Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5: What we know so far

What we know so far is:

It has not yet been announced and won’t be for a while!

The devs could well be working on it and might have been for some time.

The job advertisement might for for TS5.

It might have Sims with at least hair and eyes. Hopfully it will have a lot more than that!

It might actually have cars?

Could this very vague car hint also be a hint for open world?

If we are getting it then it is not likely to be before 2021.

.....…....................

Get speculating, Simmers!
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    What we know so far is:

It has not yet been announced and won’t be for a while!

The devs could well be working on it and might have been for some time.

The job advertisement might for for TS5.

It might have Sims with at least hair and eyes. Hopfully it will have a lot more than that!

It might actually have cars?

Could this very vague car hint also be a hint for open world?

If we are getting it then it is not likely to be before 2021.

.....…....................

Get speculating, Simmers!

They will have clothes as seen in the real world. (It's in the job descriptions/requirements) lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    What we know? Nothing, thus far.
    Anything to do with TS5 is currently just speculation. :/

I wish we knew something.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    We don't know anything yet -- it is just speculation. Which is why it's here. If it duplicates another thread, I'm sure the mods will combine them.

Some of us think it's fun. I like to speculate on upcoming things for Sims 4, too. Whether anything comes to pass remains to be seen.

I think it's probably 3-4 years down the road, too. I think they are just in the very beginning phases of it.

I have a question about "vistas." That was in the same job description that included making vehicles. What does vista actually mean in this sense, that leads me to think that it might not be a fully open world. Maybe partially?
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    The Sims 5 and other spin-offs: what do we know? Do we know things? Let's find out.

But seriously, cars? What's up with that?
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    edited September 2018
    Oh, I know! It's not TS5 but a Need for Speed Sims game. This time instead of just racing you get Sims, too! It will be revolutionary. :Like when Sim City was turned into The Sims....they are going to turn Need for Speed into a Sim game!!! :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What we also know so far is that some players are interested in it and we are now talking about it :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    We don't know anything yet -- it is just speculation. Which is why it's here. If it duplicates another thread, I'm sure the mods will combine them.

Some of us think it's fun. I like to speculate on upcoming things for Sims 4, too. Whether anything comes to pass remains to be seen.

I think it's probably 3-4 years down the road, too. I think they are just in the very beginning phases of it.

I have a question about "vistas." That was in the same job description that included making vehicles. What does vista actually mean in this sense, that leads me to think that it might not be a fully open world. Maybe partially?

I always thought of "vistas" as wide landscapes. And I'm fine with open neighborhoods. I just think it's weird that City Living apartment neighbors also have a loading screen when it's the same building.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope there's open world and a color wheel for clothes, hair, eye color, skin color, furniture, floors and walls
    a256aFi.gif
    I hope there's open world and a color wheel for clothes, hair, eye color, skin color, furniture, floors and walls

Yes to this.

And I hope objects have more than one recolorable channel. It's frustrating when you can't pick separate wood colors and bedsheets. Even Sims 2 had this :\
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited September 2018
    /dripping sarcasm/ And we might even have clothes for said Sims. Although we may have to pay out our nose for DLC. :smirk:

Love your .gif sig. :D@FreezerBunnyCowplant
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2018
    Vista means view in Spanish, for those who don't know Spanish.
    Sims 5 for all any of us knows at this time is just speculation. But just in case they are really working on Sims 5, I sure would love to see what it might look like. :)
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,858 Member
    What we also know so far is that some players are interested in it and we are now talking about it :smile:

What we know now is that players have been interested in it and talking about it for the last four years.
    /dripping sarcasm/ And we might even have clothes for said Sims. Although we may have to pay out our nose for DLC. :smirk:

Love your .gif sig. :D@FreezerBunnyCowplant

The thing is if there is a Sims game with no close then the rating will go straight up to an adult game :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    OK...basic t-shirt, and basic pants, then everything else is a DLC. :p Oh crud, I shouldn't give them ideas. /dripping sarcasm/

YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT!
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited September 2018
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Sims 5 for all any of us knows at this time is just speculation. But just in case they are really working on Sims 5, I sure would love to see what it might look like. :)

Vista in TS2 meant large Spanish houses...I wonder does this have to do with worlds and or lots and or backdrops as part of the requirements. It's hard to understand when it's in developer speak language rather than language someone who doesn't understand their terms would understand ,for those who don't work in those fields.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Vista in TS2 meant large Spanish houses...I wonder does this have to do with worlds and or lots and or backdrops as part of the requirements. It's hard to understand when it's in developer speak language rather than language someone who doesn't understand their terms would understand ,for those who don't work in those fields.

There are beautiful vista buffs that you can set some lots as in CAW to give the positive moodlet. I have used it for expensive lots
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

It might be referring to lots with a panoramic view of a landscape, such as a lot high on a bluff over-looking a Rio/river and it's valley below. The word vista has been used in the names of towns, neighborhoods, and even in the names of houses before. So that's probably why they had thought that vista meant large Spanish houses before. But over all, I assure you that vista means view in Spanish. If you need more proof, just type in vista in your search window, and click on Vista: Spanish to English. :)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Dunno man, thread is pretty dead if you ask me.

Also the online applications say it’s for a new franchise within the Sims franchise, not a sequel.

These threads are pointless.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    "Vistas" most likely means "scenery" in the context of a Sims game. What that actually entails, we can only guess.
    #Team Occult
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Also the online applications say it’s for a new franchise within the Sims franchise, not a sequel.

What about the other threads talking about Sims 5? ;) Sometimes they're even merged together

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @icmnfrsh wrote: »

What about the other threads talking about Sims 5? ;) Sometimes they're even merged together

Currently the major Sims 5 thread right now has less hits and comments than the thread speculating the next Sims 4 EP ;)

I think people rely too much on wishful thinking, rather than on actual statements.

Currently the major Sims 5 thread right now has less hits and comments than the thread speculating the next Sims 4 EP ;)

I think people rely too much on wishful thinking, rather than on actual statements.

That sounds like "some players" to me, like what king of simcity said. It's not a negligible number, and the original point has nothing to do with how many players are speculating other things. This is Sims 5 we're talking about.

Plus this is the speculation section. If people want to analyze a job opening for signs of a possible Sims 5, this would be the place to do it

Well to be fair the next TS4 EP will come first unless they want to jumble things up a bit.

I mean who knows, they might even surprise us and release a new EP for The Sims 1 before anything else :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Well there’s no actual, official statements on it, so I’m not sure why you are expecting people to get into a heavy discussion about things that simply don’t exist? There’s clearly more information to talk over with TS4 at this time than an unannounced game that’s in the earliest stages of development.