Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptop simmers how seasons runs ?

Any laptop simmers out there who have seasons and also all other packs ? Does it run well ? Seasons has always been a love-hate pack for me as a laptop Simmer. It is fun but it always lags really bad especially when snowing . Is ts4 seasons better optimised ? Any experience please share :) thanks.

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited September 2018
    Nevermind
    Post edited by Evie0602 on
  • LittleGreenBeanLittleGreenBean Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a crappy, five-year-old Toshiba laptop. It runs perfectly, somehow. Sure, sometimes the graphics are pretty crappy, but I'm surprised. City Living doesn't run well, though.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    It’s a i5 laptop with 16G ram and 2g dedicated video card. My graphics setting is pretty much between low - medium and it has been running rather well so far.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I have medium settings for just about everything on my 2012 HP laptop and it looks good enough to me!
    These are completely unedited photos from my screenshots bank.
    2lloyzk.png
    290rl76.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I bought an MSI Apache Pro gaming laptop last year. It runs beautifully. The default graphics setting are ultra, but I've tweaked things here and there, such as turning off post-processing effects as I don't like it.
    Seasons runs beautifully too, and with the lighting on the highest setting I can really appreciate the beauty of this game in different climatic conditions.

I have a cooling pad, and always have it propped up on it and the fans running when I'm gaming. The GPU stays at a comfortable temperature. The CPU hovers around 80 degrees C; not perfect but not dangerous either - this laptop has 4 cooling tubes (or whatever they're called) and 4 vents for the GPU, but only 2 of each for the CPU; I wish MSI had balanced the cooling more evenly, but then they're anticipating the enduser's going to be playing GPU-intensive games or VR games, not CPU-intensive games like the sims.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,659 Member
    Might not be relevant, as I am on a stationary PC. But posting anyway, as it is a low end pc, with integrated vid card and nothing extra to secure speed etc. I made several season based videos for my youtube channel that shows how weather looks on this cheap pc. I was pretty surprised that it looks quite ok. Might be different on a laptop though, but if no dedicated vid ram etc worried you, we might be in the same boat. I have many EPs installed (I think all of them, in fact + a few SPs and GPs), and I always run 5-10 programs incl 2 web browsers in the background.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I have all the packs, play on ultra and no problems whatsoever. I have MSI GL62.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    edited September 2018
    I play on a low end laptop, from about 2 years ago and I can run on low medium details. Can only get about 1 hr and half of gameplay before it dies but seasons doesn’t lag or any problems. I play with seasons effects and they seem to work fine. I don’t have all GPs or SPs though. I own all EPs, 3 GPs and 1 SP