Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments are being wiped clean!

For reasons I'm not sure of, I can not place this new discussion in the PC bug issues category (it's grayed out).

On to my issue. For anyone who asks, I have MCCC and some random non-maxis items (20-ish) on the game.
When my sim visits an NPC in an apartment, the residents and my sim are all standing in the lobby. At this point, the apartment appears empty. My sim knocks on the door and enters and it is still empty. The wallpaper and stairs (it has 2 stories) is still applied, but everything else is gone, including light fixtures. I've exited the game without saving and restarted the game. The issue doesn't resolved.

I've searched discussion categories and haven't found anyone else talking about this issue. What should I do to try to fix this?

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Its Mccc when moving out sims, it empties the houses too.. I don't know why.
  • kristinkelseykristinkelsey Posts: 96 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Its Mccc when moving out sims, it empties the houses too.. I don't know why.

Hmmm... What can I do to prevent it/get around it? Remove MCCC, move the household out and then back in, and then put MCCC back?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    One thing I find that helps is when you decide to move a sim out, this includes deleting a household, for whatever reason, make sure you evict the household first in manage world. This will leave everything in place. I have the MCCC, and doing it this way works without removing anything.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    One thing I find that helps is when you decide to move a sim out, this includes deleting a household, for whatever reason, make sure you evict the household first in manage world. This will leave everything in place. I have the MCCC, and doing it this way works without removing anything.

Thank you for your comment! At this point I have evicted the household and am in the process of moving them back in. The option to move into a furnished apartment is grayed out. Hovering over, it says that the option is not available.
    edited September 2018
    When you go into build mode, is the home fully furnished? If it is, but not when you move in a family, go back into build mode before you move anyone in, and move some stuff around a bit, and add some new stuff, it doesn't have to be very much. I find that this will do a sort of reset to the location.
    edited September 2018
    When you go into build mode, is the home fully furnished? If it is, but not when you move in a family, go back into build mode before you move anyone in, and move some stuff around a bit, and add some new stuff, it doesn't have to be very much. I find that this will do a sort of reset to the location.

It is empty when I go into build mode. :( And now that I've left build mode, the overview of the apartment is showing it empty too.
    An easy fix to this would be to start up a new game save, find the apartment that has been emptied out, and save the rooms in your library. Then go back to your game save and add the rooms back, this time fully furnished. It's a bit time consuming, but it's much faster than trying to refill an empty apartment.
    An easy fix to this would be to start up a new game save, find the apartment that has been emptied out, and save the rooms in your library. Then go back to your game save and add the rooms back, this time fully furnished. It's a bit time consuming, but it's much faster than trying to refill an empty apartment.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a try.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    @LaBlue0314 This will fix one of my apartments affected by the same issue too! Thanks for the suggestion :)
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2018
    Bug reporting has been moved to a new place, that's why it's grayed out.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Flag families as ancestral, they will keep their homes as much as they can.. The lot gets emptied only if the mod moves out all sims living there.