Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Archieonic wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don’t know.
    Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is sliding 10.6% after its Q3 report, where bookings and adjusted profit fell short of consensus and the company cut full-year guidance on both metrics.

While digital revenues of $1.2B were mostly in line, packaged goods and other revenues of $410M fell well short of consensus for $527.7M.

Gross profit rose to $876M, up 33% Y/Y. Gross margin came in at 77.4%.

Net revenue breakout: Product, $552M (up 0.9%); Service and other, $737M (up 20.2%).

“Q3 was a difficult quarter for Electronic Arts and we did not perform to our expectations," says CEO Andrew Wilson. "We are now applying the strengths of our company to sharpen our execution and focus on delivering great new games and long-term live services for our players."

For Q4 it's guiding to net bookings of about $1.17B, below consensus for $1.75B.

It expects 2019 adjusted revenue of about $4.875B, down from a previous forecast for $5.2B, and sees adjusted EPS coming in at $3.85 vs. a prior $4.57.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3429897-electronic-arts-minus-10_6-percent-q3-miss-trimmed-guidance

The sims game has sold over a billion units. Nothing to indicate that’s the sims 4 alone. The wording says sims not the sims 4.

This is confusing because in a different thread they state TS4 made a billion dollars all by itself but this post here tells a different story. What is correct? because more money in the billions could mean a better TS5, or maybe even better content for TS4 pc version, but if it's just a billion units sold at $5 per unit (as we saw for about three months) then not so much money....I wonder what amount is correct and now if TS4 really did bring in $1 billion dollars as the other thread claims, which is relevant to this discussion of what they do or don't do for TS4 with all that money.

Yes indeed, and talks about possibly 20 EPs which at the current rate it'd take a freaking decade. I saw that thread too linking to its source and the comparison that The Sims as a franchise had brought in 2.5 billions in 2010 and The Sims 4 alone 1 billion. Information is far too scattered, but I guess at the end of the day it matters little if EAxis doesn't use the resources properly.

Yeah, if that amount was correct, then you wonder why they cut studios, lay off developers, and do the most work by less people. But I guess that's a dicussion for a different complaint. I thought they meant 20 more DLC and or packs mixed............meaning we may have just seen two or three of those 20 things already, like the free content yesterday would have been one, and that L z thing your Sim uses might have been one, etc. Doesn't mean there are going to be 20 packs does it? They like to parse words which has always drove me crazy. People should just use plain talk. lol Like someone pointed out that year would end in March 2020...o.k. then it means that 'year' has already started so we have to consider they may have already released 'some' of that 20 new DLC...(of their fiscal year)

Yup, so many questions, yet the way they talk is...ugh. I would not count yesterday though, that was IMO a lackluster patch and the bug fixing was rather miserable, if they count that they are even more nuts than I thought.

Well, free DLC would count, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    TS4 is by no means a lost cause and has improved immensely over the years. The problem is they released a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 base missing key features that all the other base games had, and that has forever stained this iteration in the minds of simmers.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    I don’t know.
    Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is sliding 10.6% after its Q3 report, where bookings and adjusted profit fell short of consensus and the company cut full-year guidance on both metrics.

While digital revenues of $1.2B were mostly in line, packaged goods and other revenues of $410M fell well short of consensus for $527.7M.

Net revenue breakout: Product, $552M (up 0.9%); Service and other, $737M (up 20.2%).

“Q3 was a difficult quarter for Electronic Arts and we did not perform to our expectations," says CEO Andrew Wilson. "We are now applying the strengths of our company to sharpen our execution and focus on delivering great new games and long-term live services for our players."

For Q4 it's guiding to net bookings of about $1.17B, below consensus for $1.75B.

It expects 2019 adjusted revenue of about $4.875B, down from a previous forecast for $5.2B, and sees adjusted EPS coming in at $3.85 vs. a prior $4.57.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3429897-electronic-arts-minus-10_6-percent-q3-miss-trimmed-guidance

The sims game has sold over a billion units. Nothing to indicate that’s the sims 4 alone. The wording says sims not the sims 4.

This is confusing because in a different thread they state TS4 made a billion dollars all by itself but this post here tells a different story. What is correct? because more money in the billions could mean a better TS5, or maybe even better content for TS4 pc version, but if it's just a billion units sold at $5 per unit (as we saw for about three months) then not so much money....I wonder what amount is correct and now if TS4 really did bring in $1 billion dollars as the other thread claims, which is relevant to this discussion of what they do or don't do for TS4 with all that money.

Yes indeed, and talks about possibly 20 EPs which at the current rate it'd take a freaking decade. I saw that thread too linking to its source and the comparison that The Sims as a franchise had brought in 2.5 billions in 2010 and The Sims 4 alone 1 billion. Information is far too scattered, but I guess at the end of the day it matters little if EAxis doesn't use the resources properly.

Yeah, if that amount was correct, then you wonder why they cut studios, lay off developers, and do the most work by less people. But I guess that's a dicussion for a different complaint. I thought they meant 20 more DLC and or packs mixed............meaning we may have just seen two or three of those 20 things already, like the free content yesterday would have been one, and that L z thing your Sim uses might have been one, etc. Doesn't mean there are going to be 20 packs does it? They like to parse words which has always drove me crazy. People should just use plain talk. lol Like someone pointed out that year would end in March 2020...o.k. then it means that 'year' has already started so we have to consider they may have already released 'some' of that 20 new DLC...(of their fiscal year)

Yup, so many questions, yet the way they talk is...ugh. I would not count yesterday though, that was IMO a lackluster patch and the bug fixing was rather miserable, if they count that they are even more nuts than I thought.

I don't view things like this patch as a DLC, but who knows if they do (I hope they do not) For me they are just patches, and if they include some free clothing or 2-3 objects, well cool lol.
    I don’t know.

I don't view things like this patch as a DLC, but who knows if they do (I hope they do not) For me they are just patches, and if they include some free clothing or 2-3 objects, well cool lol.

Here is the statement for their plans for The Sims (not sure it's just about TS4) but you can decide if they meant free content is included as part of that 20 drop of content and EPs.

'We continue to have strong expectations for The Sims going forward, and in FY20 we’re bringing at least 20 new content drops and expansion packs to our Sims games across PC, mobile and console. We plan to bring a lot of great new content to the passionate and growing player base in The Sims 4.'

ETA: Rereading it, it doesn't say just TS4 does it, it says 20 drops of content across all platforms.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don’t know.

Here is the statement for their plans for The Sims (not sure it's just about TS4) but you can decide if they meant free content is included as part of that 20 drop of content and EPs.

'We continue to have strong expectations for The Sims going forward, and in FY20 we’re bringing at least 20 new content drops and expansion packs to our Sims games across PC, mobile and console. We plan to bring a lot of great new content to the passionate and growing player base in The Sims 4.'

ETA: Rereading it, it doesn't say just TS4 does it, it says 20 drops of content across all platforms.

Still that is a large number to be dropping in less than 3 years. It's why I see longer than 3 more years - if you think about it. Also other games they spoke of new series or battles coming where as I did not see an inkling of such a mention for the Sims or Sims mobile.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I don’t know.

Still that is a large number to be dropping in less than 3 years. It's why I see longer than 3 more years - if you think about it.

Considering they parse words it could have meant if the TS4 PC versions gets an EP or whatever, that the console and mobile would also get that EP and that might count as three instead of one, if you see my meaning.? lol They included mobile and console in that 20 drop of content which could mean less than 20 if you count that also going to console and mobile as two more. lol
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don’t know.

Still that is a large number to be dropping in less than 3 years. It's why I see longer than 3 more years - if you think about it.

Considering they parse words it could have meant if the TS4 PC versions gets an EP or whatever, that the console and mobile would also get that EP and that might count as three instead of one, if you see my meaning.? lol They included mobile and console in that 20 drop of content which could mean less than 20 if you count that also going to console and mobile as two more. lol

Yeah - I guess we wait and see.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    I have tried and tried to like Sims 4. I've bought almost all of the DLC for it (I don't have the luxury party stuff, or the get famous EP and I refuse to ever buy the mfp stuff). I've played a lot. I feel like I have to get my money's worth out of it (good thing everything was bought on sale!).

That being said, I don't think Sims 4 will ever feel complete. I will not be buying any more for it though. One of the reasons why it will never feel complete is because they are breaking everything down into the tiniest pieces possible. It would take another 10+ years just to maybe have as much content as Sims 3 did in just 4 years.

I bought Pets for Sims 3 AFTER I bought and played Cats and Dogs for Sims 4. The difference is huge! Cats, dogs, horses, large birds, small birds, lizards, snakes, rodents, turtles, real raccoons, deer, and even a frickin' unicorn compared to cats, dogs, and a vet career. Oh, but wait, for $10 more you can have the rodents too. I would bet almost anything that they were going to release a lizard pack, a snake pack, a bird pack, a horse pack. All for $10 each. With at least another 3 years, they might still do that (although the horses would be kind of dumb in those tiny worlds).

I guess my point is that if you're someone that wants to spend 2 or 3 times as much money to make S4 feel at least as complete as S3, then S4 would need another decade or more. But for me, even if S4 had just as much content as S3, the Sims themselves are empty; and without a complete overhaul on the emotions system, they always will be no matter how many years S4 drags on for.

So, I don't need even 1 more year. Others might need 10 more years.

Completely done with EA

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don’t know.

I figure it must be that meaning. Sim Guru Kate has said there will be months with no content for pc.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I don’t know.

I was wondering that same thing. They may say 20 to make it sound like a large number, but might actually be fewer if they count each platform. Either way, it does appear as though TS4 will still be around for quite awhile. Of course, when they get close to the point of stopping development of TS4, they certainly aren't going to tell simmers, because sales for TS4 content will probably drop drastically.
    I don’t know.

I figure it must be that meaning. Sim Guru Kate has said there will be months with no content for pc.

What? Then how in the world (if the fiscal year from now to March 2020 has begun) are they going to release 20 drops of content in less than twelve months. I think we are right, it doesn't mean 20 different packs and free DLC but updates across all platforms.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    FY20 refers to the 12 month period ending March 2020. So not only would yesterday's content not be included it also indicates the 20 new content drops will happen during the next year. Doesn't say anything about the following 2 years.
    edited February 2019
    FY20 refers to the 12 month period ending March 2020. So not only would yesterday's content not be included it also indicates the 20 new content drops will happen during the next year. Doesn't say anything about the following 2 years.

I thought their fiscal year runs from April to March, (12 months) so you might be right, it hasn't started yet. Not concerned about the next two years after that, TS5 might be done by then or before, depends on what and how they are building it. A MMO might not take as long as a single player for pc game. A browser game might not take as long as four years. A console Sim stand alone might not take five years for a base. A VR game base might not be that hard if they plan on making it a live service game, too. Buy now, fix later.
    edited February 2019
    GemSixx wrote: »
    I have tried and tried to like Sims 4. I've bought almost all of the DLC for it (I don't have the luxury party stuff, or the get famous EP and I refuse to ever buy the mfp stuff). I've played a lot. I feel like I have to get my money's worth out of it (good thing everything was bought on sale!).

That being said, I don't think Sims 4 will ever feel complete. I will not be buying any more for it though. One of the reasons why it will never feel complete is because they are breaking everything down into the tiniest pieces possible. It would take another 10+ years just to maybe have as much content as Sims 3 did in just 4 years.

I bought Pets for Sims 3 AFTER I bought and played Cats and Dogs for Sims 4. The difference is huge! Cats, dogs, horses, large birds, small birds, lizards, snakes, rodents, turtles, real raccoons, deer, and even a frickin' unicorn compared to cats, dogs, and a vet career. Oh, but wait, for $10 more you can have the rodents too. I would bet almost anything that they were going to release a lizard pack, a snake pack, a bird pack, a horse pack. All for $10 each. With at least another 3 years, they might still do that (although the horses would be kind of dumb in those tiny worlds).

I guess my point is that if you're someone that wants to spend 2 or 3 times as much money to make S4 feel at least as complete as S3, then S4 would need another decade or more. But for me, even if S4 had just as much content as S3, the Sims themselves are empty; and without a complete overhaul on the emotions system, they always will be no matter how many years S4 drags on for.

So, I don't need even 1 more year. Others might need 10 more years.

Your comparison of Pets is just one of many examples of how TS4 has really cut corners in an effort to get content out quickly, but not complete or of good quality imo.

The example I always think of is how they actually did a good job with vampires in TS4. However, they did nothing with the rest of the supernaturals which left me feeling like something was missing. I waited to get Vampires so by the time I got it, most of the bugs were worked out, but I saw a lot of posts about problems with vampires when it was first released. Another example in my mind of how TS4 has been constantly laden with bugs and performance problems from the very beginning.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    I'm not a fan of The Sims 4 so more years are kinda torture for me but in the same time it gives me hope that they are listening specially us old players! If they take this time to work on an excellent base game for The Sims 5 so its worth it! But what I am saying? Its EA. Nothing against Maxis (simgurus). Its definitively EA the big problem and I maybe just should accept that this franchise died in 2013, in the way I know since the first game. Things changed, the game is not the same anymore, has a different soul, maybe new players enjoy this. I'm not! Maybe It's just time to face the reality. I'm old! What I wanted in the sequel of the previous games will never happen in The Sims 4, and I don't think it will happen in The Sims 5 eventually. I think maybe is time to say goodbye to this community. I will still playing The Sims 1, 2 and 3 and I will never forget how this game changed my life for good. Nowadays Its frustrating and sometimes I found myself arguing with people with half of my age or even more than that in social media... and I just think what the hell am I doing? This is something made for new players. The sims 3 was the cherry on top of the cake when it comes to evolution since the first game! It was the end of the chapter! The Sims 4 is the new "The Sims" for a new generation of people! A life simulation is just the reflection of current times... That cannot be changed.
    The Sims! It was good for a while, now I don't care anymore.
    I'm not a fan of The Sims 4 so more years are kinda torture for me but in the same time it gives me hope that they are listening specially us old players! If they take this time to work on an excellent base game for The Sims 5 so its worth it! But what I am saying? Its EA. Nothing against Maxis (simgurus). Its definitively EA the big problem and I maybe just should accept that this franchise died in 2013, in the way I know since the first game. Things changed, the game is not the same anymore, has a different soul, maybe new players enjoy this. I'm not! Maybe It's just time to face the reality. I'm old! What I wanted in the sequel of the previous games will never happen in The Sims 4, and I don't think it will happen in The Sims 5 eventually. I think maybe is time to say goodbye to this community. I will still playing The Sims 1, 2 and 3 and I will never forget how this game changed my life for good. Nowadays Its frustrating and sometimes I found myself arguing with people with half of my age or even more than that in social media... and I just think what the hell am I doing? This is something made for new players. The sims 3 was the cherry on top of the cake when it comes to evolution since the first game! It was the end of the chapter! The Sims 4 is the new "The Sims" for a new generation of people! A life simulation is just the reflection of current times... That cannot be changed.
    The Sims! It was good for a while, now I don't care anymore.

I can relate and agree with most of what you are saying. The difference for me is that I still do care. I still have hope that TS5 will "get back on track". In all honesty though, I'm not very optimistic in that happening. I fear you are correct about the direction that this franchise is taking. I also have seen a change in direction (not in a good way imo) since EA became involved. Your saying that the game has a different soul is an interesting way of putting it. A good description of how I feel about the game since TS4 came out.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Since yesterdays earning call - I see a lot more than just 3 more years with the EA heads talking 20 eps and free content coming for Sims 4.

As long as TS4 evolves without problems, like bad optimisation, tons of bugs and the new content is in fair amount, fun and well crafted I'm all up for TS4 living longer. But I hope that they can actually improve the AI and personalities by the time.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Since yesterdays earning call - I see a lot more than just 3 more years with the EA heads talking 20 eps and free content coming for Sims 4.

As long as TS4 evolves without problems, like bad optimisation, tons of bugs and the new content is in fair amount, fun and well crafted I'm all up for TS4 living longer. But I hope that they can actually improve the AI and personalities by the time.

I shudder to think of the cost to players to get improved personalities. It’s bad enough having to spend hundreds to flesh the game out.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    The thing is, I fear for the game's stability and optimization if a lot more content is added. It isn't new for the game to slow down the bigger it gets, or the longer a save is. I recall playing TS3 + WA + Ambitions and 1 SP relatively well, but the experience I had with all packs was vastly different.

And true, I mostly run TS4 @ 60-120 FPS with adaptive vsync. But that quickly dips to 30-60 when 20 sims are present. You may be thinking "well, yeah, that's 20 sims the game has to calculate, process, run autonomy, etc" but this is basically closed worlds, one lot at a time with some set dressing common areas. If the game struggles around the 20 sims cap (which I removed anyways) on a closed world whereas TS3 had to calculate easily over 125 sims in one full world, I have little hope. I swear sometimes I think this team is riddled with amateurs without funding rather than a veteran team with a huge publisher. But hey, this is the same team that for years state "We have our expert engineers looking to fix simulation lag but it's hard and complex" when one lone modder was able to remedy it by as much as 75%. Come on now.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    mika wrote: »
    TS4 is by no means a lost cause and has improved immensely over the years. The problem is they released a plum base missing key features that all the other base games had, and that has forever stained this iteration in the minds of simmers.

Such as personalities, babies, children, teens, better swatches, cars, romance, memory, NPCs and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • HelenaKapselHelenaKapsel Posts: 18 Member
    I don't think 3 more years are necessary. I was thinking 2019 would be great and then maybe move on. I understand people who want a few more EPs like University. But I have to agree with other people in this thread: If it hasn't delivered by now, will it ever?

When TS3 was at 4 years it had 19 packs(EPs and SPs) and TS4 has 24(EPs, GPs and SPs). And yet some of the stuff the players love the most is not included. They may be more fleshed out, but then again, stuff is missing. When that's been said though, when TS3 came out I hated it and didn't want to play it. So I played TS2 for a few more years before really getting into TS3. I haven't felt the "need" to go back since TS4 was released.

I don't think I really dislike TS4 tbh. I just don't trust the people making it. For me, in what we have in TS4 now there is still so much to see. I haven't explored the game properly. I think there is many small things you don't necessarily see unless you're really looking for them. I also recently bought all of the packs that I didn't already have. Except My First Pet Stuff. I'm never going to buy that. So I'd say a year would be enough because I want to catch up, hahah.
    I don't think 3 more years are necessary. I was thinking 2019 would be great and then maybe move on. I understand people who want a few more EPs like University. But I have to agree with other people in this thread: If it hasn't delivered by now, will it ever?

When TS3 was at 4 years it had 19 packs(EPs and SPs) and TS4 has 24(EPs, GPs and SPs). And yet some of the stuff the players love the most is not included. They may be more fleshed out, but then again, stuff is missing. When that's been said though, when TS3 came out I hated it and didn't want to play it. So I played TS2 for a few more years before really getting into TS3. I haven't felt the "need" to go back since TS4 was released.

I don't think I really dislike TS4 tbh. I just don't trust the people making it. For me, in what we have in TS4 now there is still so much to see. I haven't explored the game properly. I think there is many small things you don't necessarily see unless you're really looking for them. I also recently bought all of the packs that I didn't already have. Except My First Pet Stuff. I'm never going to buy that. So I'd say a year would be enough because I want to catch up, hahah.

At this point I'm scared to buy the other EPs or GPs I didn't buy. I read the bug lists, I read the complaints, same thing happened to me with TS3, I wanted those house boats but after reading all those complaints about Island Paradise I never did get it. To be honest I don't recall any TS2 packs actually causing me to turn them down due to poor quality or bugs. The only thing I remember that I had to download a hack to fix was the spawning tourist guides etc. until they fixed that in a patch which came out the next month. I think a skipped a stuff pack in TS2 because they forgot to add the get leftovers to the new appliances in Kitchen and Bath but after it was patched (that was the only bug) I did get it. TS4 doesn't work that way, we can't expect a fix the very next month....it might be years.....so I have skipped many packs in the last year and a half now considering my old bugs in TS4 are still there. I just won't pay anymore to be played myself. I refuse to be conditioned to buy now, fix later with this live service nonsense. One regret I have is buying OR long after I had already bought stuff like DO or Vampires etc. That pack made Sim no longer show up in my parks in TS4, I guess because it installs the code for the national parks. My parks used to be pretty busy in TS4 until the day I installed that pack. I liked selling herbs and strange things to other Sims, lol, but that pack broke how many Sims show up in my regular parks. So, I think just off the top of my head it really does matter in what order we should install packs...but what do I know.
    I didn't get TS3's Island Paradise either, because of all the complaints that I read about it.

It's been my experience that problems in TS4 that are over a year old still haven't been fixed. Sad to say, at this point it is becoming more and more evident to me that they never will fix them.

TS2 problems were always taken care of within a reasonable amount of time, but I don't think it's any coincidence that EA wasn't involved at that point in time.

The way things have been getting done since EA got involved is the biggest reason why I have little faith that TS5 will be a quality product that I will want to spend any money on. Really sad, in my opinion, of how this franchise has gone downhill in the last few years.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited February 2019

At this point I'm scared to buy the other EPs or GPs I didn't buy. I read the bug lists, I read the complaints, same thing happened to me with TS3, I wanted those house boats but after reading all those complaints about Island Paradise I never did get it. To be honest I don't recall any TS2 packs actually causing me to turn them down due to poor quality or bugs. The only thing I remember that I had to download a hack to fix was the spawning tourist guides etc. until they fixed that in a patch which came out the next month. I think a skipped a stuff pack in TS2 because they forgot to add the get leftovers to the new appliances in Kitchen and Bath but after it was patched (that was the only bug) I did get it. TS4 doesn't work that way, we can't expect a fix the very next month....it might be years.....so I have skipped many packs in the last year and a half now considering my old bugs in TS4 are still there. I just won't pay anymore to be played myself. I refuse to be conditioned to buy now, fix later with this live service nonsense. One regret I have is buying OR long after I had already bought stuff like DO or Vampires etc. That pack made Sim no longer show up in my parks in TS4, I guess because it installs the code for the national parks. My parks used to be pretty busy in TS4 until the day I installed that pack. I liked selling herbs and strange things to other Sims, lol, but that pack broke how many Sims show up in my regular parks. So, I think just off the top of my head it really does matter in what order we should install packs...but what do I know.

I know what you mean. I wanted to get GF when it was on sale (Of course before my HDD went out) but I get notifications for the HQ on issues with the game and came across a whole bunch for GF and I was like nope nevermind. Lets add the latest patch didn't seem to fix much especially issues that have been around for years. So, I don't know, I just have a feeling even if they were to make content YEARS out the game will be left in the same conditions as 3 if not worse.

I'm just going to sit back and watch. I mean I have no choice lol running TS4 on my laptop is a no-go so it has been a couple months since I've played anyway. I won't say I don't miss things, however, the time away has given me the chance to reflect on my next move with purchases for the sims franchise. I think I might invest in TS3 pets as I don't have that EP, but I don't know I might grab a stuff pack along with that. Who knows but I've had a lot of time to think about everything.

I didn't get TS3's Island Paradise either, because of all the complaints that I read about it.

It's been my experience that problems in TS4 that are over a year old still haven't been fixed. Sad to say, at this point it is becoming more and more evident to me that they never will fix them.

TS2 problems were always taken care of within a reasonable amount of time, but I don't think it's any coincidence that EA wasn't involved at that point in time.

The way things have been getting done since EA got involved is the biggest reason why I have little faith that TS5 will be a quality product that I will want to spend any money on. Really sad, in my opinion, of how this franchise has gone downhill in the last few years.

You know something, If I were more in tune with everything people said about the sims 3 and how it was basically abandoned by Eaxis on how packs were left with the messiness of Story progression, Routing issues, etc. I would have never bought the sims 4. I would have been more into looking at everything first before jumping in as I did. It's not to say there aren't things I enjoy in 4, it's just not the game I envisioned for me and my playing style. It took a few steps back for me. After 3 I was expecting a Sims game to have the quality like the sims 2 and the open world concept along with other awesome attributes as the Sims 3 along with some awesome new ideas. But... I was disappointed when I bought it and yet I continued to buy more to try and try to fill a void of my expectations, quality wise mainly. I won't say it hasn't gotten a bit better but its still not up to par with its predecessors.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited February 2019
    It's four years later and can anyone tell me what new emotions have they added? I don't recall any.

Multitasking was supposed to be the big thing about TS4 (other than these emotions) but can anyone think of something they added to bring new multitasking to the game since it's release? Like everyone goes on and on about how Sims can watch TV and eat at the same time, sure, but what amazing, new multitasking did they bother to introduce after the release of TS4. I thought the whole point was to build upon the foundation of this game...haven't expanded anything in four years has it? Honestly, I can't think of anything in the packs or patches.

It was supposed to be this amazing game where Sims could sit or move in ways they had never done before....o.k...what new amazing sitting position or movement have they added Since the release of this game? Nothing else since base game. They still can't sit on steps or on the arm of the couch or chair. Hello, they haven't bothered to improve the game with it's three main features of Emotions, Multitaksing and Movements and Posititons they could use. Yes, I begged for years for Sims to dangle their legs and feet in water (sit by pool) but there hasn't been anything revolutionary since the day the game came out. It's grown stagnant in those areas. After four years sitting watching TV and eating (which I heard is bugged now) no longer holds it's awesomeness does it? Shouldn't they have been working on more multitaksing (and I don't mean start and stop multitasking) for four years and not just stuff packs? To be honest they haven't brought out anything any of us could say omg, that's amazing, any game could have done what TS4 has been doing. The three major things (other than their CAS which also hasn't seen anything new, either) haven't received anything amazing to date since the day of release. I don't know about you guys but if you are going to sell me a bucket of promises, then you need to up your game, and amaze me for seven straight years. Because after four, the same ol same ol no longer cuts the mustard.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top