March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Rose Masquerade, Chapter 19 (5-27-19) {A Bachellorette Challenge}

Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen, to the Grand Masquerade! Taking 15 contestants!

Why have you all been invited to this lovely occasion? Because I love sim challenges and love stories!

The rules are pretty simple.
1. Make a male sim, but don’t worry about their clothes just yet.
2. Cover their face and dress them in anyway you want, but this is a Masquerade, so be creative! Knights, bears, bunnies, llamas, Day of the Dead,
anything!
3. Make their clothes to match. Their formal clothes aren’t really going to be seen, but always have their face obscured, even in swim and sleep.

Packs I do have:
Seasons
Pets
City Living
Get Together
Get to Work
Jungle Adventure
Parenthood
Vampires
Dine out
Spa Day
Outdoor Retreat
Laundry Day
Backyard
Romantic garden
Movie hangout
Spooky
Perfect patio
Luxury Party

Packs I don’t have:
My First Pet
Toddler Stuff
Fitness Stuff
Bowling Stuff
Vintage Glamour
Kids Room
Cool Kitchen

4. Write the bio. Here are some things to get you started:

Name:

Traits:

Favorite color:

Backstory (try and write as your sim, it’ll help me later with character voice.):

If you were to take Rose on a date, where would you go and what would you do?:
~*~

Now, let’s meet the lucky lady!; Rose Lahwen! Rose is a woman recently unlucky in love. Walking In on her boyfriend and another woman, she only just moved his stuff out of her house.

Wait she just got out of a relationship? Shouldn’t she have some time to heal?

Of course not! She’ll be fine. Now, Rose owns her own business, a flower shop! It’s rather humble, but you may see that she is not so plain now!

Um, she isn’t here. Are you trying to quote the Princess Bride? There is no grand unveil-

Here she is!

CtC1FSZ.pngicXW0eA.png

But she looks so sad. How could you- You know what, I’m done. You can run this, tell me when it’s over.

Rose is a headstrong girl who knows what she likes, but has been becoming more open minded lately.

Taking place in the middle of San Myshuno, will you be the one to walk out of the Masquerade with a girl on your arm?

Castings so far:
1. Ian DiArbo@MINEZ :cookie:
2. Mordor Gates @VanPelt81 :cookie:
3. Preston Sorenson @Skcaga6 :cookie:
4. Nathaniel Tracy @MissSassy :cookie:
5. Xavier Reginald Rasmussen @lovesstorms :cookie:
6. Carmelo Barone @cmbaker16 :cookie:
7. Hezakiah Ordoniez @VanPelt81 :cookie:
8. Blaze Rockwell @cmbaker16 :cookie:
9. Cobalt Stone @lovesstorms :cookie:
10. Tristan O'Leary @icmnfrsh :cookie:
11. Boyd Walker @lovesstorms :cookie:
12. Adam Jefferson @Brei714
13. Collin Chen @KleineMuff :cookie:
14. Justin Murdock @Irishsong

@MissSassy @SoulGal7 @MINEZ @Kamio @WagonFruit

Please invite more people who you think would like to partake in the challenge.
jzZP0sJ.png
Post edited by Irishsong on

Comments

• MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    I'll get to work immediately ;)
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I’ll make someone next time I’m on my computer.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    edited September 2018
    I will make one tomorrow :)Are we allowed to use CC (Maxis Match)?

Edit: I already made one without CC. Tho, he's marked as CC on the galery as I use CC skin and eyes (overrides). Downloading him, you might change his eye color as it always switches to brown :#

It's already late so I will add a pic and his info tomorrow.
    Post edited by MissSassy on
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Thanks guys!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'll make a guy for this. :)
    @LadyLana1 @Brei714 @Pema22 @mintycupcake @Bugsie2016 @lovesstorms @Cement @Xylorta-XV

Hey, I was wondering if you guys would like to jump in on this. Like last time :smiley: only following more rules and not caving to the true love I had last time.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Ooh, of course! I'll work on something tomorrow evening? Would that be soon enough?
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Ooh, of course! I'll work on something tomorrow evening? Would that be soon enough?

Oh sure. The server I play Minecraft on has an event through next week, so I won't start before then.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Are you wanting us to share our sims on here with the app or do you want it PM'd to you?

And no CC, correct?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Are you wanting us to share our sims on here with the app or do you want it PM'd to you?

And no CC, correct?

This time, for costume sake, you can share here. And limited cc is ok if it's maxis match.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I will make you someone tomorrow!
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Name: Mordor Gates

Traits: Friend Of Animals; Music Lover; Cat Lover; Loves Outdoors

Favorite color: Black

Backstory (try and write as your sim, it’ll help me later with character voice.): I am Mordor Gates. I live in a small house in the Norwegian Forests. I am the founding member, all intruments & vocals, and creative force behind my metal band that you have never heard of since the band only presses 1000 vinyl albums of the concept album that was recorded in a forest during a snowstorm about Ragnarok. I also rescue cats that are abandoned by their atrocious so-called owners, giving them a home in my shelter until they have a forever home.

If you were to take Rose on a date, where would you go and what would you do?: I would have her & I roam around in nature and play a song about her on my guitar (she would likely be a Valkyrie in said song). I would then have a feast with meats & mead waiting for her complete with a mead horn specifically made for her to drink out of. Afterwards, we would go and play with some kittens I am sheltering.

Mordor Gates can be found with the hash tags #RoseMasquarade #Metal #CatLover #IrishSong
    09-28-18_6-21-39c2a0am.png?w=656

Name: Preston Sorenson

Traits: Music Lover, Perfectionist, Ambitious

Favorite color: Purple

Backstory (try and write as your sim, it’ll help me later with character voice.): Where do I start? I was born in...Not there? Okay. Well, I am alone in the world now that both my parents have passed away. They decided to only have the one kid after they found out just how special I am. At least that is what they always told me. Being all alone in the world gets pretty lonely. Do you know what I mean? I have nobody I can tell all my troubles to. I have nobody I can share my music with. I have nobody I can share my dreams with. That is why I am here. I am hoping that I can find someone who things I am as special as my parents thought I was.

If you were to take Rose on a date, where would you go and what would you do?: What is more romantic than dinner and a concert?

He uses the hashtags #Masquarade and #IrishSong
    He is marked as modded because of the default replacement things I use. He has no CC though.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Name: Nathaniel Tracy

Traits: Self-Assured, Active, Romantic

Favorite color: Black

Backstory: "He wears it because his face is scarred from a car accident!" - "I've heard that he tries to hide from police because he has killed someone!" ... That's what most people talk about me now. Well, not actually me but the ski mask I always wear. Or a ninja mask as my little brother likes to refer to it.

The real reason I wear it... oh well, where should I start? My grand-grandfather once had a little shop selling ... stuff. My grandfather and father made it into a huge empire. The name Tracy is famous all around the known world and maybe even far beyond that. They both want me to take over after my father because traditions.

Short: my name brings power. I have used my family's name all my life. Back as a kid to get whatever I wanted - I was the most popular and also the most feared boy in school - and later with the ladies. Of course I enjoyed it. Friends of my parents even said I was just like my father at this age.

But one morning I woke up and I hated my life. I hated being recognized just getting bread from a bakery. I couldn't go out with friends without girls piling up on me. I knew they all just wanted my fame, money and name. I didn't care about it before because I usually left them after one night.

In only few years I will be 30. And I knew if I didn't change my life completely I wouldn't have had one single serious relationship by then. The thought almost killed me. I stayed in bed for several days. Or weeks? I don't care. I felt lonely. Several ideas popped up in my mind. How could I find a woman who loves me for me and not my name?

And then, I saw my little brother, Tommy. He's only 10 years old and doesn't know what he will have to face when he'll be older. Well, he won't inherite most stuff like I will but still, he will get a lot. Tommy played ninja. His favorite one was Michelangelo, you know, the Ninja Turtle. And that's when I came up with the mask.

My father called our private doctor when he first saw me wearing it. But Dr. Miller could understand me and told my father I was sane. Finally, I can go out in public again without anyone noticing me. At least I thought so. One of my "friends" told a shady newspaper about my mask and they found me again...

Luckily, a lot of other man tried to be me and started wearing a similar mask to trick women into thinking they are me. And now, I can enjoy my life again. And maybe, I really hope so actually, I will finally get the chance to get a girl who loves me for me.

If you were to take Rose on a date, where would you go and what would you do?: If I had the chance to take Rose out on a date I would want it to be something special. I have been on thousands of dates before with all these women. Dinner, movies, etc. I've repeated all of them too many times to get a special feeling anymore.

If it was winter, I would take her ice skating. I've never tried it but people - and of course couples - seem to enjoy it a lot. Afterwards I would take her to a small cozy cafe to have hot chocolate to warm up again. If it was summer I would do the same, just without the cold part. I mean, I would take her roller skating in the park and afterwards we could have iced tea in a cafe.

I know this sounds simple and probably boring to some people. But I've never had such a "simple" date. It would be special for me. And I would make sure to make Rose feel special all the time.
    iUXCVid.png

He has no CC but is marked as with CC (his eyes and skin in my game cause this). And it might be that without the CC eyes they will be turned to brown. But you can change them back to the super bright blue again :)
    You guys are fantastic! But I'm not sure if I made it clear, the disguise is only for the challenge, not for life :lol:!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Irishsong wrote: »
    You guys are fantastic! But I'm not sure if I made it clear, the disguise is only for the challenge, not for life :lol:!

So should we just have one outfit with the masquerade costume or should all outfits match the mask? You said don't worry about their clothes and we need to keep their face covered even in swim and sleepwear. Just making sure I understand. :smiley:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Irishsong wrote: »

I got that but I wanted to add a bit of spice :p Btw, you can find my sim via my ID snuffi14
    Feel free to dress Preston however you wish. I don't mind. :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    The 'mask' needs to always be there but a knight can wear pajamas, if you get my meaning.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Ok...my sim is ready, but I still have to upload him and write up his bio. I can try to do it tomorrow evening. :smiley: Hopefully, that's not too late.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Ok...my sim is ready, but I still have to upload him and write up his bio. I can try to do it tomorrow evening. :smiley: Hopefully, that's not too late.

Not st all. Take your time.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited September 2018
    Name: Xavier Reginald Rasmussen

Traits: Goofball, Clumsy, Creative

Favorite color: Red

Masquerade Disguise: Red Skelton (the comedian)

Gallery Tags: #rosemasquerade #irishsong #lovesstorms (You'll have to click on custom content, though he has none.)

Backstory:

Hey. I'm Xavier Rasmussen. I'm down for almost anything as I'm the adventurous type. You'll find me somewhat left-footed but don't let that scare you. I'm used to it and just laugh it off since I'm a pretty laid-back kind of guy. My passion is to help people. I love people! Like they're just awesome. Yeah, I'm a bit of a goofball. I like to tell jokes or goof around with others. I like to have fun and take others along for the ride. I can also be very thoughtful, so I've been told. I have this thing where I want the other person to enjoy things more than me. So, I find things they'll like. I like to see others happy, I guess. I'll even do goofy things to make people smile.

I enjoy teaching, too. I guess that goes along with helping others. It's why I became a Speech Pathologist, I suppose. I mean, there are other options like a doctor, but honestly, there are so many doctors who are just out for the big bucks. I wanted to do something that didn't make such a splash or show of greens. I mostly help kids but on the side, I'll help adults, too. The kids are my favorite, though. They're so much fun because a lot of what I do involves games. So, basically, my job is playing games with them. However, on the flip side, once they graduate from the program, I do get a bit sad. I'm happy they get to move on and have learned, but a little tiny chunk me goes with them. It's hard to explain. I guess I put so much of myself into them that sometimes I feel they leave with bits of me, too. I hope that doesn't sound too grotesque. That's not how I mean it. I just care, I guess.

I have no problems speaking to people, but I do find this very hard. To open up and to be this vulnerable...well, hopefully, I don't sound too ridiculous. Most people enjoy my company and are at ease around me. I've dated women in the past but I've never connected like "that" with anyone before. I don't expect an immediate connection because I don't know if I believe that can happen. At least, it's never happened to me. However, I don't think it should take too much effort, either. I shouldn't have to be different than myself and she shouldn't have to be different than herself. If it's right, we'll both know without even having to talk about it. I mean, given time spent together. She'll feel at home with me and I with her. Like I said, little effort.

As for my family, I'm one of seven kids. I'm somewhere in the middle. My parents were normal, too, until my youngest brother died in a swimming accident. Then my dad started drinking heavily and eventually left. My mom and several of the older ones started helping as much as they could to help us survive. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to go to college and graduate. I still help my family to this day, especially my mom.

If you were to take Rose on a date, where would you go and what would you do? Well, honestly, I don't know. Sounds lazy or ill-advised but until I know her, I can't make that decision. I could say that I'd like to take her for a picnic on the beach near sunset. Then, we could go on a night walk, feeling the ocean lap hungrily at our feet. We'd smell the salty night air as we talked about things we have in common and not. Perhaps we could even swim in the ocean a bit. However, I don't know if she'd enjoy that like I would. Perhaps she'd rather go to a 5-star restaurant and then a nightclub after to dance the night away. I'd be up for that, too. As I said, I'm a go-with-the-flow kind of guy. The only thing I don't like is too much drinking. Things can get a little crazy, illogical, and dangerous with too much of that. I want us to have a nice time AND remember it.

44280105464_e384d3a071_b.jpg
    Post edited by lovesstorms on
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @Irishsong - a question - would dark sunglasses and a hat work, or does his whole face have to be covered?
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Irishsong - a question - would dark sunglasses and a hat work, or does his whole face have to be covered?

I'd prefer the whole face.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited September 2018
    When I read masquerade I thought what fun and had to join in so here's my sims hope his costume is acceptable :D
    e71c36.png

Name: Carmelo Barone

Traits: Self-Assured, Creative, Family-Oriented

Favorite color: Blue

Backstory (try and write as your sim, it’ll help me later with character voice.): Up until a few generations ago my family lived in el salvador and were well-known mediums, sims from all over el salvador came to see if their loved ones would contact them through my relatives but that's all I know about my family history and it had taken until my grandmother started to talk to herself before I even learned that much. You see before I was born my grandparents moved away from el salvador to Willow Creek and the traditions were lost just as the family left behind was forgotten.

Now my family is well-known through out Willow Creek for our produce. We grow and sell our own fruit and vegetables and now it's time for me to take over the family farm but first I want to find that special someone so I went looking in the attic and found my grandfather's traditional medium outfit. Surprisingly it fit, so here I am at the masquerade hoping my soulmate is here.

If you were to take Rose on a date, where would you go and what would you do?:
    I'd take her on an afternoon stroll in the park than as evening sets in we'd have a picnic while watching the sunset.

I used the #irishsong and #rosemasquerade as those seemed to be the most used #'s and I wasn't sure if there was a # to put him under.