermits I've come across were elderly and always looked a bit sad. This one is such a character, buff, and has his own, unique style. I found this one amusing as he slipped and fell four times walking across the same mud puddle, got so dirty that he had to take a shower. When I saw what he was wearing after he showered, it just made me chuckle. I tried to get my sims to become friends with him but he was so preoccupied with other stuff that they barely got to talk and then the vacation ended. I think I will have to visit again and see what he's up to. Oh, and his name is Izaiah Curry :)
[url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/IZxy35Q.png[/img]"]IZxy35Q.png[/url]
[url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/O6vlUwh.png[/img]"]O6vlUwh.png[/url]
[url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/uxgwQpd.png[/img]"]uxgwQpd.png[/url]

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If you make friends with him, you won't have to go out to his place, he'll come to visit you. Every time my sim made friends with the hermit, it always happened that way.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    most of the time the hermit is an elder, but i've noticed on occasion they can be adults instead. the hermit i've had for a few years now is an adult named poppy mcarthur and she's even gone so far as to become a scientist after my main household befriended her. was quite a surprise to send a sim to the lab for work and spot the hermit there in a lab coat dumping potions all over all the plants there

she also likes to show up at parks and dump the potions all over nearby harvestable plants, too. and has become quite a regular at one of the nightclubs, as well. (and the nice thing is there's a hidden achievement for managing to bring a hermit back into society. which i believe triggers when you reach friend or good friend status and manage to invite them to another lot)

your hermit's mohawk kind of surprises me, though. and i like his attitude on clothing choices. "eh, it's comfortable. i don't care"
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I think I've seen previous hermits out in the parks dumping potions on plants, but I've never seen one take on a career before. That's interesting, I will keep an eye out for Izaiah and see if he does anything. I've befriended hermits before as part of the herbalist aspiration, but I've never thought to go beyond that.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Haha, thanks for sharing this cool character! :smiley:

I once had a Sim get pregnant with a hermit's baby when she was on vacation in Granite Falls. Their son is called Fox and he's always had a bit of his father's wildness to him. :smiley: When he was a kid he didn't ever meet his father the hermit, but then his half-sister hired the hermit to work at her restaurant as a host. I always like to think he took the job so that he could try to get to know his son better, even though he was an old man by then.
  • LightningSparxLightningSparx Posts: 13 New Member
    I need to visit the Hermit more often... such a beautiful hidden away area. I love the secret places in the game. The Hermit's baby, now thats a campfire story :wink: How did you manage to hire him at your restaurant? I've deleted the random "not in world" sims several times and can never get the unplayed sims I've downloaded from the gallery which I've left in the Not In World section.