Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

๐Ÿ’œ Blending Friends Game Play Challenge ๐Ÿ’œ

ยซ1
GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
Join the #BlendingFriends game play challenge and discover a different way to play with life ๐Ÿ’œ

This concept all started with a simple conversation in origin with @fuzgirl65 ~ Both of us agreeing we really just needed to get in game and play sims again. That thought in mind and hours of fun filled gameplay later I had a beautiful new family that was a blend between her sim style and mine. Thank you Josie for creating Dawn Simpkins who I simply fell in love with long ago and for inspiring this idea in me ๐Ÿ’œ

Another great friend, @kass17 loved the idea so much that she and I decided to try this game play scenario again with her sims and mine. The end result being the official start to the #BlendingFriends game play challenge ๐Ÿ’œ

[img][/img]x8mLSn9.jpg
My sims blended with @Spenndragin @Lordkiribati @kass17 @13Vader

Official BlendingFriends Challenge information:

This is a GAME PLAY challenge โ€ข Iโ€™ve done it many times and always enjoy watching the sims Iโ€™ve loved creating and the sims I adore from other talented creators connect through their autonomy, not any control from me.

First โ—พ Put 4 guys by creators you love & 4 gals by different creators in a household. Make sure you include some sims created by you too. You may use โ€œfreerealestate onโ€ to move them into a big enough home. If you use another builderโ€™s home that adds to your friend mix too! I am not a great builder so I love spoiling my sims by living in the amazing homes simmers create and share to the gallery. Please do not use any other cheats. In the beginning to pay the bills you can think creatively and sell your household furnishings or download โ€œperfect plantsโ€ from other creators who share to the gallery.
Next โ—พ Watch them like reality TV until the flirting and coupling starts. You may encourage these actions with outside influencers like traveling with everyone to the romance festival, watching romance TV, using the special incense fragrance to get them in the mood, placing objects with a flirty aura in their home, etc. You canโ€™t directly use any romantic interactions though. Only friendly, funny, etc interactions however it is best NOT to control those actions either in the beginning. You may take control in other ways like getting a job and traveling wherever your sims whims desire to go. Remember to allow them the autonomy to socialize and build relationships with whom they want and how they want within the household.
Then โ—พ Once you see clear friendship and romance bars established pick your favorite couple and start a family with them ~ Picking just one is the hardest part. Thatโ€™s why you see many #BlendingFriends families in the gallery now ๐Ÿ˜
Finally โ—พ When youโ€™ve picked your official couple you can take the control back as you take them through dating, marriage and at least one child. Then share your new blended families with the gallery using the hashtag #BlendingFriends

โ—พ Share just one or continue through the game play to match them all up through autonomy into lovely new families. You just might fall in love with them so much they become your new legacy family as my original family, The Champion's did!
โ—พ Weโ€™d also love to see your in game screenshots as you go along so please make a picture collage and post them here. Also you could try to story blog about it if you have Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube or any other social media you share your simming experiences on โ€ข Please tag original creators when uploading your blending families to the gallery since you will have sims from other creators blended together with one of yours or with another friendly creator ๐Ÿ’œ

Now lovely friends get in game and have a blast picking some awesome sims and a brand new home to move them into so you can take on this new way to โ€œPLAY WITH LIFEโ€ ๐Ÿ˜

[img][/img]8rwx3Px.png
The original Blending Friends family ~ The Champion's
Please visit my Simblr to read their legacy story ๐Ÿ’œ

Please join my ๐Ÿ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge ๐Ÿ’œ forum thread
[img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    This sounds lovely and fun, and since you're letting the Sims choose , I bet you get some really great relationships !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I want to try it, though I have a very hard time not controlling my sims. Not sure I should take on another right now though, with 3 active saves, 5 stories, and various build challenges all going at once. @CathyTea if I was going to do it, I'd probably use ne of your girls I saw.
    image.png
  • Options
    I want to try it, though I have a very hard time not controlling my sims. Not sure I should take on another right now though, with 3 active saves, 5 stories, and various build challenges all going at once. @CathyTea if I was going to do it, I'd probably use ne of your girls I saw.

Oh , that would be great ! Which one?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thanks @CathyTea :) That's one of the fun benefits of playing this challenge through. The relationships my sims have built surprise me sometimes as they connect with other sims I honestly wouldn't have chosen initially but it seems they know better than I do sometimes lol :D

Oh yes @TresaofPern it is also extremely hard not to control our sims but that's the beauty of this challenge .. it challenges us to play in a way we've never done before. Let the sims we love lead us in the beginning for a change and you end up having new experiences in game too typically. For example I'd never participated in a protest before but in following my blending household around town it spontaneously happened :) Having no control is only temporary lol You get to take it back after the romance bar is clearly established between two sims <3

Thanks for your comments! I hope you give it a try <3
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    You're welcome, @GLovely1. I'll have to try not to forget about this one.
    image.png
  • Options
    TulipSimsTulipSims Posts: 20 Member
    This sounds really fun! And your families are looking adorable.

I already tried it, since I saw your family on the gallery this afternoon with the link to your tumblr. ;) The thing is, my sims aren't really socializing with each other. The're talking every now and than, but all their relationships bars are even less than when I started. :neutral: I already lived for four sim days and took them all out to a club and everything but nothing happened yet. I set the autonomy to full, is there any other way to: "allow them the autonomy to socialize and build relationships with whom they want and how they want within the household."?
  • Options
    Hi @TulipSims :) Thanks for trying it out .. That's strange since most of the time when I am in control of sims they still go socialize wherever they want. The socialization should be natural especially after 4 sim days I would think :/ I'm sorry your blend is slow to take off. Try to add more romantic things in their home. For example, light the incense or turn on the romance tv. You can control your sims individually for work or travel so maybe a few more individual actions like have one sit and play chess and see who comes to sit with them. Controlling the individual sims in individual activities a little bit more won't affect the autonomy of the relationships they will ultimately build. Most of my blends socialization took off after attending one of the festivals so definitely send them all to the next one ;) I hope that helps .. hang in there you will make a connection naturally soon <3
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    TulipSimsTulipSims Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for that sweet reply @Glovely1! Yea I was kinda trying not to control them at all. And they live in a big house where they can easily ignore everyone else. ;) looking forward to try your tips.
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited September 2018
    This sounds like a nice idea! I've got a couple other challenges and (my own) generational plays to do, but this one sure gets on the list of gameplay ideas. :smile:

I wonder, have you also considered using lot traits in order to help with the socializing and romance part? Maybe some of the lot traits can be helpful if the sims are not developing connections on their own.
    Post edited by Sassie on
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    Fantastic idea @sassie thank you for bringing lot traits up! Those always slip my mind as I am not a great builder. You're right though I'm sure lot traits would definitely help :D

@TulipSims also another friend of mine is trying this challenge now and her household took off a little slower too. She's posted a bit on twitter and it looks like she had connections forming between days 6-8 in game. Once you see an obvious romance bar starting you can take the control back with those two sims to take them through the dating process. Or, wait a little bit longer to see what other couples form and what other dramas your sims will get into on their own lol ;)
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    LadyLakewoodLadyLakewood Posts: 16 Member
    Okay, this looks like too much fun to not try. Especially since I'm in the middle of reestablishing some of my old favorite families; my founders need spouses!! xD I'll let you know how things shake out. :)
  • Options

Oh , that would be great ! Which one?

Argh, just saw this for some strange reason when I was reviewing the rules. Was going to be Sierra Summer because I love her hair, but turns out that's from a pack I don't have. My second choice is Acacia, whom I like just as she is.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    All right I've started it. Tentatively named Friends and Lovers.
    I'll share story links as they're ready.

Here are the sims.
    Acacia Bough by @CathyTea
    rvbuJDbm.png

One of my girls, Mira Rose
    jQqAEGrm.png

Faith (FaithofKaela)
    F8AoBT8m.png

Rodrigo Mendez

nM2NbTSm.png

Grady Abrams
    tsQiPnum.png

Jace McDermont @GLovely1 :
    TACEq2jm.png

Torao Young. That's my other girl, Kirsten Hayes, on the right. Forgot to get an intro screenshot of her.
    4YZQS0tm.png
    image.png
  • Options
    @LadyLakewood I'm so sorry it's taken me soooo long to reply! New year now so I'm reconnecting with a few of my old loves .. This challenge is a big part of my heart .. typically goes faster than other challenges & you'll certainly get a ton of enjoyment out of it. I hope you try :)

and @SimTresa I am so excited for you! Friends and Lovers is a wonderful & fitting title and your choices are all sooo cute! Thanks for including one of my guys in your mix too .. I can't wait to hear how the dating drama & selecting goes ;) All the best in this new simming adventure for you! <3
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options

and @SimTresa I am so excited for you! Friends and Lovers is a wonderful & fitting title and your choices are all sooo cute! Thanks for including one of my guys in your mix too .. I can't wait to hear how the dating drama & selecting goes ;) All the best in this new simming adventure for you! <3

You're very welcome. it felt like the right thing to do since you inspired me to give it a try. And thanks, it's been fun so far.

First chapter's up. Short one, but it was already evening when I got started after granting a whim to volunteer. Next chapter's longer.

Chapter 1: Acacia
    image.png
  • Options

You're very welcome. it felt like the right thing to do since you inspired me to give it a try. And thanks, it's been fun so far.

First chapter's up. Short one, but it was already evening when I got started after granting a whim to volunteer. Next chapter's longer.

So exciting ! I'm thrilled to see Acacia included ! Thank you !

• Options

So exciting ! I'm thrilled to see Acacia included ! Thank you !

You're welcome, @CathyTea. :)
    image.png
  • Options
    Now I'm even more excited about this @SimTresa ! I had no idea you would write so extensively about your blending friends story and already 2 very interesting chapters. I love how you are expressing their personalities and I'm happy it seems you already have a potential romance blooming :) I'm looking forward to the next chapters!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    I was surprised it happened so fast. Both Grady and Jace were feeling flirty and had a whim to tell a dirty joke. Grady's crashed. Jace's did not, and when I checked a few minutes later the romance bar had shown up.

Here are the next two chapters
    Mira
    Faith
    image.png
  • Options
    Got another pair ready. Challenge is moving right along.

Rodrigo
    Grady
    image.png
  • Options
    Three new chapters.

Jace

Kirsten
    Torao
    image.png
  • Options
    Oh I just totally gobbled up all those fun filled chapters and am looking for more @SimTresa :wink: Rodrigo and Faith look wonderful together .. they knew they belonged together and now their little Esperanza is adorable! This is flowing so beautifully. Your writing is building different and interesting story lines for them! Congratulations for making a wonderful blend and I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the couples progress :heart:
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    Thanks @GLovely1. I'm working on the next one now.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Last one's up.
    Torao and Kirsten - Finally got a boy!
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • Options
    It sure has been fun to have Acacia included in your story, @SimTresa ! Thank you! I've been loving each chapter.