Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All About The Armstrongs

Comments

• Options
    OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    HEY GUYS! Thanks for sticking with the story for this long! I'm not quitting don't worry! Quick question for you all... I am thinking of moving the family into a bigger house in order to continue the story as the children grow up and maybe get a pet or something at some point... If I do, would you like another house hunting part or just a house tour of the house I decide on? Let me know! <3
  • Options
    Se6_123 wrote: »
    Will you pair Summer off with anyone?

hmm good question! I have been thinking about it... Who do you think she would go well with? I quite like the idea of Travis as they seem to have a flirtationship now... Maybe I'll have them officially couple up now they're living alone!

• Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    edited November 2018
    Wait what, you wanna move em already?? :D I thought you already had a big enough house for 2 or 3 kids, how many more do you want?? Lol
    I'd say just pick a house and give us the tour. Unless you want your readers to vote for a house, then house hunting might be more fun.
    Also Leia is pretty cute!

Edit for a spouse for Summer. Johnny Zest all the way, they have/had a great fit in my games
  • Options
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    Wait what, you wanna move em already?? :D I thought you already had a big enough house for 2 or 3 kids, how many more do you want?? Lol
    I'd say just pick a house and give us the tour. Unless you want your readers to vote for a house, then house hunting might be more fun.
    Also Leia is pretty cute!

Edit for a spouse for Summer. Johnny Zest all the way, they have/had a great fit in my games

Yeah the house is just pretty small for the needs I have for the family - I don't know if they'll have any more kids, that'll be a discussion once Mateo is a little older, but they're both adults now and so time is getting on for them! The rooms are actually quite small, and so it's difficult to have homework spaces, lounge spaces for them once they become teens, and space to fit in other skills items! I have picked a house and will make sure it makes sense to the story - I won't just up and move them without explanation! :smile:
  • Options
    PART 36!

Another day begins in the Benali-Armstrong household and first up is Leia, excited for her first day of school. She gets a head start on some homework while the rest of the family wake up.

bk5yKJY.png

And then the family have breakfast together before parting ways.

ueJw8LH.png

Salim talks to Leia about starting school, and she’s excited to make new friends!

BMRzKqp.png

He reminisces about his days at school, and explains that because of his promotion, it’s kind of his first day too, which calms Leia’s nerves.

Q3r2KzJ.png

After breakfast, Kate tidies up while Salim picks up Mateo

z3x4Fne.png

And gets him dressed

jSVRvsK.png

Before hopping into the shower to get inspired before work

OsFKGyS.png

Leia picks out her first day of school outfit

XtQthSc.png

And finishes off the last of her homework

uWSQeR0.png

So, with a kiss from Dad

ibXEP2n.png

And a hug from Mum

impE9Rw.png

It’s off to the first day of grade school for Leia!

GHVCFQu.png

And off to his first day in his new position for Salim

Dpyiv5u.png

And the start of a day for Kate and Mateo to bond!

EiFlOMY.png

They play on the slide

VT2hWn6.png

4XWf74Q.png

Kate starts teaching him to talk

YmTRYF3.png

And potty trains him

NqOF4QE.png

And as the day wears on it’s time for a nap for Mateo

Crzu1d7.png

And for Kate too!

bEyWzFA.png

Leia returns home from school half an hour later, happy with how her first day went. She met a few new friends and did well in class.

IDi12J1.png

She decides to grab a snack of animal crackers

LnZnTBN.png

Kate wakes up from her nap and gets started on dinner

SieuNcw.png

Leia isn’t very hungry, but sits with the family and does her homework while they eat and Kate talks about her day first

JMAf7Ec.png

Then it’s Leia’s turn to talk about the events of her first day of school, which she does excitedly!

FdlvLMr.png

And even Mateo wants to chat a little about his day! Well, more babble. But still. Adorable.

Ws9bMuv.png

After dinner, Kate cleans up while Salim spends some quality time with Leia. She’s got a project to do for school and he agrees to help her so that she can finish it quickly

dFWGIW2.png

Wow! Looks good!

nqdm11W.png

Leia thanks her Dad for his help with a hug

x0UQdt1.png

And while Kate tucks a tired Mateo in to bed

t7P0hxo.png

Leia has a quick bath

10n3PHJ.png

And the family head to sleep, ready for another day of work,

TZW8Xe6.png

School,

jroq5kI.png

And playing.

VUT5td4.png

That’s all of this episode! What will happen next? Will Kate and Salim decide to move into a bigger house to suit their children’s needs? Will Leia continue to enjoy school? Will Kate find time to write another book?

dAG4Xqg.png

Find out next time on The Life of the Benali-Armstrong’s!

THANKS FOR READING

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    First off, What a beautiful family and great SimLit you have here!

I do love your writing style, how you fixed to have the text and a the pic following. I just recently fixed my story to be more like that as well. I love how you show her outfit choices each day and even the house options and how you've decorated it. Very nice incorporation of game play and designing. I am more of a game play instead of design so it's nice to see people's creativity when they decorate homes themselves! Also, I really like seeing your different expansions such as seasons (soo funny to me how it seems to always be raining). I don't have that pack so seeing you celebrate holidays really gives the story a time line! Amazing!!

Have you ever thought about putting your SimLit on wordpress for full blog design? I think you would be great! Though I also like staying updated on the forums!

One last, A couple pics on your part 25 aren't showing up, just thought i'd mention. Great story! Will be following <33
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • Options
    Se6_123Se6_123 Posts: 31 Member
    I came back and you had a aged up Leia, I was so confused lol
  • Options
    Leia is so adorable and so is Mateo, Kate and Salim have the cutest kid
  • Options
    Maybe give a premade a makeover and pair them with summer also maybe look for a nice house on the gallery for them
  • Options
    Leia is so adorable and so is Mateo, Kate and Salim have the cutest kid

They really do! Part of me wants another but I'm not sure with Kate's writing career already taking a back seat!
  • Options
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    First off, What a beautiful family and great SimLit you have here!

I do love your writing style, how you fixed to have the text and a the pic following. I just recently fixed my story to be more like that as well. I love how you show her outfit choices each day and even the house options and how you've decorated it. Very nice incorporation of game play and designing. I am more of a game play instead of design so it's nice to see people's creativity when they decorate homes themselves! Also, I really like seeing your different expansions such as seasons (soo funny to me how it seems to always be raining). I don't have that pack so seeing you celebrate holidays really gives the story a time line! Amazing!!

Have you ever thought about putting your SimLit on wordpress for full blog design? I think you would be great! Though I also like staying updated on the forums!

One last, A couple pics on your part 25 aren't showing up, just thought i'd mention. Great story! Will be following <33

Thank you so much for your comment! I will take a look and try to fix the images! Thanks so much for your feedback and i will certainly consider a blog! Xx
  • Options
    I came back and you had a aged up Leia, I was so confused lol

Haha! Yep, been updating pretty often the last few days! :)
  • Options
    PART 37!

Welcome back! Recent episodes have been lagging a little, I know! So, I’m going to try and butch things up a little in the next few parts.

We start our day with a family breakfast as always, a little rushed this morning due to a late start!

cFS2E46.png

And before long it’s time to head off to school for Leia

PiKeLjs.png

And off to work for Salim

U2ndsfu.png

Kate’s writing career has been on the back burner recently, and she’s feeling very inspired this morning, so after spending a little time with her son

LGBsRVh.png

She calls Liberty over to babysit

neoynLz.png

Mateo is happy to see Aunt Liberty, and she takes him to her house for a while to play with Thomas and Tobias

A8VTnWZ.png

And after a quick shower

OlrgXqv.png

Kate heads into the office and spends the day working on a new book called “Candyland” – a fiction book

5WN12vu.png

Her writing is interrupted a few hours later though, as Leia returns home from school and Mateo is dropped back off

Gt8e4HC.png

It’s Halloween, so the family get dressed up. Kate dresses in her old cheerleader outfit, and Mateo is a little monster.

XwwLQEC.png

Leia decides to aptly dress as grand master yoda

h3iAW7d.png

And the family gather together to watch a toddler-appropriate scary film – let’s go with scooby-doo!

Q8N0dOU.png

When Salim returns home, dressed as a ‘villain’, he joins the family for the second half of the film.

PH8s2Mq.png

Kate gets into the halloween spirit, giving out treats to trick-or-treaters!

3C93N1D.png

And then she gets started on cooking Chilli – the weather is getting colder so it’s the perfect ‘warm me up’ dinner

jb6QB2d.png

While Kate is cooking dinner, Leia gets started in her homework while Salim tells Mateo a story

8hvpRcW.png

And the family end the day by sitting down for dinner

FwKKjaG.png

Kate tells Salim that she’s found a house she loves and wants to buy it – she’s published 10 books now and is making a fair few hundred simoleons each day, as well as having made a fair amount from bonuses and selling furniture gifted with promotions, plus Salim is making good money too. If they sell the house, they can afford a house of around 34,000 simoleons, and add their own furniture.

JPOlOuD.png

Salim seems happy with the idea, going with the ‘happy wife happy life’ motto!

irXuwZj.png

So, while Salim reads Mateo to sleep

PGHDFS7.png

Kate sits down with Leia and discusses the new house with her. She explains that the rooms are a lot bigger, there’s more garden space, and it’s generally better for a growing family.

I7mlWMh.png

She seems happy with the idea of moving, especially since Kate said that the house would be in Brindleton Bay, the perfect place to potentially get a pet! Good use of bribery there, Kate!

DVW6uiz.png

And with that, it’s off to bed for the last time in this house.

NZwQIwL.png

SXQjujh.png

Yes, I know that happened quick, but I’ve just not been gelling with the house and now that they’ve got just enough money to move, I think it’s time.

LnAtiVH.png

So what will the house be like? Find out next time on The Life of The Benali-Armstrongs!

Thanks for sticking with the story over the last few parts guys! I know it’s been a little slow and the house move was super sudden, I just haven’t been enjoying playing as much and I think a new house will perk me back up and I can really get back into writing. I hope you’ll support me in that decision!

<3 OliCait <3
  • Options
    PART 38!

Welcome back! Today, our family will be moving into a new home…
    Leia has the day off of school in order to be involved with the move!
    Kate and Salim pack up their bedroom…

UvIPLFw.png

And Leia packs up her bedroom (with some help, of course)

JcnuFjb.png

She also helps out her brother pack up his nursery too – and comforts him about the idea of moving into a new home

bVjKWOM.png

He seems pretty content with the idea of having a bigger bedroom to play in!

l1PdRaj.png

And as the living room is packed up

t4TAsr3.png

It’s time to move into the new house!
    again. So sorry that this is so sudden – like I explained in the last part, I haven’t been enjoying the game as much and the small nature of the house is making additions to the game a little difficult (i.e. christmas decorations, holiday celebrations, pets or kids)

cdC3Yhd.png

While the moving company gets started unloading the majority of the furniture, the family stop by an american diner in their new home town of Brindleton Bay for a bite to eat.
    this restaurant was taken from the gallery and was built by Mariamoore299

U1FGajO.png

The family sit and eat in the diner, talking about the new house.

ysBwpqt.png

Leia tells Salim about how Kate said they might be able to get a pet in the bigger house – he tells her that he’ll think about it!

ZeUQYyO.png

A little later, Salim recieves a phone call that the furniture has been unloaded at the house and it’s ready for move in

Mn6USLv.png

So it’s time to go!

s6IeZ8X.png

Welcome to the new home! This house is an edited (thus, cheaper) version of one by coraliecp in the gallery

QQ8nebU.png

Let’s go on a tour!

The main floorplan for downstairs looks like this…

uCvQnWx.png

ibIabOl.png

And each room…
    The office is much larger and follows a black and white theme as before, with the his and hers desks as well as comfy chairs for reading. More will likely be added later if needed.

Nb2ygkl.png

The kitchen is now clean white, with the white wood dining table from the old house finishing the room.

KDQC0TU.png

By the back door, there’s a unit with plant décor and a colourful rug, adding something to the space and pulling the room together.

JD3N6zD.png

The living room is black and white by design but with some blue paint on the walls to bring some colour to the room. Some art will be added to the walls later.

7JaF0VW.png

And by the front door is another unit to pull it together.

NQ4lAvG.png

Upstairs, there are three bathrooms and four bedrooms.

Q8tDNrd.png

L4jwfto.png

The first bathroom is shared between Leia’s room and the spare bedroom.

hFylvs1.png

And Leia’s bedroom looks similar to her room at home, with new wallpaper to age it up a little

ei8Si9V.png

She also has a few new dressers and a mirror, as she’s growing up and needs more space for clothes and a dressing area

TNuP0ky.png

The second bathroom is one that comes off of the hallway and is essentially one used by Mateo as it’s beside his bedroom.

QW9gfUn.png

And here’s Mateo’s new nursery, so much bigger with plenty of room to play and grow!

ULdo6DA.png

Cg1etLF.png

And finally, the master bedroom. Now a classic black and white to match up with the rest of the house. The wallpaper is CC and I LOVE it.

Ry1wmld.png

Complete with a dresser, two mirrors and some wall art

5gLTEEP.png

As well as a reading-slash-canoodling couch for the couple and some plants to tie it together.

F5zWuiw.png

Outside, we kept one of the two patio tables we got for the summer barbecue as well as the toddler outdoor toys, recoloured to blue and yellow to be more gender neutral.

NqWTzfx.png

So, as the family move in, Salim helps Leia unload the last of her bedroom

LfyiENV.png

While Kate reads Mateo a story and explains to him about living in a new house, ensuring he understands that this is their home now.

4Om5jYt.png

And with the furniture in place, the family sit down to watch some television together in their new home

gnYXsOj.png

Before long though, Bob Pancakes, the new neighbour, stops by the welcome to Benali-Armstrongs to the neighbourhood.

22D1q1o.png

Kate helps Leia with her homework

d21gDMm.png

Before greeting Bob Pancakes and making some coffee for everyone

dxsnB11.png

Eliza, Bob’s wife, also comes over and the couples sit and get to know each other over coffee and cake

QsF4ZdN.png

They talk about the neighbourhood and other neighbours

20cjwCf.png

And Eliza and Kate get on quite well

7dauu4G.png

But before long it’s time for bed in the new house as Salim reads Mateo a story

M5mYH4R.png

And Leia heads to bed too, excited for another day at school (she’ll be attending the same school and they live closer now)

Dm3FC6f.png

With the kids in bed, Kate and Salim have their own celebration in the new house

YftlHbl.png

Before too heading to sleep.

QXS6sYJ.png

And that’s that! What will happen next? Will we find a use for that extra bedroom? Will the family love their new home? Will Kate finish her newest book?

QQ8nebU.png

Find out next time on The Life of The Benali-Armstrongs!

THANKS FOR READING AND STICKING WITH THIS STORY!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    Hey guys!

Leave a comment below of what you’d like to see next in the story! I'd love to know your totally honest thoughts on the story!

Be brutal (but also nice!)

• Options
    Loved the new chapter! Maybe we could see something like Leia creating her own club for an interest or getting a pet!
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    OliCait wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Leave a comment below of what you’d like to see next in the story! I'd love to know your totally honest thoughts on the story!

Be brutal (but also nice!)

I'd like to see more kids...but that's completely up to Kate and Salim!
    Loved the new chapter! Maybe we could see something like Leia creating her own club for an interest or getting a pet!

I agree. That would be really cool.
  • Options
    @Se6_123 @15aewar thanks so much for your feedback. Another child is certainly on the cards and we will see Kate and Salim discuss the possibility in future episodes.

I love the idea of Leia developing interests and getting her own personality a little more! She got a violin for her birthday so perhaps music will be an interest of hers! She also loves animals so maybe a vet in the making!

New episodes coming soon! Loving the suggestions!
  • Options
    PART 39!

As morning rises over Brindleton Bay, the Benali-Armstrong family are waking up to a brand new day, the first in their new home.
    Salim is first up and jumps in the shower

NNyp84T.png

Leia is up soon after and sits down to read a book. I totally forgot that it’s Harvestfest today, so they both have the day off!

ulszS43.png

Salim whips up some French Toast for breakfast, being very gourmet with those fire tricks!

YLLr2ve.png

And the family sit down together for a harvestfest breakfast.

WwA2UGv.png

After breakfast, while Kate tidies up, and Leia gets dressed for the day

evW5fZr.png

And practices her violin

hsZFofr.png

Meanwhile downstairs in the kitchen, Kate is getting to work on the Harvestfest dinner

xI1GjEo.png

Upstairs, Salim is potty training his son

9ZiwAY7.png

And the two of them play and bond for a while

BmchewZ.png

With the dinner almost ready, Kate gets started on a little more of her newest book

WgovXOt.png

Leia is having a great day in her new house, playing with her doll

L5gWmdZ.png

And petting a local stray cat outside of the house

m3SWZbU.png

Liberty and her family arrive soon after to spend Harvestfest with the Benali-Armstrongs.

zTSRZlG.png

Kate has set up a little play pen in the dining room for the kids to play in while they eat

bgGVgan.png

And it’s time to eat!

LmJYk9e.png

The meal goes down a treat and the families bond and chat for a while

WwA2UGv.png

Before moving into the living room for drinks and TV
    Kate cracks open the wine

OD6PUfe.png

And the families watch some TV

nOYD8Jf.png

Before Kate makes a toast….

MwGetQM.png

To family

5Uu867A.png

And friends

7XJBTTh.png

And with that it’s time to call it to night

KC2gJdK.png

As the families bid each other goodbye

4KoQNE6.png

And it’s time for bed

MOFhLZy.png

For the whole family

n5zvBn3.png

Ready for another day

IOUsOoh.png

What will happen next? Will Kate finally finish her book? Will Leia achieve a B-Grade at school? Will the couple discuss having another baby? (I'm watching their thought and speech bubbles extra carefully the next few days to decide what they want to do!)

q9wgpH5.png

Find out next time on The Life of The Benali-Armstrongs!

THANKS FOR READING!

Sorry it was quite a quick one today, I totally forgot about harvestfest but as we celebrated last year it felt weird to just cancel it this year!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    Hey guys. Just letting you know that there won't be any updates until next week as I've had to travel without my gaming computer! Keep your eyes peeled and hit that bookmark star to keep track!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    NEW POST GOING UP SOON (as long as my game decides to work today)! THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PART 40!

WOW! Part 40! Amazing! Thank you so much to all you guys who have been reading this far, it’s been so much fun to write these stories and I intend to keep going as long as I enjoy it and you want it!
    So, without further ado, let’s get on with part 40…
    Kate wakes up first and makes breakfast for the family

VkYYBO5.png

And they sit to eat together

YMWesOh.png

Before Leia has to head off to grade school

PQ3lBrb.png

With Salim off of work for the day, Leia leaves him to watch Mateo while she jumps in the shower to get inspired for a day of writing

SQZ0YRR.png

Salim gets to teaching Mateo shapes – he ages up in 4 days and Salim wants to make the most of teaching him before he begins grade school

hfBDh5n.png

Kate sits down in the office to finish writing her book – one more good book and she’s completed another step of her aspiration!

FsgOdGP.png

Salim, meanwhile, had grown tired of teaching and Mateo has grown tired of learning, so the two get to playing!

9uHCGoT.png

But playing is tiring, so Mateo is put down for a nap

zeWTl1F.png

And as Leia arrives home from school, still a C student…

lNQ17la.png

Salim decides he wants to take Kate out for dinner, so leaving the kids with a babysitter and changing into something smart

byOfCb9.png

The couple head back to the spot of their first date!

HCG12IV.png

The two talk about the kids, the house and the future…
    I watched closely every speech bubble they said and put together a little interpretation of what was said as the two had a few deep conversations

pSpYbSz.png

They mention books, which I took to mean that Kate is happy with her new job as an independent writer and staying at home.
    They also mention woohoo – pretty obvious!
    They mention nappies once, so kids may potentially be in the picture, but they also mention money a lot – so maybe it’s worth considering whether they can afford a third child.

5IJtTEN.png

Besides, the couple may be considering getting Leia and Mateo a pet soon as promised!
    Should they get a cat or a dog? Let me know what you think!

XXMtm6F.png

So, having had the important conversations, the couple get back to flirting, eating and enjoying a night away from the kids.

HaaCLrq.png

Before heading home

zNYmD24.png

Just in time to help Leia with some homework,

W2VUSto.png

Read Mateo a story,

OBLWzx8.png

And tuck the kids into bed

PzgkHk6.png

Before finishing off their date night in a classic Salim and Kate way!

F7oVbnT.png

What will happen next? Will the family get a pet? Will they continue with the baby talk? (the clock is ticking so they’d better make a decision!) Will Leia reach a B grade?

q9wgpH5.png

Find out next time of The Life of The Benali-Armstrongs!

THANKS FOR WATCHING AND YOUR PATIENCE WITH THE DELAY! I will be trying to add more parts soon, but my game has been running really slow recently which is making writing very frustrating!

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    A pet cat would be nice and maybe they need a little break with kids then having one just so it isn't back to back
  • Options
    PART 41!
    Welcome back! I sure hope you’re all still enjoying this story! Please continue leaving your comments as I love reading them!
    And now let’s get back to our story!
    Leia is first up this morning

5gjS1NI.png

So she heads downstairs and grabs a bowl of cereal and watches cartoons while her parents sleep in a bit

d4WbQhO.png

But soon after Salim is up and in the shower getting ready for the day ahead

63egmjk.png

And Kate sits down for breakfast and has a chance to catch up with her daughter

a6RLM9t.png

Before Salim and Mateo come downstairs for breakfast too

jjNh8ao.png

With everyone fed and ready for the day, Leia takes some time to practice her violin – she’s creative level 7 now :smile:

0A2FOpX.png

And while Kate does a little cleaning

dnU0S8m.png

Salim reads his son a book – certainly ingraining the book loving young with these kids!

yKAi1pM.png

Meahwile downstairs, Kate has finished cleaning and is now in the office, finishing up on a book

s64WEuu.png

Mateo decides he wants to watch his sister play the violin for a bit, and it’s just so cute!

eQwlV1U.png

Downstairs, Kate has finished her book and completed another step of her aspiration! Salim congratulates her and suggests that the family goes out to eat to celebrate

TosI1Ch.png

So they head to the burger place and who should they see but Summer Holiday, PREGNANT!
    (this was a legitimate surprise for me as I hadn’t gotten around to pairing her off yet! She was in my ‘other’ households, so she had the ability to get pregnant out of my control!)
    Anyway, congratulations Summer!

Yb58RL4.png

And the family sit down the eat, and Kate decides to invite Summer to eat with them

WvbYfTk.png

I lost most of the pictures of them having dinner somehow :(

dOaP0aY.png

So back at home, Kate cleans up some messes made earlier

5dMqX7V.png

And then joins her family to watch some TV

CfdW62K.png

Before the kids gets sent upstairs while the parents discuss christmas

4ZsUP56.png

Deciding on what to get for the kids

UEVA24v.png

Leia is upstairs with Mateo, teaching Mateo shapes

Q03FvQi.png

And reading him a book

sxMIjvE.png

It’s starting to get late, so Kate finishes off the book with Mateo as a bedtime story

JUy3Nao.png

While Leia reads on her own for a while

M3PKe1A.png

And as the kids head to bed, Kate and Salim sit down together to have another important talk… Do they want more kids?
    After realising how quickly her kids are growing up and seeing Summer pregnant today Kate thinks she wants another baby, but does she wants to be pregnant again?

6aAXPIC.png

They discuss the possibility of adoption too – will they decide to bring another child into their family?

3SFCNzJ.png

The couple head to bed with a lot on their mind – tomorrow, they will make a decision on what to do, as time is ticking.

6CbHGhv.png

What do you think they should do? Let me know in the comments below!

1c7v3SI.png

THANKS FOR READING

XOX OliCait XOX
  • Options
    Wow I hadn't thought of adoption.They should do it if they are ready though. Wow who is the dad of Summer's baby?