Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is the WORST Sims 4 Pack? Your Opinion

Comments

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other
    I have to agree with the many others on this - My First Pet doesn't seem worth it AT ALL. I don't own it, but I've read reviews, and while the hamster cages do seem cool, there's no way I'm blowing $10 on that pack when it clearly looks like it was carved out of Cats and Dogs. Maybe if it drops to 50% off, I'll consider it, but not at full price. Close second to me is the Kids Room Stuff pack...

@Chesney Actually, Romantic Garden adds some pretty nice content. I just nabbed it since it's on sale right now for $5, and I quite like the new Wishing Well, even if it seems to be possessed by the devil 90% of the time. Otherwise, the new plants it adds are fantastic and quite colorful, and the statuary is pretty nice too for making backyard gardens or parks. The giant fountain is kinda meh though, it doesn't really add much to the game except a place to sit and somewhere for Sims to puddle splash that isn't a puddle, but it's pretty.

@superkyle221 The reason people haven't said Laundry Day is because a.) it was the community's choice for most requested pack when Maxis did a voting event to pick the next stuff pack's content, and b.) laundry is kind of a big deal for making the game feel like a simulation of reality. You may personally not like the added work it adds, but something as mundane as clothing piles and having to wash clothes does go a long way to give us a very good layer of life to the game.
    Post edited by TheGreatGorlon on
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other
    My first pet stuff pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Other
    Luxury Party for SURE - to me, it gave us next to nothing. I actually bought it and asked for a refund in exchange for uninstalling it. Then when it was 50% off recently I bought it just to complete the collection.

I would have said MFPS because I was holding a grudge against it needing Pets to use all the items. After buying it (also at half off) I actually find myself using a lot of the objects and such... it's not a bad pack, but just a bad idea to release a stuff pack that has features that only unlock with an additional expansion.

This is such an interesting post though, it's very telling of how unique one person's gameplay/style preferences are from others.
  • gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    Spooky Stuff
    Idk.... there are definitely some packs I don't use as much as others, but the collector in me enjoys having everything and supporting the game. So while I don't LOVE every pack, I just don't feel good calling anything bad, or the worst. Especially since it's all up to us as consumers anyway. But that's just how I feel, I respect everyone's opinions. :)
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Other
    MFPS hands down. That pack was a super lazy, blatant money grab with barely anything of interest in it. Spooky Stuff would be second worse because it's not even memorable. I forget the objects that came with the pack and that it was even a pack in the first place.
  • akinatsukana28akinatsukana28 Posts: 10 New Member
    Movie Hangout Stuff
    I voted for Movie hangout stuff but it was a hard pick between that and bowling night stuff pack.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Other
    @TheGreatGorlon I still say it's the worst stuff pack, whether or not you agree. I like realism, but I also like entertainment - the laundry pack is realistic but not entertaining. I'm not saying all of the other stuff packs are great, but they've done a better job on marrying the two components.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other
    Well, in general I'd say My First Pet Stuff, because it requires another pack, and most items are hideous. But I actually use it a lot more than Luxury Party and Cool Kitchen, so for me those are worst.
  • xoSnowyOwlxoxoSnowyOwlxo Posts: 29 Member
    Other
    I find quite a few of the packs a bit underwhelming, certainly not worth the full asking price - but I have to say My First Pet Stuff is what immediately came to mind when I saw this poll haha. I just can't justify paying any price for things that would have been a free patch in S3 and S2 - it's clear that it was a cash grab, and I'm not impressed with that by any means. I will say I do love Spooky Stuff, although it seems unpopular on here, but I adore Halloween so I think I have a bias. Even then, though, Spooky Stuff's contents could have easily been apart of the Seasons EP...
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    Other
    My First Pet Stuff. I think everyone knows why... :/
  • PlumbobsholiestPlumbobsholiest Posts: 22 Member
    Other
    My first pet suf period !!
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other
    Come on, we all know it's my first pet stuff.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Other
    Followed closely by Laundry day and Spooky stuff.

Which is followed closely by literally every stuff pack.
  • yowutupdoeyowutupdoe Posts: 18 Member
    Vintage Glamor Stuff
    vintage stuff just didnt do it for me that was my first EVER sims 4 pack i ever bought (because i was broke at the time) and i was soo bored of it that i stopped playing the sims for a while till i got more awsome packs(which made the game WAY better)
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Bowling Night
    Just thinking about bowling... all the noise and people smells that go with that kind of setting... makes me cringe.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other
    My First Pet Stuff & Luxury Party Stuff

Oh, and spooky stuff because I'm not really a Halloween person (we don't celebrate it where I'm from) :'D
  • ErwyleErwyle Posts: 17 Member
    Spooky Stuff
    Spooky Stuff because there's no there there... :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Vintage Glamor Stuff
    For me it was Vintage Glamor Stuff Pack, I know a lot of people like it, but I never, ever build mansions. The CAS items are not that great looking and I knew the sims dev team could not make a butler that works, they can never get service sims right.

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Spooky Stuff
    Spooky Day stuff almost never makes an appearance in my games, although it's brought out occasionally now thanks to Seasons.

I actually get a lot of use out of the My First Pet items, especially when decorating kids' rooms. That's no excuse for cutting the content from Cats & Dogs, of course.
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Other
    I find it strange that MFP Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff both weren't listed. Those would be my votes.
  • SimsbiosisSimsbiosis Posts: 24 Member
    My first Pet. A DLC from a DLC is a non sense for me.
    Killing Sims and building houses since 2000. [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

firmaforosims.jpg

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2019
    Bowling Night
    It used to be bowling night but now it's My First Pet.

In my opinion, the fact that you have to buy Cats And Dogs to use this pack is moot. Most people have cats and dogs, and if you didn't have cats and dogs why'd you want this? What gets me is that half the stuff should have been in Cats and Dogs but was pulled out, and the other half is pathetically low effort - decals, rugs, and wallpapers are not indicative of skill, and neither are t-shirts.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Walrus2096Walrus2096 Posts: 89 Member
    Other
    I know My First Pet is a popular one to hate on, but I haven't bought it so I don't have much of an opinion. I recently bought Toddler Stuff on sale though and I was SO disappointed! I had really been wanting some more CAS items for toddlers, but the items in the pack are really unattractive. It was cheap, at least :/
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Other
    My First Pet Stuff and Luxury Party are definitely the worst.
    Spooky Stuff and Cool Kitchen are pretty bad too.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Other
    Luxury Party stuff was terrible. It was totally lacking in CAS and Build Mode items.
    Proud simmer