Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my sim walking like this !?

KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
My sim just suddenly started walking around like a zombie, I've never sen this before! What is going on >.<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpmQLjHowk

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Do you have Parenthood? Is she a teen? Is she going through a mood swing?
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    OMG the moody-sim-teen walk. My absolute favourite part of the Parenthood pack bar none. It makes me laugh everytime :D Of course it makes teens take forever to walk anywhere but it has become a running joke in my household whenever my RL teenage son is in a mood - we all start doing the moody-sim-teen walk and he laughs his way out of his mood!
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    ah that must be it, ugh what a pain >.<
  • KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    yep there it is, her dad did just die though so i'll let her off for being sad

Untitled.png

I can't believe I've never seen this before though!
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    This part of the pack was surely designed by someone with teenagers at home lol
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    You can almost hear the angst. "But Mooooooooooom."
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think there's something odd with that, though. I think all moods are now causing teens to do the 'enraged' walk, when there used to be a different walk for different moods. If her dad just died, she should be doing the 'sad' droopy walk. My teen came home 'mortified' yesterday, and her walk didn't seem quite right - it looked like she was angry, not embarrassed.

Is it just me, or did teens not have a variety of 'mood walks'? I looked to see if there was a bug report, and I don't see one, so maybe I'm mistaken.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I've had a teen come home sad, embarrassed and angry. She seemed to do the draggin-feet slow walk with every occasion, as far as I can remember. I usually just roll my eyes and send them to the mirror or out for a jog or something, then concentrating on other sims in the house.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I think there's something odd with that, though. I think all moods are now causing teens to do the 'enraged' walk, when there used to be a different walk for different moods. If her dad just died, she should be doing the 'sad' droopy walk. My teen came home 'mortified' yesterday, and her walk didn't seem quite right - it looked like she was angry, not embarrassed.

Is it just me, or did teens not have a variety of 'mood walks'? I looked to see if there was a bug report, and I don't see one, so maybe I'm mistaken.

I think the teens have always had that same foot-dragging Zombie walk. It's more of the YAs- and above that slump their shoulders when sad, etc.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Teenage angst is something else! Mine tend to do that with every mood it seems. All. The. Time.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    That's a very lethargic 'I'm bored' style of walk.
    Looks like I need parenthood to get me some more giggles.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I think the teens have always had that same foot-dragging Zombie walk. It's more of the YAs- and above that slump their shoulders when sad, etc.

Could be it was my imagination. I do like the way the chance cards affect their moods when they return from school. If my teen gets the 'return notebook or trash it' chance card and returns it to an ungrateful rival, she'll be angry about it when she gets home. It's a nice touch - the moods aren't just random.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i actually really like seeing my teenagers come home with their 'mood swing' walk. because i instantly tell them to go jog to clear their minds for a quick boost to emotional control, and they always clear the duration of the moodlet in one jog

and yeah, ever since the pack, the teens have had the same walk no matter what their mood swing was. as long as it was a moodlet with +50 to whatever emotion, they'll do the walk. they'll act differently when not walking, though. same with whatever phases they're on. just the walk is the same for every mood swing. and mood swings themselves (the +50 emotion ones) are random, it's any other moodlet they get that's not so random
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    My teens only do that walk when they have a particular mood swing OR they've gotten in trouble. They've done the normal shoulder slumped sad thing when sad. I recently had grandparents pass and the teens did the normal sad walk. Weird how it seems to affect some people's games and not others (like many things, ha ha).
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    with the teens getting in trouble, how do their parents approach the punishment? i try to vary things depending on the household with how i feel they'll be based on traits or the storyline i've been doing with each household.

like the landgraabs, nancy basically lets malcolm get away with everything because he's her spoiled rotten son. geoffrey tries to keep on the calmer side of things, choosing to 'hug it out' any time he catches malcolm trolling the forums or the like. my main household, both parents are similar to geoffrey and try to outdo each other on being the cool parent. even my evil alien supervillain tries not to do the sterner or meaner actions if he can help it, since he's got the 'loves family' trait. i figure that because of that he's not as authoritarian with them as with everyone he expects to be his subjects/minions

i plan to do the...i don't even know if harsher is a good word for them... options like 'scold' and such for other households that i haven't actually played much lately, like some where one parent is hot-headed or mean or hates children. i know that when the kids age up to adults, they'll have different relationships with their parents based on the types of parenthood interactions they've had, but haven't found myself getting into this much yet. partially because i have aging turned off and manually age all my sims (townies included), so always feel like it's a thing i can put off
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    It was funny when i saw it for the first time though. But they walk soooo slow. Try to walk up with a group of sims and she will arrive at the end of the day :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I love it! :p I have a teen in my household but haven't seen that walk yet.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I feel embarrassed because I, and my siblings have all done that walk in real life. Points to them for accuracy.
  • naima001naima001 Posts: 4 New Member
    Walking and jogging is the best for health.