Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 New Packs Guesses...

Comments

• Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    Question about a farming pack and please forgive me for my ignorance here. We already have "enhanced" gardening as well as a gardening career, so what additional gameplay would having a farming pack bring? I stopped buying Sims 3 after a few packs for reasons and I don't recall a farming pack in Sims 2. I'm only asking because I've seen a farming pack come up in the forums fairly often. Is it for the animals or something else having to do with gardening? I appreciate any insight. Thanks.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Question about a farming pack and please forgive me for my ignorance here. We already have "enhanced" gardening as well as a gardening career, so what additional gameplay would having a farming pack bring? I stopped buying Sims 3 after a few packs for reasons and I don't recall a farming pack in Sims 2. I'm only asking because I've seen a farming pack come up in the forums fairly often. Is it for the animals or something else having to do with gardening? I appreciate any insight. Thanks.

I think it would be more farm-animal focused. But I also don't think it's the next pack, given we just got new animals a year ago. They'd need all-new animal meshes.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I think it would be more farm-animal focused. But I also don't think it's the next pack, given we just got new animals a year ago. They'd need all-new animal meshes.

Thank you for your response. I agree, I don't think it'll be the next pack because I think they'd release more popular ones first. Maybe it'll come in a game pack or something in a year or so. Don't think it'll be something I'd be interested in anyway but I was curious about the appeal for others. Thanks again.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Thank you for your response. I agree, I don't think it'll be the next pack because I think they'd release more popular ones first. Maybe it'll come in a game pack or something in a year or so. Don't think it'll be something I'd be interested in anyway but I was curious about the appeal for others. Thanks again.

I think a FARM pack could bring a lot of crafting options that could be used anywhere, like churning, knitting, quilting, etc. Home spun hobbies of a sort.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    The next pack needs to be romance based. Lots of things lacking in that department.
    A wedding stuff pack would make a fair bit of sense.
    2-3 possible objects and some décor suits and dresses to cover the theme "romance" that has been ignored for 4 years I sure hope not. We need an actual dating system turn on turn offs I cant even imagine slow dancing being in a stuff pack once again a wedding stuff pack becomes even more useless.

Agreed.
  • Options
    If we're going to have a ROMANCE pack, I want a dating app for the phones that you must download, SimSpark (i don't want it bugging sims that are already in a relationship, so it should be an opt-in download). Once registered, it would alert you if other members were close by.

I also want Sim Speed Dating. Your single sim (after registering via phone or computer and picking your sims preference) gets an alert that a Speed Date is set for a certain time at a certain restaurant (which is closed for business that night). Your sim attends the date and rotates daters at a set interval. The conversation is up to the player to ask the dater the proper questions to determine a spark or not. Then, after it's over, your sim can call up the dater(s) that they are interested in and ask them out. Maybe there could be a sort of chart you can access in your sims phone that shows which daters your sim has a connection with and how strong it is, similar to the pink, flirty slider in the top panel during a conversation. The more pink there is, the stronger the connection.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If we're going to have a ROMANCE pack, I want a dating app for the phones that you must download, SimSpark (i don't want it bugging sims that are already in a relationship, so it should be an opt-in download). Once registered, it would alert you if other members were close by.

I also want Sim Speed Dating. Your single sim (after registering via phone or computer and picking your sims preference) gets an alert that a Speed Date is set for a certain time at a certain restaurant (which is closed for business that night). Your sim attends the date and rotates daters at a set interval. The conversation is up to the player to ask the dater the proper questions to determine a spark or not. Then, after it's over, your sim can call up the dater(s) that they are interested in and ask them out. Maybe there could be a sort of chart you can access in your sims phone that shows which daters your sim has a connection with and how strong it is, similar to the pink, flirty slider in the top panel during a conversation. The more pink there is, the stronger the connection.

I love all of this!! I'd also like it if players were able to see all sims living in game instead of just sims our sims already know.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope it’ll be cars. Or a beach GP. I would like something with hobbies too. And a teen stuff pack.
    I’ll probably be a GP since we already had an EP.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

This is such a cool idea! I hope hey put this in. But I think the speed dates will be set up at a park or other venue because not everyone have Dine out.

I don't know how the rotation will work but maybe the dates spawn on the lot at specific time intervals and when you hover over them they are labeled as date at the top and then when the time interval ends the date will tell your sim bye and then leave.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

This is such a cool idea! I hope hey put this in. But I think the speed dates will be set up at a park or other venue because not everyone have Dine out.

I don't know how the rotation will work but maybe the dates spawn on the lot at specific time intervals and when you hover over them they are labeled as date at the top and then when the time interval ends the date will tell your sim bye and then leave.

How about if I change it to a venue that the player selects? That way, those without DO could create a venue or add tables and chairs to existing venues like the park or museum.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Blind dates also need to be a thing.
  • Options
    Louise_WordsworthLouise_Wordsworth Posts: 33 Member
    My gut says beach/island pack, with the island world being part mountains/part beach (or 2-3 islands each with different terrain characteristics anyway). Just the free Caribbean update and now, the free terrain tools, make me think that they're planning ahead for something like that.

Retroactively, the terrain tools could look awful (100% flat world such as Newcrest/Oasis Springs, then lumps only on each lot? Would look weird lol) so I am hoping that IF we get a new world, it has some sort of terrain variance so you can build around it or flatten the lot if needed.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I think what we should be asking here is...What pack would be best served by having terrain tools and possibly needing an upgraded Python engine added before it comes out?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I think what we should be asking here is...What pack would be best served by having terrain tools and possibly needing an upgraded Python engine added before it comes out?

Exactly. Which is why I was thinking of cars.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

Exactly. Which is why I was thinking of cars.

I got that impression from SimGuruRomeo wallpapering some of the lower building walls during the Streaming session. Of course they couldn't put in actual garage doors if that comes with a new pack. It could just be wishful thinking though but it would be nice to see cars going about the neighbourhood to visit, instead of a loading screen for lots in the same neighbourhood.
  • Options

I think a FARM pack could bring a lot of crafting options that could be used anywhere, like churning, knitting, quilting, etc. Home spun hobbies of a sort.

Hmm, if it came with canning options for food or pickling, I'd consider it. But, I've already decided that until they release University, I will not buy another pack (my personal protest), so if something like this were to come out first, I can't go against the protest unfortunately. 😗
  • Options
    danacnbrettdanacnbrett Posts: 102 Member
    Is it just me or has nobody else noticed the new Toddler Stuff pack in the picture of all the expansion, game and stuff packs on the wall?
  • Options

Hmm, if it came with canning options for food or pickling, I'd consider it. But, I've already decided that until they release University, I will not buy another pack (my personal protest), so if something like this were to come out first, I can't go against the protest unfortunately. 😗

While I admire your resolve, aren't you hurting yourself more than them?
  • Options

Haha! Actually based on how hurt I've been with some of these past packs after spending my money and not feeling like it was worth it, i feel like I'm protecting myself from further heartache. At this point, I can't see myself being disappointed in a University pack.
  • Options

Haha! Actually based on how hurt I've been with some of these past packs after spending my money and not feeling like it was worth it, i feel like I'm protecting myself from further heartache. At this point, I can't see myself being disappointed in a University pack.

When it comes, I hope it's all you want in a Uni pack.
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2018
    [/quote]
    We need an actual dating system turn on turn offs
    [/quote]

Oh yes Sims 4 really needs a system of hobbies, faves and turn-offs. This can include shared hobbies, traits, and faves that would make some Sims naturally more compatible or even incompatible. It would give even my Good Sims some incentives to play a bit more mischief towards Sims who are into just the "worst!"
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options

Me too. I've been praying REAL hard. 🙏
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

Me too. I've been praying REAL hard. 🙏

Me too! I've been praying since before GTW. It still amazes me that we got that before Uni.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    I will say that sim guru kate exchanges the spooky witch costumes with real aitch clothes. I want and I think witches are next
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    witch*