Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The monster under the bed

To start off I must say I really like this feature...but I have made a few observations about this I am wondering if other experience also

First of all this seems to happen far more than I think it really should in child age...my first teo daughters had monsters under the bed every single night which I felt was just excessive. To top this off the entire spray the monster feature does not play out well. If I have one child I almost certainly have 2 or more and I have noticed the parents like to spray the wrong child's bed if only one has the monster which doesnt work. On top of this at first when my family was not so well off they had to share a room and I felt like even spraying the correct bed didn't always work (but when you have 2 parents and 2 kids clumsily stumbling around a small room spraying monsters I may have just been losing track I guess)

Another thing I have noticed is negotiating with a monster has never worked. Anyone ever have a child who talks to the monster under there bed with some kind of successful result?

The toddlers bad dreams have never seemed so time consuming and clumsy to me and it's possible I'm doing something wrong that's just causing me more work I guess but I dont think that's the case. Any ideas suggestions relatable experiences or general monster under the bed/bad dream discussion I would welcome

Comments

• MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Another thing I have noticed is negotiating with a monster has never worked. Anyone ever have a child who talks to the monster under there bed with some kind of successful result?
    Yup, but once they do, the monster is still there, they just get a "hello, my friend!" energized moodlet that makes them too excited to sleep. There is an "ask to leave" option, which I should really try sometime.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve disabled this monster thing. It was annoying because it kept my kids up
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    One of my Sims children befriend the monster under the bed, which keep them energised for an hour (if not mistaken). So, I get them to exercise instead after talking to the monster. One way for you to get rid of the monster is to place a special wall lamp.

Check out the monster octopus leg on bottom right
    a0uUPBR.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello
    You can place the Coolala Defender Light on the bedhead wall area of the child’s bed and that can help to prevent them appearing.
    This thread explains how the Monster under the bed works
    https://simsvip.com/2016/06/24/sims-4-playing-monsters-bed/
  • Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    I had no idea there was a wall light...I might break down and use it...the first two kids I had this was a nightmare then I had twins later (mostly by mistake) and they have not had nearly as many problems with

Maggiedoll wrote: »
    Yup, but once they do, the monster is still there, they just get a "hello, my friend!" energized moodlet that makes them too excited to sleep. There is an "ask to leave" option, which I should really try sometime.

Ask to leave option? I have never seen that! Next monster I am going to look. Usually they panic try to talk then run and wake the parents all on their own so I'll have to get the jump on them

@rosemow as always my dear I greatly appreciate your advice :smile:
  • De_SugarpumpkinDe_Sugarpumpkin Posts: 48 Member
    What is wrong with little monsters under the bed to get extra attention from the parents... :wink: giggles

> @Voldarian_Empire said:
    > To start off I must say I really like this feature...but I have made a few observations about this I am wondering if other experience also
    >
    > First of all this seems to happen far more than I think it really should in child age...my first teo daughters had monsters under the bed every single night which I felt was just excessive. To top this off the entire spray the monster feature does not play out well. If I have one child I almost certainly have 2 or more and I have noticed the parents like to spray the wrong child's bed if only one has the monster which doesnt work. On top of this at first when my family was not so well off they had to share a room and I felt like even spraying the correct bed didn't always work (but when you have 2 parents and 2 kids clumsily stumbling around a small room spraying monsters I may have just been losing track I guess)
    >
    > Another thing I have noticed is negotiating with a monster has never worked. Anyone ever have a child who talks to the monster under there bed with some kind of successful result?
    >
    > The toddlers bad dreams have never seemed so time consuming and clumsy to me and it's possible I'm doing something wrong that's just causing me more work I guess but I dont think that's the case. Any ideas suggestions relatable experiences or general monster under the bed/bad dream discussion I would welcome
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    I'm a bit over the monster under the bed. It's become too annoying. So my kids rooms have the light to keep it away.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    There's nothing wrong with it...but every single night for 13 or 14 sim days is excessive lol
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The light doesn't always work. You're lucky if it happens only every night, it used to happen two or three times at night before I disabled it.
  • De_SugarpumpkinDe_Sugarpumpkin Posts: 48 Member
    Yeah i admit it can get on your nerves at times. But for me, what I am annoyed over is, the scientist carrier, it is way to complicated, and that we can not yet create ghosts, witches or werewolfs in the CAS. Like we could on sims 3...
    @SiliClone if the light reduces it and not totally removed it then it's doing exactly what I want...thanks for the info
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    aw, no wonder @xamira99's kid there was so excited, she's got bare drywall walls to stare at!

as for the monster, i tend to have my more unusual kids (aliens, vampires, ghosts, the goths...) befriend it, others either get scared or get the nightlights (the owl toy nightlight is supposed to help too, i think. it seems to with me, as long as it doesn't get tossed into the toybox). and yeah, at least the children who do befriend it can ask it to leave for the night

there was a string of days where i had it visit every day for..i don't even know how long. but i haven't seen it at all the past few times i played households with kids (which have been few and far between lately, since i'm still slowly working on a year with the fyres, with long breaks due to crazy work schedules and such)
  • Not always feasible but if you give your child a double bed there is no monster, at least not in my experiences so far.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    @SiliClone I didn't know you can disable it! How do you do that? I always place the defender light over the bed, but like you said, it doesn't always seem to work.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    aw, no wonder @xamira99's kid there was so excited, she's got bare drywall walls to stare at!

as for the monster, i tend to have my more unusual kids (aliens, vampires, ghosts, the goths...) befriend it, others either get scared or get the nightlights (the owl toy nightlight is supposed to help too, i think. it seems to with me, as long as it doesn't get tossed into the toybox). and yeah, at least the children who do befriend it can ask it to leave for the night

:D She's a vampire by birth from a normal parent Sims from my legacy challenge game. Her twin is a normal Sims. So, I made her friend with the monster & the Bearcula. Unfortunately, the Simoleons are not enough to buy any paint or wallpaper when I took the photo, which explained the bare drywall.. ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    @SiliClone I didn't know you can disable it! How do you do that? I always place the defender light over the bed, but like you said, it doesn't always seem to work.

If you use MCCC you can disable it through that mod.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Is it weird that I kinda like it when my sim kids befriend the monster and chat to it lol. I always attempt it and have been successful quite a few times. I think I watch too many supernatural themed shows :p There should be a bonus trait for the kid when it happens... solving their own problems with negotiation skills!
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I like this feature, and it's always fascinating watching the monster. I normally add the lamp to avoid it all, but especially in new families I some times forget, and I might even be surprised when the monster drama starts.

I never kept a monster for a full childhood, and I didn't communicate much with it either, so I can't contribute to the success rate question.

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    If you use MCCC you can disable it through that mod.

Oh, OK. I don't use that mod, but thanks anyway :smile:

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    There is also a mod by coolspear that disable it, it disable toddlers nightmares too though.
    Anyway, the light doesn't even reduce it, if you have the monster 3 times at night every night, with the light it will skip one night but will appear 3 times the night after.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I think you can avoid it by not using child beds, but have never tried so can't confirm.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    not just child beds, any single-sleeper bed can apparently spawn the monster. or, at least can be sprayed to prevent it. i know i have one household with all the kids sleeping in double beds, yet they all constantly ask their parents and the butler to spray the butler's single bed so the monster can't show up