Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lightning is off on my game but I'm having a lightning storm

SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
I have lightning turned off on my game (just double-checked) but I just noticed one of my Sims is 'dazed' and says he was struck by lightning, and their Rocket and scarecrow in the backyard are fried to a crisp. What??? This literally just happened while playing, and I haven't had this before. Anyone else's game doing this today/suddenly?
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
Post edited by SheriGR on

Comments

• MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    How long ago did you turn it off? I believe I remember reading on the weather effects menu, when you change it it takes sometime to set in. Also have you tried exiting the game and then booting it back up again. Maybe that will allow changes to set it. If not, then it's either a glitch or those settings don't work properly
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    You could also try exiting the game, deleting your localthumbcache file and going back into your game, see if that helps.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Same! I was just about to post this. I turned off lightning but it's still happening in my game even after saving and quitting and rebooting again. I've also deleted the cache and it hasn't helped.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Hmm sounds like a bug that may need to be reported to AHQ
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Was the weather report a 'mystery' day? It'll be designated by a question mark. The reason I ask is because the same thing happened to me after I turned off thunderstorms in a save on my old laptop. I believe on those days you can get any kind of random weather no matter what settings you have chosen. If that's the case, I wish they would tweak that so you only get random weather according to your settings. Just a thought... *shrugs*
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Thank you all for the suggestions. Good ideas. I been playing seasons for over a month and in different households and worlds - through a bunch of seasons in all. This is in a 'new game' I've been playing for several days. I've played through summer in this new world (and in the other one with my other households) and never had a rain storm be anything but rain, which reflects my settings. A few hours ago the game announced it was Autumn and I believe it was that night/next day that the (thunder/lightning storm) was.

Since then I delete cache and did a repair of the game. Not sure how long it will take to confirm whether or not I still have the issue since it is mostly snowing, and even if you have thunder/lightening enabled I don't think it happens with every rain, if memory serves?

@Chazzzy - It helps to know that you (and if any others have the issue, them also) have noticed this on your game suddenly, in case it is a bug. That's how we'll know if that's a possibility or not.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Was the weather report a 'mystery' day? It'll be designated by a question mark. The reason I ask is because the same thing happened to me after I turned off thunderstorms in a save on my old laptop. I believe on those days you can get any kind of random weather no matter what settings you have chosen. If that's the case, I wish they would tweak that so you only get random weather according to your settings. Just a thought... *shrugs*

I hope that's not the case because it would negate having the option to disable a particular weather in the first place ya know?
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I have lighting turn off but will still get lightning on mystery weather days this has happeneds in any save I play.
    edited September 2018
    @Karababy52 and @Tan80 ...good to know! I will have to watch for mystery weather and if it occurs on a day like that. I don't look at predictions, but I'm assuming I can check on the live day? I can go with shaking it up a bit and have a random occurrence of lightening. I just had no prep in place for that and had to pay $7000 to re-buy the rocket, plus lost all of the 'relationship-prep' and all in place with the scarecrow (he will help with the garden after he likes you enough).

Question... will lightening destroy things while I'm not playing the lot?
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    SheriGR wrote: »

No, everything is preserved for you when you leave the home lot, and should be left exactly as you left it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited September 2018
    SheriGR wrote: »
    @Karababy52 and @Tan80 ...good to know! I will have to watch for mystery weather and if it occurs on a day like that. I don't look at predictions, but I'm assuming I can check on the live day? I can go with shaking it up a bit and have a random occurrence of lightening. I just had no prep in place for that and had to pay $7000 to re-buy the rocket, plus lost all of the 'relationship-prep' and all in place with the scarecrow (he will help with the garden after he likes you enough).

You can see up to 7 days ahead by looking at the calendar (there's a weather symbol that shows in the boxes for each day) and you can see today's forecast and current weather by hovering over the tiny weather symbol just above the clock UI.

edit: it might be just below the clock, either way it's in the same info panel as the game clock.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited October 2018
    I have been able to confirm just this evening that, while playing another household in the same town (Newcrest), there was a 'Mystery' (aka ? ) weather day on the calendar, and it came and was a thunder/lightening type rainy day.

Now... if this is the case, that it only would come here and there and on 'Mystery' weather days, and only while I am playing the game, I can live with that. Good to know. I just put everything I would hate to have to replace into inventory for the day. On the lot where I originally noticed this I may have been extra vulnerable since having two 'Rocket Ships' in the back yard may be a bit of a lightening rod? I don't know, but I can live with it if that 's the case... Especially since the lightening is rather cool after all... Heck, I'd be willing to let it fry the rocket again if I could catch a screenshot of it. ;)
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery