Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All About The Armstrongs

Comments

• OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    Se6_123 wrote: »
    Wow I hadn't thought of adoption.They should do it if they are ready though. Wow who is the dad of Summer's baby?

Doesn't seem to have one I checked the baby's genealogy! Very strange!

And yes, adoption is an idea for them as time is ticking. It may seem like they're rushing the kids thing but Salim ages up to elder in 10 days! :open_mouth:
    PART 42!
    Welcome back to another part!
    A cloudy winter’s morning begins with Salim getting some early writing in before heading back to work

fkOrnV9.png

Not wanting to disturb her husband as he’s hard at work, Kate heads into the kitchen to make breakfast, hoping the smell of pancakes will draw him out!

7kQ7PYu.png

She’s right that the smell will draw people in – Leia is quickly out of bed and watching some cartoons while she waits for breakfast

VhGqvqd.png

And the family have chance to eat together

8OqF6lh.png

With just over an hour until he has to head to work, Kate and Salim sit down and discuss something pretty important – another child. Kate has decided that she’s not sure she wants to be pregnant again or have a newborn baby, so they have been discussing adoption.

NX8so2b.png

But unfortunately the conversation ends there, as Salim has to head to work

MXQAxE9.png

Upstairs, Leia is reading a book in her brother’s room

JeeAYmz.png

And Mateo wants to be just like his big sister, sitting down with a book too! Awwww!

wEJDoLH.png

Meanwhile, Kate does some research on adoption and makes an official application

1PTZYHR.png

She then has a chat to Liberty about it, who is very supportive and proud of her friend for making the decision to bring another child into the home

M1kHPMi.png

So with the application officially made and it just a matter of waiting, Kate sits her children down to tell them the news

1lY7AwO.png

She explains that she isn’t sure if they’ll be adopting a toddler or a child, but that they will be soon getting a new brother or sister

JKQdTTk.png

The siblings seem excited about the prospect of a new sibling

B0Nkw3J.png

And Kate hugs them, grateful to them for being such amazing kids

w2sZ5UT.png

Before making some lunch

Lw2WgMT.png

Mateo is upstairs in bed, as the excitement of the day has meant he needs a nap

Hu0V5kz.png

So it’s lunch and some mother-daughter bonding for Kate and Leia

L87wDUR.png

Leia even decides to clean up after lunch, proving just what a wonderful kid she is!

She was thinking about diapers and blocks during cleaning, which I thought was so apt considering the conversation they’ve just had! I guess she’s excited!

PCX8UZA.png

Later, Salim gets home having earned a promotion

Uz3JNhQ.png

And soon gets a phone call from the adoption agency – their application was successful and they can head over tomorrow to meet some children, before adopting a child and being able to bring them home!

qmRLOoN.png

Salim shares the news with his wife, and the two are over the moon at the fact that they’ll be bringing a new child into the home

The couple are thrilled at the idea of bringing a child in need of love into their family and giving them all the love they can

frnX3Hx.png

And speaking of children, Kate heads over to the snowy Willow Creek to see Summer

CCjDyxY.png

She greets her friend, the new mother, before heading in to meet her child

m4yYGEH.png

Summer had a daughter, aptly named Winter as she was born on the first day of winter! So ladies and gentleman, this is Winter Holiday!

2NXMiI6.png

Back at home after an emotional day, Kate heads to bed

DSH9j6o.png

While Salim gives his son a bath

Before putting him to bed

8wnDwUu.png

Leia also heads to bed ready for school tomorrow

KtPwkQ4.png

And Salim joins his wife in bed

6mT4zLW.png

And that’s that! What will happen next? What will the Benali-Armstrong’s newest addition be like? Will their new child settle in easily to their new home? What else will happen?

Be sure to keep leaving comments! I love seeing what you all want to see next!

JBubvLD.png

Tune in next time for more of The Life of The Benali-Armstrongs!

THANKS FOR READING

XOX OliCait XOX

P.S. Sorry for the delays in updating guys! I've been having a few problems with my laptop as it's so old! I'm planning on buying a new one after Christmas! Next update hopefully coming later or tomorrow! :smile:
    PART 43!
    It’s time again to check in with the Benali-Armstrongs!
    Today, it’s adoption day!
    The family will be getting a new member!
    Who else is excited?!
    Well, we know Salim is, as he’s up early and prepping breakfast!

USGAFRz.png

Leaving Mateo to sleep in, the rest of the family sit together and eat their omeletes for breakfast

MPSLyeK.png

With 2 hours left before she has to head to school, Leia decides she wants to spend some time in the freshly fallen snow

rvxkMg0.png

So she heads into the garden with her Mum to build a snowman

vPDnvL6.png

Well that’s one thing to welcome the new addition home to later, eh?!

hL90QHR.png

As Leia heads off to school, Salim and his friends, Gavin and Bob, get cracking on putting the furniture up in the new child’s bedroom

WOCRXdm.png

khiaIGr.png

They’ve designed it as a toddler’s room, as they are planning to adopt a toddler

GM9OyUv.png

And have stuck with the yellow walls and designed the room around it

44dCoEC.png

The couple take a moment to themselves in the room, realising they will soon be heading out to pick up their new child, who will need lots of love, something they’re very prepared to give!

4WQkj6d.png

Mateo is up now too and very excited about the day ahead, so Salim plays with him for a while to get some of the energy out!

Lki63dd.png

Liberty heads over to the Benali-Armstrong’s house to look after Mateo, and Kate shows her the newly furnished bedroom

dF06CP6.png

And thanks her for looking after Mateo

YqB7mVQ.png

Kate gets to cleaning the house, ready for their new arrival

fC9dCYO.png

And even bakes an apple pie!

jv7BHQV.png

And before heading off, Salim watches his son play in the snow for a while

ov4DTV1.png

Before Liberty takes over the childcare

j850td2.png

And the couple head off

u9OVD7r.png

To meet their new child

vAzgHLw.png

While her parent’s are out, Leia returns home, now a B student! Congratulations Leia!

TEMMgko.png

And ladies and gentleman, without further ado, this is the family’s newest addition!
    Josette Benali-Armstrong!

iktU60D.png

The family meet their newest addition, with Leia happily greeting her new sibling

tah7EPz.png

And Mateo seemingly very happy to meet his little sister!

g0E9VmJ.png

The family head down to the kitchen to enjoy their freshly baked apple pie

rGWJQhO.png

And get to know their new addition, as well as chatting to Leia about her new B-grade at school!

7iaViN0.png

As the parents start to clean up, Leia entertains her little siblings

TYuJkxS.png

But it’s not all fun and games, as Kate needs to potty train Josette

B5y8jjH.png

Before tucking her into bed for the first time in her new home

r7KYl1g.png

And as Kate also tucks Mateo in

XHBT9MW.png

She has some time to help her eldest daughter with her homework

JXg84rn.png

Before it’s bedtime for the rest of the house

3rad7bI.png

So, what will happen next? Will Josette settle in well to her new home? Will Leia continue doing well at school? Will Mateo enjoy his last day of being a toddler?

imi5Ne0.png

Find out next time on The Life of The Benali-Armstrongs!

So guys - do you want to hear a little about Josette’s history? Her parentage? Do you think we could include her birth mother in an episode even? Let me know what you think! Maybe we should just leave it, I just don't know if y'all think there should be a little more depth?

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Se6_123Se6_123 Posts: 31 Member
    Josette is so adorable! Maybe you should talk about her birth parents with her being curious about them.
    Josette is so adorable! Maybe you should talk about her birth parents with her being curious about them.

Great idea! I wanted to incorporate more about her adoption into the story without making it too deep or boring to read. I think bringing it up with her perhaps in her teen years will be interesting.
    Question regarding Josettes adoption: would y'all like to see her birth mother visit her occasionally in an open adoption, or keep her only in stories we will tell Josette later?
    Let me know!
    OliCait wrote: »
    Question regarding Josettes adoption: would y'all like to see her birth mother visit her occasionally in an open adoption, or keep her only in stories we will tell Josette later?
    Let me know!
    Maybe her birth mother can have visitation rights?
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    Let me know!

This would be a good idea. Or do a toddler playdate. I think it would be cool to do an open adoption. It would be so nice to see who Josette takes after and the features and personality traits she gets from her mom.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
    ccarrig_95 wrote: »
    Let me know!

This would be a good idea. Or do a toddler playdate. I think it would be cool to do an open adoption. It would be so nice to see who Josette takes after and the features and personality traits she gets from her mom.

Thanks for your ideas guys! If you guys want to see her biological mother in an episode or two I will be sure to include it! Perhaps when she becomes a child her mother will visit her! We'll see! :smile:
    PART 44
    So, as I’ve had some feedback from you guys I’ve decided that Josette’s adoption will be an open adoption (I was planning to do that but you guys confirmed you wanted it, so thanks!) I will update you with visits etc. as and when I decide to hold them.

Anyway, with all that said, let’s get back to it!
    It’s christmas eve and also the night before Mateo’s birthday, so today is a busy day of preparation!
    So of course, the family need a good breakfast to get them through! While Kate whips up some French toast

an52imD.png

While Salim gets the kids up and ready

QV8zgSP.png

Breakfast was a rush and a lot happened so I didn’t manage to get a shot which is a shame, but here’s Salim enjoying breakfast with his daughter

BtrtJuJ.png

Leia heads off to school, braving the snow

YZkq62R.png

And Salim is not far behind

EJw1QUc.png

Meanwhile, Kate gets the kids wrapped up and the three head outside to play in the snow

HUR7PI5.png

They have a tonne of fun

96JekXJ.png

And get soaking wet!

ki4VM8S.png

So after drying them off and getting them changed, Kate reads them a story

ALRTamc.png

Which the children thoroughly enjoy, despite being full of energy of the excitement of tomorrow’s festivities!

Nb5rJ5A.png

The toddlers head upstairs and play in Josette’s room for a while

JNMIaFc.png

While Kate enjoys a few moments with a coffee on the porch, enjoying the winter snow

xcp6Kbt.png

While Mateo is told to play nicely in his room for a while

EWH4fuJ.png

Kate gives Josette a bath

JWDEJbB.png

Before putting the two down for a nap before christmas eve excitements begin

KklKhzn.png

And getting a few moments to herself for a warm shower

EHHau6A.png

Leia is home from school, excited for a day off for christmas, and has a snack

GIJMRWC.png

Wanting to leave the kids in bed a little longer, Kate grabs a few moments of writing time

nfgq0zq.png

And Salim chills out in front of the TV

Vuf8WcZ.png

But then, christmas festivities begin! Kate whips up some christmas cookies

ZG33X4G.png

While Salim and the kids put up the decorations

CQKxJpk.png

And then it’s time to decorate the tree!

7f3x2gw.png

While Leia and Kate take control of christmas tree duty

apv4e8x.png

Salim reads his children a christmas story

H5vMhKi.png

And after the family enjoys the christmas cookies

uvSxju8.png

It’s time to put the kids to bed, tucked in ready for santa to arrive with their gifts

kdOVnoH.png

And as each little angel is tucked in tight

XWzS371.png

Given kisses and wished sweet dreams

BUQiTHD.png

Some presents are placed under the tree

GJVJcs2.png

And it’s time for bed

KoVwYkV.png

Tomorrow, Mateo’s birthday AND christmas day! It’s gonna be a big one folks! So tune in next time for it!

UekcPYR.png

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
    PART 45
    Merry Christmas!
    It’s a busy day today as Kate is up early beginning to prep the christmas dinner

Hh5KbHP.png

And she leaves some leftovers out for breakfast as the family slowly wake up and come down to enjoy them

AbZojlP.png

And as she cooks through the morning

sfgGCMD.png

The rest of the family slowly emerge from their rooms and grab a bite to eat

915n6vQ.png

While Salim keeps the kids busy in the snow outside

V6nYLok.png

Kate also takes the chance to make Mateo’s birthday cake

dFSzDC4.png

The family have a few guests coming over for dinner, so they’ve set up extra tables in the living room (a kids table and an adults table) so there’s enough room for everyone

zrRzzPa.png

But before the christmas festivities can begin it’s time for Mateo to age up, blowing out the candles on his birthday cake

jP8LPrw.png

And he is officially a child! Happy Birthday Mateo!

TaOofQk.png

For his birthday he got a swing set for the garden

EWsqA3g.png

And Kate and Salim also decided to set up monkey bars for the kids as a christmas gift

OEg7Do6.png

The christmas guests soon arrive ready for their lunch, with Liberty, Summer and their kids coming over (Gavin had to work)

i5FyUl4.png

Not wanting the turkey and ham to get cold, Kate soon calls everyone in for dinner

cKUoiuM.png

And the extended family get to eating!

O0jDegR.png

The girls (that’s Winter next to Summer, she’s so cute!) aren’t much enjoying being sat in their high chairs so Summer sits them down to watch a little TV while everyone eats

m06krkV.png

And everyone slowly finishes off the plates, all dazed and stuffed after a delicious meal

6cBUcbz.png

Mateo and the twins head outside to brave the cold and play on his new swing set

S6zPWQx.png

But as the night draws in it’s time for the friends to head home. After some gift exchanges and hugs, the friends head home and the Benali-Armstrong’s gather around the tree to exhange gifts

Josette is first to open a gift

XYNi2X0.png

Followed by Mateo

UBSYQaX.png

Then Leia

mmqupos.png

Before Kate and Salim open their gifts too

NVyIhfJ.png

All are happy with their gifts!

OOJNqHj.png

Among the collection of gifts are a science kit for Mateo,

a doll for Leia,

some toys, bubbles and a book for Josette,

a chess table for Salim…

RHAJ6bJ.png

And a karaoke machine for Kate! Awesome!

ZwfnSg6.png

With gifts and food all done, the family head into the snow for some family fun

AhwL2nK.png

Building snowmen and enjoying the christmas snow!

60SkYAg.png

While they were outside, Father Winter arrived and left some more gifts for the kids

K7pEV8f.png

So the three open them up happily

Josette even has a few extra gifts from her birth mother, who we’ll meet in a later episode

M4TLkOr.png

Upstairs, Mateo’s room has been remodelled for his birthday

Lh5e51l.png

So he has plenty to keep him occupied throughout his childhood!

m5KmV1I.png

But even christmas has to come to an end eventually, as the family head to bed after a long, exciting and tiring day

K8HUz1a.png

Even Kate and Salim head straight to sleep, too exhausted for any christmas woohoo this year!
    Marriage and kids really does tire you out!

Iqt5bTf.png

And another christmas in the Benali-Armstrong’s household is over! What will happen next? How will Mateo settle in at grade school? Will Josette continue settling in well at home? What else will happen?

hQumHQN.png

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
    HEY GUYS! Sorry there hasn't been updates; I've been working on assignments and I've also been working on a remodel on The Sims 4 too which will hopefully be up a little later! New updates for the story will be coming soon! Thanks for your patience!
    Hey guys. So like I said I may not be updating for a while as I'm really into builds at the moment in the free time I do have, and I don't have much due to uni assignments. I will DEFINITELY be back soon - in the meantime, if you're interested in building and refurbishments, check out my refurb: https://forums.thesims.com/En_US/discussion/952194/renovating-the-landgraab-mansion/p1?new=1
    Hey guys. New episode going up soon, be sure to catch up before the new ep! Xx
    Sorry guys. I'm afraid my game is just being way too slow to be able to do an episode today. I may need to take a break for a while until I can get it all fixed. Keep the story bookmarked for now and I'll come back to it when I can! Thanks for being understanding. X
    PART 46!
    It’s another Friday in Brindleton Bay and Kate is up early to finish her latest book

GYv1FYg.png

While Mateo and Leia are having breakfast and getting ready for Mateo’s first day of school

apaH51w.png

Leia talks him through what school is like, and Mateo says he’s most looking forward to science class

FURfQFn.png

The kids even have time to quickly rush through some homework with the help of their Dad

qcW77TX.png

Before being waved off to school by their Mum

7Ts2Exh.png

Who quickly returns to writing after waving them off

EJhFneE.png

While Salim wakes up Josette and sits down for breakfast with her, leaving his wife to write

s2JB4vX.png

But not for long, as she soon comes walking out confidently, having finished her latest book!

KGLwNwG.png

So she joins her family for breakfast

c2BUQ0s.png

Before spending some time playing with Josette
    I’m so glad these two decided to adopt – Josette is the perfect child! She’s independent so she goes potty and can handle being alone for a while, and is well behaved (so far)!

Sw5craB.png

Salim decides to relax in front of the TV on his day off

W8AqDbq.png

While Kate is upstairs teaching Josette some basic needs

Fvy3OSy.png

Before putting her down for a nap – dolls and learning is hard work for this little one!

zrNtOS0.png

With an hour before the kids return home from school, Kate takes time to take a look online for Leia’s birthday present – she’s becoming a teenager in 2 days!

wBNW7y4.png

But she quickly has to shut the computer off as the kids return home

0bAY3jD.png

As Mateo comes into the office to tell his parents all about his first day of school

PGpUxkf.png

Kate decides to order a pizza to celebrate Mateo’s first day

V6YgeRU.png

And the kids watch some TV after dinner

y9YWNuZ.png

With their little sister, who decided she had enough of the blocks she was playing with upstairs and came down for some pizza

vQQ4z2x.png

And after bath time for the kids

7Qzz2BN.png

djdntb6.png

It’s time for bed for them all, as Salim reads his daughter a story

jtKf1Bk.png

While Mateo and Leia head straight to bed

sGs2BH5.png

Leia needs plenty of rest before her last day of grade school tomorrow

6d6a2Mg.png

And it’s not long before the parents are in bed too

iMIrrRg.png

And that’s the end of another day for the Benali-Armstrongs!

What will happen next? Will Leia’s last day of grade school go well? And what will she be like as a teenager? What gift is Kate planning to get her?

uA1F2Ev.png

THANKS FOR READING, and your patience with the delay in updates recently!

XOX OliCait XOX
    PART 47

It’s the day before Leia’s birthday, and her last day at grade school! Time sure flies!
    Salim, Leia and Mateo are up and having breakfast

9nHvl2i.png

And Leia is talking about her last day of school and her birthday

Jstoc4b.png

But the chat is cut short as the three have to leave for work and school

G0o0tct.png

Soon after they’ve left, the girls are up and having breakfast too

3C2H3B3.png

And after giving Josette a quick bath

QE3w9Rp.png

Summer and Winter come over for a play date

Z11gZX7.png

The girls play dolls for a while

8pnRPyL.png

While the Mums sit and chat and watch them play

Z7EauUI.png

The kids are home from school and Mateo heads out into the garden to play on the monkey bars

X5xIp8j.png

While Leia sits with the girls to watch some TV

bCXseRy.png

Which gives Summer and Kate a good chat about tomorrow’s birthday party for Leia and the mystery gift they’re getting for her

dMp0JVV.png

Before it gets dark the girls want to play in the snow, so Salim sits out on the swings to watch them for a while

emIwpZr.png

And has a bit of fun himself!

BSfoMUP.png

As night draws in the Holiday girls must head home

SV6YUqU.png

So Leia keeps Josette company upstairs

55ehTe7.png

While Mateo does his homework in the kitchen alongside his Dad who’s reading a new book

JaThvoT.png

Kate whips up a birthday cake for tomorrow

aB04e6w.png

And Josette wants to watch her mother cook while she makes a chicken stir fry for dinner – I wonder if she’ll grow to love cooking?

RloDnTn.png

And the family sit down to eat their Friday night dinner together

CeNvTLh.png

And soon after, the kids head to bed

IqtekXg.png

With a long day of birthday celebrations coming tomorrow

6xjW8mu.png

0GAyMZT.png

And with the kids in bed, Salim gets to work putting up the decorations for tomorrow…

7dojTH6.png

He decorates the kitchen

8dj9rcG.png

The living room

eBa11Yp.png

9gTgXVl.png

The front door

5SWL7z9.png

And he even places some balloons outside of Leia’s bedroom

NAmLVra.png

Meanwhile, Kate gets to work whipping up a few snacks for the party tomorrow

iFi77rs.png

And the two finally get to bed, readily awaiting their eldest child’s birthday!

iLb6P8W.png

And that’s it for another day! What will happen next? How will Leia’s birthday party go? What will she be like as a teenager? And WHAT is the mystery gift?!

L9d0EVj.png

Find out next time on The Life of the Benali-Armstrongs!

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
    So guys! It's the new year after tomorrow's episode, and we'll also have kids of all 3 ages - so, what do you want to see happen next?! I want to make sure this story stays engaging! <3
    Maybe we can see Leia develop some more interests and bringing friends over and kates' friend's kids coming over more.
    Maybe we can see Leia develop some more interests and bringing friends over and kates' friend's kids coming over more.

Yes I deffo want to do that, it's just so hard to accommodate it when it can take me ages to take a single shot! I will be trying to have more of their friends showing up!
    PART 48!

It’s the day of Leia’s birthday and I can’t believe how quickly she’s aged! It feels like just yesterday she was a little baby…

ePFgxtP.png

VvgbzZx.png

It’s also New Year’s Eve, so we have a double party and celebration today!
    Salim is up first and gets started on French toast, Leia’s favourite breakfast

zmscL5q.png

While Kate gets Josette up and ready for the day

2Zeux2U.png

And the family sit together to eat breakfast with the birthday girl, who has to resist the urge to open some presents!

sRyEjI2.png

But not for long, as she’s soon opening up the pile of presents from family and friends – she gets some new clothes, some new bedroom furniture and a few trinkets

zjRcYH3.png

And before long, it’s party time!

2qt5Ds0.png

Leia has a great time dancing with her friends – the twins (Thomas and Tobias) and her friend from school. Fiona

2LsHOPO.png

The snacks go down well too

jpeEcB0.png

And Leia sits alongside her family and friends and enjoys her cookies

aVXAJQj.png

And before long it’s time to blow out the candles!

1JdrQc0.png

And Leia is a teenager! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEIA!

KOL31fx.png

And here she is! This is her party outfit, but you’ll get to see her other outfits over time!

0T09gLP.png

And her new bedroom, which is similar to her childhood bedroom other than a new bed and some décor, including plant lights, a make-up table, and some make-up and hair products on her dresser

9cGj8j2.png

JmJjqw8.png

taRCqts.png

Salim gives his daughter another gift from him and Kate, and she’s a little confused

zN0DBIq.png

Um… Salim? Why…

bgqXwER.png

Well, because the surprise gift for Leia is a kitten!

itq4Kxy.png

Leia decides to name the kitten Tiddles, and she instantly falls in love with him!

44hZ3Qk.png

She thanks her parents for the amazing gift

NZ25nZe.png

dimh8pq.png

Leia’s friend Julian pops over to wish her a happy birthday

OJouhk3.png

And she greets her friend happily

pD1zP3J.png

The friends talk for a while, as the clock ticks towards midnight

xDqf3TB.png

And soon it’s time for the countdown…
    5…. 4…. 3…. 2…. 1….

uFjahTW.png

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4jQ7fNY.png

The family and friends celebrate the new year together

7cUZQHQ.png

And it’s soon time for bed
    Leia feeds Tiddles before heading to bed

j7kJoWE.png

And they fall asleep together – I can already tell they’re going to be the best of friends!

HguPnvQ.png

And that’s all for this part!
    Well, a lot happened! Leia is now a teenager, we have a new kitten, and it’s the start of a new year for the Benali-Armstrongs!
    What will this year bring?

hUyl9E3.png

Find out next time on The Life of the Benali-Armstrongs!

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
    Sorry for the delay guys! New episode up soon! <3
    edited December 2018
    PART 49!!

It’s another day in Brindleton Bay and Kate is the first up, heading into the office to get started on a new book

NffVe0K.png

Josette is soon up too, and sitting in the office with her Mum and playing with some blocks

EtAaOTX.png

And it’s not long before Leia is up and bringing Tiddles downstairs for his breakfast

jqrvm2l.png

The newly aged-up teenager has decided to test out her cooking skills by making breakfast for her family

87MZoon.png

Which goes seemingly well – no fires at least!

MhttXWP.png

Mateo quickly joins his sister for breakfast

efQxN4z.png

Enthusing and complimenting her for a successful breakfast

IZ0Fc89.png

The rest of the family soon join too, and Leia’s cooking skills are quickly complimented by her family – it looks like she’ll be doing the cooking today!

vYMlTrv.png

It’s Josette’s birthday tomorrow
    (does anyone else feel like we’re having a birthday every other day here?)
    So, Kate and Salim want to spend a day out with their children

ctl1bF3.png

Mateo bumps into Thomas and Tobias (Thomas pictured here) and heads off to play with them

8Dau8ly.png

While Kate and Salim watch Josette play on the slide

LPrjUim.png

Mateo is having a great time playing with his school friends

ypPoAi9.png

And Leia spends a while cloud gazing and sunbathing

f4WvIxv.png

Mateo spends some time chatting to his friend from school.
    Aww. She looks so shy. Childhood romance, anyone?! <3

IiTMwMD.png

Salim grills some burgers

NuE18rD.png

But Leia bumps into some school friends, so skips out on lunch with the family (she is a teenager after all!)

3CeIzF7.png

So, while the rest of the family sit down to enjoy their burgers

t9P3118.png

Leia sits down to play chess with Harry

lzmytlu.png

But it’s not long before Salim does a not-so-subtle walk by, to make sure chess is the only game they’re playing!

qUoLJiT.png

Some father/son bonding gets underway as the afternoon draws on, as Salim teaches his son to fish

gqUQa75.png

And the two do some fishing together

ahPa6OF.png

Mateo even catches his first fish! A little guppy! AW!

JJGLMHz.png

As the evening draws in, the family head home after a happy day at the park, sitting together to watch a film before it’s time for bed

xXvbgn7.png

Even Tiddles joins in the family watch party!

3nGmsHO.png

And before heading to bed ready for her first day of high school, Leia wants to get in some play time with Tiddles, so she grabs a laser pen and has some fun with the kitty!

lXllEq0.png

This is such a cute interaction! <3<3

IIjaouH.png

Upstairs, Kate reads Josette a bed time story for the last time, as tomorrow she will age up!

cHPBZvz.png

Deciding to take on some more adult responsibilities, Leia offers to put up the decorations for her sister’s birthday

REdFakA.png

Piling up the gifts and setting up some balloons

yCauluJ.png

Before she heads to bed and it’s the end of another day for the Benali-Armstrong’s!

T3Kh82O.png

What will happen next? How will Josette’s birthday go, with a visit with her birth mother? How will Leia’s first day of high school go? What else will happen?

V09NICa.png

Find out next time on the Life of the Benali-Armstrong’s!

THANKS FOR READING!

XOX OliCait XOX
    SPECIAL PART 50 COMING SOON!
    PART 50!

It’s part 50! To celebrate, we’ve got a very special episode! Today is the day of Josette’s birthday.
    As you’ll remember, Josette is Kate and Salim’s adopted daughter.
    With your help, we decided that Josette’s adoption would be open – her birth mother will be able to visit occasionally (birthdays mainly), with her first visit today!
    So, without further ado, here’s our special part 50 episode!

Our morning begins with Leia doing her pet-owner chores – cleaning the litter box!

bm73XQ5.png

And having breakfast with her brother, sharing her anxieties about her first day of high school

pLgxoYn.png

Before heading off! Good luck Leia!

j9dlpLC.png

And is quickly followed by Mateo!

yDU2OUe.png

Kate and the birthday girl are up next, having breakfast together as Kate explains the events of the day

cEC22iY.png

Before Salim takes her upstairs to get ready

qFdczao.png

And the two play dolls

3CqYuzO.png

While downstairs, Kate whips up a cake for Josette

CQRqoC8.png

And Kate greets today’s special guest… Jolene Timothy – Josette’s birth mother!

Wrh8ScS.png

The mothers sit together and talk for a while, about Josette’s childhood and the adoption

txA0Hez.png

And even sharing photos of Josette’s first week at home

uqjjWQb.png

Before it’s time for Jolene to meet her daughter for the first time since she was born

UYkoYQN.png

The two are both shy at first, but they soon get comfortable with each other and they start chatting happily

ur16ChL.png

Even telling jokes and laughing together

zFhjdWj.png

Kate heads to the kitchen to make some coffee, giving the two some space to get to know each other

tkjNUTu.png

And before long it’s time for little Josette to age up!
    (I missed the aging up unfortunately!)
    And it’s time for the presents

laVECJe.png

Jolene gives her a scrap book for photos from her pregnancy and a few family photos too, after clearing it with Kate, who thought it was a brilliant idea

fFCtPEK.png

And after gifts, the family head upstairs to show Josette her new bedroom

usPVlGp.png

Styled green!

wjhzT6e.png

While Josette shows Jolene her new bedroom

NJikzz3.png

Tiddles surprises us all with aging up too! Well happy birthday to you too, Tiddles!

Qk4U7bf.png

Upstairs, Jolene and Josette have another chat

VuE7L0l.png

Before it’s time for Jolene to head off. She bids Josette goodbye and tells her she can’t wait to see her again soon

YQxHAPN.png

And downstairs, Jolene thanks Kate for the visit, telling her how amazing it was to see her daughter and see that she’s in a loving family.

J5mWRA1.png

Kate and Jolene share an emotional hug, before Jolene heads home

InBnB0T.png

And Kate gets a bit of time with her eldest daughter

ekylLW7.png

And the two chat about her first day at high school – it went well, she made some friends, and she’s really enjoying her classes

is228Bz.png

But she’s feeling unwell, so she soon is told to head to bed

gvBPkAM.png

And as the rest of the family follow suit

XThYUGb.png

It’s the end of an emotional day for the Benali-Armstrong’s

Kalv2ub.png

What will happen next? Will Leia continue to enjoy school? Will Josette enjoy grade school? Will she be okay, now she’s met her mother, not seeing her again for a while?

And one final question – as part of the PART 50 celebrations, I want to know your opinion – do you want to hear more about Jolene’s story? Her pregnancy, and why she had to put Josette up for adoption?
    Let me know in the comments below!

THANKS FOR READING

XOX OliCait XOX