March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Rose Masquerade, Chapter 19 (5-27-19) {A Bachellorette Challenge}

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm amazed they even bothered giving Justin a hand massage while in that armor. :D

And I bookmarked the thread on my browser so that I can check it periodically without digging through the section. :) And so that I don't get flooded with notifs whenever someone comments on this thread
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Oh hey, Tristan finally got a one-on-one date. My man.
    And they already said the "L" word after one date. :0 That was intense.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    WHAT. He got sent home in the middle of a date? That was awful for him. :(

And to think it could've happened with my sim. This competition is getting serious

I also have to say: I'm glad you're still continuing this. I've joined a lot of these things that sort of just fizzled out, so it's nice to see one that actually finishes

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I am going to finish strong. I already have the wedding planned out, it's going to be beautiful! I love planning weddings. Anything that let's me decorate makes me happy.

This is just an FYI that I'll probably be doing a casting call of some sort for the Medieval Story, but I'm not sure yet. It's hard to do a casting call for a story driven story. We'll just have to wait and see.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    I'll keep an eye out for the medieval story :)

phHvRub.png

Chapter 13
    He’s No Good to Me Dead.

dggcfrY.png

“Bit chilly today, isn’t it? Don’t laugh at my costume, I swear.” Rose warned in a happy tone. It wasn’t the sunniest day, it wasn’t raining, but it was freezing outside. There was little cover on the beach, besides the small cabin planted on the sandy soil.

Ih68HYT.png

“You’d think you’re ready for D-Day. I know vintage is in style, but did you raid your Grandmother’s basement for that?” Rose gave him a look and put her hand on her hip. “I mean- you do look great! Just as someone who notices fashion, I’m honestly curious where you got that outfit from. You can’t find that in a thrift shop.”

“If you must know,” Rose mockingly huffed. “The studio modified it for me special. Apparently there’s a special movie being shot in San Myshuno that was willing to lend it to us as long as it didn’t get dirty or torn.”

“I mean, it’s easy to hide dirt on olive green…” mumbled Colin.

hnDm09f.png

“Yeah, but not on bright red. You aren’t very intimidating, even in your Darth Vader mask.” Rose rebutted.

“Ok, ok, truce!” laughed Colin. “We should take a picture to celebrate odd costumes. Will you do the honors?” he encouraged.

iGx0uVt.png

“I’d be happy to.” Rose pulled out her phone and the two of them hunched over for a quick picture.

R5EeCaj.png

“I have to say, even in the wind and cold, you still pull of the 1940’s look very well. Almost makes me want to learn how to make a tank just to fight a war and keep our land safe for you. Though, let’s be honest, I’d probably be making the clothing, not the tanks.”

“I’m flattered. How’s that going, by the way? It’s been a few weeks, is everything still going the way it should?”

“Oh yeah,” Colin reassured, “That business is like a rock at the bottom of the ocean. It isn’t going anywhere.”

gZzYjsu.png

ZyzXlEU.png

ZRcaQh9.png

IcbsMby.png

Colin then lit the bonfire to keep them warm and the two of them danced and talked for a little while, until Colin thought that he could fire dance and lit himself on fire. He was fine, just a small flame. Rose schooled him on the dancing though.

After the two had danced, they laid down on the ground and looked at the slowly churning clouds. They moved so slowly, they were hard to see, but they were easy to look at without the sun glaring in their eyes.

nhhKeFp.png

“You’re better than all the cashmere in the world.” Colin said out of the blue. “It’s hard to realize that sometimes. That people are worth more than objects. It’s obvious, so obvious, but the pursuit of wealth is so strong that sometimes simsmanity forgets that people are worth more than objects. And so, Rose, you are worth more than all of the pure silk and cashmere in the world.”

Rose stood up and Colin joined her, secretly happy to get off of the cold, damp ground. It was possible that Rose didn’t feel the cold through all of her layers, But Colin was in a shirt and jacket, not much in terms of layers.

aUTit8T.png

“That’s one of the nicest things I think I’ve ever heard, thank you, Colin.” She pulled him in for an embrace, and Colin’s suspicions were made real. He couldn’t feel Rose’s heat through her clothes, so she probably couldn’t feel the cold air.

OZikNZV.png

“Just saying what’s on my mind. That’s the first step to good communication. Speaking of-” he turned over to the horseshoe cubby, “Do you think you can beat me? I’ll tell you right now, I’m not hard to beat.”

“Neither am I, So at least we can laugh at ourselves. Let’s do this!” Rose grabbed the shoes and together they tried to get a goal. Neither of them did, though, and after it had been fun, it turned a bit frustrating.

hBPbNii.png

tvxCZ3a.png

AyrgDEQ.png

Rose turned away from the game, and looked at the dying fire. Colin joined her and wrapped a hand around her waist, bringing her in closer. It was nice to be held, Rose thought. Like a security blanket.

zuLyi97.png

2f0k7nI.png

However, you can only look at a dying fire for so long. Eventually it dies, and the world moves on. Rose looked at Colin and whispered “Wanna do something fun and wild?”

LHwprx3.png

Colin’s mind immediately thought that Rose was talking about Woohoo, but that was nonsense. He hadn’t heard that she had slept with any of the other contestants, so it wasn’t likely that he was going to be getting lucky. “What did you have in mind?”

“Well, it requires less clothing. Good thing I came prepared.” Rose beamed.

Are we sure that I’m not getting lucky? Colin asked himself.

Rose rushed over to the pool and peeled off her costume to reveal a swimming outfit underneath. She lowered herself into the pool, looking at it as if it could freeze her toes off, and it probably could.

WutyVwJ.png

“Come in! The water is freezing!” Rose said.

Colin jumped in, the only logical way to get into freezing cold water, and he almost took a breath off the cold liquid. Everything screamed that it was too cold, and when he surfaced, he looked at Rose, expecting her to be turning blue. “Are you sure this is ok for the baby? I think we should get out…”

bWAo9Qi.png

“A quick dip is probably fine. The baby is too small to be bothered by much, anyway.” Rose reassured.

“Well, my digits aren’t working anymore,”Colin said after just a few minutes in the water. “I need to get out. I hope you do too, the wind is picking up and getting colder. No one needs to get sick.” he advised.

“I agree with you. I need to get warm before I become a meat popsicle. Lead the way.” Colin hoisted himself out of the pool and they both jogged into the house.

Qo2Z3iY.png

“I think I brought a change of clothes, I don’t want to wear the costume again, it takes two people to get me into it. I’ll just be a few minutes. The shower is downstairs, right?” Rose asked.

3Fbmx3m.png

“Yep. I’ll just go and change in on of the rooms downstairs and I’ll meet you upstairs.” Colin informed. “I hear there’s a good TV show on tonight.”

When Rose came back upstairs, her outfit was more revealing than Colin thought it would be. Who wore that sort of thing to bed? He had seen outfits like that made and sold in the stores, but he’d never seen one in action.

tEG3J7F.png

Rose sat down next to Colin and looked up at the TV above the fireplace. “I haven’t seen this one before, I wonder if it’ll be as good as last season.” Rose commented.

“I’m not sure. I ‘m not sure I’ve even seen this show…” he casually reached his arm around and pulled Rose in closer.

zRrOW8l.png

a1NZr8r.png

e87rgdQ.png

“You know, I’m not really in the mood right now to be that close. I’m kinda warm, and this would just make me start to sweat. I’m sorry.”

In short, Rose played hard to get with Colin all night. He would be happy if she initiated the romance, but she wouldn’t let him anywhere near her without starting it first. It was quite frustrating. I had to control the two of them to get them to where they finished their time together otherwise it would have been a disaster.

hV6bJKS.png

GYEaEN9.png

O3Ep5JD.png

2X7IRUD.png

BLM7QR6.png

CAN9bSg.png

~*~

The next day was Friday, making it an elimination day. It was going to be pretty straight forward, eliminate on contestant, have a good time, kiss someone. The kissing wasn’t really supposed to be in there, but but was anyway. Oh well.

VyfcdW0.png

It had snowed in Newcrest, where the eliminations were held. The snow made everything monotone and pristine.

pwCs2zf.png

At one point, Colin tried to kiss Rose, but she pushed him away. It’s not looking too good for you, buddy.

wEpy8sa.png

Then Tristan came over and kissed Rose. The kahunas on that guy! Rose must be getting good at kissing through a mask. That must feel awkward.

ty84DiC.png

HvB7BgX.png

Boyd applauded the kiss though. I love it when people do that.

YkwhziW.png

q4GDRJQ.png

2422uh5.png

AytFaIg.png

Everyone had fun outside and had a bit of a snowball fight. Fun times!

vpKam53.png

Rose finally stood in front of the contestants, waiting for them to quiet down enough to announce who was going to be going home.

“This week I went on three dates and as you are aware, Carmelo went home before the elimination. That doesn’t mean that no one is getting eliminated, it means that this week there will be two eliminations. Tonight I eliminate the second.

“For those of you who haven’t been on a date, I’m trying to remedy that, it just takes time to get to everyone. Your turn is coming, I promise.” She said with a smile.

8pAbae1.png

“Without any further ado, Colin, would you step forward?”

7Z2Kkvf.png

“Rose, why am I the one being eliminated? We went on a date just yesterday. Do you not like my company that much?” Colin asked, confused.

1v5Z7r8.png

“Colin, you’re fine, but you aren’t right for me. You can blame the hormones if you like, but it doesn’t change that we’re not right for eachother. You’ll find someone who loves you, but it isn’t going to be me.” Rose let him down gently.

“I guess you’re right. There are lots of girls out there, I just have to find the right one. Too bad it wasn’t you, but I’ll live. Can I have a kiss for the road?” he asked.

Rose felt bad about eliminating someone who had placed so much faith in her, so she nodded. Colin grabbed her and bent her into a kiss that was a bit more intense than was warranted, but Rose didn’t complain. In a few minutes she wouldn’t have to see him again. “Goodbye Colin.”

i9ZuZ0d.png

Bloopers!

Xavier refused a kiss from Rose, but Tristan didn’t.

ZFOjDfh.png

9hEWR1K.png

Claire and her boyfriend got married at the romance festival! It was very sweet and spur of the moment. I’m getting wedding fever here!

HJ0VDPF.png

DX2X0TV.png

cuHRdcZ.png

Rose may have met up with someone at the romance festival…. And regretted it in the morning…

0oaQwgD.png

POoWoqf.png

nHVw8uE.png

Msx2Zdi.png

Claire and her husband are expecting a baby!

5X7QgiG.png
    jzZP0sJ.png
    "Simsmanity" :D That's great

That was really awkward for Colin. :( But he did get a kiss on the date.

Lots of kissing all around during the elimination. Seems like some of them are trying to flex. :D And I like how Boyd is so supportive of his rivals :joy:

Oof. Another date gone sour. :( It's so unfortunate when a date actually harms your chances of staying

@icmnfrsh I'm suprised you didn't mention the bloopers.

I have my favorite sims for the winners, but I'm trying my best to be fair. It's hard! I actually scolded myself for going too far forward too quckly, I wasn't fair to the other contestants. Ugh, I need to keep an even head!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    I forgot to mention it earlier, but among the bloopers, I thought it was cute that Claire got married. I've never tried marrying my sims in the Romance Festival, but that sounds like a fun idea.

As for Rose meeting someone, well, he's not bad looking. Maybe he could be a secret contestant :D

And when I did a Bachelor-type show in 2017, I just went with relationship values. Although on one-on-one dates, I usually tried to fulfill the goals and get one kiss in.

But even if your sims are close, jealousy can really ruin a sim's chances.

edited April 2019
    @icmnfrsh
    The mystery man is Josh, Rose's Ex-boyfriend.

Also, I play with the trait where sims don't get jealous if the sim with the trait has other romances. Yay cheats!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    :o That was definitely a bad idea then. And I think that chapter was months ago, so I didn’t remember :D

I think part of the unpredictability in these challenges is the jealousy, but it does make sense that they don't get that jealous when they knowingly participate in a competition

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Mordor looks thrilled making a snow angel.
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Aww poor Colin :(

At least he didn't burn to death though xD
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

phHvRub.png

Chapter 14
    Don’t Let Go
    Rose arrived on Wednesday morning to a house that felt a bit more empty than normal. Nearly half the contestants had been sent home by now.

O8Bxnup.png

K5g69Px.png

Tristan had a craving to do a back flip into the pool, even though it was freezing outside. He changed into his swim trunks, climbed the ladder to the top, and started turning blue. At this point, he was too dedicated to back down, so he jumped.

l26lMja.png

aGk4Sla.png

His jump was successful, but by the time he got to the edge of the pool he was too far gone.

hpCg52L.png

d11QKvP.png

Tristan died, before his friends and housemates, before his love, Rose, and melted into the ground.

VIlOdoB.png

GOdRfek.png

Rose prayed his ghost back from the dead, and thus he will continue to be a part of the competition.

8taKD3J.png

“I couldn’t stop him, I couldn’t stop the Reaper from taking you away.” Rose lamented in the beach room.

“Rose, I’m still here. I’ll return to my full self one day, it’ll just take awhile. I’m sure there’s some kind of spell or medicine I could take to fix this. We’ll get through it.” he assured.

oSZGSTq.png

“Well, if you don’t give up, I won’t.” Rose tried to smile.

“I’d never give up on my best girl.” he answered, holding her for a moment.

u6MNMMt.png

~*~

RFWqGE9.png

Rose’s date for the day was with Ian. They went to a fancy restaurant. It had taken Rose a while to find a dress that looked good because now that she had started her first trimester, she still wanted to look like she wasn’t pregnant, but she was starting to show. While that was natural, she still wanted to look sexy and not feel like she was “dating around”. She wanted to still feel normal.

aXmYtD4.png

“So what’s good here?” Rose asked Ian.

“Uh, The steak is pretty good. At least, it’s good enough that every time I’m here I order it.” Ian replied.

UtZlPhl.png

“I’ll take your word for it, then.” she looked the menu, finalizing it in her head, then she looked at Ian. “So, Ian, Tell me about yourself. What do you do for fun? What’s your family like? Is that too blunt? I apologize if it is.”

“Uh, well,” he paused, thinking. “My mom raised me, my dad was never there. It’s the typical jargon, we didn’t have a lot of money, but we were happy. We had a scruffy dog, a two bedroom apartment. She worked as a CNA, so the money was ok, but not great. She really wanted me to do better, and- in a weird way- I feel like I have to live up to her expectations.”

“That sounds hard. What do you want to do for a living?” Rose asked.

“I’d like to help people, even though those jobs traditionally don’t pay much. Right now it’s a tie between nursing, counseling, and teaching.” Ian admitted.

14VdsND.png

“That’s impressive. I don’t know you well, but I think you’d be a good counselor. You’re a good mitigator. You have an easy going way to you. That’s a nice quality.” Rose complimented.

AWvpKFZ.png

d4fAoki.png

They ordered their dinner and Ian was very happy with his meal. After they ate, they went outside and looked at the snowfall on the bay. The stars were covered by the heavy clouds, blotting out the moon.

CEX6DgL.png

2OFmBcu.png

“This is an interesting sculpture. It’s like there’s something growing and leaving home. It gives me a feeling of happiness…” Rose commented.

“I like it too. It feels very organic,” Ian mentioned. “It almost feels like the orbs were leaving on their own, not being forced? Like they leaving when they’re ready.”

Qy6yate.png

Rose looked at Ian with admiration. “I think you’ll do great things when you’re ready. Let’s go sit down, OK?”

The two of them went and sat in the seating area that when it was warmer would be full of people, but now it was empty. It gave them some privacy, which Rose was happy for.

3Fwkx78.png

Rose blew Ian a kiss.

“That’s very kind of you.” he said quietly. The snow, candles, and closeness made it a feel like they were in a holy place almost, and they had to be quiet. There was no reason to be loud. It was an intimate moment. “Wouldn’t want your hands to get cold, let me see them…” he added, grabbing Rose’s hands in his.

LtvDeUe.png

uZuLjA1.png

“You’re a very sweet guy, Ian. I didn’t think I’d feel this much for you, but I do. I’m happy that we’re able to have a good time together.” Rose spoke quietly.

afuzif6.png

f5wT6ff.png

UcNYtgC.png

Rose and Ian had their first kiss (and others). It was quite a nice time. Since Carmelo, I’m worried if someone will have a bad date. I don’t want that to happen again.

Kxvkbqo.png

j2cYRr1.png

“Rose, I have these overwhelming feelings for you. I know that you have a lot on your plate, but I want you to know, I think I love you. What do you say?” Ian declared.

p5ZqMIw.png

Oh gosh, the L word. Why did he pull that out on the first date? Rose wondered. She felt a bit nervous saying anything in return, but knew she had to. “I’m really happy you feel that way, Ian. I’m- proud?- no, that’s not the word. I’m happy you’re able to feel that way. With toxic masculinity the way it is-” she was rambling now, and didn’t really have a point.

“Rose, do you love me back?” Ian asked outright.

cqP2tMd.png

“Uh, of course I do!” she said a bit flatly. Did she really love him, or was she trying to make him feel better and not ruin the night.

“I’m so happy to hear that!” he gave her a gigantic hug. “Let’s take a picture so I can keep this memory forever.”

“OK,” Rose complied.

MK2UhBX.png

~*~

Rose stayed the night since it was so late when She and Ian got back from their date. It was easy to find a room to herself since half the beds were empty now. It felt kinda weird sleeping in a house that used to have 7 other people in it, but now it just had the 8 and her.

zChvUlF.png

Rose greeted Tristan with a kiss on the cheek and walked up to bed. She washed her face, put on her overnight cream, pulled back the covers to get into bed, and heard crying. Everyone in the household was still quite shocked form the death (and resurrection) of Tristan, but very few of the men were showing their soft sides so much as to cry openly.

Rose followed the sobbing and knocked on one of the doors upstairs. She tried the knob and found that it was unlocked, so she entered. The room was sparsely furnished, unlike Nathaniel’s room downstairs. It seems that wealth could buy you comfort here, which Rose was a bit angry with, but she had bigger fish to fry.

4PtagJh.png

The floorboard under her foot creaked and a helmeted head popped out from under the covers. “Rose-” stammered Justin. “I’m I’m sorry to have woken you. You look like you were just going to bed.”

“Justin, what is it? You don’t have to cry like this. Tristan is still with us, and he will return to us fully in time. Why are you still crying?” Rose consoled.

“I- I should have tried to help him. I should have stopped him from going out like that, I should have stopped him from jumping into the water.” Justin blubbered.

4TTbHEH.png

“Justin, You wear armor 24/7. You would have drowned in that pool, no question. And people go outside all the time, you can’t ask everyone what they’re going out for. Don't be so hard on yourself. It’s no one’s fault. We’re all going to get through this.” Rose rubbed his arm armor, smiled, and exited the room.

~*~

JedNceH.png

The next day, Rose didn’t have a date until that evening, and thus was able to squeeze in a doctor’s visit. Claire accompanied her, already complaining about a sore back.

This wasn't just any doctor’s visit. They were going to get the blood work back to see what gender the baby was, and Claire couldn’t be happier. She already knew that she was having a boy, and she couldn’t wait to know what rose was having. It was like getting a great present and wanting to know what your friend got so you could be excited together.

frP61dm.png

They walked into the doctor’s office, and Claire beamed at Rose like an idiot. “Are you ready to know what your baby is?” she jittered.

“I think I already know what my baby is. It’s a… baby.” Rose said, worry written across her face.

“Aren’t you the comedian. What ever your baby is, it will be fine. I promise. Just try to relax.”

Rose couldn’t relax. She couldn’t stop thinking about how it was too easy to be careless, too easy to mess up completely. Tristan kept coming to mind, how he had been a healthy young man, but outside for too long and he died like it was nothing. That could happen to her. Gosh, it could happen to her and her baby would die before it was born, or it would be left motherless…

If46vRz.png

“Ms. Lahwen, Nice to see you again!” greeted the doctor. She had great bedside manor, which Rose was grateful for. She helped put her at ease. “Are we ready to know the gender of your baby?” she typed a bit on the computer, logging in.

n5AkZaC.png

Q3WllB2.png

“And Claire, you’re glowing! How’s our little man coming along?” she asked, turning in her chair.

“Well, we’re in our second trimester now. Things sure are moving quickly.” she smiled.

21nCpQQ.png

“Yeah, I haven’t been home much the past few days, why are you so pregnant?” Rose asked, turning to Claire.

“Well, Deon and I wanted our baby super quick, so we paid hand over fist to speed up the process. Don’t worry, I didn't take any of the store’s money, we used his money and my money.”

mb51bnp.png

“I didn’t even know that was an option…” muttered Rose. She turned back to the doctor. “You have the results? Is baby OK? Nothing is wrong, is it? I’ve been eating well, exercising…”

kAPWqWy.png

“Baby is fine. Everything is perfect. You’re our model patient!” she did a mini cheer. She stood up from her chair and walked over to a drawer, pulling it open. She removed a blue box, and held it up. “Ready to know?”

YHvhnHU.png

VuaHupN.png

gNIk1ex.png

Rose felt jitters much more now. She stood up and received the box. Opening the lid, She saw a card, nicely decorated, that said:
    Congratulations! It's a boy!

Rose looked up at the doctor, tears of happiness in her eyes. She felt like she knew the baby better, now that she knew more about it. She knew that it was her son, and she would love him forever. “It’s a boy…” she whispered.

“Congratulations, my dear. You’ll make a wonderful mother.”

hkJnNDo.png

“Our sons will be like brothers!” squealed Claire, a bit too excited for Rose’s tastes.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Half the house? That was fast.

Tristan. :'( Poor guy. Sims make terrible decisions

The L word on the first date again. Things are moving really fast. But Rose seems hesitant this time :(

Ooh, it's a boy. Hope the guy who ends up with Rose can handle it :D

Swimming in sub zero temperatures, always a good decision.

Also, is it bad that part of me was hoping the doctor got Rose the same gift that Hezakiah got her when he was eliminated?
    The way I see them saying Love is when they roll the whim to be boyfriend/ girlfriend. It doesn't make much sense to be bf/gf in a challenge like this, but saying love does.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    phHvRub.png

Chapter 15
    Surrounded by Boys
    Rose returned to the contestant house from the doctor’s visit, excited to share her news. She was expecting a son, and she hadn’t even known that she wanted a son until she was told that was what she was having. With Claire also having a son, it would be easier to to raise two boys together. She wasn’t facing this on her own.

Rose greeted Tristan in the living room and couldn’t help but tell him the good news. “I got the tests back on the baby, and my son will be the most loved child in the world.” she said with quiet intensity.

PRomnHv.png

“That’s the best news I’ve heard all day!” Tristan congratulated. “Who’s your date with today? There aren’t many other people you haven’t had time with left.”

“That would be me,” interjected Preston. “Lady Rose, I hope you have a good appetite. We’re going to a very special restaurant.”

S4R8a7T.png

“I wish people would stop taking me to restaurants,” dismissed Rose. “I love the notion, but first, everyone wanted to be outside, now everyone wants to go to eat. I’m pregnant, I don’t need to put on extra weight.” Rose had a bit of a mood swing for the negative.

Preston looked hurt. He had obviously put himself on the line, and Rose had disappointed him She felt instantly guilty. “But I’m sure you’re date will be unique as you are, Preston. What makes it so special?”

“That would ruin the surprise, wouldn’t it?” Preston tried to smile, still scared to say the wrong thing. Rose seemed to be in a mood.

6cUcSbD.png

Of course, the restaurant was in Windenburg, and Windenburg was in the middle of a blizzard. Rose missed her coat as she and Preston pushed their way through the snow and into the restaurant.

Inside, the colors were as warm as the air, toasty. There was a piano, a guitar, and a karaoke machine. Rose hoped that amateurs don't try and play badly.

J9vWy6B.png

Rose looked at her menu, and figured she’d eat lightly this time, no more heavy steaks sitting in her stomach this time.

uLvy00I.png

Rose looked over at Preston, and he seemed to be grumpy. “Preston, are you ok? I’m having a good time, I’m sorry about what I said before. Are you upset about it?”

wKVBW5m.png

YKvViWv.png

“Hm? No, this is my resting face. The mustache makes me look grumpier than I am.” His voice didn’t quite reach a happy tone, but Rose could tell he was trying.

“That’s funny, I guess. So, tell me why we’re here, in the middle of a blizzard.” Rose said.

“I love music. It moves me, and while I wanted to go to see a concert and then eat dinner, there were no concerts playing anywhere nearby. So this place is the next best thing.” he said with pride. “I would come here with my folks when they held workshops to learn new instruments. It was…” he looked for the right word. “It was influential in my life.”

“I know you liked playing music, Preston. What do you like to play?” Rose asked.

“I like the keyboard best, because I don’t have to worry about being on key.” he laughed.

EhtajEt.png

They ordered and then ate their food, making polite conversation.

1ZEy5dT.png

Rose stood up from the table when they were done eating and curved her hips and smiled at Preston. “Wanna see how terrible I am at the karaoke machine?” she joked.

“I’d love nothing better than to hear us upset everyone here. Let’s burn this place to the ground!” he joked.

3E2Pe0e.png

6SWmKRe.png

After their bad performance, though they had fun, Preston flirted with Rose. She wasn’t having any of it though, she blew him off.

6SWmKRe.png

“Woah, all I meant was that you have potential, you just aren’t very polished. Heck, neither am I. You could be really great if that’s something you choose to do.” Preston admired.

JLchfhQ.png

“Well, thank you for that. I’m not good at singing, so I sometimes lose my nerves up on stage.”

Rose returned home that night, wanting to be with Claire when she had her son.

~*~

pKYb09G.png

yz0Wzu1.png

Deon kissed his new wife on the cheek, feeling her large tummy against his as he leaned in. Claire got dizzy and sat down on the couch. It wasn’t easy growing a baby this quickly.

Rose finally climbed all the stairs to the top floor of the shop and saw how large Claire had gotten in just a few hours. “How are you feeling? Labor is going to be in a few hours isn't it?”

k53uBOV.png

Claire looked worriedly at her tummy as she stood up. “I’m ready to be a mom. At least, I’m ready for this little monkey to be out of me. I Just hope it doesn’t hurt as much as they say it does… Wanna feel him?” Claire asked Rose.

B8vjmrc.png

“I’d love to!” Rose said excited. Her son hadn’t started to kick yet, but the doctor said that was normal. It could take a while.

Claire’s little boy kicked when Rose touched Claire’s stomach, startling her. “Oh my, that can’t be comfortable.”

“It’s not.” Claire assured.

~*~

The next morning came around and Claire showed no signs of labor. There was only one contestant left to have a date, and while it was a Thursday, Rose should be on the date.

“I don’t want you to miss a date with your potential future husband. You should go.” Claire argued.

“How could I go if you’re about to pop? I’m the one who’s taking you to the hospital. I’m staying home.” Rose said, putting her foot down.

“Why don’t you just bring him here?” asked Deon. “We won’t bother you, promise. You can watch a movie in the basement.”

The two women looked at him as if he had solved world hunger. “That could work. Alright, I’ll call the studio and let them know about the change in plans. Thanks for the idea, Deon.” Rose said.

“No problem.” he said simply.

gmvfvy7.png

Blaze came over, dressed sensibly for the weather. “Hey, Rose. What’s hangin’?”

“We can’t leave because Claire could have her baby at any minute. But we have plenty of stuff to do around here. What do you want to do?”

“I’d like to look at the snow fall on my face, odd as that sounds. I find it calming, and, I’ll be honest, I’m nervous. Let’s start slow.” he said, sitting down on the ground. Rose was bundled for sure, but she wasn’t thinking that she would be laying in the snow, but she complied. It didn’t last long, but it was centering, which was nice.

imgAVLQ2Nh.png]

They stood up, brushing themselves off, and went inside. “Ok, well, we have a TV in the basement and some movies. What are you interested in?”

“It’s odd, I know, but I like romcoms? Or action, but romcoms make me have hope for the future. Everyone gets with who they are destined for.” Blaze said.

“Ok, romcom it is. Let’s go pop some popcorn and get this thing going!” Rose was excited to start.

The movie didn’t go well. The main characters were always fighting with each other, they weren’t right for eachother, and yet they fell for each other after 4 days.

czUL4ug.png

0FZkrN2.png

“This movie is so not right! How could she fall for him! He doesn’t believe in love! Hasn’t she learned anything?” Rose asked the screen.

“He’s a stuck up guy, how could you like him?” Blaze asked as well, and finally the movie was over.

Blaze stood up. “I should probably go… it’s been fun.”

bg14Odu.png

“No, don’t go yet. There’s so much wrong with that movie. Let’s talk about it.” Blaze sat down and Rose beckoned him closer. “And that guy had such a romantic grandmother, adventurous. How did none of those genes rub off on him?”

Un1tj41.png

Blaze wrapped his arms around Rose. “I don’t know, but If he were my grandson, I would make sure he knew how to treat a woman. I would make sure that my woman would be loved all. The. Time.” he said, cooing in her ear.

BZB6dRW.png

Rose smiled, then stood up. Blaze had been right, the time had flown by and now they Blaze had to be getting home.

She led him up the stairs and onto the sales floor. “I had a decent time, Blaze. If favor shines, next time we’ll be somewhere better, I promise. No more watching movies in my basement.” She hugged him goodbye, and he leaned in for a kiss.

NtAMZZu.png

21rm9Hj.png

But Rose wasn’t feeling it so she stopped him in his tracks. “Sorry, Blaze, but I’m not there yet. Maybe next time.” she said, embarrassed.

0fB78Hs.png

~*~

n9so7Xv.png

Claire got up in the early morning and had to use the bathroom, but her water broke before she got there. Deon had already gotten up and came running when he heard her exclaim.

0LnV2gf.png

“How do you feel? Is it now? Do I need to get something? What are we doing?” Deon asked in rapid succession.

“Deon, get Rose. We’re going to the hospital. You say here, we’ll be back soon.” Claire ordered, wincing.

At the hospital, the birth was very straight forward and painless. Claire’s little boy was born; welcome, Timothy!

2cV07CI.png

1zpbbJ8.png

Bloopers!

This is the nursery where the boys will be, but I can't have babies on a retail lot so we aren't going to see much of Timothy. It's quite cute, if a bit empty.

sDg0dDD.png
    jzZP0sJ.png
    The movie didn’t go well. The main characters were always fighting with each other, they weren’t right for eachother, and yet they fell for each other after 4 days.
    That describes a lot of romcoms I know :D

Forced to date at Rose's home and turned down for a kiss. Ouch :(

Aww, they already have a nursery prepared :)

Part of me felt bad for Preston at first since his date idea was met with getting blown up at.
    Rose really hasn't been in much of a mood lately, and I feel bad for the contestants who are just tying their best. The numbers are coming down slowly, and I hope to post the elimination chapter soon. Today some time? fingers crossed?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited April 2019
    Short one today, Sorry! The next one shoudl be better. Don't forget the survey down below!
    phHvRub.png

Chapter 16
    Short and Sweet
    Rose woke up on Thursday and knew she was forgetting something. It was supposed to be Friday, she was sure of it, but she couldn’t remember what she was supposed to do. The house was empty, and she washed the dishes in silence.

TNQNM4P.png

FXx8n9P.png

She played out in the heavy snow by herself, feeling lonely and bit. A single, brave airplane flew past over head, and she spent the day quietly alone, tucked away up in her home.

2boNVEB.png

The next day, Rose tries to get ready by herself. The studio had been trying to find clothes that still made Rose look slim and not growing, and they had picked out a pretty raspberry dress this time.

The contestants gathered and partied like they normally do.

AcldpJ5.png

2CQs2vy.png

Rose scared Preston outside, making them both laugh.

She was happy with Tristan’s dance moves.

jCfDRaF.png

Ian and Mordor watched the snow fall on the veranda.

TqNQ8yJ.png

Everything went quietly. Rose was drawn very much to Ian, but he didn’t roll anything to do with her.

JRUbWNd.png

“Gentleman, I have an announcement to make, and everyone knows what it is. I am going to ask one of you to go home, and it is freezing in here, so I’ll keep this short. Justin, would you join me up here, please?” Rose requested.

Justin joined Rose at the front of the room, and clinked as he brushed off nerves.

qXDdVxo.png

“Justin, you seem like a sweet guy. Really. I know you don’t like romance, and I understand that for you, but it doesn’t line up with what I want. I want love and little displays of public affection. I want someone who loves me, and not just in private. You’ll find the right person, but that’s not me.” she explained.

81h4tPk.png

Justin put his hand on his heart. “In a way, I’m kinda relieved. I felt that we weren’t lining up right. I hope you find the one who makes you happy.”

a4wKYlp.png

“Hug?” Rose asked, approaching him with arms out.

obR0x5N.png

“No, please don’t.” he said, refusing the affection.

“Very well. Good bye, Justin.”

Rose kept rolling wants for Blaze as well, so she called him outside, but he didn’t want to go out in the cold and snow.

eYL3kDZ.png

She came back inside to find Blaze standing near the radio, and, looking over at Tristan, Ian, and Boyd, kissed him in front of everyone. Boyd cheered, that goofball. That’s what I forgot! recalled Rose. I forgot to date Boyd!

s5Ruo1r.png

Boyd came over picking up Rose’s hands. “You’re so- impressive in your sureness.” he bent his head to kiss her hands, but she recoiled.

DHw0pba.png

cQctJpv.png

“No thank you, Boyd. I’ll see you around, ok?”

Bloopers!

I haven't played much of seasons, and winter is kinda new to me, so I didn’t know that a building without a thermostat just didn’t get heat, so I had to put one in. People were still freezing and turning blue, so I tried many different ways to fix the problem, thinking that if I put a fireplace in the back out of sight everyone would be warm. They were warm about 5 feet around the fireplace, but nowhere else. I tried to put up warming towers from dineout, but they didn’t work inside? So I ended up just turning temperature affects off.

Ktuj6Yc.png

Also, something is happening in this picture, but I can't remember what is is...

nEkTYvC.png/

Next elimination is a double, and the readers get to vote on who the second guy to go home is! No one is safe!

https://forms.gle/KLvTV1dfraPQSnV86
    jzZP0sJ.png
    This should be interesting...
    edited May 2019
    Ooh, we're down to the last 87, then 65. And we have to vote. :0