Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TRICK OR TREATING

How can my Sims go trick or treating? Kids can change into costumes, but I don't see how they go and I have no one coming to my door for ticks or treats!

Comments

• MidnightKitsuneMidnightKitsune Posts: 4 New Member
    As I remember, the day when you throw feast party (known as spooky day) you can send your teenagers and children to trick or treating. It is better if they have an adult with them because when it is dark, the police will penalise them. Click on your neighbours' door and there will be an additional option for trick or treating.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm not sure I had success in S3 with that. I've only played it once in S4, but I didn't see a way in it either. I checked a neighborhood door and it didn't have the option I thought. I didn't see a chance to send them.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I had success in S3 with that. I've only played it once in S4, but I didn't see a way in it either. I checked a neighborhood door and it didn't have the option I thought. I didn't see a chance to send them.

Their is trick or treating in S4? I didn't know that! I have Seasons
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited September 2018
    bluzkat65 wrote: »

You have to create the Holiday for Sims 4 I think not sure haven't played it much since I got Seasons for it.

As for Sims 3 if I remember correctly you have to click on the neighborhood houses that have someone home at the time to get the option to Trick or Treat.
    Although once you start it it also causes the inactive children and teens to start doing it as well and there is bug that can pop up that will make inactives Trick or Treat all year long and that can get annoying as there is no way to stop it at least none that I'm aware maybe @igazor knows of any mods that help prevent the bug.
    And in some worlds like Moonlight Falls Trick or Treating doesn't work well for inactives as there is a set distance to how they will go to start Trick or Treating and in Moonlight Falls the houses are spread out unlike Sunset Valley and a few others.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    bluzkat65 wrote: »

You have to create the Holiday for Sims 4 I think not sure haven't played it much since I got Seasons for it.

As for Sims 3 if I remember correctly you have to click on the neighborhood houses that have someone home at the time to get the option to Trick or Treat.
    Although once you start it it also causes the inactive children and teens to start doing it as well and there is bug that can pop up that will make inactives Trick or Treat all year long and that can get annoying as there is no way to stop it at least none that I'm aware maybe @igazor knows of any mods that help prevent the bug.
    And in some worlds like Moonlight Falls Trick or Treating doesn't work well for inactives as there is a set distance to how they will go to start Trick or Treating and in Moonlight Falls the houses are spread out unlike Sunset Valley and a few others.

I so wish they would have fixed the bugs for our beloved S3.